Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #864
F(a/i)t elf edition
Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

For File Acquisition errors, do one of the following:
- switch all locale/system/region/date/time/everything settings to Japanese
- keep locale locale/system/region/everything settings and run with Applocale (Win7/Win8) or Locale Emulator (Win10)
Always run as admin.

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information (CHECK BEFORE ASKING):
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
FAQ Image Guide: i.imgur.com/FaWIWLn.jpg
Win10 FPS Issues? Use this: feen.us/lhi9.zip (now with subtitle fix)

>Downloads:
/aa2g/ Pre-Installed Game [Preferred]: tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2.torrent
AAUnlimited: github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/releases
Manual Installation [For masochists, not recommended]: pastebin.com/FgP7nFWH

>Character Card Database:
no-info.no-ip.info/aa2/ (down forever, use the backup zip for old cards or megas for new ones)
weeaboo.org/aa2/ - new db

>Mods & More:
AA2 Pastebin: pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fontworks.co.jp/fontsearch/item?RodinPro-DB&word=Attack (Heavy): 1534
github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/blob/master/AAUnlimited/Functions/Shared/Slider.cpp#L138-L139
github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/blob/master/AAUnlimited/Functions/Shared/Slider.cpp#L154-L155
mega.nz/#!UaIUVK4Z!8doRudu435GuzMpdaqTuK_ZKEUNEH5ASQ-oFoUD75UY
mega.nz/#F!OVAzmaiQ!T4bJvZsAhGrTn54lZP927g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Genuine always knew you had it in you! R-really!

Trying to reduce back hair #75 to just the ribbons and move them upwards, and pretty sure that I can solve this through trial-and-error, but why doesn't it work when given the exact name of the mesh? It works with the scalp and two halves of the base hair.

Because meshes with bones obey bones, not frames. So you have to move the root bone frame. Not the mesh frame.

to help with the trial and error try selecting the mesh you want to edit and find the bone list it's skinned to. Pick a bone you want to check. Find this bone's frame in the object tree and edit it's SRT and apply. If the mesh moved the way you wanted it's the right one.

>Discovered what the UI font (Both Japanese & English text) for a lot of big Japanese games is called
>Rodin
>JP Fontworks

Dammit, I have to get my hands on this somehow, it'll look so nice with subtitle overlay and turn AA2 a little more more into a real game

>Database is down forever
>still gets included in the OP for some reason

>There was a link to a new database
>It seems to be exactly like the old one with all the cards and everything on it
>Everyone keeps saying it's a trap and ignores it

Is the new database safe? Sophos is giving me a Mal/HTMLGen-A warning.

>Mal/HTMLGen-A is the threat name associated with web content blocked by Sophos products using the reputation filtering functionality.

>Note: Mal/HTMLGen-A is not detection of a malware payload on an infected machine. Instead it indicates a Sophos product blocking access to a remote website >we believe to be either malicious (a site whose sole purpose is to infect users with malware) or compromised (a legitimate site, but one that has been >hacked in order to infect or redirect users).

I usually get warnings when a site is trying to do some shady shit but so far the one time I went and browsed around that database it "seemed" fine.

I haven't needed anything off it anyway since I grabbed the archive but I found my old cards and stuff on it and they seemed okay so who knows.

Which Rodin exactly?

Brianna, is that you?

fontworks.co.jp/fontsearch/item?RodinPro-DB&word=Attack (Heavy): 1534

It's this one, they use it for alot of games. For example Automata's UI font, and "New Rodin" is used in some Final Fantasy stuff.

Oh I just found it I think.

Mods fucking where?

Steam group exclusive buddy.

Why is lazy the best kind of tsundere?

I'm on 9.5.3b reiedit.
I'm trying to reiedit someone else, she's just an example of a card that doesn't work.

because tsundere a shit and lazy isn't tsundere.

I'm looking in the steam group right now and I don't see a release page or anything.

Join their little chat and you'll receive a complementary blowjob

don't listen to the memer, it's not out yet. Speaking as a guy who actually has it.

>shit anime
>shit characters
>people wasting their time modding for such trash
lmaooooo

look at this paragon of patrician taste doing nothing and being peanut butter and jelly

dunno mang
nothing will change your bad taste :P

>:P
Kill yourself

no

Are the Tohsaka or Yuri mods included in those 6 released? Digging through the google doc/archive, and I can find the old Tohsaka card but not that one. Or any Yuri card.

Why don't people just release all the mods/cards? I really don't get it.

>Why don't people just release all the mods/cards? I really don't get it.
Why don't you make all the mods? I really don't get it.

>Why don't people just release all the mods/cards? I really don't get it.
only worthless leechers say that.

So, ego then. Entirely ego. Though it seems more ego-fueling to have people discussing your mods and getting praise/attention for them.

This is a LoL-tier community, huh?

dark chocolate > white chocolate

you must be new here

Is it possible for you to tell me what parts of the SRT that the Neck Bone Size slider edits?

I would like to try the same for Neck_03 and not just _01 and _02

github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/blob/master/AAUnlimited/Functions/Shared/Slider.cpp#L138-L139
github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/blob/master/AAUnlimited/Functions/Shared/Slider.cpp#L154-L155

From the looks of it it's just X and Z scaling in equal measures. No rotation/translation.

As someone who has made a good number of fairly well used mods in games I put a good amount of time and effort into I can't say that I've ever shared the possessive mentality that can come of it.

But sometimes you just have to let people do their thing, they aren't released then maybe they weren't happy with it which I definitely can understand.

Keep in mind those are all nip mods and everything we got our hands on was shared here at some point and is probably included in the doc. No one is obligated to satisfy the children throwing a tantrum because they saw a toy they can't play with. There's no one who keeps their mods from the people here without a reason.

>without a reason
That reason is usually, or mostly, just to trigger people.

no, that reason is usually to trigger you specifically

/aa2g/ < /tsg/

Or just being Japanese. That halts plenty of mods. Can't let filthy gaijins use their grorius work.

mega.nz/#!UaIUVK4Z!8doRudu435GuzMpdaqTuK_ZKEUNEH5ASQ-oFoUD75UY

Let's see how this goes, I've finished the Persona 5 BGM pack, try it out and hate it or love it or whatever.

If something happens to the link then feel free to re-upload and do what you will with it.

Unfortunately I'm limited to some pretty fucking awful upload speeds right now so I wouldn't expect any alterations being made, for awhile at least.

See that's the part I don't understand.
When I target A00_00_01_00h.xx -> a01_J_Neck_0x and try scaling the X and Z-axes the head also scales accordingly, this is not what I want. Yet the Neck Bone Size slider doesn't modify the actual head and only stays within the neck scope (what I want for Neck_03).

So what I can gather from this is that the slider in AAU works as if it's modifying the individual bones of the neck skeleton, but I can't actually edit any bones myself in the body tab. Instead I'm forced to use frames which also affects the head since they are connected somehow.

Also I noticed in the links you gave me that one is for Body and the other Skeleton. I suppose these refer to A00_00_0x_00.xx and A00_00_0x_00h.xx then?

Here's some male outfits. SVII only at the moment:
mega.nz/#F!OVAzmaiQ!T4bJvZsAhGrTn54lZP927g

credit goes to the original creator

thank you very much

>I suppose these refer to A00_00_0x_00.xx and A00_00_0x_00h.xx then?
not sure but it makes the most sense. I tried fucking around on my end but pretty much hit the same wall as you did. Since the skeleton contains no mesh the Change Bone does nothing there and Add Frame propagates the changes to all its children.
What hackanon's doing for the neck slider(look at the skeleton lines) is he multiplies the Neck_01 and then divides Neck_02 by the same amount so the total scale stays 1 but with Neck_01 being thicker. Since there's no Neck_04 to attach the head to you can't scale up Neck_03 while keeping the head scale the same. What Change Bone does is it modifies the mesh itself while keeping the bone in place.
So your choices right now are as follows:
1. copy the Change Bone to all the outfits(it's not too hard since the bone name is the same. you just set it for one outfit and then just change the Bone Matrix name and press apply)
2. try to achieve the desired result by editing the Neck_01 and Neck_02 and using the Neck_03 to compensate for the other two.

Trying to get the most recent Maki card to work. For some reason, when I add it in the card explodes into this monstrosity. I'm using AAU. What's up?

They're faker cards. A lot (I mean a LOT) of them were uploaded to the DB before it went down.

Trust me, I fell for it myself.

>1. copy the Change Bone to all the outfits(it's not too hard since the bone name is the same. you just set it for one outfit and then just change the Bone Matrix name and press apply)

Guess I'll settle for this method after all, in retrospect it's not that bad. Thanks for helping me out. At least I better understand the difference between frames and bones now.

>At least I better understand the difference between frames and bones now.
Same, I hope

Thank you. I would die for you.

Oooh

Getting a weird bug. When I try to put some cards into my class, their personality immediately switches to sweet. And if I change a personality in reiedit, it switches back to sweet when I load my game. Not sure what's going on here.

I recently installed all the nodim stuff and the compatibility mods, and that seems to be working just fine.

did you try actually getting the personality for the personality you want?

Sweet is what the game defaults to when it does not have the personality that the card uses

I have the personalities, I've used them before. AND they're visible in the character creator. IE empress. Did nodim knock them out somehow?

>Michika
Obviously not.

Cute

I checked again and the personalities are installed with my HEXA PP. They also appear in the character creator. Though I noticed this
>HEXAPP.xml must be placed within ReiEditAA2\XML\Overrides
Which I hadn't noticed until now. But I can't find any .xml file in the archive after extracting it, and that's the only thing I can think of that I might be missing.

garbage

nig user. I think that's enough.

flat intolerance is not welcome here

ugly girl intolerance is welcome here

that's not what was expressed in the post

It's in the mega for HEXAPP, not in the zip. I don't think this is the problem you're having though, if the girls that you don't mess with in reiedit are also defaulting to sweet.

Any ideas on what the issue could be? I'm totally lost, so I don't even know what to post a screenshot of to help.

There are just as many Japs who share as westerners who share and just as many westerners who don't share as Japs who don't share. Geography doesn't matter at all.
Those two weren't released. Probably not finished.

Thanks for porting Dark!
(That pose and eye setting don't mix well imo)

No idea, sorry. I'd try reinstalling HEXAPP but other than that I wouldn't know what to suggest.

The game does not see xmls from Reiedit. Ever. If the card is turning Sweet then you don't have the personality that it is. There is no other cause for that. So now the question is whether your PP is installed correctly. Not the xml file, but the files that matter.

>Probably not finished
Who would give up on this?

There's a better and finished version in the db archive.

I'm not a fatefag so I would. There's nothing extraordinary about her by design alone.

So I've got nodim/the compatibility patches/etc. installed right now. Would it still be safe to uninstall -> reinstall the HEXA PP with AA2install? Or do I need to uninstall everything personality-related to avoid breaking anything?

>Geography doesn't matter at all.
culture does
japan has historically leaned towards not wanting to deal with foreigners

If you uninstall the PP alone you still have to force all that other stuff that goes on top of it once you reinstall. It's your call.

You're confusing your limited and skewed perception of reality with actual reality. I know most of the modders for this game and their countries have nothing to do with their sharing habits.

Well before I cave in and try that, how can I tell whether or not it's installed correctly? Aside from what I've mentioned there's no problems. It's green in AA2install. Nothing weird happened during installation. I'm not sure what could've made it a faulty installation.

By looking at your actual personality files. Your e05s and your p05s and your list files for the personalities in the third file. Make sure that what you see jives with the google doc.

>your limited and skewed perception of reality
>Implying that it's skewed
>Implying it's limited in Japan
Do you know anything about Japan? Because it sure seems like you need to step off your high-horse and actually learn what the fuck you're trying to talk about.

The Japanese are xenophobic beyond all hell. The fact that they put on nice smiles means nothing.

The modding community of AA2 is not the sum of all of the people in its respective nations. There are like 20-some-odd major modders for the game and the ones that withhold stuff know no national boundaries. I can think of 4 separate countries that they hail from off the top of my head. You are actually the one who is making shit up based on presumptions.

I'm just going to try reinstalling it. As far as I can tell the only things that need to be forced on top of it are the pose ports and everything nodim-related?

Correct.

Did I trigger you insulting your shitty xenophobic no-babies-allowed utopia?

Alright that's not really a big deal. I'll try that then come back here and cry if it fails.

No, you said something factually incorrect that retards like you love to push. Numerically we've had far more mods withheld by western modders than Japanese ones, and the western ones that get withheld are almost always higher quality than the Japanese ones we don't get.

Someone tells me what clothes she wears and where get this?

It's a dress from the CCs and a hardlinker texture. She's an AAU card.

Looks like some half-assed Hestia.

>defending those slant eye radiated island monkeys

Trying to get the whole DB backup, but whenever I try the torrent in the pastebin I get an error, and then this folder. Despite the error, there's loads of cards in that one archive. Did I do it right...?

>Download database
>Look up characters

Some of these are really bad

>Some

Is this your first experience with user-created content on the internet?

Okay... most.

The DR characters are okay I guess
>21 Junkos