/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

Chicken wings edition

****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newb guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>0.6.3 Live patch
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-063/

>0.6.4 PTS patch
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt064/

>Plans for 2017
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/whatsinthebox/

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums'
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - contact Rex1121
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Benlisquare
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact Prec

Previous thread:

I like that picture.

>OP picture is some faggot shitter instead of a bote

.6.3 Live patch

Is this reddit?

Sure do love dramafag threads

>You'll never polish her 18" guns
>You'll never rub her hull
>You'll never massage her rudders
JUST

RN BB line when?

14/88th for german cruiser citpussy best citpussy.

I want to be a sailor on Yamato! ! !

What drama thread?

RM BB line when?

>wanting to get detonated
>wanting BB line with main battery malfunction as their national peculiarity

This is what happens when you let autists make threads.

This is what happens when you're not autistic enough to make new threads 10 posts earlier just to beat a bunch of mememasters that think they're funny.

FTFY

Pretty

>Not wanting sink boats with 2.0 sigma
>Not wanting to heal more than any other BB
>Not wanting the most historical navy in the world

They're pretty clearly not all getting 2.0 sigma.

>>Not wanting sink boats with 2.0 sigma
>>Not wanting to heal more than any other BB
>>Not wanting the most historical navy in the world
Colorado checks all three

They should desu, would be great

Colorado fails to check the 3rd one at least also does not heal more than HMS Warspite.

No they're probably all going to be like the Hood.

>also does not heal more than HMS Warspite.
Colorado heals 0.66% per second.
Warspite heals 0.5% per second.

Doesn't it heal more from citadel damage too?

Colorado? No everything else is standard
Warspite? No. Same 10% of citadel, but 60% of direct damage received as compared of 50%.
You are thinking of cruisers, they can heal 33%

>French cruisers
>just vmf cruisers except can't snipe and bigger guns

Why can't Cruiser heal 120% of damage received?

Because broken fire mechanics

But the Hood is a BC

It heals more citadel dmg or something along those lines.

And to WG there's literally no difference.

>It heals more citadel
It does not. Only cruisers heal more citadel damage.
Warspite heals more AP/HE direct damage

>get raped in Shchors all the time
>can't bring myself to grind it further for the Moskva
>"oh and here's a new cruiser line that is just like VMF but is a bit faster"

So I enjoy the IJN destroyer playstyle. Concealed spearhead of the fleet launching torps into path of the enemy fleet. However it seems EVERYONE says this line is awful. Can you guys tell me why? I'm not really interested in the other lines so I'm hoping it's just overblown.

Play till tier 8/9 and you will figure out why.

awful torp detection.
If you want good torpedo botes go American

>Shchors myself as well
>my guns do piss damage against everything unless it's setting fires or unless I take IFHE (I took Concealment expert so I don't have battleship concealment)
>WG launches the french line
>basically the same ships but with speed boost and bigger more accurate guns
>""""""""""""innovative new lines""""""""""""

Yeah, I'm assmad.

>Kagero
>Tier 8
>2x4 torps with detection range of 1.6km(?)

>Benson
>Tier 8
>2x5 torps with detection range of 1.1km(?)
>good guns

Switched from IJN to USN in regards of favorite torpedobote. Hopefully that changes at Shima.

Every cruiser line is the same desu.
Maybe except for RN.

>French BB line still not released

American DDs are just as good at torping while also being useful in almost every other situation. Being a sneaky fuck who launches off a high damage strike every 2 minutes only sounds fun until you get there and realize it's entirely dependent on the enemy being bad enough to go where you predicted 45 seconds ago. You will get hunted down by everything because of your potential to do massive damage, yet you will rarely do massive damage because people aren't dumb enough to fall for your tricks anymore. Between the nerfs and the playerbase generally improving in skill it's just not worth it to play such a gimmicky line.

It's 1.7km.

Fucking NAutists dramas I swear

Behead those who insult Tioga

Come execute me on SEA.

Tioga is a trash player.

>Hopefully that changes at Shima.

yeaahhh not really
Even Kagero with Adrenaline Rush can gun down a Shima.

Better than you

If you get to the shima ignore your guns unless you are in smoke.

I just torp because no fucking point to shooting when you will get melted unless you happen to be against another IJN DD.

The US DD line is superior in nearly everyway now, sure your torps are slower but you have better guns, smoke too i think and firing arcs with quick reloads.

>trying to learn to torp in german DD's
>constantly pink because suicidal american DD's are always charging the targets I'm torping then complaining when they eat my torps
>Duh user you're not supposed to use torps ever just in case we decide to charge
>*translation* don't use your best weapons only I can use torpedoes so I can get all the kills then complain when I get teamkilled

How do you deal with this mindset?

Git gud.

post stats kiddo

Also, rule of thumb is to not torp if there are any allies anywhere near your target, because this game doesn't exactly attract the best and brightest

You're the one at fault there. Learn how to torp.

I meant in regards of being an actual torp bote.
Having 15 with 20k damage is rather juicy compared to 8 with 16k with what feels like the same MM.

Kill all your friends.

Is the Perth any good?
If so can someone please buy it for me I'm a poorfag

IGN?

F22xRaptor

Okay then. So apparently I'm not allowed to use the best weapons I have if anyone decides to get close to an enemy ship. Gotcha.

So what is my role as german dd? I thought it was a torp/gun boat hybrid but apparently I'm just supposed to use guns?

Tioga

They aren't moving faster than your torpedoes are, meaning you're the one launching at them. You said you're learning to torp. Keep learning.

GPD_Ongafa
Sorry for late response, was on the phone

check your email

Fuck it. German destroyer user here. Just had another teamkill. I'm firing from 7km but people keep running into my torps and they're nowhere near their tragectory when I fire them!

I'm deleting my V-170. This line is just not for me. I'm going to just play Russain DD so I don't have to worry about torpedoes anymore.

Try not firing from outside other people torpedo ranges?

Maybe you just suck?

>torps are slower
>by 1 knot

You don't understand I'm having the worst luck. I'm launching from long range then people come from around islands deciding to full broadside torp attack a battleship after my torps have been in the water for 10+ seconds and they eat my spread. Maybe this is just a problem in low tier but I'm really sick of getting teamkills when I actually am being careful.

>checked
>nothing
i-it's just WG being slow, r-right?

Try letting people in your team chat know you threw torps. This is what I do whenever there's islands and such and my teammates could turn into my torps without notice. Most of them won't read it, but if you get a teamkill you will have the excuse of warning beforehand at least.

This is true. Shame about the higher concealment though.

I'm grinding through the US DD line and I've only got a 4.5km torpedo range. While you have a long torpedo range, I only have a short one so I'm going to be trying to get closer while you can just chill in the back. It gets better at higher tiers when other DDs get longer range torps.

You hunt other DDs.

Then when all the other DDs are dead, you hunt cruisers/battleships with torps

>WAHHHH YOU RAN INTO MY TORPS IT'S YOUR FAULT
Requesting webm's of you so we can all judge together who was at fault. Trust me, it's fun.

I meant just in general.

Did you get it yet?

Bismarck's sensitive rudder!

I've wasted the first 3 decades of my life joining the military, playing world of warships, and being a pizza delivery guy, what do I do to get away from this game? Nobody likes me enough to play this game with me but I still can't bring myself to leave uninstall.

>thinking torping your allies is wrong
>not increasing your team's morale and efficiency by executing order 227 and torping cowards, traitors and defeatists
You know it's a team based game? So play like you're part of the team.

Server?

Players rushing the enemy are now cowards apparently. Only the brave have the courage to stay at the blue line.

Shit German dd moved to Soviet dd user here. Okay so what's the deal with these ships? Am I supposed to be destroyer artillery (is that even a thing?). How much of a punch do the 130s pack, like can I load AP for BB superstructure and cruisers and get good results or should I be spamming HE?

The role for these dd's is odd. I hear the term pocket cruiser but I'm not entirely sure what that means for playstyle.

You suffer until the high tiers. Then you zip around like an annoying cunt and pelt things to death at long range
the T4 DD used to be fun, but I haven't touched that since 5.something.

Speaking of vodka DDs, when is the Leningrad coming back to the store?

Nigga I don't understand. Just gunboat for a while in your KM DD and bully BBs and CLs. It's really not that hard. Once you get to around T6 you can try torping again when you don't face absolute mouth breathers.

Hot.

I want to touch it!

Still nothing, I'm on NA, not sure if that clarifies anything.

I'd say file a help ticket and get your money back, it doesn't seem like it's gonna come through.
Unless it's normal for WG to take over an hour with digital ship gifting

Check now.

Came through, Thanks a ton!
>Randgris
Holy fuck I've had you on my contact list for months but never had the courage to ask if you wanted to play, I just feel like an ass now

Uh I just checked my email and I didnt get it yet.

t.raptor

You can ask anytime. I'm a shitter anyways.

randgris why do u gift ships all the time to players and do you do it to a select few only?

I usually just give it out to the first ones to respond.

Totally dude, maybe we can play later tonight?
I've got finals and sleep deprivation but I totes wanna play, I don't get to div too often

Sure. I don't have a lot of botes below t6 though.

>when you get 145k in a Gaede and you and your divmate got 9 kills in total but you still lose

>he thinks the deutsche kriegsmarine needs caps to win the game

Because Rator just wants Kaga.

He was first.

Well if he wants Perth over Kaga, he can just tell me.

#freemyniggaraptor

I'm going to buy the Perth
Y/N

Seeing raptor miss all these giveaways breaks my heart. You know what? Have one on me. Check your inbox.