Manual

unless you're driving a $40k+ sports car, what's the point of this?

Because freedom

Wow awesome thread OP you're totally not baiting.

First off, I wanted it. Then no authority stopped me from purchasing, or operating it. Next vehicle probly will be manual too, unless one day I stop wanting a manual.

That way CIA niggers can't autonomously take control of my car and kill me

Shit thread, do not respond after this post.

>calls them self an enthusiast
>drives auto

More reliable and cheaper to service / replace than an automatic transmission. Especially when hauling / towing heavy loads.

Because some older cars have shitty 4 speed automatic transmissions that take forever to shift.

Can confirm, currently have autotragic gen 1 crv. You have to drive it like it has a manual on the tree

I have a 7th gen civic which redlines often, I wish it had paddle shifters so getting on the freeway wouldn't be so dangerous. I know the 6th gen accords have the same issues too.

I don't like these fuckin weird shift knobs

Feels faster and fun to downshift.

I once killed an ford mondeo 4-speed auto on a strong incline. (company provided shit, I didn't get to choose)
It kept shifting back and forth to 3rd and 4th gear until it died. I kept flooring it on purpose. At least they gave me a manual of the same model

unless youre driving a shitbox from

The only way to get any enjoyment from driving a shitbox with barely enough power to get up a small hill is to shift it yourself.

The CIA niggers glow in the dark, you just gotta run them over

God told me 640x480 is the holy resolution

I honestly don't understand the hate on here for DCTs. Some people have to deal with a lot of traffic so being able to switch to automatic mode is really more convenient.

>unless you're driving a $40k+ sports car, what's the point of this?
>he doesn't drive a $40k+ sports car

why live

That man is a national treasure

terry please go and take your meds

what are you doing on Veeky Forums of all places

Do they also have colorful glowsticks and light gloves? I think I've driven by some CIA downtown.

NO THIRD PEDAL
NOT A MANUAL

To take advantage of any torque that your shitbox may have. My heavy as fuck car makes great torque around 4K-4800 rpm and nothing anywhere else In the rev range, but the auto trans model shifts at like 2300 rpm. Which makes the car really slow and the shifts take a long time to execute.

Driving memeual 7th gen civic it only redlines when I want it to

Feelsgoodman

Because I am driving one usually if its manual.

Better fuel economy in cheaper cars.

Get more use out of a small engine while killing the MPGEES

Alterantively, get more MPGEES because your cheap shit's auto option is a four speed that doesn't know how to shift.

With the newer hybrid and EREV models, there will not be any shifter needed. That is 19th century technology. Who ever loves a “manual” should use a engine hand crank, too!

Formula E cars have gearboxes

>y-y-you don't need that on public roads! who needs to accelerate that well after 60mph?! fucking boyracers!!!!!!

If the roads were meant to be like that....they'd be train tracks, and the side streets would be bicycle/scooter/pedestrian-only.

>Formula E cars have gearboxes

Paddle shift gearboxes. Also known as automatic cars.

At first I thought these threads were bait, then I bought a manual vehicle with no real horsepower. I can confirm, a manual vehicle without tons of torque is not fun or better in any way than an automatic. In fact, automatic is better in some ways in newer models.

Veeky Forums misguided me, can never trust again/10

Still a fucking gearbox you nigger

to show off

>$40k+ sports car

there are cheaper sports cars, and in any case if driving like you're in the fast and the furious is your thing, then it makes sense to get a manual...it's better to burn out, than to fade away!!!

if you just need to get from A to B, then no, it makes no fucking sense at all

uh. dcts SUCK ASS in stop and go. Shit, city cluster is horrible in a dct car.

There's a certain appeal to knowing that you're in control of your technology and that, if something does go wrong, it's your fault and you can rectify it.

Sure, expensive modern automatics are unlikely to shift at inopportune times but it can and does happen and you will get a lot more mad when you're redlining it on an entrance ramp doing 40 because your gearbox refuses to upshift or when you're doing 20 on a hill in 4th because it refuses to downshift. A manual (or semi-auto) gearbox will never have these issues and, regardless of how often errors occur relative to manual, they will stand out more because of the natural frustration when outside forces hinder you.

This. Mine has jack shit power below 3k and the auto shifts around there.

>mfw websites claiming 14s 0-60 when it feels closer to 10

Either they had a fat guy driving it, or an automatic gearbox.

From a mechanical standpoint it shares a lot of the same build properties as a manual transmission. I do agree that in a traditional sense it isn't a manual.

90s and below shitbox got better mpgs with manuals.

You can still get better mpg with a manual.

Teaches proper driving habits.

More freedom in controlling your car.

Automatics are just for lazy slobs who want to eat food and text during their morning commute. People stopped using standards because they're a more involved process.

Everyday driving is extremely boring even with manual shifting. I can't fathom how you can stay awake in an automatic car.
I've only driven automatic exactly 1x in my entire life.

But you can switch the auto into "2" or "1" mode when you need high RPM for torque?

But you can drive off a cliff and no one will miss you?

nice rebuttal bruh

Pretty much every auto has a manual mode. There really is no reason

They're a dull and confusing option for senile old ladies. They're also a more expensive exception in most places.

>manual mode

Flappy paddles are not manual. The clutch makes all the difference.

There is probably a good reason for that. I can't shift to 4th or higher if I'm going under 34 km/h, which makes sense. I can't downshift to second if going more than 100 kmh. It basically only stops retarded shifting and never upshifts for me.

A good old manual is way more reliable than these dual clutch automatics car makers are using now.

You stupid nigger. Buy a car with more horsepower next time

Fucking this. '00 EK Civic auto, 4 gears. Fuck that shit.

So I can rev up to 6k. Automatic keeps kicking me down a gear or two.

I like being that loud asshole in 1st gear with a 4cyl supercharger

T R I P S O F T R U T H

Dual clutch automatic > manual > CVT automatic > bicycle > walking > crawling > conventional / hydraulic automatic

They are less expensive, less complex, and many people prefer them. The automakers wouldn't offer them if people didn't want them dingbat.