Post the car you learned to operate manual transmission on

Post the car you learned to operate manual transmission on.

Mine was the 2009 Toyota Hilux, dad's company truck.

Suzuki SJ when I was like 12, at my friends family farm

2010 VW Golf 5speed

Replaced my 2010 corolla after a boomer pulled out without looking and I got to see firsthand the "small frontal offset" performance of the Corolla (great for me, bad for car)

It's not fast but it's got more power than my corolla did and I love driving manual, it makes me sad it's a dying tech, I never want to buy an auto again

1990 Nissan 300ZX

My first car too. I miss it sometimes.

1994 Nissan Pathfinder hard body.

1st gen

Nice that must've been a sweet car to learn on. All that low end torque

04 Honda Accord, not the one in the pic but same colors. It's still my only car.

Ford Crown Victoria

1988 isuzu p'up.

5-speed mechanical clutch with mechanical steering.

Looking back it was a chore to drive, but it sure did spoil me for my first hydraulic clutch.

Pic related but blue. 2007 Nissan Altima

Never ever learn stick on this. It has a trigger clutch and about 4 torques at idle.

me too

89 GT convertible, same color, just with the gray plaid seats instead of the white. That clutch was a bitch.

98 rodeo 4x4 my winter beater
Easiest stick i ever drove you really have to try to get it to snub out. Probably only have 1 or 2 winters left the frames getting really bad

I still own it too. It's a great starter car. Cheap to own, cheap to maintain, and good gas mileage while still being somewhat sporty.

I'll probably hand it down to my brother when he gets out of his temps so I can buy a newer car.

2017 Challenger. I learned to drive it on my way home from the dealership.

So you have at least an R/T?

1996 Toyota Curren, bought for about $1250 ameribucks at age 17.
JDM car with 3SGE Beams engine.
Was cool but the parts were hard to find and I ended up parting out.

It's a scat pack

Wife daily drives one of these, its on its 4th slave cylinder in as many years. GM for whatever reason decided to put it inside the transf case Next time its getting rolled into a quarry

Always wanted to try out one of these.

Nice.

> When americucks need a post to know when and in which did they learn manual

Eurofags do not even remember that because they did at driving school. Which is the only place to learn how to manual.

civic with the oddly placed shifter
to this day i still think it makes a lot of sense

what
i am posting my driving instructor's car

Do Yuropean teens even get licenses?
Man, I sure hate that premium transmissions are standard in my country.

Wut

OP here, I'm pretty sure americans never got the Hilux.

Besides, I started practicing at 14, enrolled in driver's ed at 18 and finished with 2 stick shift Hyundai Accents and a Chebby Spark.

So yea, that's that.

Too bad they can't buy cars because they're too expensive, kek!

My buddy's 2011 WRX, i now daily a miata and he has a talon

Im about to learn in my grandpa's 1994 nissan sentra

Give it some gas then you'll need to I imagine

They did, up until the late 80s when Mercedes Benz lobbied for the 25 year rule, thats when the tacoma took over in the us, since its produced there.

Knew about it, thought it was called simply called "Pickup" in the U.S though.

83 cabriolet/rabbit

Pontiac grand am

Cousin taught me one summer. He was proud I didn't stall out on the very first attempt. I think I was like 13/14

Later my mom tried teaching me with a ford thunderbird sc. She was going through menopause at the time and she lost her shit that I wasn't getting the hang of it. I started crying from frustration and from her yelling at me. She refused to stop trying and we were in the car for close to three hours. The police even rolled up asking if everything was ok. I remember getting home and my left foot hurt so much.

I hated that period of my life when my mom was going through menopause. My life was hell...

yeah it was called that after a certain year, it was a hilux tho

based dad got carsick teaching me

i seriously didn't appreciate this car enough

2003 Jetta TDI, it was my dad's car and the only vehicle my family had at the time I was learning to drive. I remember one night my parents (they were both in the car for some reason) took me to a local parking garage that had ridiculously steep ramps and made me practice uphill starts for hours. I was frustrated at them at the time, but now I feel really glad that they forced me to get good early. The Jetta itself was an OK car, but the smell of diesel will probably always bring on the nostalgic feels.

My first car, still have it 4 years later. Just hit 310,000km

As a modern golf driver I often wonder what those are like

That sounds comfy. My gas vw got me into cars and now I want a diesel so so so badly. My family has a few Merc and Ford diesels and I love the sound, the torque, etc. Plus one in manual must be awesome

as a Tacoma loving american I am jelly as FUCK. This truck looks DOPE.

1992 Ford F-150 with the 4.9L I6 engine.

The clutch was original, making it 40 years old at the time. I'm 6'5" and those seats don't move either.

Bad times. After that, I could drive anything.

It's a great little unit, in all the years I've had it not once has it failed on me, and for a V6 it's fairly good on fuel.

2005 BMW 330i. I would love to keep it, but it has 300k km on it and blew a head gasket a few months ago.

Not mine but it looks the same. 2000 celica GTS. it was also my first car purchase after a real job living on my own.

Who's car was it?

Its was going to be my 1st car, but it was losing compression by the time it would be passed to me

Very slow, ~65hp. It's the slowest car I've owned but I miss it so much, it was great for cruising around town in the summer and driving down by the beach. It was my first car and only cost $400. I ended up selling it because it had a pretty rusted gas tank and at the time I didnt have the mechanical experience or tools required to drop the tank + rear suspension. I didn't mind selling it at the time because the guy paid $1100.

This bad bitch but it was the 4 cylinder and beat up to hell.

Damn that looks comfy

93 miata

And I did it a month ago

Same here user. My dad was a submariner and drove a diesel truck, so he always came home absolutely reeling of diesel fuel. The smell always brings back comfy memories.

*reeking

My grandfather taught me, i took two lessons in total, the exam was the easiest shit, in sweden fyi.

My current car, 94 Miata
Got it registered in April so I'm still learning some stuff but for the most part I can drive it smoothly

It didn't go well.

Couple years later I learned for real in a Honda Element.

My dads Pajero

02 mustang GT. I now DD it. Really easy car to learn in, plenty of torque.

Customers shitboxes that get left at the garage overnight and have to be pulled into the shop at night.

TDI VW Jetta which are almost impossible to stall

And a shitbox 1st gen Audi TT thst was missing 3rd

2000something (newish at the time) Toyota Corolla in driving school. I've never driven an automatic.

'02 Germany-spec Audi TT 225 Quattro convertible.

1995 Nissan D21 hardbody.

1982 Ford EXP

s l o w

i don't know how to drive stick, thats for douchebags with shitboxes that have bolted on fart cannons.

i also drive a crossover.

its also a hyundai.

i still gap your shitty preludes too

>having a tachometer
check your privilege

So when I visit my parents I've been practicing on my mom's 94 honda civic. The thing I still struggle on is slow starts and I guess how I need to work my feet. I always end up with it stuttering a bit, but then other times it lunges.

How do I find that sweet spot? I can't switch to a manual before I learn to deal with that since I live in a traffic area.

Lift the clutch until the car starts moving without using the gas, at that point the clutch will start to bite. That's when you give it gas

My 05 350z in 2012. Still have it .

>1985 CRX Si

Bought it specifically to learn stick and how to work on cars. Passed my driver's test first try because its microscopic dimensions made parking piss easy.

I still can't believe I was going to sell it after it shit the bed when someone stole it

My dad's. Still has it under a cover in the garage, only takes it out every few months nowadays. Had a full engine rebuild about 8 years ago, and we redid the suspension and brakes last year so it runs great.