Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w0WetHkYVtw
youtube.com/watch?v=fx6JTNKeI9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Down Down Motion

Do people living in New York and California actually believe that guys in the middle of nowhere with no scene have as much of a chance to become as good as them, or is it them just trolling to get more pot money at majors?

I need you Asuka!

I'm love Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite!!!!!

PUT RASHID IN MVCI

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Are you excite for mommy's game?

On one hand, Ultron and Sigma, but on the other hand, down down motion.

Play Guilty Gear.
It's really cheap and it's fun.
Baiken and Answer is coming out next month too so buy it.

Play SFV
You'll fucking love it

i play ragna's wife

No, it sucks.

Sounds easier for D-pads, but a nightmare for sticks.
Shouldn't really be called "dumbing down," more like "we want the poorfag audience"

>fgc personalities are already trying to defend mvci by bringing up rising blunder
fucking LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats the input to change the costumes for some sfv characters, I can never seem to get it work if its even real.. who knows.

How much do you get payed per (You) user?
Will this buy you lunch?

anyone got pictures of pre-transition gllty?

is it back up?

how are they comparing the two?

rising blunder had one button dps so it's okay if mvci has down down dp

It is but none of you lazy fuckers have posted the new colors HURRY THE FUCK UP

>rising blunder
never forgetti youtube.com/watch?v=w0WetHkYVtw

this is the casual audience they're going for

remember when rising thunder was supposed to be a huge deal because casuals could finally stand to other players and then they all gave up the game in a week anyway
fun times

people with no scene? No, I don't imagine so. But there are tons of places in the country that aren't Cali and NY that have great scenes.

Las Vegas, Chicago from what I hear, I'm told that Houston has a good scene

when is 7pm pdt?

I played Guilty Gear once and vomited when I saw what mid-combo animations looked like

I just booted up SFV at work and my boss gave me a promotion!!

Fuck that ive been doing the DP motion on a pad since i started playing fighting games and never had a problem with it.

WOULD

All 3 punches, up, and lk for everyone but urien
HP, lp, and mk for Urien

Mishimama is pretty cute desu. I might pick her up if she's fun.

he's not wrong.

spamming and abusing the shit out of one OP move is not fun and looked upon

he's right about literally everything

>smash 4 ryu players can do a dp motion for more damage on their dp
>mvci dp motion is down down

Loving
Every
Laugh

ed

guilty gear is fun, xrd isn't.

xrd removed all the footsies from the old GG games

ED'S ARMPITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ed's sweaty foot soles

I know about other places having good scenes, I just find it hilarious when people tell little Jimmy in Nebraska that he has a chance to be a top player despite having no players to practice with in a 50 mile radius.

Is moving in Tekken supposed to feel stiff if you can't dash cancel yet?

DOA5 dlc is on sale
did you charge the $1200 on your mom's credit card yet for some good sniffs?

Ed's sweaty crotch after a fight

wew

Yes. Learn to do it as fast as you can if you want the game to be any fun at all.
What's the point when the PC version still has no lobbies?

This never gets old.

I don't get why people would get mad about this, I only saw the first post and was thinking about 1 button specials or something.

Ciel's DP is a down down motion.

who fucking cares? go kill yourself stinky smelly nigger i am filtering you

yes, you can do lazy sidestep cancels until you learn kbd, but you really have to learn some form of movement cancelling ASAP

ed's unwashed week old underwear with bits of pubic hair on them

just pointing out that you are in fact wrong, and if that dude had taken 3 seconds at any point during that match to stop and think instead of jumping and hitting buttons the whole time, he could have easily found a solution

How do I stop getting sidesteps when I try to KBD?

New shop colors for Story costumes

ciel isn't an entirely new character
ryu's dp changing inputs was bound to have controversy particulary since that change is stupid
it's also just an example so it's bound to have even more changes potentially as dumb and dumber than this, considering how the guy presented it it's natural people are extremely worried

No one cares, Peter.

sfv servers are back up? why aint no one tell me

why bother sticking with a video game if you don't find it fun?

how exactly are you pointing out anything? you just posted a screenshot to brag about your pixel rank in a game that has never been out and will never be

turn on inputs and force yourself to do it clean, you're not supposed to hit up or down while kbd

ciel is an entirely new char*
but you get my point regardless

Spacing with wavedashes and doing stuff like ws2 cancels from them is way harder than for example whiff punishing with electrics IMO.
I mean any clown can go into training mode and wavedash but using it properly in a match is really hard.

i guess noone here plays fighting games, who'd a thunk it?

Here's the truth;

fighting games are a dying genre. The only ones who do big numbers anymore are the ones who focus almost entirely on single player content * gimmicks (NRS games) and Smash which focuses on insane IP draw power as well as super simplicity.

The only way you're gonna get the fighting game genre to grow and get new blood is by appealing to the newer generation. The way to do that is to vastly simplify the controls while also having a recognizable brand name.

Simplified inputs is not the end of the world for marvel. The game could still have a ton of depth.

The problem is that capcom has a bad track record because they'll likely simplify much more than the controls. They'll likely simplify the fuck out of the meta too.

Casuals love games with depth. Just look at how popular Mobas, CS go, hearthstone, etc are. It is entirely possible to have a game with very simply controls yet deep gameplay.

When Ed got leaked people seemed to care

t. Combofiend

the Chel/Talos fight was arguably the hardest in the entire game, and I never lost to chel because if you do literally anything other than hit buttons you destroy her

Here's the truth;

fighting games are a dying genre. The only ones who do big numbers anymore are the ones who focus almost entirely on single player content * gimmicks (NRS games) and Smash which focuses on insane IP draw power as well as super simplicity.

The only way you're gonna get the fighting game genre to grow and get new blood is by appealing to the newer generation. The way to do that is to vastly simplify the controls while also having a recognizable brand name.

Simplified inputs is not the end of the world for marvel. The game could still have a ton of depth.

The problem is that capcom has a bad track record because they'll likely simplify much more than the controls. They'll likely simplify the fuck out of the meta too.

Casuals love games with depth. Just look at how popular Mobas, CS go, hearthstone, etc are. It is entirely possible to have a game with very simply controls yet deep gameplay.

You don't wavedash in Melty with down plink down plink

of course a casual mobapolturd would say that

git gud assh-le

I just don't want to play your low IQ baby game, alright?

I can't seem to get it to work. I just want to take off mika's pompoms, meh. I'll have to mess with it later sadly.

get a kitchen knife and neck yourselves

Do it slower at first.

Do you really think replying to a kappa kid will change his garbage mindset? Come on bruv.

Do it during the loading screen or between rounds.

Am I alone in still being excited for MvC:I?

The visuals seem to work best when it's in motion and it's honestly very pretty, in my opinion.

The inputs getting easier, "more casualised" is always blown way out of proportion. I don't think it'll be a huge deal, considering that Capcom is after E-Sports money.

hard for who? it doesn't matter anyway, if you play an OP character and spam the same move over and over you are a scrub.

It's marvel, not SF. Ryu can shoot giant laser beams made of hadokens. He can have a 22 dp.

NRS games are not beginner friendly and they sell a shit ton. Casuals only care about single player modes, they couldn't care less about the gameplay. Sadly, making a good game with good single player modes has not occurred to any developer yet.

Is wavedash a marvel staple? I thought it was only in 3, but I don't play marvel games.

Call me a casual, but the characters are most likely going to be a make or break deal for me compared to the controls.

Also practice it with a backsway character so that you learn it properly from the get go.

The roster is too boring for me to be excited I'll have to wait for gameplay footage or fun characters.

thanks

>capcom is literally giving you ryu and chun
LMAO just LMAO

why do you fucks always assume we care if the genre is dying? why do you think we care about appealing to casuals? all we want is good fighting games that are fun at locals or with friends, streamboars like you care about esports, twitch views and other non sense. you're probably one of those /v/ posters that constantly makes threads "how do we fix [x] genre?"

no one gives a shit retard, you'll probably reply "well if the genre dies then theyll stop making fighting games", so the fuck what? we'll keep playing the ones we had, people played 3s for fucking ever before the hypebeast hopped on sf4

we'll keep playing our "dead" games in our "dead" genre while you fucks worry about twitch viewers and not being able to hit "find match" to find a game

Does a literal 16'er who can't get above Super Gold in SFV even have any business playing Injustice 2 or Tekken 7

Say what you want but I'm not believing the Ed leaks until we see gameplay or a trailer. The next character will be Iori.

How the hell do you go from this...

Are you retarded? I pointed out the draw of NRS games is the single player content.

Also, you clearly have never played any Moba or CS Go or HS. Those games have tons of depth yet they have very little SP content.

The most popular games in the world right now are all gameplay driven.

League Of Legends
Call Of Duty
Counter Strike Go
Overwatch
Hearthstone
etc

Casuals love gameplay but not if that gameplay is hard to break into. Fighting game gameplay is extremely hard to break into for casuals.

youtube.com/watch?v=fx6JTNKeI9w
it's in beaner but you get the point

play whatever you want and like fuck the rest

Give me Cyclops and I'll buy your stupid game, Capshit.

nrs games are trash and dead after a week, tekken is boring as fuck and it looks like tekken 7 has a lot of issues with lag and netcode on top of being dead too

aaaaah ok this bait then, sorry I didn't realize

injustice is made with casuals in mind, so sure, you'll be fine. Tekken, requires years of practice though, so good luck. Still, it's fun, don't fall for the memes and just try it out unless you absolutely hate losing and having to learn.

Shut your fucking mouth faggot. You don't speak for me or anyone in my scene.

Yes I want the scene to grow because 80% of the fun in fighting games is the competition. I'm not some socially retarded Veeky Forums idiot like you who is fine with being an onlineboar who sits in dead discord lobbies begging for games.

I want the genre to grow like it has the potential to

>Buying a game for a dead domestic terrorist

...to this!

CYCLOPS DID NOTHING WRONG

why are they naming it MvC:Infinite instead of MvC4 anyways?

I honestly can't even tell if you're serious or not