What be the verdict? I kinda want one. Seeing a lot of them on the road

What be the verdict? I kinda want one. Seeing a lot of them on the road

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cpLzx9Z8Puw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gay unreliable understeer pigfat

Pig fat??! What beats it in reliability? Your WRX? LOL! And if you understeer, you suck at driving.

I would say subaru is probably only a little better in reliability, but probably much easier on the wallet in maintenance.

volkswagens are designed not to be taken apart by the end user, so that means maintenance requires special tools (i.e., expensive tools) and/or special labor. Obviously getting a new one would be best as you would probably have the maintenance covered for a certain period of time, but if you wanted to modify it, it'll be expensive and of course hurt your reliability.

So, if you do want one, probably just lease it and don't modify it. That way you can at least trade it up for the new one in a few years.

I have never found anything on a VW that needs a special tool, it's all standard metric fasteners and torx nothing special or expensive in those.

Do you just regurgitate information you heard from your stupid grandpa or the internet? Literally anyone can work on a vw

t. Owned a b5 a4

If you are willing to maintain it a bit more, then that car won't let you down. Go for it.

Isn't VW absolutely fucked after the diesel thing?

I'll never purchase another VAG product.

Owned a 2006 Audi A4 once. When it was running good, it was amazing. When it wasn't, it was expensive as hell.

The parts are just so pricey, same with aftermarket. The timing belt required removing the front end. The electronics WILL shit themselves eventually, and good luck then. Check engine light always on because of one dumb reason or another.

Seriously, don't buy VAG. It'll be fun until you have to repair it.

The reports of VW being fucked up are greatly exaggerated.

Skoda is better.

>Pig fat??!
yes
>what beats it in reliability
everything lmao
>>>>hurr durr
have you ever watched rallye videos or Ring videos?
all GTIs understeer hardcore
youtube.com/watch?v=cpLzx9Z8Puw

You don't fucking race a gti you retard, it's the best overall car you can buy. That's why it's always tops any car reviews. Better interior, better ride quality, better build quality, fun to drive, has space

>shittalking the GTI with a video of the RS3

I will say this.

Friend owned a A4 Quattro.

It had a timing code problem, so we dug into it.

It's a DOHC motor. It was at this moment that I saw german fuckery. There was a timing belt, going from the crankshaft, to the exhaust cam.

Then on the back of the motor there was a timing chain linking the exhaust, and intake cam together.

What's the point? Who fucking knows. Double the service intervals?

I personally don't think VW are that *bad* of cars when they aren't circlejerking how to increase services at dealerships on the drawing board. .

I'd say go for the GTI, but do your due diligence, and research inevitably what fuckery VW decided to put into the GTI to give it a catastrophic failure at 20k miles

Former VW owner here. VW is shit. Built to last about two, maybe three years. I love how they look and love how they handle, but I will fucking buy a moped before I get another VW.

If you are dead set on buying one you better have a repair budget.

>inb4 muh electrics shit the bed
>inb4 muh CV boot is fukt

They are shit
t. larper who cannot afford one

I think that kinda shit can be said for any car made after 2005. There's just so much that can go wrong in modern cars. I personally think the gti is pretty cool

>torx
>nothing special
Thanks vw owner

All modern hot hatches are pigfat, especially the new civic. pigfat and sedan

>There was a timing belt, going from the crankshaft, to the exhaust cam.
>Then on the back of the motor there was a timing chain linking the exhaust, and intake cam together.
nigga fucking what

Well whatever kid. Ive owned several cars, old and new and my VW was the biggest piece of shit Ive owned. Just because you think it "cool" doesnt make it a better car.

Only in US. Which matters for VW very little to none. Its always Americans that multiply such little issues to a global scale.
>oh noes, MY VERY BEST automaker lied to me about some shitty number statistics that none of us cares anyway
Yet you faggots drive petrol/diesel powered vehicles instead of muh ecolectrical hybrid. World aint gonna explode, who the fuck cares about some shitty emissions. If it wouldve been so catastrophically dangerous, no one would even manufacture diesels. Swear to god, US fucked 25 years import law now it anal raped VW.

Here's a better picture in addition to I wish I could make this dumbshit up.

O yeah. Lets also talk about other classic german car problems.

Where the waterpumps use a plastic impeller. So through heat cycles, the plastic becomes more and more brittle until the flow of the water across it, causes the blades to disintegrate and fuck your block.

Or how the majority of their Turbo motors lack sufficient oil cooling, so a crystalline structure builds up on the oil pick up in the oil pan, slowly causing oil starvation.

or even better, how the solenoid that tensions the back timing chain on the cams cost $800 from the dealer and $400 from oreillys/autozone. And are notorious for going out. Even though they run off oil pressure(See Honda vtec motors from 1995 that have never had the vtec solenoid replaced which is practically identical.) So as a result, the timing chain gets sloppy, digs into the head, and causes metal flakes to go into your head, oil galleries, crankcase...

Oh yeah. And their automatic transmissions are designed to never be filled. They're sealed for a "lifetime of service"