COMFIEST POORFAG MOBILE

Fuck speed faggots, all I want is a high quality comfy and stylish car. Budget is around 5k could go a little over for the right car. Looking at a Lexus LS400 right now but having a hard time finding a low mileage one in my area. Any recommendations? Pls nobody recommend a shitbox audi that will fall apart a week after I buy it.

>Pls nobody recommend a shitbox audi that will fall apart a week after I buy it.- 0 post shown.
shut

all of the LS400s I have seen over the last few years are absolutely hammered to hell.

if you want top tier comfy and a decent car, I recommend any full size 2 or 4 door japanese luxury car from the last 14 years. my acura is top tier comfy, but I think it is lame to drive. That being said, my favorite car I have owned and the number one car I can recommend is a used lexus RX. Any generation will do, they are all extremely satisfying.

Done

>amerikeks can’t have all this comfy

Fuck my shit up, the best looking sedan of all time

Find the nicest 60s-70s landbarge you can and realize that comfy doesn't come cheap every time something breaks or the twice a week trip to the gas station. Also realize the supreme comfy that only the privileged know.

t. the man with no taste
>disregard the wheels

Anything Buick or Cadillac. If it's anything GM knows how to do right, it's make comfy land barges that take no effort to drive.

Okay Gramps

Honestly thought that was a dodge stratus at first.

hmm acuras look pretty nice but honestly as nice as a lexus... what acura would you recommend checking out though?

3k camry

Bump

Get a Crown athlete if you can bro

I wouldn't be too concerned with total miles on an ls400 if it's been well cared for.
Look for a 1 owner car with maintanance records.
For comfort I also suggest some Volvo's and Saab 9000/9-5.

2000's Chevy Impala. Super comfy, large interior, bench seat up front, huge trunk.

I rode in one of those once. It was very comfy with lots of passenger room.

90s buick. You could get a nice one way cheaper than 5k no one wants them but they're extremely comfy

Lexus > Acura

And where you located, you can buy mine

Look for LS430's as well. You can get them in excellent condition with under 100k miles for under $12k if you keep your head in the hunt. Just make sure you are aware you need to do the timing belt around every 100k miles.

Another option you should look at is the 05-12 Acura RL. Much sportier than the LS. Very powerful (310hp in later years). Actually built in Japan so it's not crap. Doesn't use the glass transmission in the TL. Has a ton of luxury features, and the SH-AWD with torque vectoring is God tier.
You can probably get into an 05-09 RL for pretty cheap, again, these take a new timing belt every 100k miles or so.

Don't give up! You'll find one!

Tpyota Avalon Limited might fit the bill....

Fuck huge. Outfitted as well as a mid tier Lexus ES. Comfy. Good power. Japanese doing Buick better than Americans do Buick.

Fuck no. That is how you stay poor.

Buying GM lux means you'll spend lots of money at auto zone, Firestone, and the local Puerto Rican illegal home gypsy mechanic to keep it running.

Only exception would be to find a single owner Buick park avenue with maint records (because intake gasket will leak as well as other stupid ahit)

>LS400-430
>keep your head in it
>make sure you are aware
>need to do the timing belt
This level of stress doesn't seem very comfy.

had a 730d. comfy, good mpgs, wasnt awfully slow (still slow). mine was very well loaded and in decent condition. lasted me solid 1.5 years without major breakdowns apart from leaking radiator hose, rear shock absorbers and some minor faults. and repairs are not that expensive as everyone says here. although im a eurofag,so prices might be different.

>comfy
>citroen
kek

Are the 2000s buick lesabres unreliable?

I just talked my brother into maybe getting one but he's moving to Michigan and doesn't know jack shit about cars

If anyone has any other recommendations they would be greatly appreciated, only qualification is that a 6 ft tall fatass could be comfortable in it

best friend had 2 after he totaled his corolla

they were built well and handled decently in snow, but they weren't the most reliable and could rust a bit. his head gsket went, and before that it leaked oil. he didn't know shit about cars either and my dad and I had to show him how to change a tire and his oil.

they were comfy as fuck and felt pretty damn solid for early 2000s

his newer Chrysler 200 feels like a cheap shitbox trying to look classy compared to it.

any panther.

Specifically Grand Marquees or Town Cars

Why did they never make a coupe?

That`s literally Europes equivalent to American landbarge interiors. Just look at those seats,

3800 Buick Lucerne. They were owned by old people and maintained well, are cheap to buy and have cheap parts.

>low mileage
>LS400
Who the fuck cares?
It's just a number, especially with those cars.
"Low mileage" just means "spent a lot of time sitting and neglected"

Seconding Saab and Volvo. You can get something really nice for 5k and they're reasonably reliable. Better than a Merc or BMW anyways.

And they all also use wallet-breaking plastic shit parts that breaks constantly. Come to think of it, thats European cars in a nutshell.

Seconding the RL i've got an 08 and it's pretty damn comfy.

Also takes twisty roads way better than a 2 ton car ever should.

They are really comfy, but the maintenance can be a pain in the ass if it was neglected. Also not sure if you care or not, but that 4.0 is an absolute gas guzzler so be prepared to spend loads on gas. I still miss mine though. Wish I could have kept it.

Nigger, I had to get timing belt done on my shitty Civic. It's not a big deal.

No plastic is broken on my 9000. I broke the vestigial bullshit cupholder on my 9-3 though.
My 9000 is about one of the comfiest cars I have ever been. Its not leather sofa float on a cloud towncar comfy, but the seat loves you and hugs you and if it could would make sweet sweet love to you all night.

Would love a Lexus but they're 90% automatics

This. Avalon flies under the radar, but it's super comfy, high quality interior, reliable and cheaper parts than something like and LS. Just sold an older 'ES, it was an awesome winter beater.

Get an sc400 instead

Roomy, up high, secure early 2000s CRV

Worst NVH of any car I'v ever been in, mediocre ride quality.

Any difference between these and a first gen Avalon?

Gen 1 Avalon is a stretched length Camry made in Lexington KY for the American market. LS is a wholly different beast, RWD luxury S-class competitor. Avalon is super comfy and well built too and ultimately a better choice for a self-described poorfag.

The first gen avalon is Fwd v6 sedan. Has about 200HP and is available with front bench seats OR bucket seats

The bench seats come with a column shifter which is dope af

XLS trim is the higher trim with leather interior

Overall pretty reliable car but is prone to sludge buildup if driven without letting oil heat up.
Mine had 90k miles when i bought it, crashed it at 130k miles

I've been thinking about moving from Lexus IS to a GS or LS. Just thinking I might enjoy having a cush ride with more space. Will I regret this?

You right, little noisy and bumpy

Roadmaster
Caprice
Grand Marquis/town car/crown Vic
Cadillac DeVille
Buick LeSabre

Looks nice bro where you at?

Horrible experience with that car, hated it with my guts

Lincoln Town Car
Buick Roadmaster
Ford Taurus

Lazy nigger

Full of shit, I get 21 city 30 highway if you consider that an absolute gas guzzler you're out of your mind.

Bad mpg?

I just did a 600 mile hwy trip in my LS430

24mpg at 65-70mph with the AC on max so it was like 64 degrees in the car, while 97 and sunny outside, and a trunk full of luggage and illegal fireworks.

That's pretty good in my book.

Yes and no

He LS is a benchmark car in terms of how solid, quiet, smooth, and comfy it is. But you'll lose the feel of the road that you get in an IS. I had a manual first gen TSX before my LS, and I miss it a lot even though the LS is a lot more car. The LS is also too big at times IMO. Still love the car and will keep it as long as it makes sense. Right now I need the largest sedan that is practical because I have two young children, and I need the room for car seats and weekend trips,matc. My next car will most likely be a GS, as the size suits me more, and my kids will be out of car seats by then.

I call bullshit on 30mpg in any flavor of non-hybrid Lexus LS, unless you keep it at 55 in the right lane.

Bitch just get a van. Big, couch-like seats, V8, floaty suspension, and you've even got a bed in the back so you can sleep back there with the window vents open for a nice cross-breeze.

Here's mine, paid $500 for it (Nevermind the ghetto plexiglass side window replacement).

Looks so comfy

It is! Doesn't get the best MPG (15 on the highway if you baby it) but it's great to load up and go on a camping road trip with the GF.

Spend $1500 on a Town Car and save the rest for gas.

I agree. 26-27 max under very limited hyper milling conditions.

I get almost 19.4mpg in town. Which isn't bad considering how many hills we have, and I have a lead foot.

Who gives a fuck. Gas is cheap. $50 a week gets me to work, errands, and whatever trips I make with the kids. An extra $20 if we go anywhere.

This or a Town Car because Panther

BUICK ROADMASTER

comfiest couchlike seats you will ever sit in, guaranteed. Also super cheap, and if you get 1994-1996, has the LT1 engine which is powerful and reliable. Mine has 209K miles on original engine and tranny. I also have a 1991 LS400 with 80k miles, and while the Lexus certainly feels more "solid" and well built, the Roadmaster is more relaxing.

I like the wood panel look, even if it's past its time.

Tell me you do not want to sit in this.

I like the wood too, but you can get them without it if you pay a little extra. And if you don't want a wagon, the sedans are super comfy too, but are a lot cheaper, around $1500. Wagon is best though, you fit 8 people, can sleep in it, can tow stuff, and there's a middle row sunroof.

Looks like something you could take a statewide road trip in

Do want

Yeah, my friends and I go on weekend trips all the time in it, and we're planning a road trip up the California coast into Oregon soon. Pic is my LS400, a great comfy choice too, but it took forever to find one in good condition and it was $5k. They are mostly trashed these days.

You and your friends are so lucky. I've wanted to have a road trip for years now but never have had any opportunity to do so.

I don't even technically own a car, I drive my moms old Toyota. Feels bad man

Well these things are pretty cheap and so is insurance since only old people drive them. Mpg is not bad either. I'm sure you'll be able to pick something up.

I am as soon as I can but in the meantime life is pretty shit.

Anyone have experience with a Volvo V70? I think I really want one.

Hi guys I have nothing to add I'm just lonely and I have a Lexus too

>Roadmaster is more relaxing.

>confirmed for never owning a lexus

our gs300 is better than a an iron heads LT1 buick lmao

>he doesn't know how comfy a rolling couch with a 5.7L V8 is

DON'T GET FIRST GEN RX300 THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS ALL GO OUT AT 100K

Fugg I've wanted a roadmaster for so long. What kind of MPGs do you get in that badboy?

Denver

I was planning on picking up a used Firebird, they tend to be under $5k.

>RHD
>Autotragic
That's the least european thing I have ever seen

I'll take a picture of them next to each other. The ride is comparable, and the Lexus feels tighter handling wise. But the roadmaster wins for comfort. The ls400 is a luxury sedan, but the roadmaster is the last of the American boats. It is also more powerful than the gen1 ls400.

I drive it to work daily, mostly freeway, and I average 20mpg

chrysler LHS, Mercedes W124, lexus GS. chrysler concorde. Depends on your size, chrysler neon (dodge neon in usa) is pretty smooth in 2.0 automatic.

the fucking rx, just like any other suv is defo not comfy, ride is very unsmooth. The only comfy suv i sat in was range rover.

user, as a fellow european board visitor I can tell you, you should feel lucky. You live in the fucking land of landyachts, your choice and options are a lot better than in europe. 90% of the used cars are manual 1.9tdi shitboxes or fucking baseline limos with a manual 3.0 diesel
>luxury car with that ratatatatata sound when it sounds never merged as a single image in my head, everytime i see that in my life I cringe a little.