>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S3rz1EW_F-8
youtube.com/watch?v=i4PCOAJ80lo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yukiko is mainline!

What is your favourite Persona spin-off? Mine is SMT3 Nocturne, though it could use more romance options.

Digital Dickgirl Saga.

PRAISE *record scratch*!

>people shit on IVA not having LNC
>Nocturne is praised despite having reason endings plus Freedom and the two Demons
Is it because IVA takes the piss out of alignments or what?

No social links - no buy.

It's because IVA is Undertale.

Post them boys

all SMT is shit

Nanashi is a reverse trap and CUTE

I'm probably going to change DDS1 to DDS2 or put both, fuck it's amazing so far.
youtube.com/watch?v=S3rz1EW_F-8
youtube.com/watch?v=i4PCOAJ80lo

I keep forgetting Eikichi was fat as a child

>Best friend character
>Anything but Gale

Learning japanese is not possible.

If all you care about is playing video games and having passable casual conversations it's not that hard

I can't remember what I ate for lunch, how the fuck am I supposed to remember 2000 characters?

That's the easy part. The hard part is that there are only three sounds in the entire Japanese language, and their grammar is caveman tier and highly contextual.

How many SMT Demons can you name by sight?

definitely not 2000

Demons aren't random meaningless squiggles.

Yes they are

OK guys let's brainstorm, what can she add to SJ? Positive thinking please.

It gets easier the more you learn.

In the trailer she seemed experienced and harsh by her tone of voice, I think that has a better chance at working out than her being a rookie soldier with a positive attitude or something.

She's a demi-fiend that gets thrown into the Schwarzwelt through the Amala Network that at first glance seems to have a hard outer shell, but once she gets saved by the player during the mid game and finally finds someone she can rely on you find out that it was all just an act and she was really doggo all along.

Could this be a lead-in to a re-release of Nocturne with a femi-fiend option and Chiaki social link?

Her fried tofu

Will DSJ be a deep game?

Apocalypse would have been way better if he was

When do we get an angel that turns records so he can MC Heaven's music and tell us to p-p-praise *Record scratches for a full minute*

Spent more time on this than my weekly homework. Never again, you fags are gonna bitch about my taste anyway.

Why do you prefer fake YHVH over real YHVH?

Because breaking into the Center, beating down the four archangels and then fake YHVH was fucking cool.

>SMTII
>Collecting Masakado body parts
why the fuck aren't they all in Roppongi or Akasaka
I've started collecting Pillars too like from MT2 so that's even more going around looking for things. I just wanna fight some demons man. I wanna punch YHVH in his stupid yellow skull. The game is fun but fuck this backtracking

Honest question, why are they remaking Strange Journey even though it's not even a decade old game?

A remake of 1 or 2 would be way, way better.

Low effort project, easy money. A remake of I or II is way too much effort.

>favorite ending
>the worst law ending in and ending in general
Why? You become robots compared to Desu OC where humanity still has its freedom and you become a messiah to smite truly degenerate/shitty fuckheads.

Not a lot of people played it when it came out. Now that SMT is in the limelight again after P5 and Final they're trying to get people to play some of the relatively forgotten titles.

Near impeccable taste, even if you are a filthy lawfag.

It was the first ending I got in SJ and I loved how horrifying and creepy it was. I definitely would not call it a "good" ending but I still love it.
I'll take your criticism as long as you're not a dumb neuter.

I pirated Apocalypse from the FreeEshop and I'm enjoying it a lot. Like, a lot alot. Like, so much that I feel guilty for pirating it since I love supporting franchises I like but I can't turn back now 'cause I'm too far deep. What other games can I buy to support the series?

Ah ok lawfags tend to be bootlickers so I thought you believed the idea of being a robot was cool and all.

How good did SMTIV and IV:A do?

I mean, you could still buy Apocalypse.

Deep Strange Journey if you want to support a new release.

Or why not just buy that game? You get some free gay pins as well.

LOL DUDE BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL JUST LIKE MY FAVORITE GAME UNDERTALE XD

>Favorite ending
My man.

Just beat the loli twins in P5 and for a secret boss it was't all that hard. Like yea I died a few times (3-4) but maxing strength (which you need to do anyways) allows for some OP persona, Got by with Lucifer and debilitating them then a concentration followed by a fallen star. Makoto was on healing duty and Ryujii and Yosoke on damage. They all buffed when needed to. Then again I did it on normal but the hardest bosses of SMT are hard even on Normal (Demi fucker, Satan, Lucifer and tower of bel)

Maybe its one of those "Hard is actually normal" or something like in Fire emblem

That's a refreshing view on that ending, as that other user said.

I see you as a bro, even if we hate each others ideals.

I wish more games would use Talk from undertale

Yeah, but I don't want to buy a game that I'll never use if I already have the digital version. Unless, of course, the save data for the digital can be used for the physical copy? If so, then yeah, I'll drop everything and buy it tomorrow.

I think so.
Is this your first SMT game? If so Buy IV since its better and it came first story wise

probably a good neutral route that fixes the problem of the scwarzwelt

probably nothing else if that

Oh, no, I played IV already. I didn't really like it because of all the lack of quality of life improvement it lacked that Apocalypse has (mainly that god awful world map). Idk, I didn't care for it much since having no clue where to go most of the time just killed my motivation for a lot of the segments.

Was desu1 the one where you could actually show the lawfags they don't actually need to kill everyone and they actually listen?

Yes and is the best ending in the game desu. I wish LAW was more like that instead of pure communism. But then no one would chose neutral which would cause the Apocalypse or something according to atlus.

SMT4 is atlus's third best selling game behind p4 and p5, I believe. It got half a million units sold by 2014.

Final's sales are nothing concrete yet but it's done exceptionally well for a spinoff game.

You could just look at a map of Tokyo. Its not even that bad. SMT 1 was worse.Or stop being such a casual.

Thats good to hear. How did it do for a 3DS game and what site do you use?

>stop being such a casual
Got something against Casualry? After claiming to love IV you go around saying stuff like this? Disgusting.

A little bit of VGChartz and Wikipedia. Not the best of sources, I understand - Wikipedia claims 4 has sold 600k copies while VGC claims it's around 530k. The wikipedia info looks like it was copied off siliconera, cuz i'm seeing the same data for final's on debut week and 4's overall on both sites.

As for how 4 and final did as 3ds games, well, they're not really breaking any records - for comparison, I think the best selling 3ds game atm is pokemon x/y with some 14-15 mil sales - but it's done extremely well for a third party release.

is there any way to get spotpass in desu2 if i'm in na?

>3d devils world

My negro

I keep on getting a bunch of spot passes for DeSu 2 and even though I havent left my house with it for a long time, I still get them

I'm almost done Nocturne, and it's been a great ride. Is there a trick to getting through the maze near the top of the Tower of Kagutsuchi?

PRAISE YHVH

DDS 1+2 > DeSu 1 > SJ > SMT4A > P5 > Everything else

Prove me wrong

Is there any point to having a skill like Charge +1 instead of just regular charge? I know that stacking the skills makes them stronger, but I don't see what it could do with skills that have a set effect.

I can't argue with futa.

When are we going to get this guy in the series?

>DDS 1+2 >
Stopped reading there.

>No Nocturne
>DeSu 1 OC not the highest
FAILURE AS A HUMAN

Nocturne is the bomb and I plan to play it on ng+ on hard after P5 NG+ its been a while since I played it so cant help you out

DeSu 1 > P5 > SMT4A > DDS 1 +2 > Everything else > SJ

fixed.

it costs less. charge +5 is only like 4 mp or something. worth it when you get better physical attacks that require more mp, each individual cost for charge adds up pretty quick.

When we allow fanfiction

They're literally the best SMT game when combined. If you can't handle that it doesn't have fusions or negotiations, that's on you.

Where do you draw the line?

not that i want mormon trash in SMT

>>>/ffg/

Not really, the story doesn't start until the last 5 minutes of the first game and is rushed in the second one, the mantra system is poor and annoying on late game and the OST is honestly nothing to write home about aside from two or three tracks. Fine games but very overrated.

>the OST is honestly nothing to write home about aside from two or three tracks.
Let me guess, you're one of those guys who thinks that SMT IV has the best soundtrack in the franchise, or even of any JRPG.

>Fine games but very overrated.

Huh. Kind of like all of SMT.

just making a joke on Mormonism being Christianity fanfic

>you're one of those guys who thinks that SMT IV has the best soundtrack in the franchise
No.
I meant very overrated (among Megaten fans)

Christianity is just a Taoism fanfic written by the Romans

it's not an smt game - in fact, it's even less smt than persona. the characters have such an obvious development path and feel like basic tropes. you're supposed to really only care about them because of the mental struggle they endure with the world around them and the cannibalism, and that's about it. plus, sera's existence ruins fucking everything. even fucking final of all things, the game that brought us homeslice and waifus, understood how to keep a plot moving with events - neither dds1 and dds2 know how to.

gameplay is basically final fantasy with a few basic twists like mantras, it gets utterly goddamn boring by the mid late game (a problem no other smt has thanks to fusion, which you seem to not care for). not really difficult in any sense, music isn't much to write home about, graphics are just kind of OK.

they're all right games but how they've been elevated to the status they are now by /smtg/ is baffling. i wonder how people can get so assblasted over some choices modern atlus has made and then turn around and praise dds1 and 2 like the holy grail

This, basically?

Because I know how press turn works and it feels good to get extra turns!

The New Testament?

Besides Morgana, is there any character that has a worse effect to their own game than Nozomi and her power-of-friends?

Basically yeah

Teddie, Bananacakes, Ronaldo

Is there any game /smtg/ actually likes?

SJ, Persona 2

All of the untranslated ones.

I'm pretty sure last thread we came to a unanimous decision that Persona 5 is the only worthwhile entry in the SMT franchise.

Ronde

is it because we haven't played them yet?

It might not be their favorite but does anyone actually dislike Devil Survivor?

SJ has terrible dungeons

Persona 2 has the dumbest writing out of any SMT game and thats saying something. It also has awful gameplay

Shin Megami Tensei Persona 5: Apocalypse Dancing All Night Breaking Records in the Nocturne

>opinions

I'm sure there's some obsessed anti-Yasudafag out there that hates the game simply because of the character designs.