[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

You don't need a dual sport to do this edition.

>Motorcycle Q & A
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Disgusting & Childish Motorcycle Related Cartoons
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Rating
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Hot Opinions
>Motorcycle Dating Advice

/dbt/ map:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Benchrace your buttocks:
>cycle-ergo.com

Benchrace your helmets:
>sharp.dft.gov.uk/

Benchrace in general:
>crash.net

Noob? Git gud:
Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/6207980637.html
milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/6125153726.html
chicago.craigslist.org/sox/mcy/6201131961.html
chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/6202396188.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for Texas is best state.

no

Wrong, Arizona is best state

>muh constitutional carry

If you can't melt your shoes on a parking lot on a sunny day, you're not in a real state.

Yes
Coasts for ocean view
Mountains
Hill country
Heavy woods
Open highways and plains for speeding
Not California (filthy hippies)
Not Alaska (cold and wet)
Every other state loses

noisy city scooter lmao

>about to go on another midnight ride
>around the same streets
>through the same routes
>and everything is an urban grid so there's no hope of variation
you guys say you want to live in Florida for bikes but you've never actually been here

hahahaha

no

Why are there basically no bikes with a standard rider position and decent power that aren't dual sport/ADV bikes anymore?

why is the east coast so low an all the plain/desert states so high?

WHat's so good about Alaska, exactly?

Because it's made by /out/
A bunch of NEETs who have forgotten the feel of sunshine on skin and taste of rain.

>warm weather is bad: the map

>no key
the fuck does this mean?

terrible

Faggots on /out/ try to give states "scores" on their "/out/ potential". Higher score = better state for /out/ activities, lower score = worse state. It's a pretty terrible map tbqhwy

So every 650 twin and 900 triple in a standard chassis is...what? Are you dense son? This is the best time ever for the exact bike you are fucking asking about.

It's a massive nearly untouched wilderness half the size of the continental US. It's literally /out/ heaven.

The plain states are literal 0s, those high numbers are mountain states. All the 1s on the east coast are very urban, small states. The more /out/ ish ones to the south are rated higher

Bears, not many "minorities", deep woods
That's it, everything else sucks.
Bugs that are the size of bluejays, cold and humid weather, people wandering the woods with cabin/gold fever. I had to shoot at one who pulled a gun on me and accused me of trying to jump his claim and steal his gold. The non city parts are basically a time machine that makes people insane.

There are, just not in the US.

Anything that isn't a cruiser or a sport bike might as well not be brought over because they just won't sell, Americans are that vapid.

Any standards we're lucky enough to get will be vehemently declared a """"""""naked sport"""""""" and given aggressive styling. (see: European cb500 vs. American cb500f)

I would literally suck a million dicks to have a cb1300 but I'll never even see one

what is this?

>Bears.

B-but bears are killing machines. I wouldn't think having them around is a good thing.

>people wandering the woods with cabin/gold fever. I had to shoot at one who pulled a gun on me and accused me of trying to jump his claim and steal his gold.

Well, user, you can't just say shit like this and not tell us the story.

/out/ ranked all the states based on how good they are for outdoors activities. Nobody on /out/ likes it either tho.

Good taste, user.

ah ty

Bears are awesome.

That's pretty much it.
I got really lucky and got a grizzly tag, went on a hunt, the guide warned is that's there was people in the area mining and some get a little strange when they are in the woods for months at a time. It's even worse when they have been there for years. We were riding (horseback) to the hunting area along a river and some dude was out there panning. He saw us and our rifles, he freaked out and shouted about how we weren't gonna take his gold and pulled a pistol. I had my rifle already ready and shot a couple feet in front of and to the right of him. He was splashed with some rock and dirt and dropped his gun. The guide explained that we weren't there for him and he apologized and said we were the first people he had seen in almost a year.

>650 twin
>nothing below $9,000 used within a few hundred miles of where I live
May as well not exist since I'm not taking out a loan or spending half my savings.

louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/6207980637.html
>ZRX 1100
>Willing to trade for a DRZ400
Should I? It would be a lot more expensive to get another DRZ in as good of condition as mine if I decide I wanted another one of those instead.

Buy on old sv650 then you pucci.

How about you travel a littke farther to get a bike. I went over 250 miles one way for my magna project.

Do you moroons really think it takes a dual sport to mount a curb?

takes a dual sport to mount youre mom

:^(

no

My nigga. I just rode out on Highway 87 for the first time because I only moved here last year, it was awesome. Amazing views, amazing roads. Almost ran out of gas because Im an idiot though.

Also, a ton of people pulled over to the side of the road because they're dumb and crash or break something

Fuck me up that is sexy

Because the east coast might have a few decent /out/ areas, but much of it is private property. Once you get out west there we have actual places you can go and enjoy.

How else am I going to ride to Starbucks? I always make sure I got my mosko-moto reckless 80 saddle bag loaded with food, water, fuel, camping gear, tools and spare underwear.

Fuck off and buy a striple, monster, tuono, or xsr-900 already.

There's plenty you dingus

I have a striple R that I love, but want to add to the garage. What poverty tier ADV or 4 stroke dirt bikes should I look at for a beater. They'd be used for whoolies and hooliganism on the road but also light trail riding.

>my bike doesn't exist according to you
Dang, thought I owned a motorcycle all this time.

Whatever's cheap and not Honda

Wr450.

Honda offers four sizes of in the us, and makes a "Retro" version.
Plus their bikes last forever.

If you want to cry about price, just go with the 500. UJM's were originally utility bikes anyways.

wait is your rear wheel supposed to lift off the ground when you put your bike on its center stand? cause mine doesn't do that

Fuck you. A-twin a best.

500 twin is the new worker's machine, comrade. Practical, cheap, designed for abuse. Do not listen to vapid pigdog, buy Honda.

you gufd m8

Mine did on my fz6

Chain maintenance is 50% of the point of a centerstand. Do you ride a scooter or something?

>500 twin is the new worker's machine
Its been the workers machine for over 30 years

GS500 BEST BEGINNER BIKE

>tfw unique logo
Feels Snowflake Man

My coolant has so much oil in it it has the consistency of chocolate pudding. Leaks out whenever i ride and looks like a pile of turd underneath my bike

RIP engine

post bike
late night hoonering edition

Lol, I drained the oil out to fix the problem and only got like 400ml.

Yee boi

Suzuki a shit. Just look at their riders...

>500mile oil changes and 1000 mile valve checks
No thank you

Aylmao they really are
(Except the dual sports of course)

Want to play game?

suzuki stronk

Am I the only one that has felt depressed over import laws? I've kinda fallen in love with the CB400SF Vtec Spec3 dials and overall look and I dunno why its so damn expensive/hard to import.

Anyone else feel like that before?

>Anyone else feel like that before?
Gun owner here, you have no idea.

Also Gun owner, I do man, I do.

Nah, we get all the powerful bikes where I live, don't give a fuck about some anime girls learner bike.

Ive got a question about rebuilding my motor. So I installed some new piston rings in order to fix the compression, and now have the head bolted down (without the cams in). When I turn the crankshaft over by hand, there is some resistance (I assume from the air compressing) that isnt felt when the head is mounted.

Esentially, after this resistance, there is a hissing of air escaping the cylinders. Is this normal or do i need to rebuild it again??

Sure?

Hobbyist.

>commiefornia

Anyone know how to mount a galaxy s6 on a ram x grip without it constantly pushing my volume or power buttons? Or at least somehow temporarily disabling those buttons

You put it back in your pocket, and learn to read a paper map.

>phone mounted to bike
the fuck

Being hot as fuck and going outside to try to do stuff in that head is fucking terrible. It's much easier to regulate body temperature in moderate to cold environments while doing hiking or strenuous activity than it is when its 110* fucking degrees outside.

Also, the hotter it is the more water you need to consume and thus the more water you must carry.

That said, that map has California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah all highly ranked. Literally the hottest states in the U.S.

You're a fucking idiot.

>power is the only thing that matters on a motorcycle.

I have a powerful bike and I have a 250. Guess which one is more fun day to day?

Why would you clutter your periphery on a motorcycle with unnecessary electronic bullshit, thereby burdening yourself with something that takes away from the inherent freedom and openness that riding a motorcycle provides. Additionally providing a potential distraction from your riding.

If you want to stare at your phone, go sit on the couch like a faggot.

Me? Nah my bike is my daily driver, only vehicle I own.

more night hoonering pics

I used to commute exclusivly on a powerful sportbike because that's all i knew.

Then I bought a light fun lower powered commuter bike and it opened an entire world of exploration and fun that I hadn't known and could not know being locked down with a narrowly focused and impractical "powerful bike".

Now the sportbike only sees ride time when I specifically want to take it to the twisties or go haul ass on the highway. Literally everywhere else the smaller bike is more fun despite having 1/4 the power.

The smaller bike is also significant fun on the twisties as well. Probably just as fun as my sportbike.

How am I supposed to phonepost on the go without a bike mount?

Started on the lighter/weaker end of the spectrum. Both are better for filtering. If you daily a superbike, I pity you.

I've done both and prefer lots of torque, to each their own

>he doesn't call his mom on his Sena so she can read threads and post for you.

Café WiFi, every 200 miles. Even hardware stores offer it free, in my state.

>bitch boy can't handle humidity

I bought a packtalk and hired a man in india to stay on the phone with me to read threads and post my responses. But I feel this is a little distracting which is why I want the mount.

I don't anymore thankfully. but it took a long time for me to learn that lesson and expand my horizons.

You also probably can't lane spit in your state or if you can you can't do it nearly as well as you would on a light, small, short wheelbase bike with lots of steering lock.

I always find being able to wring a bikes neck around town much more fun and enjoyable than toddling along on a powerful bike at low rpm unable to use more than a fraction of the bikes power.

Guys! I'm about to shit my pants!

Oh I can handle it. I grew up in Florida.

Question is why the fuck would anyone WANT to sit in a puddle of their own sweat and look/feel fucking disgusting?

Any DR or XR

>tfw you keep finding weird cool shit on CL even though you have no money and you're just torturing yourself

chicago.craigslist.org/sox/mcy/6201131961.html
chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/6202396188.html

Does anyone else do this?

I've been on craigslist daily since I sold my bike in April.. I won't have one for another month or 2 when I move to lex. Shit sucks.

Laid off from work right now, and I kind of want to see the country. Would it be realistic for someone without a ton of riding experience to do this? How much would it cost to get all the gear I'd need, and what would be a good bike to use? Something like a KLR650?

I filter pretty much the entire way there, it's not legal but cops don't care if you're responsible. It's a sport naked so pretty comfy and I can easily throttle out of any situation and ahead of all the cars.

>rode a dual sport for years
>bought a 600cc supersport and use it most of the time but still enjoy the dual sport
>feel like the supersport is more practical for daily use than the little dual sport
>will probably sell the supersport for a liter or higher standard or touring bike
>might sell the dual sport too since I have a dedicated dirt bike that also happens to be street legal