70% of salary goes to paying rent if I live close to work

>70% of salary goes to paying rent if I live close to work
>if I live somewhere cheaper and far away, then 40% of salary goes to rent but then 30% goes in travel expenses...
>tfw still end up paying 70%

theres no escape from the capitalist jew is there Veeky Forums?

I work from home.

How do I work from home?

business deals by carrier pigeon

well nobody demanded you work in the city

>implying there are any jobs outside the city

Nycfag here

I feel your pain. I've actually been living out of my car for the past year or so, showering/grooming at the gym and managed to save close to $100k

have you gotten warts, fungus, or any other infections from using public facilities?

MMM would say to live closer and bike to work

>live with parents close to work
HEH

how is london?

disgusting

get a roommate. btw you need a car either way idk how gas can be 40% of ur income unless you live like 500 miles away

Nope

Lrn2hygiene faggot

>what are tolls?

>Tolls
>40% of income
Well maybe you shouldn't flip burgers for a living then.

how does this even work unless you have a 70's style shaggin wagon big enough to be a portable room? you certainly couldn't do this in a civic...or could you? what does "living there" entail?

>2017
>not paramotoring to your office from your rural homestead

Honestly just sleeping in the car at night. It doesn't have to be anything special.

How /hourcommute/ each way here?

>Lrn2hygiene
Says the guy who showers where hobos jerk off

Why so triggered, friend?

>tfw you realize wages are proportional to cost of living and you're no better off making 100k/year in the city than you are making 18k/year in bumfuck nowhere

>He doesn't trade from a sailboat having his adress in a tax paradise.

Except that after working in the city for a while you can live like a king in Bumfuck, but vice versa that's not possible.

My nigger. I'm in a mid-size city famous for recent rent hikes. Started vandwelling, saving 600 a month even after the additional expenses of car insurance, repairs, gym membership, eating out instead of cooking, etc. And that was cheap rent with a roommate. Most niggers here spend 1800 a month on rent. What shmucks.

Tried this method first, but you don't get around the expensive rent.

There are people who live in their prius. Stop being a materialist.

Can I equip a cannon to the sailboat? Does it get wi-fi?

1) Come up with a solution to your problem
2) Turn it in to a business idea
3) Market the fuck out of it
4) ???????
5) PROFIT

Yeah sometimes I think about how cheap it would be to live in a van with a mattress

Kinda uncomfortable though

Where do you usually park? During day when at work?

There's a parking lot shared by my gym and a whole bunch of other shops. They claim to tow but never do, so I've been parked there for a little over a year.

It's a great spot, right next to the subway, so I work out early in the morning, shower, dress, throw my gym bag in the car, and take the train to work (~30min commute)

Swallow your pride and share a room with someone in the city to split rent. Just don't get anything fancy. You only need a single small room to make this work. Don't buy anything unnecessary. You need a bed, place to keep food, and water/bathroom/shower. Not much else. Keep all your valuables on you, like smartphone and don't have anything else worth stealing.

Nice, nice

I'm considering getting a bigger van, only because I have more clothes now, and would love to hack together a workspace for times when everything else is closed. It would also be nice to be able to lay completely flat to sleep.

There are a lot of good, used vans that are going for $1-2k right now.

kek

>but then 30% goes in travel expenses

Minimum wage fag detected. Abort thread!

>Not working for a company that gives you cheap or reduced price public transit

reduce expenses by living in a van. No rent. Little travel. Both problems solved.

Do stuff for neighbors for money.

Get a life m8

>lulz get a lyfe broski XDD

A meaningless idiom.

Who in their right mind would choose to spend 50% of their income on rent if they could live with their family in close proximity to work?

People who dont want to be leeches and who dont like being viewed as pathetic wastes of space. I bet youre a real hit with the ladies m8
>hurr durr i dont care about girls or what people think or having privacy or independence or a sense of accomplishment thats all useless to me
Ya its easier to feign apathy than to try

>caring about what people think instead of doing what's in your own best interests

Beta as fuck.

>implying having a high social status isnt in your best interest for multiple reasons
Pretending not to care is a meme made by the beta aho would rather not try at all than risk failing. Humans are social creatures. Deny it all you want but ill be pulling girls while you jerk it to anime in your moms basement

You're just a loser who cares more about the opinions of his peers than his own financial intersts. I know your type. Destined for a life of mediocrity and keeping up with the Jones'.

By the way, I don't live with my parents either. They bought my an apartment in the city so that I don't have to pay rent. It must suck being a poorfag.

lul wut, you know nothing about women, if they want it its gonna happen doesnt matter if its a 5* hotel or your run down civic. You've basically caved in to what the tv is selling you and are throwing your money to the wind (to encirch certain segments of the population). Sad!

>women dont care about money
Lol

This.
Its like a guy driving a 328 with a burned out light that he can't replace, not fooling anyone lol. Putting up appearances lol

They care more about looks.

I've seen women cuck their investment banker boyfriends with the bartender because he's 6'3, good looking and charming.

I guess a loser like you has to pay girls though...

i don't understand the problem. if you want more money, ask for a higher wage. if you can't afford to keep that job, don't. clearly you're one of those mindless drones that only lives to work, fuck off with your "concern"

>moving out of your moms basement is putting up appearances
Wew lad

They just care about immediate gratification. Big dick? Come on in. Gonna buy me
Something? Come on it.

lol speaking of my bulb did go out on my 328. Didnt have time to replace it so had to drive with it for a few days, felt like a complete plub with a broken blub.

Good point but remember who they go back to.

If you're throwing away 50% of your earnings, then it is. I'm not even in my mom basement dummy, I just see through the idiocy of wasting your money when you can invest it, start an amazon business, improve yourself, do a fton of more productive things with it.

Money helps. Especially if they're looking to settle down. But do you honestly want to be a beta provider?

A girl who's into you because of your money is only going to stick around as long as the money keeps flowing and, most likely, will not be faithful to you.

This guy gets it.

Unfortunately the other user is a lost cause. He lives his entire life for others in an attempt to impress his peers. Probably very insecure.