I see surprisingly little GTI on Veeky Forums

I see surprisingly little GTI on Veeky Forums.

>supremely competent chassis
>zippy TSI that can easily be modded into a monster if that's your thing
>plaid seats are comfy as fuck
>based LSD
>based DSG
>Clarkson's daily
>doesn't look like a flatbrim full of vape clouds like a FoSt or FiSt

Do I have to go on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/efFSVQMpO8k
google.ca/search?q=gti engine failure&oq=gti engine failure&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.5463j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
focusst.org/forum/focus-st-vs-competition/34049-mk7-vw-gti-lying-through-s-grill.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The RS, STI, and Evo rape it.

>zippy
>peppy
>you can make it fast with mods!
Translation: slow POS FWD shitbox

>FWD

Yawn

VAGs are made to be FiST'd. plain and simple. If you're a woman it works out, if youre a man....

No they Don't.
youtu.be/efFSVQMpO8k

>those rims

Even fucking gm makes better cars. That's quite an exploit for vw

>$30k
>fwd
>boyracerish and nerdy looking

If I wanted a fun fwd grocery getter I'd slap a turbo onto a fwd shitfox for under $10k. Yeah the 86's are way slower but at least the sky's the limit when it comes to mods unlike being held back by the fwd gti.

Lol, Ford fanbois come out of the woodwork when you mention the GTI. Most here are too poor to afford one, so they get the ST thinking it will be faster, only to find out it shifts like shit

Lol, a mk7 gti will trash a FOST, sorry, maybe next time drive something thats not an oversized cereal box toy

What do you drive? Let me guess, a Civic? LOL.. You couldn't afford 30k even for a car that you liked, stick with your slow shitbox. Also, FWD shouldnt be a problem, unless you suck ass at driving. You probably arent old enough to drive anyhow ..

what's wrong with a civic?

Besides for everything? The ONE good thing about a civic is that it will stick around longer than you ever wanted it to.

it shifts like a car that is alive. unlike the limp vagwagon that you actually cannot even hear turn on or feel revving whatsoever. Admist a resurrgence of sizzling hatchers this car is so far out of its league that I look over and laff at the everytime fucboi drivers I pass behind the wheel of these adbombinations. pathetic really. Apparently they used to be good cars which would explain the loyal customer base but if they car out with this 2017 as the first model it would be laughed off of the market.

Veeky Forums is literally cancer, the GTI will smoke most cars you see on the street, the FOST has a FEW more HP stock, but even then, the GTI shifts faster... Both stage 1? GTI wins every time, Stage 1 GTI with a good driver doesnt have any problems walking the WRX or ST...

>I see surprisingly little GTI on Veeky Forums.
There's like 5 thread's on GTI's right now.
>supremely competent chassis
"supremely competent" - quantify this or something. just sounds like buzzwords from the brochure.
>zippy TSI that can easily be modded into a monster if that's your thing
zippy, aka slow.
>based LSD
it has a limited slip diff. so does the civic si and basically every sport compact that's wrong wheel drive
>based DSG
again with this "based". DSG - sounds like it'll be expensive when it breaks. no thanks
>Clarkson's daily
as if that's a good quality for a car.
>doesn't look like a flatbrim full of vape clouds like a FoSt or FiSt
subjective, but youre right. It's definitely the most anemic looking of all the sport compacts.

It shifts like a shitbox.. Ford has ALWAYS been shit, so I cant explain why kids like you will literally chop your dick off for ford. Just because your daddy owns a FOST doesnt mean its the best car in the world. Its plastic, Its cheap, and it rides like a skateboard with a motor on it.

lel a gti is a golf (which is civic tier) with a turbo. If I put a turbo on my shitbox it'd destroy a gti, But I'm an adult, sooo.

If by anemic you mean it doesn't look like a toy? Im convinced now that there are legit like three of you FOST loving fags on Veeky Forums I see you guys in so many threads, and you say the SAME thing lol. Just know your FOST is literally a copy of the GTI, just made shittier by fat Americans.

Keep living your dream kid, Your shitbox with a turbo would make it five feet. This isnt Furious 8 lol.. The Golf is leaps and bounds ahead of a Civic, you cant even argue that.

OP, you fucked up posting GTI in Veeky Forums.. Ford fags will literally do anything to convince you that the FOST is better in every way and that the 5 more hp makes it 100x fasters than a GTI

It's already made it farther than a gti. At least the Civic is reliable.

google.ca/search?q=gti engine failure&oq=gti engine failure&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.5463j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

This thread is now dedicated to the Ford Fuckus meme wagon

What bait we have here. Tell us about your affordable hypothetical build?

Thats cool, my moms buick was around before you were born. So whats your point? The civic is literally the meme of the modern auto industry

a 26" rim is bigger than a focus

GTI is a good car, everyone hates it though because its a bit pricey. Ford sperglords are all convinced that their cars come stock with 700 HP and Lambo break discs

>walk
>rape
>stage 1
>you're poor you can't afford to finance a $30k new car
>samefagging repeatedly
Is op a 19 year old pizza delivery driver posting on facebook?

thank you

too many fucking normie high schooler shitheads on this board who gives a fuck take this carthrottle tier bullshit to facebook

But those aren't as easy to live with for someone that also values comfort unlike a bench racing faggot like you

Let’s take an unbiased comparison of the two. For 25k you can get:
Faggy plaid cloth seats in a GTI/leather Recaro racing seats in a FiST/FoST
No infotainment system whatsoever in a GTI/Voice activated and touchscreen navigation, infotainment with Apple Car play or Android Auto, Sirus radio, etc in a Ford
Unironically retarded rims on a GTI/classy 17” black rims on the Ford bash bros
Do I need to continue? No. There are only 2 (two) plausible reasons you see so many of these threads on Veeky Forums. The most logical explanation is someone who looks at cars online and has never seen let alone touched or driven both and the other is buyer’s remorse. VAGers trying to vent out their frsutrations by taking anonymous pot-shots at the Ford masterrace. There is no comparison. A hammer and nail does not have a rivalry.

Not really... 5/10 for making me reply to your shitposting

>Unbiased

Half the shit you spew is subjective, and you're picking and choosing what qualities you're comparing for

Just fuck off

Lol, one more and you guys could start a circlejerk!

Wtf? The FOST infotainment is like a toy cellphone.. Seats in Ford are made for fat walmart shoppers. ALMOST all new cars come with sirus radio sub, you fucking nimrod.

Literally smaller than a large smart phone.

who gives a fuck go drive either and pick the one that you like more and gives you a better deal

fucking autists this is facebook-tier shitposting its not even /v/-level

What do you expect from Veeky Forums? Cancer...

GTI v FoST is reaching corvette v GTR level

For freal bro. This shits getting crazy. They are so fucking similar.. Both are DECENT cars, its like. What the fuck is all the arguing about?

Doesn't help that Veeky Forums shits on anything that's not a wrx

>52
>a few

Ford fags gotta sperg.

This is how I see it: you have two guys to pick from to date. Well call the GTI, idk, Greg. He’s cute in an everyday guy-next-door kinda way. Not hot but when he dresses up right he can look like a badboy in his own respect. Your parents love Greg. He’s nice to you, and he’s reliable. He’ll be there for your kids 20 years from now.

The FoST is a different type of beast. I guess I’ll call him Tyrone. He’s pretty ugly when you first lay eyes on him but for some unkown reason you’re attracted to him. He’s nothing like Greg..he’s loud, boisterous, and while you’re parents joke around with him when you first bring him home once you turn your back they give each other that “what is he thinking??” look. No denying that Tyrone gives you one hell of a ride, but people WILL judge you when they see you out in public with him and after the initial honeymoon phase wears off eventually you’ll start noticing these glares…everywhere…and Tyrone’s appeal will start to wain.

Do the right thing, bring home Greg. You won’t regret it, but your mind will drift, even years later, imagining what could have been with Tyrone.

Sorry to burst your bubble. The GTI comes from the factory with around 245 hp at the wheel. It's been well documented that VW lies about their engines power so that they don't get taxed to hell in Europe.

Why post about the gti when there's only one good fwd hot hatch. Pic related, goat.

This thead was so bad. Was a gigantic shit tossing contest. People hate the GTI because its VW and plebs think that its 2003. They arent slow, anyone who wants to argue and look up "WOLF GTI" and then they can shove all that shit up their ass.

focusst.org/forum/focus-st-vs-competition/34049-mk7-vw-gti-lying-through-s-grill.html
STOCK gti 263 HP dyno. Suck it ford fuckboys

Another win for Germany.

>25 more hp factory than the vw/FoST
>LSD and all that shit too
>actually engaging to drive, car doesn't handle all the torque steer for you
Don't want the torque steer? RMM for 40 bucks and it's pretty much gone. I have a downpipe, cobb sri, hpfp, cobb rmm and ap3 purpledrank tune and put down 305 to the wheels.

Refer to post above your own my friend.

Speed3 still comes stock with more hp m8. 2hp is still 2hp. More torque too.

Id take a sp3 over a Fuckus, thats for sure.

Why does she need pauldrons?

Because my 2nd car is a real sportscar unlike that dressed up econobox. :^)

>Let’s take an unbiased comparison of the two. For 25k you can get:
>Faggy plaid cloth seats in a GTI/leather Recaro racing seats in a FiST/FoST

Recaro "Racing" seats that look like Power ranger outfits, no thanks. but just because their name is on it doesnt make it a racing seat.

>No infotainment system whatsoever in a GTI/Voice activated and touchscreen navigation, infotainment with Apple Car play or Android Auto, Sirus radio, etc in a Ford

Even the Base golf comes with AndroidAuto/Carplay with voice activation

>Unironically retarded rims on a GTI/classy 17” black rims on the Ford bash bros

are you kidding me? the Rims on the FOST look like shit.

>Do I need to continue? No. There are only 2 (two) plausible reasons you see so many of these threads on Veeky Forums. The most logical explanation is someone who looks at cars online and has never seen let alone touched or driven both and the other is buyer’s remorse. VAGers trying to vent out their frsutrations by taking anonymous pot-shots at the Ford masterrace. There is no comparison. A hammer and nail does not have a rivalry.

Reality is the GTI is more refined than the FOST or FiST, Drives better, comes better equipped and at least the inside of the GTI is nice. the Ford interiors look like complete garbage.

The current GTI is best, but I hear next gen is better. Should I wait?

The RS, STI, and EVO compete with the Golf R.

Holy Christ that was gay. Please do the Abarth

Ferdfags sperg the hardest

Of course, ALL German manufacturers always pick the conservative numbers because they love sandbagging the competitors and surprises them at the end.

Ford gives way better manufacturer discounts and financing deals.

Just drive both and get the one you like more instead of arguing about it over the internet, they're both great cars. I'll trade some refinement when Koppel Ford will sell me a base ST for $22,150 while Bayside VW wants $26,835 for a GTI S (VW MSRP for a GTI Sport is $27,995).

I don't personally believe the Golf is $4-5,000 better. Its a good car but its not a $5,000 better car.

My brother's '16 A3 2.0T is already getting electrical issues, lol. It has the radar/camera on the front that senses a collision and hits the brakes and tensions the seat belts, that camera/radar doesn't like hot weather apparently. Good thing its a lease.

The Abrath, well, let’s call him Finnochio. He’s a lot more like Greg than Tyrone is but still very different in his own right. He’s the life of the party when you bring him home but when he leaves your parents shoot each other a similar confused glance, however, far less concerned and actually able to imagine a positive future for the two of you. Finnochio has flair for days, he is flashy and outwardly romantic but beneath that flaymbouyant surface he’s nowhere near the rock for you that Greg is and the substance just isn’t all there. Better to not get too attached anyway because he’s only here for 1 year as an exchange student so you know this will ultimately be a temporary arraignment. He’s fun while he lasts but ultimately just a cheap and thrill and expendible. In the midst of all the headaches he causes you don’t realize that later on you’ll look back most fondly on him through rose colored glasses.

>lied about power
>lied about emissions
>lied about it being fun

Volkswagen™

It's a well-off chav car but it's always been a chav car. Although the GTD has usurped it slightly

What the fuck guys.

I'm
>But those aren't as easy to live with for someone that also values comfort unlike a bench racing faggot like you

And I agree with this

>buying anything fwd for performance
No thanks

The Mazdaspeed 3 blows it out of the water and is more reliable.

>mustang vs m3

Why ze Nazimobile when this one is cheaper and better

They don't make those anymore and the Focus ST was a better car. Hell you could argue it's the same car just the 3rd generation of it.

Veeky Forums is gay and doesn't like vag

>made shittier by fat Americans
>developed entirely in Cologne (Germany)
>built in Saarlouis (Germany) for the European market
really jogs the noggin