New Audi A8

Your front doesn't include recognizable grille. Your front IS the grille.

What's with VAG's obsession with MASSIVE FUCKING GRILLES nowadays?

And the rear got Lincoln'ed

That grill totally distorts the scale I would have believed that was an A4 size vehicle if you had told me.

>1997
>elegant, minmalistic design
>2017
>WAAAAAHHH I'M GONNA EAT U ALL

Totally fucking disgusting
Audi has been creating the ugliest trends in automotive design for years.

I like slim grilles where the headlights blend in seamlessly to create the illusion of width.

Looks like a Passat

Almost, it's a Phideon.

Base models are FWD, of course.

nvm the passat looks better

What's this car? Never heard of it

A Phaeton successor mainly developed for China.

It's still a FWD based AWD system.

The Rear

Looks like a stretched up A6. The rear sort of resembles a Bentley Continental Flying Spur.

Large intercooler behind radiator needs air

Stationary rear shot.

Because that's Audi's "AWD" system. That's what they've been doing forever.

You had no reason to assume it wouldn't be an understeermachine, since (barring the R8) that's all Audi makes.

Full Interior

Yes, I'm well aware of the fact that Audi has been doing it since A8's launch.

I also didn't assume anything. For once I had hoped they'd give a RWD based AWD system like it's competitors.

VAG always disappoints.

Yep :(

THE A8L

I like how the interior looks, though I question the wisdom of having a touchscreen for climate control.

The upcoming Bentley Continental will have a rear-biased AWD system if I'm not mistaken. Probably all the Porsche-designed platforms will get the sportier stuff while Audi has to deal with the typical VAG understeer.

Sweet $17k Elantra bro

>multiple touch screens
why is this a thing now

>yfw even the fucking koreans make better luxury cars than VAG

L E L
E
L

>GERMAN YUROPOOR ENGINEERING AND STYLING FOLKS

Honestly here, if you were to photoshop the hyundai badge with an Audi badge then put a "quattro" or someshit to replace the Elantra's red mark on the right side of the grill, you could probably fool me by saying it is the new entry-level Audi, the Audi A2.

Funnily enough the silhouette of the old A2 is pretty similar to the Elantra Sport.
Only more squished, and slightly derpy.

dated, bland design you mean

>not liking the D2

I don't know, but I would rather have one big touch screen for everything like in the Model 3.

That looks comfy.

The current head of designer at Kia/Hyundai was a former Audi/VW designer.

fugly pos

These still look great, I am very tempted to pick a £2k one up, there are loads about and parts are pretty cheap

topkek

>The upcoming Bentley Continental will have a rear-biased AWD system if I'm not mistaken
the b7 rs4 had a rear-biased awd system. the split was 40/60

kek

Audi has lost their touch these last few models. It's a shame, they were light-years ahead of the competition design wise for the last few years and even further back.

Sheeeit nigga

You know you fuckd up when VW looks better than audi

Have fun opening the hood, bro.

It's not even just that, it literally looks more upscale.

>Very expensive way to buy a Skoda Superb.

fugg nice

say no more

see :^)

>tfw audi makes chevy ads about econo shitboxes being confused for german luxury come true

>Touches hard plastic
>Skin dissolves upon contact with toxic chinese chemicals seeping from door panel
"Wow, is this a BMW?"

I mean, I agree with you, but I don't realistically except any company that wants to make money to try to go back to designs like this when the people that buy new A8s are tasteless boomers...

what the fuck. is that a 'rolla? thats so wrong

fuck

It's called the Future, doofus.

We need to go bigger.

this
most audis are generic as fuck
you want a timeless design? E38

>Audi has lost their touch these last few models
they never had it
>It's a shame, they were light-years ahead of the competition design wise for the last few years and even further back
>this delusion
top kek

I remember thinking this looked ugly compared to the G80. Now it legitimately looks nice compared to the new A8. What a fucking world.