/mmog/ - MMO General

This general is for discussing new, old, and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals. If you are on one of these forgotten/niche games, looking for a guild, or friends, or just want to know the state of the game, ask here.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu (embed)
>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht (embed)

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HOJlAATKfOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

xth for that one user who wanted more pet games. We need more games with cute/ugly/cool monsters as pets.

We have Mabinogi, Rappelz, Riders of Icarus, World of Warcraft, Lineage 2, Glory Destiny (dead game, literally), and Ragnarok Online. Let's get some more in there.

Let's take a moment and remember those that are no longer with us.

oldschool runescape

>1700+ spider kills
>still no pet
I gave up.

>tfw trying to play old school single player RPGs and can't get into it because I'm so used to action combat by now

BLACKED

>Genuinely fun game
>Great controls and server stability, I never disconnected once
>Devs gave you free cash shop shit randomly
>10/10 music that really got you pumped
>Tried to get a friend to play a while back with me by telling him it was like a very anime Devil May Cry game with multiplayer
>We both found that the game was long gone

I miss this game.

intense bible studies with my mistress...

0 - ASTA
1 - LOTRO
2 - RO
3 - Wildstar
4 - B&S
5 - Diablo Triple
6 - XIV
7 - Project Gorgon
8 - Runescape
9 - TERA
Dubs - WoW

>playing russian roulette with bullets in every chamber

rolling for lotro to rape your time and wallet.

Any Wakfu guilds? I saw some in the threads the other day, but now all talk regarding them has completely vanished

I miss Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine. That was my first 'pet' game, fucking loved all the amazing demons, as well as the freeform 'class' system..

The Rusty Hearts soundtrack is one of those ones I keep coming back to. Reminds me of early DFO in terms of quality of aesthetics.

youtube.com/watch?v=HOJlAATKfOg

Too bad they even shut the jap version down to try and promote a mobile game instead.

Is Lost Ark still in beta limbo?

too late senpai

xth for ElliniaMS

I want to play it but I don't want my stuff to get wiped for no reason.

the only way for me to contain my excitement for this game is to pretend it doesn't exist.

All the shitposting pretty much killed interest in the game. I can send an invite if you want but I rarely see people in the guild online save for 1-2 guys.

Your best bet would be to search in the forums or in-game at this point, or wait until the merge and see if fate doesn't repeat again.

Is anyone still playing NovaRO? How active is the guild?

What shitposting happened? I was under the assumption that it was some kind of already established guild, not something that was just made and went to shit equally as quickly

Dragon prophet

Moonlight Blade

>Dragon Prophet
>Bust/Ass slider
I'm sold

Any MMO where the PvP isnt a joke due to balance or lag issues? I'm also restricted to f2p games because I'm broke.
I just miss what I had in WoW wotlk.

warmane

A friend I used to pkay Ragnarok with nearly 10yrs ago contacted me and convinced me to install Aura Kingdom.

What should I expect?

it's pretty bad mate. They haven't updated it in like a year or so, they do events but no new content, just lots of cash shop sales and recycling holiday events and "buy the cash shop item" events.

it won't get wiped for 4 more months, doesn't take much to get funded 2bh

>balanced pvp mmo
>f2p

pick 1

I guess I'll wait.
I'm fine if the game wipes but I don't like starting in the middle of a session.

f2p

>western devs too scared of SJWs to make slutty characters
>gooks games have good waifus but shitty ass grinds, RNGfests and p2w

Wildstar was singlehandedly destroyed by sjw

Oldschool Runescape (balanced and f2p but you have to grind stats to pvp)
Archeage (you need to grind premium)
Guild Wars 2?
TERA?
Blade and soul?

Already played RS.
Shit
Shit
Pedobait
Shit

you get what you pay for my man, enjoy your shit

go play dota then

Still playing maplestory private servers.

I'm still playing on Skypia, haven't been able to find anything better.

What about Royals?
If not any good, why?
Is Skypia any good?
If so, why?
Do you have a guild?
Are traps gay?

B&S is literally only good for it's 1v1 arena pvp

You're never going to find a pvp balanced mmo m80. People can't even balance non-mmos that only have like 9 characters, nobody will ever balance an mmo.

Skypia was the only one that had a good community and everyone was helpful.

The population is relatively low now though compared to when I started.

>TERA?
Please refrain from suggesting that game. Its pretty shit on many levels.

Can I get some >opinions on
>Archeage
>Aion
>BnS
>Revelation online

I'll be playing with australian tier internet, featuring 250ms to NA and 350ms to EU. Warnings about shit netcode are optional but appreciated.

I didn't try three of them, but I did try Blade and Soul.

Shit's fun, but unless you have a friend to play with, you WILL get bored of it.

>Shit's fun, but unless you have a friend to play with, you WILL get bored of it.
That describes my experience with Eve online.

Really? It describes real life to me.
I want to kill myself since I have no friends.

Just play vindi AU you fucking straya

That game is boring though.

Real life is overrated, get virtual friends instead.

Wakfu as Osamodas class

Literally never played RO before, will NovaRO be fun? I am mostly here for dfo but the game is a bit slow for now since we are on the gook approved content drip now+ass events.

im not a furry though

>Archeage
Never played

>Aion
I swear I've played it but remember nothing, which can't be good desu

>B&S
Combat is really fun, the fluidity takes some getting used to but I really like the CC focus (even for PvE) and it has fuckin' grabs, man, I love grabs

BUT the endgame is a load of bullshit and you will feel the pain of the weapon upgrade system which seems great at first until it gets grindtastic

Tradeskills are awful and despite fun movement there's no exploration because it's got more invisible walls than any other MMO I've played except maybe XIV

>Revelation
Combat system is way worse than what it looks like, very static and customization is weak

Some really cool ideas but mostly sabotaged by chinsy systems and >my.com

Not a fan of the a lot of the game but really like that there's no fucking invisible walls everywhere (outside, at least), which was nice

They're about as furry as demons in any MMO ever. They're just blue.

Wakfu - is there no way to do the Royal Shark/Whirly/Kraken dungeons without paying to play? I've gone as far as I can in the main quest but get gated before going to the Zinit Beach, but I've been told those dungeons are in the main quest and I haven't reached them yet.

Unless they changed it, those dungeons are in the free area.
Although the Zinit questline is still only for subscription players.

Why not do something else? They'll release it to the public in a few months.

Roll

jesus christ how the fuck are you supposed to deal with multiple mobs attacking you in mabi? Ive died at least 30 times in rabbit dungeon trying to do the story quest.

>Wildstar was singlehandedly destroyed by sjw
Do tell.

I guess I'll remove Revelation from the list and check BnS while keeping an eye on the rest. Thanks guys.

Get better skills or get an AoE pet. Whirlwind isn't enough.
Try finish the Saga missions, you get a free Pegasus. It does a small AoE stun and heals poison. With 8 character cards you can have 8 of them.
Or if you want to use skills then Lullaby is good. Rain Casting and Shock are also really good. Hydra if you want to kill things quickly.

I don't think anyone is playing NovaRO anymore.

loli dfo

Nobody is playing dfo either.

You have to have brain damage to still be playing DFO in its current state.

wtf i just downloaded it

There's 2 people online in the guild, but it's 4 am

It's 10PM here though.

Fund me

They're 'in' the free area, but you can't access them without the main quest, apparently. At least, so I've been told. Even when I find the locations, I can't enter the dungeons.

Also, because I just returned to the game and I'm leveling up a character with my friend that's quickly approaching that level, and I want the gear from there, so I'm using my highest level to farm shit for us..

Why? Dfo is in the best state its ever been in?

>sjw gaming press
>tits too big
>muh sexist dev
This is why there are no tits in wildstar.

Just stay away from NCSOFT (wildstar, gw2, bns)

Have a good day.

Why does PoE run like shit?

It always has.
It used to be way worse.

Really? I had no problem it it was on beta.

I'm being recollected to South Korea, are any of these games good and I mean fun and not-play-to-win
Always wanted to play one of those 3D MMOs where they display those sexy women with line bikinis.
>Archeage
>TERA
>Blade and Soul
>Aion

Honestly i have no idea why western mmo publishers are scared of women.
Women dont even play their games

Never went super deep into any of them but I hear lots of whining about endgame grinding or content gated behind rng.

Did really enjoy how blade and soul played though, it was actually fun just to fight crap which is rare for the genre. Also the women were thicc.

Action combat in mmos is really the biggest meme that wont die

>thicc
They were mostly oily noodles, but you did have options

Starting to get sick of this oily looking 3D characters I see in 3D media sometimes. It became the new cel shading/bloom fad to me.

You could completely remove the oil option

If only my toaster could run half of this, I might actually play something.

Only tera. You need to spend real money to get a bikini in bns

fellow toaster bro, as if finding a decent mmo is hard enough, we are limited further

>Can play practically every MMO on ultra minus the really poorly optimized ones
>Still can't find something to play

Life is suffering

No.

dude i can run any MMO, and they are all garbage and not worth playing
shitposting on your favorite board and in this general is better

t. reddit

>getting new gaming lappy in a week
>can finally play all the games i wanted
>will inevitably get bored of all of them in a day

Sometimes I kinda enjoy the wait more than the thing, knowing that at least there's still something to look forward to.

Well htk did it first. His characters are oily

>all those normies cosplaying nolifers
You are bored because your head is healthy, go away

>tfw just updated my GPU
>realize that everything runs nearly the same
>even Tera
I should've just upgraded my CPU

t. reddit

add me on ASTA ign jewgasser

kek