/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris
- (Future FAQ Pastebin goes here. If you want to contribute, reply to the OP with ideas or excerpts to use!)
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1 pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5 reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki

>Endless Legend
- Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (embed)

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=909547945
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Spiders are cute. Cute!

First for its the same ship

>spider sperg is also a frenchman

I should have known. Fucking faguettes.

Cute!

1st for Ayylmaos

Fortresses are op

So faggets lets settle this,

What do you call the people who work as "space sailors"? Astronaut has to much of a exploration/science angle that we'll need a new word for mainstream spacetravel.

Spacemen?
Spailors?
[insert FTLmethod]ers?
FTLers?

I imagine once its becomes really mundane they'll just be called by their job title or role, you won't be a "space sailor" or whatever you'll just be a crew member on a starship.

Mmmm?

Spacers.

People on planets are Earthers.

Is tiny map (150 stars) fun?

Spacers.

It is pretty much the generic sci-fi term for them, so I'm kind of baffled that it wasn't on your list.

Spacie (rhymes with wagie)

>Spailors

Space Marines

Probably spacers.

is this empire going to be fun

>that whole list

[Angry Games Workshop lawyer in the distance]

>intelligent
>fanatic materialist
Can a giant beetle even wear a fedora?

Solid minmaxing

So no

SJW
Space Justice Warrior

obviously they'd put the fedoras on all those robots

that's not minmaxing, minmaxing is having something dumpster like sedentary as your negative trait. At least weak hurts him.

Also, mechanist isn't very good for minmaxing either. There's a billion other things you could pick; all it does is save a few years researching robots

>run on normal time
>read scibooks to pass the time
So comf it hurts.

If paradick ever makes an expansion that fleshes out planet invasions/combat and introduces boarding it better bet called Stellaris: Space Marines.

Not only that but it looks like there's an obvious theme to all the picks.
Even Weak as as a drawback works as flavor for a species that obsesses over robots.

that was kind of what i was going for, although i hadn't decided on the bug profile yet

mostly i'd like to actually play a game past destroyers for once, and I think the robots sound fun and/or useful

tfw you post to wrong thread

These cheeky buggers.

So I'm at 111k fleet power and growing rapidly, I just came out of a very long series of wars. What do I need to kill an AE?

Warp
>cut through a forest with a chainsaw to get somewhere on your terms
Hyperlane
>maneuver around trees on familiar natural paths to save time until some asshole builds a mall on it
Wormhole
>order the construction of a highway that goes underground to go through the forest quickly and safely once it's done just pray that no one caves it in

Should be fine. Just don't engage them in systems with starports and fortresses. Keep an eye on their fleet power and who they're at war with. Jump them when they are getting hammered by someone else.

I'm making a custom spiderfag race for my next playthrough just so I can destroy them.
Probably make them that super needy Befriender AI personality, since he's such a needy attention whore .
Maybe throw in the antfags as a Hive Mind too.

What the hell are jump drives then?

How do I integrate a vassal that costs over 1000 influence?

What the fuck Paradox.

Jump Drive
>*teleports behind u* on the forest, clearing it near-instantly
Psi Jump Drive
>same as above, but you're only imagining it and that makes it go further

They just hammered my rivals on the other side of the galaxy, I missed my opportunity.

There still hasn't been a crisis, maybe something will happen on their side.

I just get obliterate in war by a normal AI. How bad I am?

What about the Unbidden? are they a bear that tries mauling you because he hates anime?

>jump into system
>get venn diagrammed to death

Unbidden
>aggressive woodsman invades your forest and starts cutting down and then eating whole trees once he notices you teleporting like an idiot

It happens. Once you figure it out it's pretty hard to lose unless the local FE decides he likes the looks of your boipussy.

update

i decided i want to use the space beetles for psionics

I don't know why, but ringworlds give me an impression of fragility.

Whats better to use on cruisers? Full small or full medium slots?

Please put Fuck Spiders on our team

>take my entire fleet of 42k to take down the Enignigger Fortress
>win, but now I need to bring a science ship or a troop transport to get inside it
>closest science ship is a like 30 systems away
>keep my fleet by the fortress just incase
>science ship is almost there
>some cunt empire I rarely deal with comes with a 12k fleet and a troop transport to try and steal my treasure
>have to declare war on them and destroy there fleet and transports
>now I'm at war with 2 empires twice my size
Was it necessary? Going to need to conquer 1/5 of the fucking galaxy in the name of some science.

How about we don't and once that spider shit finally ends we can forget about it?

>Elda
>just Eldar without the R
You cheeky bastard.

Plantoid ships look really good for bug people. Don't use those ugly anthropod ships.

Consider that they would probably be hundreds of miles thick.

elda is the singular form of eldar, for the tolkien version

dunno about the WH one

How do I abandon a planet? I don't want this piece of shit

>didn't bring a science ship, construction ship and transport ship along with the main fleet, and having them in the system passively until the battle was over
Get your shit together, user.

Space Cowboy.

>construction ship

Why tho?

>still no Freespace shipsets
>not even Blue Planet ships

Space America, fuck yeah.

all this clay(?)...
You are literally Russia, let them in and backdoor them, set orbital to unlimited and drive them bankrupt

You don't spend it all in one go. You pay in installments.
5 influence per month will keep going towards it even when you hit 0, it's just that you won't be able to build up influence because of it.

WHAT A GUY LOL

Anyone got any experience with this mod?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=909547945

>be me
>playing cute moths
>found gaia planet
>too good to be true.png
>suspicious name
>yep, holy world, stay clear from it

lel, you fell into the one I just avoided

post builds for space mind flayers? obvious psion

[soft mewing intensifies]

When do FE/AE start building Titans?

as soon as they awaken

I'm not really bitter, he's just a weeb who hijacks low pop generals to post his kumos in. He did the same to indie games and a couple others.
I doubt he even really plays Stellaris.

I played a Noldo one just pre Utopia, Materialist(fuck the Valar), Xenophobe, Militarist with Nomadic Solitary Engineers traits

Spawned next to a Fanatic Purifier who became my nemesis, got the Galaxy hating me for genociding his shit, pissed off two awakened empires for denying to join them during War on Heaven only to have them join me on kicking the Unbidden out and becoming a big happy family

Too fun and too realistic

Titans?

for what purpose?
>calle captcha

Well, they are pretty slave reliant, so decadent
They need fully grown humanoids of other species to create a new adult illithid, so slow breeder is appropo
they have a Genius level intelligence acording to the Monster Manual, so that.
they are chaotic monsters, so avoid authoritarian
whats the most broken psi build for 1.5? Try and tweak that template.

>implying tolkien elves would be into robotics

Just in case, brah.

>provocative fleet maneuvers takes TWO FUCKING YEARS

>"I'm not bitter"
>"but I'm mad as fuck"

No, I already killed the FE.

I needed to colonize it to get DEUS VULT cheevo

You're right, should of known better.
There are some events that need a construction ship, but they seem very rare. So yeah, why tho?

Is there any way to reduce army upkeep in a similar way how you dock your fleet?

I know having a general helps but any other ways?

>American Empire
>Not the Free Democratic American Systems
Fukin gay mate

Fuck spiders. Kill yourself

>they are chaotic monsters
Wait, really?
Everything about them seems Lawful to me, right down to the way they unquestioningly subsume themselves into a gestalt overbrain.

>retarded weeb strolls along and ruins generals with off-topic shitposting
I'd be a bit mad too

if i knew enough about stellaris to know the most broken builds I probably wouldn't be asking for advice

FUCK OFF THIS IS MINE

Yeah, in most editions of D&D they're Lawful Evil, not Chaotic Evil. They have rather orderly, regimented societies. I think of Lords of Madness as pretty much the definitive Illithid splatbook, though.

Tiny galaxy, ring or elliptical?

build space wall and make them pay for it

Wiat this actually works in my favor

alright

Let them. Then, when they inevitably admit to being weak and useless, let them serve under you as a protectorate. Integrate them and then quietly purge or displace the population.

>Fuck spiders
well when you put it like that

As long as you kill yourself afterward

>moths
W H A T

M O D

>I-it's not like I want to be your protectorate, sempai

Update your game m8

How do I not rip off my hair when playing with wormholes
Everything about these blows so hard
They blow for exploration
They blow for invasions