/arena/ Arena FPS General

kicking a man while he's down edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite oldschool and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Play Quakeworld for free: nquake.com/
Play Quake 2 for free: q2s.tastyspleen.net/
Play Unreal Tournament 4 for free: epicgames.com/unrealtournament/

Quake Champions closedbeta signup: quake.bethesda.net/en/signup
QC beta waves are each week and usually last for 3-4 days each starting on either Thursday or Friday. The beta is under NDA, so post screenshots/webms with caution.

slipgate to the previous thread:

this thread is kewl

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is peak performance.

>if you are 20 feet tall and spewing lightning then you can face me

HMG + Quad is 48 damage a hit

reposting until I get a (You).

just played QC this morning. oh boy is it awful

here's your you this basically sums it up

it's not really quake. even if they added a proper duel it would probably feel like shit honestly

dont let the enemy pick up the quad damage
dont die when u have the quad damage

also its not that im opposed to the moba abilities in any way, that could actually work (and maybe even be interesting) in duel i guess, but the game just feels like shit plus the current mode is some joke shit best of 3 frags where you queue for 4 mins to play for 6 mins

tdm and ffa on those maps is so painfully boring

>play Nyx
>wait until quad is about to spawn in >5 seconds
>go invis
>telefrag the person sitting on it and take it
the only time you can kill with that ability.

Quake is never coming back. Classic aFPS are dead and nobody wants to play them.

Either become part of Quake Champions or play your dead game- the only one you'll be happy with and the only one you want.

nothing in quake champions is new to quake
not that you ever even played runequake, TF, or CTF
you can argue it makes the game worse but calling it not quake just shows ignorance

>play only solarg
>run around with shotgun or rocket launcher

Am I a dick for this?

>not playing Scalebearer and timing Bull Rush to run over Quad the instant it pops

Smh cant even get to the download page for Q Live, anyone that played it, thoughts? I'm really skeptical to the whole champions shit but how is it?

Bitterman when?

I meant Quake Champions ofc

I love that face. They did good on the facial tics.

Its not as bad as I thought it would be but I'm not totally sold on active abilities.

Why are there so many good player in this beta compared to other game betas? I am getting my ass handed to me but in Lawbreakers i was always number 1.

i dont actually play quake anymore and i had set my expectations so astonishingly low for QC, yet it still failed to meet that

yeah well there isn't CTF nor NTF in qc now is there? also it doesn't feel like it regardless

you should try telling me how QC as is feels like quake at all. there's no meaningful armors to collect, the characters are too weak to stay alive long enough with any weapons or maintain any control over the game. it's just a retarded shitfest

the game also kinda just feels like shit in general, it's ugly and the weapons feel weird. it's hard to put my finger on it but i don't care enough to explain it. it's a bust quit fanboying over a piece of shit that's gonna be DOA

QC is ok if you ignore the obvious beta flaws of netcode, no mm, and 3 shitty game modes. The abilities aren't really gamebreaking, but the passive stats needs looking into.
The current version of duel is lame, there is not enough importance on momentum and getting back into a game.

Barebones mode will save us but I don't see it coming for a long time into the beta.

I don't like the way his eyes perch when he says "-shove YOU in." it looks unnatural.

i'm not going to argue with someone that doesn't play quake on how it's like quake
maybe you should go back and play quake and realize your retarded arguments also apply when you're bad like dying very quickly because you're too stupid to pick up armors

to be fair dude's been stuck alone in some hellish dimension for two decades, he probably isn't great at the whole communication thing

hey if you've got cpma or qw still installed we can find out who is the better quake player little punk ass bitch

Whats the odds of them including a classic mode with no abilities or anything?

that's my favorite part
reminds me of some of my raging old chiefs in the navy

Really angry
Long way away from home
He's lost his original name
Forgot what he was so angry about
But there's a slipgate he really wants to shove YOU in

they already confirmed one

where the IP at, let's see your skills on the battlefield elite quake enthusiast

nice, i was worried because including that and if it pops off it would petty much kill their entire new game

How do you guys feel about the red outlines?
It feels fairly spot on to me, but some people are reporting lots of red glow.

>play Ranger
>get 3-5 deadly slipgates a match
>Play against Rangers
>Don't even see them get it once in several games.

wooooooooooooo-ooowwwwww

not him but what's your region
i redownloaded all the quake games and playing with actual vets (not online posers) gets old since they know maps like the back of their hand

i literally cant even load the bethesda.net website, it just stops at 99% and its a white screen

If someone put a gun to my head and said I had to review QC honestly right now or I'd die, I'd say

>Fantastic gameplay, needs more game modes, some fixable technical issues.

>deadly slipgate
>not shub slayer

scrub

NA

if i'm defending my honor i'll play EU too

i actually play and am good at duel though unlike the super retard who thinks that the useless armors in QC do anything

if you haven't sunk too much time into playing older quakes just don't bother, they have been dead forever and this is probably the coup de grace for the quake series. you're just gonna be playing guys who have been playing for a decade minimum, unless you sink in a lot of effort you aren't catching up unless it's reflex and you're playing maps that nobody knows

quake 2 and 3 are active just quakeworld is dead
let me finish my lunch and i'll link a server

>shit spawns has me spawn into some kind of noob melee
>sorlag
>gonna die immediately
>fuckit.jpg
>press F and spin wildly
>die
>MEDAL EXPLOSION
>EARN MAD POISON MEDALS
>Triple kill

Honestly the ranger model couldn't be less interesting.

so it is either F2P grind for heros or OW style pay for the heros and then just pay for cosmetics.

maybe we have differing definitions of what alive and dead are

just being able to find a duel in quake i guess is technically alive but what i was hoping for was a duel revival and not too many fuckups on bethesda's end. instead, we got a facebook-feeling fps game. there's no point in stacking or positioning for anything in QC, you will score far higher just attacking the nearest person off every spawn. q3 might be alive if you're counting QL but i don't ever see anything in the server browser for the most part

How would you change it?

you gotta grind for the heroes or buy them with real money on top of the cosmetics. the heroes don't really matter in the current game modes though, you can win without using your special ability pretty much. well, for tdm and ffa this is true

well the way the points are awarded now it's not really grinding but that's probably going to change i assume. you can only rent heroes for 1 day at the moment

when i can pick between multiple servers with different gamemodes and one of them is full then its not dead
52.37.111.21:28501

To me it looks like they went "let's do a space marine" then did the absolute minimum required for a model.

So something more original I guess? It's not easy I know, but that's life.

>still no one posting webms, videos, leaks, etc.

Life is suffering...

the installer is just a black screen

what the fuck

i just happen to be not recording when i'm doing well and recording when I'm getting shat on

oh well

which player are you in here?

I mean, that's what he's always looked like. His Q3A model was even simpler, being a 1:1 recreation of the original Quake playermodel in higher poly+texture quality.

Even now the "space" part of "space marine" is pretty much missing, at least until you start slapping cosmetic items on- he's got basic plate armor, a leather vest on underneath, taped-up gloves and bright red cargo pants, hardly what you'd call sci-fi in the least. There's no real reason to make a design visually busy just for the sake of having visual noise, that's how you get overdesigned rubbish.

I don't think visual clutter is synonymous with good design.
Look at Team Fortress for example, low clutter but original characters. I mean hell, the other characters are more interesting and aren't more visually distracting because of it.

Sucks.. I can't even play for a couple days until the new players learn how to play.

I'm literally going 40-9 k/d every match at worst

i cant sign into the launcher account
the password fails everytime, yet on the website it works just fine copy pasting everything

change your password on the website, restart launcher, and try again maybe

what do you want? just a random webm of someone killing something? the game sucks anyway don't worry about it

this
we need matchmaking, fast

NDA or I'd be posting nonstop webms burd

I want to still be able to play

also
we needs Bones, pronto

>not Hunter

Hunter is too lewd

I'm not some techie, but I think I know why the rockets feel delayed
Usually with latency, you left click and tell the server you shot a rocket. So if you have high latency, the rocket will shoot from the position you fired it at and the angle your fired it at, just after a fraction of a second

in this game though, the server fires the rocket from your CURRENT position after the latency delay, instead of where your originally fired it, so it feels like a trigger delay instead of just a latency issue

t. soldier main from tf2 after 9 years

hunter is not lewd enough

the one getting curbstomped by the quake vet

>hunter will never allow you to cum on her rock-hard amazon abs.

I have 30 ms and feel a massive rocket delay. If what you said was correct people with high ping would feel it more than people with low ping, but everyone seems to have the same problem.

Trying to play Anarki in the new duel more really fucks with my muscle memory. I wish more characters had air control like he does even if they were slower.

>in QC, you will score far higher just attacking the nearest person off every spawn.
this isn't remotely true and you should feel bad for even trying to claim it as truth

To everybody: Unlike what the fringe Quake diehards think, QCs biggest possibly mountain to climb right now to be a successful game is that it's too much like Quake and not enough like Overwatch.

>hunter will never pin you down and force you to lick the sweat from her canyon of underboob

I don't have any problem.
only thing I've more I could do to show I don't have rocket delay on my end is a high speed camera showing the lag between mouse click and the first frame the rocket appears.

Seen that webm already. Nice frag.

I'm grateful for anything, really. Videos, extra info, leaks, insight, etc.

If you put a black bar over your name and the frag section, you're good to go.

What I'd really want to see is a pro playing Sorlag, since I've heard she's got Painkiller-like movement, and if that's true, you could do some pretty sick stuff with her, like getting lots of speed with simplified bunnyhopping and scoring easy kills with a gauntlet, since your forward speed is higher than that of those backing away from you.

>QCs biggest possibly mountain to climb right now to be a successful game is that it's too much like Quake and not enough like Overwatch.

You say it like it's a fact.

Sorlag's speed is high but her movement is predictable in hops so you just get plastered

Sorlagg also has air control lad

I'm about to post a duel webm since someone wanted it last thread. I spent like 20 minutes censoring but it's rendering now. dont worry lad.

>I'm grateful for anything, really. Videos, extra info, leaks, insight, etc.

If you check out the OP post, it says previous thread with a link.

Just keep going back through the threads, there is stuff posted in them I believe

i left since you left
i figured you were that guy which didn't make sense because he knew all the maps perfectly but i went with it

>Updated bethesda client.
>Quake champions gone.
Wtf

Get rekt son
have you tried clicking All games bot left?

Why is there a NDA in the first place?

I've already told people about the 3 different currencies, characters rentals, and loot boxes.

nice midair desu

shame that RL is so inconsistent

Means people can't review a beta version calling it shit etc

the fucken rockets you can see how i pressed m1 and then followed her trail in air.
the first man who can keep following enemies air pattern in air will master the rocket delay

>turn a corner running away from level 1 scrub
>spin around and give him a face full of buzzsaw

these new players are so gullible lol

>used shadowplay to record
>hit record
>recording starts
>try to press stop
>overlay vanishes
>cant stop recording
>play the whole game while shadowplay is recording
>alright, whatever, at least ill try to get some gameplay
>game ends with me topscoring
>quit
>find the recording
>its a garbled audio mess and black image for the whole duration

asdfhyth6p;oipuyasodifugh

Thanks, retarded that I have to download the whole thing again.

I guess, but since QC is still new and full of newbs, I bet you could have a fun gauntlet rampage with her, or even better a fun Quad gauntlet rampage

Already did that. I've read and saved every QC general on Veeky Forums and am also on the lookout for Quake threads on /v/, and up to date with everything posted on /r/QuakeChampions/

Thanks!

Is Overwatch the best modern arena fps?

I loved Tribes also

that reminds me
i killed the quad carrier and then a few gullible idiots a few times
i still wasnt last

ree tribes ascend was a downgrade from the first two

The game needs a GL. All of the maps have multiple LG's and rocket launchers besides dm6. And all the maps have the HMG close to the LG, making it kind of redundant.

It's especially bad on Ruins of Sarnath where the machine gun is within 4 seconds of the LG, and burial chamber has 3 lg's as well. Adding in a gl will diversify the game

Also, give the hmg 12 damage flat, so it's a more aggressive, damage dealing version of the lg

Sorry I didn't mean ascend, I think Tribes II was my favorite

She gets full QW movement if you actually try to do it though? It's not forward hop.

burial chamber's 3 lg's is fucking retarded desu, seeing how its probably the most powerful gun right now