PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND GENERAL /PUBGG/

Please bare with us edition

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

>Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

>FPS guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

>Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

>Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

>Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

+++News+++
>Early Access Month 1 Update (18.04.2017)
playbattlegrounds.com/news/68.pu

>The changes to loot balance was not intentional. We'll be investigating what happened and restoring the old balance next week! (23.04.2017)
twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/855974622990184449

>We'll have a new dev blog post later today w/ patch notes for this week's update. For now, here's a look at our WIP foggy weather effect! (25.04.2017)
twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/856783765263142913

previous: →

Other urls found in this thread:

playbattlegrounds.com/news/70.pu
youtu.be/oLMlUcuVO3E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SCAR a best

Reminder that if you can't load the game before the plane is in the air or your buildings are all shitty and not loaded when you land, you need to use the -lowmemory launch command or buy more RAM.

>latest patch
playbattlegrounds.com/news/70.pu

Do you guys noticed that sometimes, in the lobby you can see the plane immobilized in the sky.
If you spot it, you know in advance where it gonna start.

If you don't, you know it's gonna start at the other side of the lobby island

Me and my mate play together. I have 8g ram and he has 16. He gets those issues more often than me.

>illustrate the new patch with a fog mode
>patch doesn't introduce a fog mode

great game

Game crashing a lot since the last patch.

>i7 7700k
>gtx 1070
>16gb ram

Coming from a 7 year old machine I better see a massive difference

>Background/wind audio stopped working
>Game closed randomly soon after
Oh

Yeah the high level intel cpu will really help out, my 4670k usually hits 100% usage while playing this game.

How the fuck are you supposed to find people shooting at you from a distance? Sound cues just seem to tell a general area and when you only have a couple seconds before your dead it seems impossible to try to return fire on someone

Anyone wanna play with me and my friend?

Git gud basically

What's a good way to measure the distance when you're trying to snipe someone?

Zeroing goes to around 600 for 4x so that's quite a bit of distance.

Use the map squares, preferably in advance.

Finally, a game designed to keep all the tryhard/autistic fps players distracted for a year or two.

Make that a month or two, then they go back to whatever they were doing.

SOMEONE PLAY WITH US.

>squad game
>already killed 11 enemies
>game crashes for no reason
is playerunknown a pajeet? how the fuck do you manage to crash unreal engine you nigger

someone post the gun damage chart

to achieve a little bit of this think to prone when your in this situation.
With luck the ennemy won't see you well and it could give you a little time to get behind cover if there is one nearby

Eyeball it

assuming this is accurate, it really oughta be in the op

Anyone have a fix for the buildings not loading in properly?

So is loot way better with this patch?

nope
no
no way
get out of here with that bullshit

Restart game between rounds, lower textures or draw distance if that doesn't work.

I used to do this back in wolfenstein: enemy territory. Lob a rifle grenade somewhat around there and take a few shots in that general direction. Got so much tears for it too.

too bad the rifles were garbage in that game
it was just who can get 3 bullets to the head with mp/tommy first

Is this game good for a solo player. I want to play something like arma again but I have no friends to do that

Solo is fun for about 10 to 15 hours, but I wouldn't really recommend it. Going duo or squad with friends makes the game like 10 times better and endlessly replayable.

There's a solo mode so yes.

>end up getting 2 more kills, top 30 and then game crashes randomly as i'm about to drop another guy

between these random crashes and my buildings looking like playdoh for the first 25 seconds after landing 50% of games, i think i'm done trying to play solo and winning and ill just have fun with friends in duos/squads until the game starts running well

I thought armour level does matter? It just changes how long the armour lasts

different armor levels absorb different amounts of damage from attacks. That much you can verify through tests

Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on this game or wait a bit further. How is current state of game? I got a buddy who was complaining a lot about netcode and loot bout a week ago.

Based on aesthetics?

I thought the M16 and M4 were basically just better in every way, or does it have some other advantage I'm not remembering?

>tfw want to play with desly cause he has a comfy voice
>rarely get to do so
;-;

scar has less bullet spread but thats about as much as I know

>game has crashed 3 times after this patch
really makes ya think

literally who

Stat wise scar is best at the moment, m16 and m416 were nerfed

One of the many circlejerkers

question: is this game nothing but 'scramble to find good equipment, drive as far into the center as you can, and camp for 15 minutes in some corner until everyone else kills each other'?

it was very fun for the first few hours, but it becomes incredibly samey as time goes on.

also near the last two or so stages of the circle optimal strategy seems to consist of waiting right near the blue line, waiting for impatients to run by and kill them, then run into the white zone as late as possible because going behind the blue line barely does any damage. (if you ask me it should instakill)

Pretty much yes

>(if you ask me it should instakill)

I don't know about that, but it should deal much more damage. It's annoying to realize there's somebody behind you when they've been in the blue zone for a couple of minutes.

i don't think anyone really gives a fuck, but suggested solutions:

- as mentioned, going outside the blue zone should instakill. you already have a buffering / grace period mechanism by the fact that the blue zone doesn't instantly get to the white zone when time is over. why do you need a third one that encourages lame behavior?

- devs should implement some mechanics that encourage actively seeking out other players and killing them. the hard part here is to think of something that integrates into the 'gritty' setting. it's trivial to think of pure (unexplained) mechanics of the top of my head: when players kill someone else they gain expertise in their current weapon, increasing its damage / accuracy / reduce kickback or whatever. or: the less you move around the more shakey you get as you wait for enemies and get insane, making shooting very inaccurate. whatever you wanna go with
- do something to skip the first repetitive 5 min of the game

Anyone?

Actually, I was pretty good with the rifle. Managed over 50% hit rate, and a lot of those hits were headshots. The low clip size though, screwed me over many times. Learned to nail people around corners with bounced riflenades and even grenade jumping.

the more I play, the more it deminds me of arma 2 dayz BR with an aggressive circle

it's like going back to those days, with updated graphics and more people playing

My buddy did mention it was close to ARMA, but what's the state of the game in terms of playability right now? Is netcode an issue? Is loot still apparently fucked?

Someone please play with me and my friend! We're very nice!

Cute girl (male) or cute girl (female)?

rubberbanding while there are 100-80 alive about 50% of the time, otherwise is acceptable, "muh hit reg" players are just shitters.

loot is fine.

yea sorry I'd rather play with someone with a bearable personality aka someone who doesn't take on the mannerisms of an anime girl to make up for the lack of said personality.

Neither, we're both just guys.

What the hell are you talking about? Asking for something politely and using an exclamation point is now considered mannerisms of an anime girl?

Nigga you gotta actually post a damn name if you want people to do that shit.

Also, to elaborate on the issues you pointed out, just had a game where I stuck to the center and then found a nice cuckshed when the circle started to come really small. Only kill I ever got was a guy who tried entering the shed. Placed third with a doubleshotty and the pumped up kicks - coat.

I'm sure they could improve on their gamemode or create new ones.

HYPE

You know damn well what using an exclamation point after each sentence implies. Especially with your anime reaction image. Don't even respond to me again, it makes me sick.

Teaming up with strangers in solo is so comfy. The bonds are stronger and you are both ( I was just in a group of 3 for fucks sake) more well equipped to fuck up other players

>your chances of survival instantly double when you have buddies with you

netcode is fine his internet must be shit/lag/dc/drop out often. the amount of hackers is low so inb4 muh hax muh netcode

loot is fine too. reasonably RNG but you just have to keep looking for an AR. there's a reason shotguns are early game and not optimal late game. just have fun. game is good but wont be forever.

That's just asking for betrayal

no way man. Its weird how it works. If you are being awkward or annoying you WILL be betrayed. but overtime you guys become buddies, especially if you ask their name and act like a normal human being

for those who don't believe that teaming up with others in solo is impossible, will upload a clip of what just happened (I was lucky enough to have my camera rolling when it happened)

And then you get banned, because teaming in solo is a bannable offense.

>especially if you ask their name and act like a normal human being
oldest trick in the book for hiding your intent

whatever man. You are missing out on even more fun

Quit being a cunt alright?

youtu.be/oLMlUcuVO3E

>join a squad match
>nobody knows where to go
>put down a marker
>everyone goes in completely different directions
>we have this one guy complaining constantly on mic
>call him out on bitching so much and he throws a temper tantrum on mic
>he comes to me and goes in a building
>go in there to meet up with him since there's people nearby and we needed to group up
>as soon as I walk in he's holding a grenade about to throw it at me
>kill him asap
>he bitches because i killed him
>say "you were holding a grenade about to throw it at me you fucking retard"
>all he does is yell over me on mic

how do people get so autistic

Don't forget, you are playing with absolute strangers. Just try to play and act like a decent human being in game and others will follow your example (Hopefully). You should kill teammates who don't play along and act like dipshits because you don't want them getting you killed. Survival of the fittest

>game name is literally pub-g

You don't have to play with shitters, you know.

You can squads with pubs? sounds like a nightmare

nah usually its fucking amazing. So far I haven't run into retards like user described

did anyone apply for mod?? what response did you get?

just got 2 solo wins in a row and leaderboards for solo is fucked FML

>solo
>see dude hiding in house
>tag him once through a window
>push him
>he runs up the stairs
>attic camper
>flashbang him
>kill him with shotgun
>go to reload
>gunned down by his team bitchmate

I don't necessarily mind players teaming up in solo, but it's a special kind of homo bullshit to team up in solos and then attic camp like scared little bitches.

How do you win? I manage top 10 but no wins. Always get shot in the back.

>dont push
>camp stairs
>theyll come down eventually, they are trapped
>or just nade u idiot

I cover my back, always run from cover to cover and only shot when I really have to so my position isnt known and and ofc out aim people

I had no frags, but I had the advantage on him because I knew I hit him hard and he didn't have a chance to heal yet, and I was right. I killed him quite easily.

The point is, what's the point of being a solo team scummer if you're gonna hide in a fucking attic or bathroom like a little bitch? Why not actually use your advantage?

>JoshOG one of the top 10 leaderboard players is getting high as fuck on stream

Lmao thats wassup

he never smokes how does he get high?

"special" brownies.

so the faggot way

There's also butter. You can spread that anywhere.

>falling for the I am a mod creator!!!,my mod is super successful!!,lets make it into a standalone game!! meme

no thanks i rather play the mod, I aint falling for this dayz shit again
kek if only...

any 420 tokers wanna get st0ned2theb0ne and game hard with me. must be at least a level 5 high

u bein srs?

im always serious about 420

Except its already better than DayZ ever will be because it takes the best parts of it and streamlines it.

How is this even comparible to DayZ? I already am playing the fucking game and its basically feature complete. Everything to added is just modes, maps, weapons, clothes, balance. The game is fucking done, unlike DayZ.

Also the very nature of the game is completely different. DayZ got shilled hard from le funny videos of people being forced to eat spoiled food and fags executing people and other green text bait.

You got suckered into that. This isn't a faggy survival game where you aimlessly wonder around, its a streamlined fast paced experience that gives the feel of a DayZ gunfight but without the fat.

So I'm not sure what there is to "fall for", you sound like a giant faggot tho who can't form opinions on his own.

Also

>steam refunds

Its funny though that you sought out this games general and felt the need to post.

pubg just released a 14mb update and they fixed the leaderboards for solo fuck yes im finaly over 2k raiting

>3 games in a row
>haven't found a single AR
>been killed by faggots with AR's

Anyone have hot tips for getting rid of melted buildings? .ini stuff worked but for some reason it seems this last patch fucked that up.

Draw distance: medium or lower. After the buildings load, you can raise it a bit, I suppose.

>weedfag
>twitchfag
Congrats, you're fucking cancer and should kys.