New car idea

drive a 1998 f150 stock. get my ass made fun of by my entire family and anyone at car shows. most of them dont speak with fists so i cant do much there. would greatly appreciate either mod ideas or new vehicle ideas. thank you

Autism

Here's an idea:
>try not caring what other faggots think about your car/truck and learn to love your shitbox OP
>t. Mustang V6 owner
It's the best advice I've gotten since I came on this shithole of a board

Stop taking your 98 F150 to car shows.
What does your family say about your oversized shitbox that's so offensive?

May as well post my question in this thread. I have a similar truck, one model year older.
>5.4 liter V8
>single overhead cam
>2 valves per cylinder
>325 lb/ft torque at 3k when it was new
The same engine was in numerous other fords, with three and even four valves per cylinder.

Basically what I wanna know is how difficult would it be to swap essentially the entire head of my engine?

Would it even be doable within reason?

What would need to be replaced in addition?

>what would need to be replaced in addition?

Your brain. Unless your planning on taking that to the drag strip don't bother with this crap no one needs another road princess truck

B-but I love my truck. I like to give her nice things.

Actually though, I do use her for "truck stuff" a lot and more power would be very welcome.

Also
>car board
>putting someone down for wanting to increase power

>325 lb/ft torque at 3k when it was new

change the throttle position sensor, then recalibrate the system into learning mode (disconnect battery and drain capacitors)

the TPS is shit attached basically to a giant aluminum heatsink for that iron 5.4
the whole top end is aluminum on that engine, the heat transfers and ruins the TPS sooner than most people know

your system will adapt to a shitty TPS. it will suck power and can even fuck up your shifting

30$ part,
make sure you dont strip the mounting screws, they are the tightest i have ever seen on any vehicle. very easy to fuck up. just remove the whole throtle body so you can get a much better access to the screws. it doesnt take long to remove the TB

also, i drop 325 on standing launch on that bitch.
must be 1500 RPM or 2k MOST

>can even fuck with your shifting
Suppose that contributes to a lot of torque converters, including mine, from these trucks needing replacing at around 150k-200k?

not sure about the 4r100 torque converter, but i know the 4r70w is fine.
the 4r100 is on all 5.4 expeditions, but not on all 5.4 f150

the 4r70w is actually more reliable

if you try and reclibrate with a bad TPS it will really fuck up your transmission. all your shifts will be hard and slamming, the more momentum you bring, the worse it gets

Put a supercharged 5.4L from the ford lightning's into this

1997-2003 engine mounts are all the same.

Idk about a v8, but I know head swaps are common with Honda's, I would imagine it's similar and I don't think it's that hard with Honda's but I could be completely wrong.

Really now? I have a 99 with a 5.4 and the thing shifts to 2nd so fucking hard, it slips the fan belt.
It also has no power at all.
I should be able to detect it with torque though right? Just see if the tps reading is linear?

>4r70w
>more reliable
[snapring groove cracking intensifies]

yes, i would really change the TPS and recalibrate first

the 2-3 upshift is a little punchy on mine, but seems like an accumulator spring or that one valve body.
but the TPS also totally controls your shifts too, i think it determines line pressure. so changing the TPS is worth it anyway

Just had a better idea. I have no need for more power in my truck. But mom is tired of having crappy cars because Dad always gets shitboxes. So here's my idea:
Keep my truck until it dies in some way that it wouldn't be worth it to repair.
If the engine itself is fine, then take it out and scrap the rest of the truck, then do that mod I mentioned before to make it big and strong.
Then, I get a decent condition early 2000s mustang with a 4.6 V8 and swap the engine with my old truck engine, put on some nice smooth shocks, lots of other additions to improve handling, braking, appearance, etc, and say "happy birthday mom!"

Good, no?

I'm doing something similar, but I'm slightly new to swapping.

Just how futile is it to try to refurbish a junkyard engine with 200,000 miles on it for a swap?

Enjoy that shitty ass C-channel frame rusting out you faggot

There's absolutely no room under the hood that gen of f150s and expeditions. I would personally kill myself before I did a head swap on a 5.4. Unless you have the means to take the body off the frame I'd just leave it be.

leave it be and passive aggressively refuse to help them with it when they ask you to help move or pull them out of stuff

It's okay to increase power if it's on a relevant vehicle increasing power on a truck that has a similar counterpart with a bigger engine is why They're putting you down over wanting to increase your power

do this
I have done this, and its hilarious

>what are you doing today
>nothing why?
>wanna help me move (thing)?
>I dont think you understand what I meant by nothing
>wha-
>im literally doing nothing, i set aside my time today to sit and do nothing
>but you like have a truck n stuff
>neat