What is your MBTI and what do you enjoy most about cars?

What is your MBTI and what do you enjoy most about cars?

ISTP, here; I enjoy driving fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=C86086838FF19068D098ACC905529947
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=9AD1AC6444162A8A1EE47D5CC8C080A8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Explain the jungian functional stack, what it means and it's relationship with lifespan development in detail or fuck off. None of the tests come remotely close to being valid anyway.

I have mixed feelings about these things, but I've always tested as an ISTP.

INFP; I enjoy cars from the 80s and 90s, where the QUIRKS AND FEATURES were really unique.

ENTP
The lines in a well styled car (and driving fast).
I have an Italian car, and am probably biased in favor of Pininfarina.

What results did you get?

ENTJ

I repair them, they are art.

They change with the weather. The problem isn't the test so much as how self reporting is fucking worthless trash for fags who don't know dogshit about survey design. You'd get better results asking your friends and family to score you and doing a meta-analysis and even then it depends on internal factors and a dried up Austrian cunt with more degrees and job experience than anyone on this whole board could muster to get an actual reading. I'm a goddamn mystic and I'm telling you this shit is a crock of fuck that is entirely misunderstood and misused. It was made by a fucking florist and "I want to be a florist" is one of the two top indicators for schizophrenia on the MBTI.

>t. INTJ statistician with a background in psychology and cognitive neuroscience

Whether or not you are going to reply to the former post, I'll tell you right away that the MBTI personality test is no more accurate than the IQ test, but I do find a lot of similarities with the type I got more than the 15 other personality types, based on the forums I've checked out, but it doesn't mean I'm strictly that type and share similar traits with a couple other personalities...

But I figured you were INTJ.

INTP, I enjoy the fact that I don't need to use them

Or an enfp, who the fuck knows. Seriously, can you explain the functional stack and how it relates to MBTI nomenclature? You can't or you would have.

[Furious googling intensifies]

You do know what each one stands for, right?

E/I = Extraversion vs Introversion
N/S = iNtuitive vs Sensor
T/F = Thinking vs Feeling
P/J = Perceiving vs Judging

It's how you deal with people and the world, how you deal with problems and how you approach it.

>In psychology and neuroscience
>Claims to be logical, mastermind type

You're making fun of pseudoscience by saying that you are educated in pseudoscience.

So which one is the leading factor in any given jumble of letters? How do they relate? What do introversion and extraversion mean in the jungian sense?

>cog neuro
>pseudoscience
Filtered.

The first one, E and I, determines whether you're extroverted or introverted.

If socializing with people gives you more energy and being away from social activity drains you, you're probably an extrovert; if talking to people drains you and you feel better when you're playing video games, reading, working on something - anything that you can do alone, then you're probably an introvert.

There's nothing on the MBTI about being an ambivert.

Wrong.

I'm not going to explain anything further if you're going to fight me along the way.

I'm just posting what I understand.

Go read Types of Personality and get back with me. MBTI is trash and you should at least see what it came from and how it was intended to be used.

You wanted me to explain what each stack meant.

Watch your grammar; it's "where," not "what."

You should kill yourself for believing in garbage and getting all your information secondhand.

You need to be more specific on Types of Personality; I'm just seeing MBTI related content.

I believe it's this one and Types is the subsection about 600 pages in, but I'm drunk and it's been a while.
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=C86086838FF19068D098ACC905529947

INTJ, I prefer cars focused on handling. Straight line is boring as fuck and I hate that that's all that my fellow burgerlards give a shit about.

>600 pages
>there's only 207

Perhaps you should sober up before posting the correct book or is it chapter 7, The Development of Personality?

It's this one. Good read. Mystic as fuck.

libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=9AD1AC6444162A8A1EE47D5CC8C080A8

All neuroscience is total bullshit at this point.

We know the chemicals involved, but how it all goes together and what it all means to human cognition is all bullshit hypotheses at this juncture in time.

INFJ

I like how they go vroom vroom.

Chapter 6?

INFJ

Build quality and flashiness

Seems like MBTI would translate this to an ISTP, but I could be missing the point.

INTJ
I love working on engines and driving fast.

I am.

Just from reading the last couple of pages, I take it that the MBTI took this entire personality thesis out of context.

Just like the people who made The Bible.

I guess I'll explain my love of cars as "an ISTP."

I've always been into how shit works, and how to hack systems and make them better. I've also always been addicted to cheap, dangerous thrills and solo sports. I've been programming computers since age 11, I took apart and put back together a go-kart (including the flathead engine) at age 13. I started drag racing the week I turned 16. By 17 I was already pursuing a mechanical engineering degree and working as a machinist in a factory and on my school's FSAE team.

I don't give a fuck about rules unless I'm hurting someone or infringing upon their space. I am a 13-year amphetamine addict and 7-year opiate addict, but I know enough about biology and drug metabolism that I'm very healthy to this day (I also get a rush participating in the drug trade). I had an STi that I datalogged and tuned myself as a teenager, and had been over 170mph plenty of times by age 20. Then I got my current miata in '08 and learned the magic of RWD+LSD. I started slow, but nowadays I can drift exactly like I plan to around whatever corner. I can drift through an intersection and hit a particular lane precisely - this kind of rush is what I live for - the ability to use a machine that I modified/restored to narrowly escape death/prison over and over and over again.

Somehow I'm still here and have never been in an accident, despite driving 150+ or drifting while on 3-6 drugs at one time. It makes me feel like a superhuman, and no one in my IRL life has to know about it.

I also love the physicality of it, using senses and perception to make the car a motorized extension of my mind.

>autistic screeching

No idea because I don't indulge in pop psych retardation. Fuck Briggs Meyers.

I got bored of reading.

Some people don't see the point in the MBTI because they take it too literally.

I believe the MBTI is used just to get an ~idea~ of what kind of person you are; there are detailed pages for each type and you look at the one that describes you the most; if that doesn't satisfy you enough, check out the forums discussing each type.

The MBTI is flawed and shouldn't be taken any more seriously than any online quiz.

If you want to know what kind of an asshole you really are, see a professional psychiatrist.

ENTP
I love the styling and the engineering of a vehicle.
I also love learning new techniques when driving or doing repair maintenance and improvement of my car.

>tfw intj
it really shows, LOL

INTP/INTJ

i like when they go fast

enfp
driving like a madman and hanging with fellow car people

INTP here. I mostly enjoy the car for the technology they have and occasionally enjoying putting the right foot down. I like cars that have clean lines and relaxing environment that supports driver. I used to drive Citroen's with hydropneumatic suspension, but now I have a AWD Volvo S80.

>Non INTP/J in my board

Fuck off normals

ISTP, I enjoy driving high risk because I know I'm good enough not to fuck up when completely focused
intjs are literal retards who think their horrible understanding of the world is the greatest thing since sliced bread, kys pseudo-intellectual

Any IxTx fits in here.

INTP.

I like driving recklessly for the adrenaline... It's the only thing that breaks up the stretches of feeling nothing at all.

INTJ here also, I can't stand benchracers and muh 0-60/100 or 1/4 mile timers, why don't you show me a real race that a bro-truck can't dominate in

Same. I used to go to drag races on weekends and it got boring in a month. It was basically a competition of who had more disposable income and/or poorer financial management.

ENTJ
I like to pretend that I'm always on a track and drive as fast as possible with good turning lines. Also love breaking quickly as smooth as possible. Friends and family find it weird I get around town so quickly.

>ENTP
>styling
>ENTP
>styling

Maybe there is something to this shit.

>I

Smooth shifting and braking, accurate handling, and lively noises.

INFP
I like twisties and driftan