mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Cram in completely unbalanced civil era tech here:
mwomercs.com/civil-war

Stab your spear you filthy tribal:
mwomercs.com/javelin

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

kerlin.de/bt/artikel.php?id=61
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post yfw your not harabec getting cucked out of his module refund

Quad mechs when? I want to ride into battle inside of my pastel painted, cutely marked horse shaped mech bringing friendship to all.

Name a cooler medium mech

Hatchetman

I feel like the linebacker is just a 10 ton heavier hellhound. Maybe a bit faster due to that enormous engine.

If that was what the hellhound actually looked like, yeah.
Too bad in MWO it would come out as originally intended, a Wolverine IIC, and be generic man-bot number 92784317480

Hollander

HOLLANDER ADDED TO MWO WHEN?

So tell me, i need to know - if the PTS will be impleented as it is - the Linebacker wont even be better for poking than the Timberwolf, amirite?

>banned for 96 hours because I told an LRM shitter Atlas that was hiding to come to the frontline and actually put his armor to use

They can forget anymore preorders from me.
Everything you say in chat gets you reported.
This game has become worse than League of Legends.
You cant say anything anymore even if you are trying to coordinate the team as much as possible and prevent them from doing stupid shit the replies are 'fuck off I do what I want reported kys'.

IF mwo kept the older look instead of the retarded head their hunchy has, yes.

as it is,

Griffin is sooo much better. shadowhawk too

clan trash need not apply fucking test tube babby

Huh?

The cockpit has always been that box shaped head.

If anything, the MWO depiction is more true to canon than some of the confused old fuckboi art pieces where they thought a glowing slit in the chest meant THAT was the cockpit.

mwo makes it this tiny little thing attached at the front and top of the mech, OLD hunchy it was a chunky thing atop the barrel centre . not stuck out in front stupidly.

this change.
MWO hunchy has a fucking retarded cockpit that angles out and sticks out like a bullet magnet.

old hunch is chunky cockpit built atop the barrel

Well a-bloo-bloo-bloo to you. Alex design is more visually interesting than the original version anyway. If you're so attached to the old art, why don't you go masturbate to the pages of TRO: 3025.

the rest of the new hunchy is great, the cockpit just ruins the overall effect and looks fucking ridiculous.

I'm actually not too upset by the whole economy stuff. I got a little over 45,000 GSPs, enough to skill out 500 mechs. That's way too much really and I don't want all that, and I probably would be happier with the 2~ billion cbills, but I actually don't mind because it means I'll effectively never grind a mech again. Literally ever. In fact I can sell half my modules, come out with around 500 million and 22500~ GSPs and be set for pretty much ever on both fronts, certainly far more than enough to buy new tech for anything I want and immediately skill out those mechs. I'm getting back 100 million or thereabouts from their actual module refunds too, which is probably plenty for me to enjoy all the new tech alone.

Basically no matter what I've insured I don't need to grind ever again under this new system and that's all I really care about. The skilltree itself is a way worse situation and far more of my concern.

Yeah got repotted the other day. First time that happened to me, pretty surprised and def not gonna spend more money on this shit

>I have pick between AMS overload or Shock Absorbance
>Really makes me think.

I don't see a reason to ever take AMS quirks unless you're packing dual AMS. The "take this worthless 1.5% node to reach the nodes you want" is annoying. How do you make a path viable and not make every build always skip nodes since you want all the Speed Tweak or Radar Deprivation ones?

This pissed me off until I figured it out. They don't make it obvious either. You get a massive refund on General Skill Points for any Mech and the 91 points from a Mastered Mech.

>The skilltree itself is a way worse situation and far more of my concern.
This.

>but I actually don't mind because it means I'll effectively never grind a mech again. Literally ever.

But you will grind a mech, as you will need to grind the c-bills to purchase them.

Unless you're being maximum good goy and buying all your mechs with real cash.

And another few things: you will still need to grind the c-bills for the loadouts of the mech, and what point is there to buy a mech then instantly master it? The fun of getting a new mech is leveling it to see whether or not it performs.

You would be wasting skill points instantly mastering a robit that turns out to be a complete shitmech even with full mastery, whereas if you noticed it was a shitmech during leveling you could cut losses.

With 500~ million cbills I can buy nearly 30 Executioners. I can increase that amount if I want at the expense of getting less GSP up to 1 billion and some change. Now that I only need one mech I can be incredibly picky about buying the mechs I want to buy and both of those will last my purchases for an incredibly long time, during which I'll still be playing and gaining more money at some rate.

Loadouts aren't really a big concern with that amount of money, nevermind the amount of equipment and mechs I already own.

>You would be wasting skill points instantly mastering a robit that turns out to be a complete shitmech even with full mastery, whereas if you noticed it was a shitmech during leveling you could cut losses.
I'm not worried about this in the slightest? It's not hard to tell what mechs will be bad or good, but even beyond that I am a pretty good judge at this point whether a mech is going to appeal to me and it doesn't always mean it's got to be strong. Also I don't get any real fun out of levelling the mech, the fun for me is using it at its full capabilities and seeing what I can do with it.

It's terribly convoluted and messy, I figured it out pretty quickly but it's just awfully designed.

>I'm not worried about this in the slightest? It's not hard to tell what mechs will be bad or good, but even beyond that I am a pretty good judge at this point whether a mech is going to appeal to me and it doesn't always mean it's got to be strong. Also I don't get any real fun out of levelling the mech, the fun for me is using it at its full capabilities and seeing what I can do with it.

This didn't come across as much of an issue to me either. Unless you're buying Mechs day zero and sight unseen, you can tell how you're going to build it or you're going to simulate it using smurfy or SSW.

I want to use a Mech at it's full skilled capability but I don't see how you're going to dump C-Bills and time into a shit Mech unless you are careless. Now that doesn't apply to new players, just us Gold Men.

Only connor gets reported, are you connor?

>I'm actually not too upset by the whole economy stuff.
lol

>The fun of getting a new mech is leveling it to see whether or not it performs.
I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

>how do you want your skill tree senpai?

just fuck me up with coupons, senpai.

Objectively wrong, clancuck

I don't think it's that bad, coming from a guy who hates redesigns usually most of the MWO redesigns weren't too bad. As seen from this pic the Hunchie always was a real blockhead.

The only redesign I actually hate is the Blackjack's

The redesigns that I primarily dislike are the ones that are flanderized like the Centurion and the ones that have silly hands for no reason instead of good old human ones. Even if I still love my shitmechs they just aren't what they could be. Let mechs keep their unique traits instead of splattering it around.

Also don't like it when traditionally rounded mechs became square like the Battlemaster; the official Catalyst one is a lightyear ahead and I wish we could switch models. Hell, let them be different models for different variants, with the lower technology ones using the blockier model.

Designs that came later into the game's life cycle are generally much better.

>liking tt cent over mwo redisgn

holy shit mcfucking kill yourself unironically pretty pls

The official catalyst one was designed by Alex, or flyingdebris. Same guy that does the MWO designs.

However, the MWO version of the battlemaster was made before the whole "Harmony Gold no longer going to sick their pet niggers at you while rubbing their jewish hands together" debacle that enabled PGI to make the former unseen Rifleman, Warhammer, Marauder and Archer 'mechs to look at least similar to the classic deisgns. The catalyst tabletop redesign was done last year, after it was confirmed they wouldn't get bogged down by jewry.

I can't say Old Cent was that much better of a design.

I just wish the new cent didn't have massive legs , though that's more of a gameplay issue than design.

THE MWO CENTURION LOOKS LIKE A FUCKING CLOWN GET GASSED FAGGOT

The MWO Centurion is beautiful, why are you being such a mechist? I bet you hate on lrms too, hating on lrms is racist, babycakes said so.

GAS YOURSELF WORTHLESS SHITSTAIN LRM FAGGOT COCKEATING BALLSUCKER

Go into a private lobby to sort this out, you fucking surats. We are here to talk about good, handsome robutts, like the Panther.

Why all the hate you, you, you, weapon elitist! You're shameful, I need to go to a safe space now thanks to you. LRMs are beautiful weapons, don't hate on them, they have a place just like everything else.

LBX10 or AC10 on my Cent D?

>good, handsome robutts,
>like the Panther.
I just wish the camera lenses on top of the head canopy weren't so bright, and that the cockpit glass plates were the same color as all the other mechs. The cyan cockpit is actually easier to spot than normal cockpit glass during night, fog etc.

The head of the panther looks like someone who is severely constipated but just passed the foulest smelling gas ever.

All the best things in life start with AC

Always trust in the autocannon.

Lmao gb2 /btg/ with your nostalgia goggles you fucking grog, tt cent looks like a clown more than anything ever.

Neck yourself pronto.

Battletech general is less autistic about redesigns than /gerg/.

I mean they're regularly doing visual redesigns of their own.

That's a fucking lightmech you cheater.

Also you know this pic is still true.

>I mean they're regularly doing visual redesigns of their own.
*GONCERN*

LRMS ARE FUCKING BOTTOM OF THE TIER 5 BARREL TRASH AND SO ARE YOU GAS YOURSELF

awww, sweety. you don't know that IS x2 lrm 10+a = ranged ac 20

xD

Fuck range melee when

Hopefully never, it's a bad meme tbqh.

>yfw melee gets in

>yfw it gets nerfed into whiffle bat staus because REEE REE-ing from goose pepsi shitters and buttramming lights

To be fair, some of the older designs are utterly nonsensical and disgusting.

The couple of artists that regularly post on there do nice enough work making the redesigns pay homage to the originals without falling into the same hole of "what in the absolute fuck is that."

say that to my archers battlesfists x2 and LEG kicks

>To be fair, some of the older designs are utterly nonsensical and disgusting.
They are, no doubt about that.

I just thought that those redesigns are done by your common yiffing horseloving deviantard and totally forgot that plog and flyingdebris sometimes post there.

>mental image of that assravaged adder
always kek

adder?

>Bishop Steiner is still tier 2

LAMAO

Literally how fucking shit do you have to be to play this game since PSR was introduced and still not be tier 1.
I got tier 1 in a month playing less than 10 games a day.
How brain damaged can he possibly fucking be?

I'll go with 'What are things that only have happened in my mind.' for 300, Alex.

Yeah, there's a miniature recreation of that scene.

It has an Adder with a huge atlas sized fist hole in it's ass right below warcucks feet.

Plog doesn't post there, his works are posted by a couple of the folks doing a /btg/ non-canon TRO.

Flyingdebris hasn't posted there since he was gobbled up by the pig.

I'm talking about the new guys who revamp old designs like this guys work.

Incursion is so fucking stupid.

Attack the base and get 350k cbills while doing less than 30 damage to the enemy team.

Meanwhile I hope you have a buddy to take care of the 15 aimbot turrets in their base.

Ah, alrighty. I wonder why they used an Adder for the diorama rather than a Warhawk.

The brutal punch diorama.
kerlin.de/bt/artikel.php?id=61

That's pretty good.

Clint.

40tons and jumpy, It can be a more better Cicada. Also it is named after Clint Eastwood.

Oh so like the assass tried but ultimately failed because the cicadas are carried on quirks.

can assman do 2xAC2?

CLNT-2-4T does it with introtech

ASN-26 can bring 2 AC2s easy. But why would you when BJ-1 exists?

*blocks your path*

Run around it in a Locust 3M, kill it while it can't figure out which way to turn to get a shot off at me.

ded assault, works every time.

>not expanding its butthole with a pirate's bane
pleb

IT'S NOT FAIR

REEEEEEEEEEEE

why did you feel the need to post fanfiction

Nice

What's so good about it?

Hatamoto-Chi and -Hi when?

>not getting the joke

wew

Laotamoto-Hu when?

QuadHuaLo when?

How will Molasses Farts ever recover?
>skill tree raped all his worked mechs

what are you talking about? the skilltree turns the treb into a heavy mech

>be in atlas with 100+ side torso armor
>round corner
>side torso literally cored out in under a second from laser vomit

this game is fucking stupid.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm an assault mech, I should be invulnerable to everything! Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

whats the point of being an assault mech when medium and heavy mechs do more damage than i do?

lrn2twist

more importantly learn not to run into where the entire enemy team is aiming

implying torso twisting does anything anymore when every mech has laser duration quirks

being a damage sponge so that your lil ones don't get focused

>being a damage sponge

do i get score/cbills for that?

u dont get score/cbills for being a lil bitch yet here u are lmao

me me me me me me me me me me me
It's a team game.
try being a team player.
sounds like you should go play a solo game.

Ahaha rekt

Bushwacker

>literally an attack helicopter with legs
>extreme pinpoint convergence on high mounted ballistics
>zombie laser hardpoint
>weapon hardpoints tacked on all over tacticool style
>sleek front profile allowing for good flanking and poking
>will become an MRM champ with extremely high mounted missile pod once the new weapons are released

So when is rockstar going to release the new update? next tuesday.

KONG clique needs to die and free /mwog/