Veeky Forums SELF HATRED - US ANONS

Why does this board hate the US and US cars so much? Specially US user who have a hardon of JDM'S and call Mustangs Pigfat.
Why the self hatred?

reminder before the lightweight fags show up

Which car is more fun to drive?

Nobody is "self" hating, we just recognize that the US car industry hasn't kept up with Asian and European manufacturers, going back to, hell, the 80's. If a US car company could make a car as good as an Audi or a Lexus, we'd buy it.

Wow that's a super fair comparison and you're the cancer that proves OP right.

whichever one the individual in question subjectively has more fun driving

I hate all newer cars, not just US ones.
I like old cars from every country, but have owned mostly Japanese with the exception of a few German.
If I had the opportunity to own a nice classic muscle car, I'd take it, but personally it wouldn't suit my driving style.
I enjoy technical roads, like twisty mountain and canyon roads or gravel backroads with some decent elevation changes and sharp turns to hang the ass end out on.
Neither of which a muscle car specifically thrives on.

I blame the Germans they are the one who engineered most american shitboxes. There is a reasons why the german manufacturers get a lot of hate too.

my biggest turn-on is a nice classic with an electric conversion that drives ten times smoother than it ever did before
that probably triggers people around here, though.

That triggers me, yes.
Love is an ICE you can wrench on.

They could just do it with malaise era car.

I've developed a weird hard on for malaise era land barges and i'm not sure why

I'm pretty much exactly what you described. There are a few American cars that are exactly what I'm looking for but I absolutely refuse to buy an American car because it just feels wrong. Before I got into cars I always thought muscle cars were (or at least looked) the coolest, in GTA4 I always drove the Sabre GT. My love of JDM cars and interest in cars in general started with Initial D so of course the cars I saw in the show would be the coolest things in the world to me (to this day the R32 is my dream car) but in general I'm attracted to the idea of small light cars with relatively small turbo engines, which most American cars are not. As for the dislike of American cars? It probably all boils down to the fact I perceive them as "boomer cars", I just get so angry at the idea of a stereotypical boomer going "now that's a REAL car" pointing to a mustang makes my blood boil. Couple this with the fact that my interest is generally for cars between the 80s and early 2000s, a time period where American cars were absolute garbage which probably lowers my perception of the nation's cars as a whole.

It's not that I'm unpatriotic, it's just that I'm not blindly patriotic.

You sound like an angsty teenager trying to rebel against your parents.

Yeah I know. While I'm too old to act this way I still get pissed off when my father thinks a C4 with sun damage is a "nice car".

I don't hate US cars, and in fact, as an American I would love nothing more if Cadillac and Lincoln shat all over Audi/BMW/Mercedes in all areas. I like being proud of American products. Unfortunately, that's just not the case. There are some great US performance cars, but just not as many as Europe has on offer.

I have a list of 100 models of cars that I'm considering for my next performance vehicle purchase. ***79*** of them are from Europe. The other 20~ are split up almost evenly between Japan and the US.

The US has a problem of simply not having as many manufacturers anymore so there's a lot of consolidation in what's available, while Japan has abandoned the notion of fun in the 21st century, being the cucks that they are.

Grass is always greener, etc.

I never hated US cars I liked them for what they are. But then I joined Veeky Forums and meet all the delusional Americans who really believe that American cars are superior in anyway and spamming there "german cars are unreliable" bullshit every day. Since then I just fucking hate you guys and think that you are the lowest form of car-lovers because you believe your own lies and even ignore facts out of a blind patriotism. You would even love a massiv shit turd if it had a ford badge on it. I enjoy cars from around the world but you guys just killed American car culture for me.

No one competes with our muscle cars, trucks, and some SUVs. But the gooks and nazis have us beat in regular cars. Even normies know this. Not that bad to be honest

I always hated American cars, and the business culture that surrounds them.

They're always the ones producing mediocre vehicles, with tons of embarassing recalls, poor tire OEM choices, bad fit and finish, terrible customer service, they're never faster, and when they are they feel worse all around.

How is that an achievement? It has much higher ps/tonne and yet it barely beats the Miata

It's not self-hatred, I'm british. America is a third-world country and needs purging.

The extent of yuropoor car culture is Muhammed bin Durkadurk fucking your wife in your $2 povertymobile.

Everyone knows yurocars are synonymous with weakness, poverty, and failure.

Which American car (outside of trucks) do yurostans hate most? I need a new vehicle and I want to buy the one that pisses off yurocucks more than anything.

This actually is a serious question and is how I'm going to buy my next vehicle.

>barely beats the miata
>5 second gap on willow
>6 second gap on hockenheim
>7 second fucking gap on sachsenring
I've honestly seen closer lap times between the hellcat and sports cars and the hellcat can't even turn.

Because our government is corrupt as shit and allows manufacturers to lobby for anti-consumer, protectionist laws like the chicken tax and the 25 year import rule.

millenial numales.
We have the same problem with the Australians saying aussie cars are for bogans.
those city living faggots are the reason we have no Australian cars left... is kinda sad..

I like american cars, we've gone fucking batshit over the mustang in britistan but the american shitposting on here must not go unchecked, thats all.

LOLCANTTURN

muscle cars, because they hate you can get 400+ n/a hp for like 30 grand that will nip at or beat their 100k+ top tier sports cars on the track, and it will generally outlast the warranty period too

This.

Because most of the americans can only compare cars based on their HP or track performance.
And they called themselves car enthusiasts...

full size sedans like crown vics, because they hate you can buy a car for $1500 that has more usable space than their entire apartment

Veeky Forums hates everything.

>Why does this board hate the US and US cars so much?

I don't hate american cars. I hate the circlejerk over american cars.

I like both of these answers. Really considering a Camaro, Mustang, or maybe an H1 Hummer.

How do yuros feel about Corvettes by the way?

but circlejerking over any other continents cars is fine then... so you hate american cars is what youre saying

>but circlejerking over any other continents cars is fine then

Where the fuck did I say that?

Let's start by pointing out that this is still Veeky Forums:

> Mustang is an Amerifat piece of shit that runs on aids, and anybody who drives one is a fucking nazi who deserves to be gassed.

translates to: "Mustangs are cool, but I'm not really into them."

>How do yuros feel about Corvettes by the way?

The C5 is an underrated beauty. To me, the perfect car, which is why I am currently saving to import one.

>yuros like the C5
Damn. That was near the top of my list. Oh well.

Five seconds is an eternity on a racetrack.

If the cars were racing head-to-head, it would mean something like a 100 yard lead crossing the finish line.

At the same time, it's not really a fair comparison. You don't see motorcycle people saying a 1,000cc sport bike is better than a supermoto because it gets a faster lap time.

Europeans do exactly the same thing though. people who like cars such as the hellcat like it for the same reason people like the an aston martin vanquish. they want mass power with comfort and civilized luxury. its almost like in order to like a certain car here it has to have done something to defend itself benchracing-wise to shut the people up who would otherwise freak out as soon as they see it or throw ad hominems at you for why you could possibly like it.

I like the Oldsmobile Tornado for example and Oldsmobile in general. i do admit that i feel a bit more confident posting this car here because at least i know it set a record at pikes peak at one point which was incredibly fast and agile for a car of this size. that creates a
benchracer defense. lap times don't make a car for me but it is nice to not get shit on when posting them.

>hellcat
>luxury
burger delusion everyone

Luxury as in creature comforts and soft ride.

Most people who actually own cars here don't.

You think that's what Aston Martin is about?

No, it wasn't an attack on aston martin. they are both cruisers though and people want them to do just that when it gets down to it.

Nah, before anything else the Aston is a myth, a symbol. Nobody in their right mind would paid the amount they ask for them otherwise. And even if it had an inferior ride and creature comforts people would buy it.

>comparing aston martin with hellcat

That's why it's impossible to have a conversation between EU and US. We just don't have the same values.

Do you want quick and light or heavy but powerful ?
It's a dex vs str thing.

>muscle cars
"Muscle car" is by definition American made. It's impossible for one to be made outside of the US.
Just like American Football has a "World Series" where only the US participates.

I don't.

I think there are plenty decent American cars that I'd totally buy. Hell I'd say there's at least 2 cars I wouldn't complain if I had from each manufacturer.

Now that being said. Some of my favorite cars happen to be Japanese or European. Not to the fault of the US, but because they meet the criteria for the type of vehicle that I'd want.

Writing off every vehicle from a manufacturer because it is from a particular country is shallow and stupid.

Why do others on this board do it? Veeky Forums's culture is to be edgy and contrarian for no other reason but to upset others. They can't handle people liking things they don't like and act like they are """being objective""" by benchracing and comparing prices like they know ANYTHING about the products they speak of, other than stats, track times, and price, as if those are the only thing that matters.

because muh american muscle cars are unironically shit and can barely compete.

When I traveld from Germany to America it feelt like I endet in a third world country.
>broken roads
>shitty houses not even build with stones more like paper and wood
>average white male is 5.8 and overweight
So you proven here on Veeky Forums that you never even left your shithole of a country once in your life

>the most cucked country in existence by a landslide
>calling other countries shit

Neither of you have left your own country.

At least we still have a country.

mexicans and niggers

How about just not shitposting?

The modern German """male""" is the absolute epitomizing image that comes to mind when people think of yuropeen faggots.

Weak, scared, communist, and effeminate to the nth degree. Germans are even more laughable than Swedes.

How about not engaging in shitposting?

The truth too much for you friend?

I've been 2 times in America in my life, first was an exchange program for military university's and I was 6 months in West Point and the other time I did a roadtrip with 2 friends.
Some things really shocked me, I saw better roads and less homeless people on the streets even in fucking Bulgaria. People life in fucking parallel worlds there, the city are split in parts with nice neighborhoods and then the next neighborhood looks like Mogadishu. I'm happy to life in Germany.

Insomniac Minnesotan just sick of seeing the same shit over and over and over again on this board. Not car related in the slightest, other than saying nigger I'd rather keep pol in pol because retarded shit like this doesn't help the already sorry state of this board.
Think of the poor parts of the cities as /b/ and /trash/. Containment zones. Also we have an absolutely gigantic amount of road to cover, having it be "acceptable" in countiea where frost heave damages it severely is good enough.

The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines muscle cars as "any of a group of American-made 2-door sports cars with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving."

>define car category as USA made
>hurr durr no one outside of the USA can compete in the muscle car category

>twice as powerful car beats a miata
wew

>Being a hipster faggot

That's right, shoo away from the Corvette, you Nu-male piece of shit.

No its impossible because you didn't bother looking at the point that was being made and instead saw two badges being mentioned in the same sentenced got triggered by that instead.
>both cars are cruisers
>both cars are not track cars
>both people want different things out of these cars but it essentially boils down to being a comfortable cruiser which track performance isn't as relevant to either of these buyers as an EVO or STi buyer