/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris
- (Future FAQ Pastebin goes here. If you want to contribute, reply to the OP with ideas or excerpts to use!)
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1 pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh (embed)
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5 reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki

>Endless Legend
- Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/67w64t/stellaris_4272017_design_talk_observer_notes_not/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

>create another fanatic purifier human faction so I'm not completely alone and have some friendlies to talk to
>by the time I reach them during late game the only control 50 of their 300 pops
>they were divided by their 4 neighbor empires, everyone controlling huge parts of their former empire, all those humans live either subjugated or in slavery and even the empire itself is a vassal to a huge federation
>I have to save them!
>only can buy one of their planets during the war with the warscore due to other, more important strategic points
>welcome them with open arms
>they immediately create a xenoist factions, something that has not existed in my empire for 200 years since everyone here knows how dangerous and repugnant xenos are
>the huge majority of them are xenophiles

I will guide them to the light

Also
>have to fight slave human armies

Those xenos will be purged so hard

Is it rape if the victim is nerve-stapled?

>Buy Utopia
>Unpause the game at any speed
>Pan the camera with middle mouse
>A single CPU thread overloads and stellaris starts stuttering like crazy
I hate Paradox sometimes

Multithreading? What's that?

That's actually a good question. That probably depends from the nerve staple's setting. Is she programmed to feel pain or bliss?

kek

Is genetic restructuring rape?

I don't get it.
I thought it was a Star Wars joke at first, then I thought it was Dwarf Fortress.
Turns out I have no idea.

Please rate my spiritual space cats.

Will give them a bio in a while.

Obvious Lovecraft references to the Cats of Ulthar and Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath / Celephais being obvious.

>Galleys from the port of Celephaïs go everywhere in the Dreamlands, but especially to the cloud-kingdom Serannian, reaching its harbor by sailing into the sky where the Cerenerian Sea meets the horizon.

I just thought that would instantly make them Spiritualists, and since this is going to be my second game (I played Fan. Materialist + Egalitarian Technocracy first) I thought I'd make them a polar opposite of my first faction.

What do you think of the traits combination? Should I change something?

I'm glad kumo swapped her disgusting spider form for a human one in the novel

It's only rape if you turn the entire male population of the conquered species into cute traps.

> Completely independent space systems with full data separation and zero interaction between any objects outside of system
> Single threaded

Reminder that references are the lowest form of humour

Please don't put your dick in the spider.

It's boatmurdered

I don't remember boots being relevant in boatmurdered.

You use the gov that reduces clear blocker cost

it goes from 100 to lets say 75 , you press clear and it consumes 75

then remove the gov , price goes back to 100 , cancel the project and the game will refund 100 instead of 75 ( amount spent )

at the end you win 25 minerals , that is about one month of production early game

You can only deny consent if you can give consent, so no, it's ethically equivalent to fucking a fleshlight.

Why does that spider look like a Pikachu?

0.50x habitable planets or 0.25x?

That'd just be DF in general

It also counts as rape if the person cannot consent , rapist kun

IE : putting dick in sleeping girls

If you're at the point where you're nerve stapling people I doubt you really care about the ethics of rape.

Dorfs.
They dig greedy.
They dig deep.
They tantrum spiral over the dumbest shit.

I thought Boarmurdered fell because of smoke throwing everyone in tantrum?

How many people work on Stellaris? Is it just a rag tag team of 5 bored paradox employees? Why is nothing finished? Why can some basement dwelling modder do more than a whole team?

Sleeping girls have the capacity of giving consent via being awoken.

You can't un-nerve-staple a person, and as such they are a sub-animal non-person bereft of rights.

>You can't un-nerve-staple a person

> It's not rape if they're unconscious, nerve stapled and incapable of consent
Gee I wonder who the rapists are in this thread?

Somebody should tell paradox about multithreading cause I'm dying on my fucking 4970k

I'd betray XCOM for that.

>alien monsters will never exert their overpowering advantages by making an example and broadcasting themselves defiling your ambassador
>your civilization will never be integrated into their biological machinery with in-depth descriptions

Threading ain't easy chap. However there are some handy tricks such as making sure user input functions independently of program state and dumping the video processing to its own thread.

Beyond that threading is a nightmare unless you explicitly program it from the ground up. Space battle has an advantage here because there's no reason for systems or battles to ever interact with one another. Independent data makes threading easy.

>human intelligence (or greater)
But if it has greater-than-human intelligence then by this logic you're raping yourself by having sex with it.

>Threading ain't easy
t. computer science sophomore

> Hurr I just spawn threads and it works
t. liberal arts freshman

Please post suggestions for balance changes and changes to techs, traditions, etc.

I'm collecting suggestions for a mod.

United Empire - militarist, materialist, authoritarian

Does this fit?

Giving consent is only meaningful if they can deny consent.

Being unable to give or deny consent in any manner makes them non-people.

>TL;DR: You can't rape a rock, bed, or corpse, among other things

Hi paradox.
Fix planet shielding.
Fix army modules.
Fix missiles.
Fix nig nogs stealan muh ancient discovery quest lines.

KKTHX.

>no bio

unrateable

> She can't deny consent if she can't give consent

This pretty much. Killing a girl and ducking the corpse isn't rape.

It's murder and subsequent necrophilia, which are both ethically terrible, but it's not rape (phillisophically speaking; its probably still defined as rape for legal reasons)

Similarly, turning an individual into a sub-sapient servitor and fucking them isn't rape. It's effectively murder and turning them into a zombie, which is ethically terrible, but it isn't rape.

Reminder that there's nothing wrong with having sex with animals

How important is tracking on torpvettes?

can you build a viable all-frigate fleet?

>ally losing a battle
>if my fleet in the same system can reach him in time, we'll have more fleet power
>there's a research station along the route to the battle
>my fleet decides to destroy that first
>we lose the battle
FUCK YOU PARADOX

Do the slaves in a syncretic evolution civ get the psionic trait too? I don't want the filthy plebs becoming psychic

>human upper body and face
S H I T
H
I
T

They're functionally the same as a standard uplifted strong prole race.

>Late game, pancaked accross galaxy, slowly conquering smaller empires
>Suddenly Unbidden in my space whilst I'm collecting another empire
>Oh it's on
>One Long War later....
>Finally, now back to conquering everyo-
>HAK HAK HAK

>it's a transport fleet gets intercepted by a single corvette and is stuck forever episode
Never thought I'd say this but I miss DW's ship builder.

What do the Prethoryn say?

Transport ships should really get a gun or two, not enough to really fight engage in fleet combat but enough to deal with lone corvettes and other things that lock them in combat for years. Transport ships in ww2 had them.

if you're psychic you can have a conversation with them.

They're running from something that almost wiped out their race, jumping from galaxy to galaxy eating everything in order to build up strength

Is there an album of all their translated speech?

Theres one floating around, might be worth searching /r/stellaris

That's fucking spooky.

>Play Spiritualist, get Transcendent perk
>Come accross AI remnant of species who uplifted you long ago
>"Will you accept your destiny and protect the galaxy?"
>Sure why not
>ethic switched to xenophile materialist pussyfest
>wtf no, no fuck that-
>Psychics with synthetic buddies, together we will liberate the shit out of everyone!

And that's how my empire is 49% robots, 35% psychic space elves, and the rest assorted immigrants.

>those defenses

you are like little baby

let me show you how it's done

*expands*

>reddit search is caps sensitive
w e w

> Battleship
> Any size of weapon that isn't L/XL

>not putting bb guns on your artillery fortifications
>not putting howitzers in the trash

Is it fair to say Aqua prefers battleships while Kazuma is a corvette at best?

SAGGY TITS

white men

M8 I have the same cpu and it runs fine. I do games with minimum 2k systems and at least 20 AI Empires.

Underage people can't give consent, and yet you can still be charged with rape against them.

Animals cannot give consent, yet it is still a crime to fuck them. Unless you're Canadian or German, in which case you are legally encouraged to fuck animals. Germany has goddamn horse brothels, and apparently it's not illegal to make your daughter fuck a dog in Canada.

Is there any way to get more than 3 civic slots?

I've seen screenies with 4 of em.

Are humans supposed to be extremely adaptable? I feel we would be able to do just fine on an alpine world. Look at the Swiss.

Plentiful traditions mod adds a tradition tree that unlocks an additional civic

>spiderman atacks again

What is nerve-stabled even supposed to be?

>Underage people can't give consent,
Well. They actually can. However if you want to talk LEGALLY only the parent can give their consent.

>people think the Germans have ever been the superior race
Its truly bizarre.

Welcome to the world of social justice positive consent where you must obtain written consent in triplicate authorized by a notary from any girl you wish to fug or you risk having your life ruined from erroneous rape accusations.

It's also worth noting that what constitutes "underage" differs from state to state and country to country. So it's all legal fuckery and not some universal rule as above.

>Wormhole is removed in the next versions

I dont even think they can

Why would they do that

Based and white.

reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/67w64t/stellaris_4272017_design_talk_observer_notes_not/

I changed humans so that adaptable is the only trait they have. As you say, it makes perfect sense.

Kill yourself

That's why it's called "statutory" rape. Because there's a statute I.E. a written law that automatically declares it rape.

>auto-cannons
>no afterburners

Unless civics get improved, who needs more than 3

Depends on the state.
Some states say it's fine with parental consent.
Texas has an actual common sense law where an adult can fug a teen within 4 years from their age, there might be a caveat that they had to be in a relationship when one of the two turned 18 but at any rate this gets around the usual legal bullshit of high school relationships where they were already fugging before one turned 18 and it was totally fine, but then one turns 18 and suddenly it's verboten.

Nomadic strongly fits our history and evolution, but you could argue modern humans are sedentary.

Many states have "if the parents allow it" laws for any relationships under the legal limit. But even those laws have their own limit.

In some places the parents can approve of 14 year olds banging but most folks rightfully don't want grand kids when their own kids aren't even old enough to get jobs.

World types are there for balance, not realism. You can find every single world type besides tomb somewhere on Earth.

This.

Also who the fuck uses battleships for short range?

They're meant to be sniper ships.

Yea just saying parents cant give consent

Yeah, nomadic doesn't fit at all. If there is any doubt, there is no doubt.

>You can find every single world type besides tomb
Just you wait senpai.