Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_JZ_engine#2JZ
youtu.be/qaDTDrn16G8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can get shot

fuck all
Why you wouldnt want a v8 and a manual

Fuck man, I'd buy it

Never thought I'd say this but wish it wasn't the v8... I tried to buy a 5sp sc300 for about a year and none of them fit my requirements, let alone ridiculous availability

Buy it, rip the engine out and 2jz. It's the only correct answer

>muh 2JZ meme modurr

How come supras are so expensive but these cars basically are the exact same thing and are so cheap?

same reason why the pre-86 celica's are pretty much the same thing as the AE86 yet don't carry anywhere near the meme tax.

its all hype and image bro.

Only the Supra Turbos are really expensive because if the 2JZ

These things either came with the V8 from the LS400 or the naturally aspirated version of the 2JZ which sucked. And not you can't just throw a turbo on it and call it a day

Fast and furious movies, man. Same with honda civics, chargers, etc.

>title:salvage
Yeah no

They are not cheap most manual ones run 8k+

Fact they are all auto pretty much makes them shit
IS300s have same issue with almost all being auto
Also supras are very rare and were priced more than a viper of the day

An S2000 can be a salvage title just because someone stole the seats, it all depends on whether the insurance company feels it was worth fixing

If it's salvage that means it's been fucked in the ass, nice try Jew

Um that's not a factory option desu

Next you'll be telling us it's supposed to have a passenger seat

He's right though, S2000 seats are a hot theft target. Replacement seats from Honda are expensive, and usually the top gets cut when the car is broken into. Just those two items alone are enough to total an AP1. The seats get stolen often enough that you can actually buy special lock bolts for them.

That literally has nothing to do with this thread tho

and supras are like what 60k?
And what a lexus was cheap when new?

>salvage title

>o don't mind wasting my money buying a V8 that has absolutely no aftermarket

290bhp is plenty with good torque from a smooth as fuck engine

And it's not like someone buying a $1500 car can afford aftermarket on a meme engine

>it's not like someone buying a $1500 car can afford aftermarket in a meme engine
>implying projects don't start off as shells ever

Nice assumption, people who want to make a car a project do you fucking retard

>implying OP is buying a shell
The 2JZ in the Soarers wasn't even the good version

>2JZ
>Soarer
The Soarers had the 1JZ, so right there proves everything in your post is bullshit, especially considering you called a 1JZ junk
>using the stock motor
Nigger, it's called a fucking engine swap
Use your head

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_JZ_engine#2JZ
Really gets that noggin joggin huh?

>just engine swap bro, $500 and an afternoon

>NA 2JZ
sorry, I thought you were talking engines with balls, of course the NA 2JZ a shit for power this is a mystery
>$500 and an afternoon
Point out where I said/implied it
I'm waiting

It's been mentioned plenty of times in this thread that the NA 2JZ in the SC300 sucks dick and that the UZ in the SC400 that OP is looking at is perfectly adequate

We didn't get anything else in North America

Must be an aussie

Have YOU been paying attention? The smart thing to do is start with an SC300 and swap in either a 2JZ-GTE VVT, or you could go cheaper with a 1JZ-GTE VVT and make more power out of either of them because they have a fucking aftermarket, unlike the 1UZ

>an Aussie
You'd best shut your whore mouth if you knew what's good for you
I'm talking about swapping in JDM engines for fucks sake, how fucking new are you and the other retard?

Or buy a $1500 SC400 and strip it out because the damn thing already makes plenty of power and torque

Or maybe OP just wants a $1500 RWD manual V8 car
>YOU GOTTA ENGINE SWAP IT BECAUSE IS SAID SO DON'T YOU WANT TO MAKE 600BHP

You fucking retard

Aussie detected

In freedom land we can buy cheap small blocks and strap on a blower if we want a lot of power, and not get fucked by traffic cameras when we want to drive them

Why do I have the feeling you're not the idiot that was saying earlier $1500 cars are only bought by poorfags

Why do I get the feeling that you're Australian?

This is either intense autism/retardation or 5D shitposting
I already told you I'm not an Aussie
Because you're a retard?

That's what they all say

shut up pussy

Bump

>pre-86 celica's are pretty much the same thing as the AE86

Maybe in Japan. I wouldn't call the 22RE powered cars that the US got very comparable. How much did A60s weigh?

I was looking into an A60, but a Corolla GTS offered more sportiness out the gate and a better aftermarket as a trade-off for a greater initial price. Seemed easier to put a 20v or 3SGE into one with minimal fabrication down the line.

Owner of SC400, I'd strongly advise against it. If something breaks it will cost you quite a lot, a vvti motor has rare parts and even electronics are hard to find, prices go according to that since many parts are no longer in production by Toyota.

A60s weigh around 3k lbs, probably a bit lighter
AE86s do have a better aftermarket, but it's not as if parts can't be found for the A60, also engine swap are easier on the A60 rather than the AE86 simply due to larger engine bay, take this for an example
youtu.be/qaDTDrn16G8

>fell for the toyota meme

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

have a 92 my self and plan on doing a W58 swap engine for my motor are pretty easy to find all but the belt accessories

the non-vvti stuff is easier to find since more models came with that engine and electronic or SC specific parts are also easier to find since there are models of that than the 98+ ones.