/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Adequately Engineered Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Garry's Mod
>GearBlocks
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1U3YKnuMS7g
youtube.com/watch?v=kkSg02t4IDw&index=1&list=PLvVMj5_TSMBUA8QwBFIuf7Zz-U3NVK6xN
store.steampowered.com/app/474890/Uncrewed/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for some reason

Second for skywanderers will never be good, just like all games were never good

Bideo james wer a misdage

fourth for mengies > spengies
and it's one of the very few with structural integrity

5th for /egg/ tv series

youtube.com/watch?v=1U3YKnuMS7g

6th for crisis-mode engineering

>Swedish Chef teaming up with Siamese Networks to digitally reconstruct your pp from a photograph

Not on my watch

>with science advisor Greg Egan

OH SHIP WASSUP?
HERE COMES REMSHILL

tanks

Tanks?

>remshill
Never touched it, I just know you're a dumb faggot and probably a physician for not considering a game with structural and design mechanics like REM "not engineering" and considers a shitty base builder as otherwise.

Please, point me where i allegedly defended astrodeed

>rem isn't engineering
>but astronerd is base building and exploration as if it is more qualified to be engineering

Again, where did i say that?

You're assuming I'm a REM shill, so I'm assuming you're a physician.

I'm also not that user and was gonna do this.

stop being an argumentative nigger for no reason

If you mean then i did not write that.
I only wrote the "oh ship wassup" post

Oh. My bad bro.

stop being an argumentative nigger for no reason

I guess Starcraft is an engineering game because it has base building and exploring [the fog of war]

[REM shilling intensifies]

I don't know what REM is. Like REM sleep?

gtfo physician
astroneed is not and never will be /egg/

>calling me argumentative while this faggots going on
Go fuck yourself, bud.

Were you molested by the devs of REM or something?
The current implimentation of combat buggery and physics magic lends itself to more engineering than many games, it just needs variety and a reason to tism.

it's a physician or /svg/fag trying to annoy us again

>when you realize how fucking retarded your factory is but you don't want to start again or re do everything.

you have to embrace the spahgetti

>/svg/fag
Fuck i realize only now the OP doesn't have it in the "not /egg/" section

someone should update the OPpasta to have both /hsg/ and /svg/

Shadowverse general
Shadowverse general
Shadowverse general

/hsg/ are just as cunty, it might be them, though I don't think it is.
The faggot with a hateboner for REM has been here for a long while.

yea, but he did show at least some parts of a functioning brain before

Why not put every single general in there?
Or even better!
>/gg/ general general thread
Just to fuck with the search function

>impying it's beyond us to do that
wew, user, you really are a tier P physician

We done did that before

It's too bad I'm starting again

i'm that newfag from yesterday

>all the generals
That happened during the golden age of FtD and /egg/heim when /hsg/ demanded ftd's website be removed.
>/egg/heim will never be finished and ftd will never get a non-cheese campaign

Point me to the fucking archives i have to witness that stat!

>Freejam announces new Robocraft part
>players are excited
>its revealed today
>its a retarded huge radar dish that grants wallhacks for your team whenever its activated, and then has a cooldown before it can be used again

>called "The Windowmaker"

Requesting Factorio 0.15.3 supply drop.

>original idea, do not steal

Dude that's like level 2 spaghetti at best.
Keep going. See how deep the olive garden goes.

My oil field has to defend from an endless xeno onslaught.

try the campaign with 2 islands, can't remember the name of the challenge, but it teaches you to be spaghetti

now add a roboport with 50 constr. droniets and a stream of repair packs and you are good

What is this monstrosity? It's beautiful.

The timing chain setup of an Audi S4
It's not very fun to service

youtube.com/watch?v=kkSg02t4IDw&index=1&list=PLvVMj5_TSMBUA8QwBFIuf7Zz-U3NVK6xN

You know, I wouldn't mind RTS engineering
Like, before battle, you ready up your "deck"
But it's not a deck, it's a tactics library containing squads made by combinations of units, and the squad is a state machine that answers to your keybinds, so pressing a button places firebats on the front and makes the whole squad hold while medics patrol from behind, stuff like that

But you don't have preset units, instead you've gotta engineer what the hulls are made of, how much traction you want to give that tank and what weapons that marine should carry around, but both the extra equipment and the training for carrying that extra equipment make him cost more and slow down, shit like that, so the units you've designed are also part of the deck

Throw in some factorio and optimizing on the buildings too
And because all this can mean gaining the upper hand in battle there'd be some way to try to spy on other players and steal their decks' "cards", so players have to decide which cards they actually want to take to battle and risk getting stolen and save aces for crucial battles, because of course there'd be a multiplayer "campaign", with a world map and many battle maps, and the maps you control you can actually try to fortify, fomenting scouting and intel gathering

damn I love being an idea guy

wow someone should hire you

> Tactical equipment options in a RTS
Wow someone should fire you

I know rite?
but seriously I'd love to see an RTS where you can design your army and it's moves beforehand

I also thought of that but not as in-depth
Take the build-your-stuff system from Chromehounds (with some extra liberties like the possibility of using multiple movement chassis for redundance/extra capacity) and some AI design to allow the units to act independently.
Then add a communication layer to the strategy, you can give order to units only if they are in your comm network range and properly equipped units/structures can give orders to nearby units or even act as a relay
This way you could have a bunch of dumb units being led by a "officer" even if they all are outside your communication range (because they are following the officer's orders)

Fuck, /agdgxegg/ to make it real when?

Trying to do a speedrun with no solid plan and limited experience was a mistake.

RTS engineering?
store.steampowered.com/app/474890/Uncrewed/
Some people here tried it, it didn't seem to take off

>tfw you poor your life into a niche game with niche elements and it doesn't take off
feels bad man

>Electric bill is through the roof
>See this.
Gotta love when they just never give up.

To be fair the claustrophobic fov doesn't help

fucking belts man

Uncrewed is pretty nice since it's a fairly polished take on RTS, where you build your units as if it's robocraft.

It's kind of shit because you build your units as if it's robocraft and there's no real room for creative freedom when the slightest weight imbalance on your worker means you're collecting 5% less resources/minute. If people actually played the game, the "metagame" would instantly crystallize, everyone would use the same unit designs and at that point you might as well play starcraft instead.

Out of all designs and projects you've made and experimented, which one made you the proudest? Which one threw you off the chair laughing? And which one made you mad beyond mad?

c-can i have a quick rundown

Tenks.

that's a sushi, I disapprove.
if he workes harder he can make his dream come true, but so far the game has too many downsides to succeed. on top he has to market it better, which again is just him doing some work about it
>fairly polished
you wot?
tunks?
SPESS MEHREENS! WE ARE THE SPESS MEHREENS!
long long time ago, few hundrets ancient shamen did conclude their reincarnation cycles should stop, because they forsaw the terrible future of earth. they all gathered and reincarnated together to create the perfect two specimen, who would be the twin emperors of mankind about 30 thousand years later. for now they lay low and bid their time
you probably have bogdabots in your bloodstream right now

Fairly polished as in not a festering pile of garbage, as in, it actually sort of plays like an RTS and has all the basic functionality you'd expect and runs pretty smooth

why do people quote 50 posts, it looks fucking dumb

Not him, but it would take upwards of five minutes to make that many individual replies. I think at lease putting a space between them is the civil thing to do, though.

Agree, I dun goofed.

>loops

>speedrun
You should pin the achievement you're going for (the 8 hr or 15 hr one) so that when you post screenshots, we can see how much time you have left.

I too want a proper Warzone 2100 sequel.

Is Factorio as hard to get into as it looks? I don't have the patience for thinks like Dorf, barely have patience for casual stuff like rimworld.

It builds up gently enough, but there is a hump at mid game. Just go for it and embrace the spaghetti.

in 1-2hours you can understand everything, play the campaign up to the point you create the car, then just join serb or go freeplay

There are tutorial-ish campaigns you can do.
Between the relative easiness of Rimworld and
well, Dorf, Factorio sits somewhere in the middle of the two.

There is a free demo too.

Is that what I think it is?

>2x4 technology.jpg

Hi where are the Trens?

Did you just ask for tanks???? Was what you just said asking for tanks in REM?

MODS HELP THIS GUY IS ASKING FOR REM TANKS

Nah, it's incredibly simple at the core and besides space usage and maybe xeno rape if you aren't purging them like you should, there aren't any punishments for fucking up.

It's a comfy autism game that causes strange moods.

Tynks?

you're now aware how few vowels english has

How many would you suggest it needs?

No I ask for trens.
Does REM have trens?

As many as consonants for autism's sake

>you will never be tren conductor during the time when steam trens were the lifeblood of america

"80-year old engineer from Hämeenlinna developed a fully automatic rifle from an electric drill, capable of firing .22 caliber rounds at 420 rounds per minute."

>these engines are too loud
>my oxygen is low
>im hungry
>i wish I was on Omricon fighting arachnids

Now that I know what it says it's even more hilarious

>capable of firing .22 caliber rounds at 420 rounds per minute."
>[air horn intensifies]

top heh

Are your green chips this aesthetic, anons? Ours are.

>that bus
I want to be angry, but I can't

> Running copper lines any length of distance
> Not directly into green circuits
> When 90% of copper is for green circuits anyway
It's kind of gross desu. Did you fall for the main bus meme?

CHODE update today gents.

Buses are cool tho. We might redirect the rest of it to green chips above the current line if there's no use for copper later on. The unused lines don't really hurt that much and they look pretty so I'm not too bothered.