/ndg/ - NieR/Drakengard General #72

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

WE DON'T DESERVE A GENERAL AT THIS RATE EDITION

2B Bandwagon Has Crashed, All Aboard the A2 Bandwagon Edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Nier:Automata Save Editor:
Python script:
dropbox.com/s/p9539mxoe2lyi5s/N_A_editor.py?dl=0
Executable:
dropbox.com/s/jt2gs9ou1nhxhfc/N_A_editor.exe?dl=0

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12841321
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>2B Bandwagon Has Crashed, All Aboard the A2 Bandwagon Edition

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I FUCKED IT UP.

It's okay.

>That toned back
I cable row and bend over row and I will never have a back like that. Kill me.

She's a perfect android.

Have you tried archery?

lol Christ, let me get this straight. We got some spoilers that made people paranoid that 9S was dead, so maybe it's not as happy as we thought.

But truth actually is that 9S is dead, A2 is dead, and 2B is in torpor, and all life is pointless death trip.

I mean I almost just have to laugh. The end of the game now is literally life is meaningful, companionship is great, NO IT'S NOT. Who writes like this? This is like ending a coming of age story with the previously angsty protagonist coming to terms with the facts of life and finding purpose, and then hanging themselves 10 minutes later, because fuck you.

Nth for gunning down coupleposters in the streets.

I have some question anons.

The carrier we see in the game is part of the resistance or is from yoRHa? Do the resistance even have planes? The carrier looks like is made to carry flying units of yoRHa.

Another question... How much of you people thing that the remaning androids from the gestalt project are the ones who are behind yoRHa?

I wouldn't be able to go to an archery range often enough to justify it.

Game's ending E is a continuation of ending D. The stuff from the concert is a continuation of ending C. Basically two different timelines. This isn't new to Taro games. The ending E as shown in the game is still untouched.

Someone noticed that the pods have some demonic element/ magic based attacks?

Androids have the technology to control magic; it was established in Nier:Gestalt/Replicant.

Magic only exists because of Drakengard 1, so it makes sense that the pods use magic.

Does Accord could also be using magic to do the time jumps?

I'll believe that when Taro officially calls it Ending µ or something, since no alphabet left. Otherwise just seems like a last ditch effort to save the game. Certainly not that I blame you, but I'm just not assuming that without verification.

Are the pods, the android version of the grimoires?

A2 is imperfectly perfect.

Here, have your happy couple

Not canon

Yes canon

Automata Figmas when?

Nope, not canon.

Stop not-canon-user. With that mentality you are never going to score. Look at 9S, he already scored. Canon

Too bad this concert is in Japan where they'll probably just passively accept it. In the west this shit would probably get boo'd off the stage.

It's canon. They have android sex all the time.

>9S riding 2B's dick
Lewd

"Linking hands" is the only canon thing they have done.

Canon.

Not canon.

If you're gonna couplepost then keep it canon you fucking plebs.
And before you call me notcanonfag, I'm not.

I don't think most people are autistic enough to boo a "what if?" alternate timeline story that has no impact on the main one.

A concert like this would never happen in the US because we worship media in a different way. If this was in America, it'd be cringey as fuck to go to. Then again in Japan you'll just see people with those stupid glowsticks and that's it.

>With that mentality you are never going to score
I never will anyway. Also, 9S hasn't scored because that shit aint canon

Oh my god. Shut up.

>"what if?" alternate timeline story that has no impact on the main one.

You hope.

Something to keep in mind is that there is no such thing as "what-if" in regards to Taro's game's as they don't abide by a single timeline. A good case is Drakengard 3, which had sequel stories to Ending A, and Drakengard 1 as we know it is a sequel to an ending not even seen in the game itself.

Ok sorry

The fuck is this gook and why are you avatarfagging with her? My guess is a kimchi.

The stories have several inconsistencies with endings D and E, but they all fit perfectly with C. And since C and D were alternate versions of each other, it seems pretty damn obvious what the concert stuff is.

She is the goddess Irene.

Concert is canon and clarifies the story.
>“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Yoko Taro 5:17)

Yes, yes, I'm aware of all that. This isn't my first (or second, or third) Taro game. I know how his stories work. I just used the "what if" phrase to try and explain that these are parallel timelines and not affecting each other.

I'll be honest, my dude, she just looks like a run-of-the-mill post-plastic surgery asian girl. Probably acts goofy so she can rake in those NEET-buks by being "cute" and "not like other girls." And honestly, you'd think with all that money she'd get something other than lazy California girl hair.
And no, I'm not fun at parties. I just want 2B to fucking die so all of this can stop.

So if I got this right all of the bad shit from the play script is C to E?
So the outcome of D to E is still left to the player? with D to E possibly being a happy ending?

Yoko Taro on coupleposting
>One who coupleposts shall be put to death; the whole congregation shall stone the blasphemer. Aliens as well as citizens, when they blaspheme the canon, shall be put to death. (NRSV) — Yoko Taro 24:16

Did anyone here play Lost Odyssey?

C A N O N
A
N
O
N

i watched a LP lul

No

That's what's heavily implied but we won't know for sure until the actual production. Some people are getting bent out of shape over speculation, but I guess that's nothing new.

Don't really see what difference it makes if it stems from C or D, they both go into E anyways. The only weird thing is A2 is never mentioned.

Different setups lead to different versions of E that have completely different outcomes.

Someone answer this plox

let's settle this
strawpoll.me/12841321

As much as it annoys me I don't see how anyone can honestly say no.

Still not canon

I never said coupleposting is not canon. I only said anything other than handholding isn't canon.

Been mentioned already here, but Yoko Taro absolutely loves parallel timelines and supplemental material. There are some rather large distinctions between C/E and D/E, such as if the machine network fucked off to space or if 9S gets impaled by his own sword or not.

C/E appears to conclude in a bad end with everyone fucking dying and nothing having any meaning or significance. Thing is, we won't know which version of E is "canon" until the next installment in the series. Nier1's storyline came from an ending in Drakenguard that was largely considered a joke ending.

As far as we know, "Nier3", or whatever they want to call it, can stem from a yet to be released side story or whatever other fuckery Taro cooks up. The ride never ends.

Can we ask Taro vía twitter if 2B9S is canon? Just to settle this shit down

>that moment End of the Unknown comes on iTunes.

Nobody is arguing that 2B9S isn't canon besides the not canon dude. Ask him if they've fucked.

DEAD 9S
CANON
A
N
O
N

Now THIS is canon

Even if we have the bad end, the group behind yoRHa stills operating in all the timelines of automata, right? that means the next generation of androids is gonna be even more op

Ok, guys, all of us should ask Taro is they fucked until he answers something. PLEASE

I am one of the coupleposting user, but I posted this shit to see if you can say something besides not canon
It seems you can. Fuck you. Here take more canon

Even assuming that's true, you still have an ending that explicitly asks you to negate the games nihilism just to throw it back in your face. It would be absurd to give the player such a major fuck you simply for choosing C instead of D.

And it still makes the ending biased towards nihilism by giving so much detail and extra content to that ending, while the happy ending gets nothing. This is one of the primary things that pissed people off about LiS, is that the endings were obviously biased towards what the devs wanted.

Aerial shots are fun but everything further than ~150 feet is N64 graphics.

C->E doesn't ask you to negate anything. There's no credits boss battle, no save file sacrifice. The pods decide to repair the androids on their own and due to the circumstances things are fucked up. Rejecting nihilism is exclusive to D->E.

The happy ending gets "nothing" because that's the fucking point. We remove the authors and ourselves from the equation, the androids are free from destiny and are given an opportunity to make a better future. The bad ending doesn't follow this and thus they are still locked into the cycle of misery.

Good stuff

just got the ticket to japan lads
where is the shitshow going down?

Here lies the Forest King, Ernst.

This exalted individual was the earliest among us to awaken to his own will, and for this reason did we name him our regent.

Looking to sow the seed of this will in others, His Highness distributed his own precious parts. His retainers were the first to be so blessed, followed by his subjects. And in doing so, he brought forth a paradise—one made for machines alone. Through his gifts did we learn of the thing called ego, and eventually of our own selves. And just as ego gives way to emotion, so too did emotion lead us to feel great loyalty to our king.

But our king was too great—and too kind. Having distributed his parts, it became difficult for him to function, and he soon fell into a deep and silent sleep.

Now, the only path left to us—his loyal vassals—is to construct a kingdom of eternal peace, one which lives up to the magnanimous heart of our king. And so, as a sign both of our resolve and our gratitude, we leave in this place a chip made from our combined parts.

Your spirit lives on in us, O great king. And so we implore you to rest in peace.

—The Forest Kingdom, Its Citizens, As One

Forest king was a cuck

Eh, I don't care.

>is to construct a kingdom of eternal peace
>With the first thing on their agenda is to attack the neighboring pacifists.

As sad as I feel for the king himself, with dying and having his data stored in a child robot for years, his subjects were fucking stupid and got what they deserved.

what does this mean?
how can i know what quests am i missing? I only know about the unit data and the emil quest when you fully upgrade every weapon

>This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.

Okay, one of us is wrong here, could be me. I was under the impression that unlocking E was simply a matter of getting both C and D and then credit shit would happen. I did C first and then D so I wouldn't know if only D is necessary.

So what's the deal, you can just skip C altogether and still get E? Or if you did D first and then C you'd actually have to go back and do D again? Because if not, then C would just lead into E.

Go to the quest icon blips on the map, yo.

Hey Irene user, this question is for real: are you a man or a woman ?

there is no icons
yamerooooooo

Woman. Thought I made it clear before when me and another female user were giving pointers to that male user. He was asking how to be gay-ish. kek

I want to eat 2B's ass

Did you check the bunker?

No, user, having a "feminine" penis doesn't make you a woman.

As a woman you approve about the obssesion with 2bs ass and a2s legs?

The tickets to the venue were sold out the day it was announced, my dude.

FUCK
well time to hit jaypee and check where i can get shitfaced

Well I just looked on the wiki, a guide, and a forum, and they all say you just need C and D and that E is a continuation of either. What you are saying actually really would have made sense if E was only a continuation of D in the game. Even the names somewhat make sense since C is meaningless, and D implies growing up. But unfortunately no, you can do the nihilism negation off of C as well, which puts a big wrench in that theory.

Believe whatever you want.

100% yes. 2B and A2 have amazing bodies.

So what do you think about the theorycrafting of nier?

Are the gestalt androids behind yorha?

is ending C/E or D/E more suitable for the next nier game?

2B will never have bigger biceps than good ole papa Nier.

How is irene?

Go find Emil driving around and shoot him, then go to the mall. That's probably one of them. Then the 100% weapons quest is likely another. And did you do the Desert Rose for 6O?

Post 2B suffering. I need it for purposes

Just read scene 5 spoilers.

Fuck you

Taro comes out with interesting stories and I really like them. I have no idea how he does it. I guess it's all that booze. I've been a fan of his since Drakengard.

I'm not sure who made YoRHa. It's probably androids humans left behind to monitor the process of all the D&P.

That's really tough... I think he should leave D/E alone. If he makes a huge time jump I would want A2B9S to make a cameo appearance. I really want a Accord game tho. C/E is more what I expected when I played the game. I just want 2B and 9S to be happy and no suffering ;_;

Amazing picture.

She's cute and out of the other girls, she's my "Bias".

Have another then.

oh look! you discovered LOD

An old fan then, cool shit. I joined the drakenier fanbase back in 2013 with drakengard 3. In fact, i think a lot of people joined the fandom because drakengard 3 that year, nier 1 went waaaay under the radar back in 2010, and drakengard 2 was shit, literally cliche fantasy anime even when cliche fantasy anime didn't even existed in 2005 (i know that taro just had a minor role in it?