strawpoll.me/12843831
youtube.com/watch?v=Lf5Ymjn3z4w
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Crucifix of the Mad King
twitter.com/AnonBabble

boipucci

dragonboipucci

cross-posting:

God-King Lucifer !!ss9GITmavRN 35 seconds ago No.175267615

That's the whole problem, there is a bunch of shit in there you don't want to miss, the enemies are annoying (not the same as hard), and the sludge slows you down making it even more of a slog.

FIGHT CLUBS WHERE

Reminder that DS2 still has the best theme in the series

youtube.com/watch?v=vAVCkVclNR4

Reposting:

The reason why it feels so boring to replay Dark Souls 3? Too linear. The maps are certainly more complex and convoluted than Dark Souls 2's, but Dark Souls 3 is always, always the same thing: Cemetery of Ash, High Wall of Lothric, Undead Settlement, Road of Sacrifices, etc. It takes a long time before you get some choice about where you want to go.

Meanwhile, in Dark Souls 1, after the Undead Asylum, you could go to Undead Burg, New Londo Ruins, Catacombs, and even Blighttown if you had the skeleton key. In Dark Souls 2, after Things Betwixt, you can either go to the Forest of Fallen Giants or Heide's Tower of Flame, and you can make a detour by the Cathedral of Blue, AND you can go to both Huntsman's Copse and Shaded Woods very quickly as well.

Dark Souls 3 just gates you too much. I still think it's superior to Dark Souls 2, but I can see its failing there.

You get the bandit twindaggers two areas before so speed isn't an issue.

>not Dragon Memories

youtube.com/watch?v=FxaNt-NVo1c

no you see doing that would require him to be good at the game

sif is better

>replay dark souls one
>get past anor londo
>no motivation to do new londo
>no motivation to do lost izalith

Why do these areas feel so damn tedious. also lost izalith rapes my eyes.

That music opening coupled with sinh spitting out fire is probably one of the best moments in the series

new londo is great in a spooky way
and if you dont like it you can skip half of the area

izalith is gay though

What's your favored SL for invasions?

strawpoll.me/12843831

do the shortcut in Izalith, and New Londo isn't that bad.

It's more motivating if you plan on meeting Kaathe.

Well, maybe it's because my first experience with new londo wasn't that great and valley of drakes absolutely raped me.. I'll give it another go.

never got this meme desu

new londo, tomb and archives are completely fine areas

the only one that's truly awful is izalith

Oh fuck, the 'full hollowing reduces summon slots' thing is actually true. Just now I was summoning Paleshade and Gotthard for the gestures, but found that I could only summon one or the other at full hollowing.

Shame you can't "corrupt" her, her voice is just begging to be mind broken..

I use the lothric knight sword, and equipping a dagger just to spam quick step constantly is not fun. It's tedious. It's one thing when it is just a short area like near the cathedral giants. It's different when it is an entire swamp. '

It is doubly annoying since the rusted ring already existed in DaS1.

Neither is really an issue. You can skip 99% of New Londo, and there is only one item worth getting. LI was only tedious because of the dragon asses, but even those were just moved out of the way so you can sprint straight through.

It's just a personal issue for me I guess. I love the archives tho.

Archives is a pain in the ass if you ask me.

I'd rather do Izalith anyday.

how familiar are you with new londo as a map?

If you never learnt the tricks of the area I can see how it could get frustrating

I want them to rerelease DS1 for current gen so I can get my Duke's Archives invasion boner on again.

>no "depends on the area" option
retardo

>get darkmoon summon
>as I spawn in
>way of blue adherent has died
>well, fuck
>get back to my own world
>immediately get another darkmoon summon
>what the fuck is going on
>spawn in, two invaders in Crucifixion Woods
>start trying to separate them using crabs
>way of blue adherent has died(off-camera)
STAY ALIVE FOR A GODDAMN MINUTE WHY DON'T YA
Also why am I suddenly getting all these summons? This almost feels unnatural.

New Londo ghosts can be a massive pain in the ass.

How viable is the grand Lance?
Wanted to try a Felicia run

>hosts with

>start bluing it up for concords for plat
>kill my first invader in a 3v1
>feel dirty

I'M SORRY

Whatever you do, name it Felicia F Strong

Very unfamiliar, the last time I played dark souls one was two years ago.

What's the best build for Gael's blade? Currently running a pure 66 str build.

You can go to the statue of Velka in undead settlement to reverse your hollowing without fucking up your lord of hollows questline.

>He doesn't play on Xbox One.

the one where you hang yourself for using the 2017 dark sword

All you need to know is the sniper trick, and to know to look for vertical shortcuts.

>001
>no trips edition
Pottery

Use the Executioner's Greatsword instead.

You retard, the game only lets you summon one AI phantom for that fight regardless.

Neither can be dropped, why don't you kill yourself?

basically half the area is skipable in some way and once you unlock the seal you can do a straight run from the firelink bonfire to the boss room and only have to fight a few darkwraiths which can be run past without much difficulty.

die meta scum

Gaels gs is 40/40

>he thinks you can drop upgrade materials and spells
>a full year after the game has been released
You fucking retard.

I wish all the bosses in DS3 had as much depth and difficulty as the TRC bosses, or at least were harder.

o-ok, I just really like weapon art.

But I always summon both the paleshade and gotthard for pontiff just to get the gestures, what are you on about

I know it's fucking great and scary that Dks1 is still alive and invading on Xbox. The backwards compat is amazing.

There needs to be a balance. Vanilla bosses are squishy, but DLC bosses are spongy. There needs to be a happy medium.

>I wish all the bosses in the base game had all the improvements that the bosses in the DLC got from feedback on what was wrong with the bosses in the base game

>want to make an edgy pure dark build
>all the good edgy kid weapons are dex weapons based on scaling that suck raw

Have you not figured out you can combo into it off of an R1 for 1000 damage?

If you guys don't know yet, you can get infinite re-specs by quitting the game after reallocating your attributes before you leave the chat with Rosaria. I wish I did this on my first character

Close. youtube.com/watch?v=Lf5Ymjn3z4w

Just become the murkmaster

Did you find out from Reddit?

...Yes? I mean I know it's never going to happen, but I can wish things, can't I?

Am I scum for using Yhorm's?

No, why?

I know it's fucking great and scary that Dks1 is still alive and invading on Xbox. The backwards compat is amazing.

We did know for ages, then some prick posted it on reddit and now it's all over youtube too. Now it might get patched.

TRUST NOBODY

Where to invade for Mound Makers? Thought Farron would be cool but it's all just ganks with no other invaders in sight.

but dex weapons are the edgiest

I run a dark/dex build with 50 int + murky staff + 40 dex + frayed blade, it somewhat works and I'm the edgiest kid in town

Yeah thank you reddit, for fucking patching it. Thanks for giving me even more reason to despise the fucking sight for being retarded

>mound makers
EVERYWHERE.

It's not patched yet.

Twink
Being a loose trigger who acts out on a whim is more fun when you're also the beefiest guy in the room

Why the fuck are you getting every single drop in every slow walk area of the swamp

A good farron keep speed run is flat ground sage ember and estus shard, flat ground torch one flat ground torch two, pull crab for dusk crown, flat ground run to mushroom scroll, flat ground run to slug pile and dog ladder, quick step to torch three, flat ground run to perimeter bonfire, you can drop from atonement to the gold scroll and homeward

Optional grabs: fashion rag, fashion knight armor, sun talisman, guts sord, iron flesh, pharris

Hershey and Londor invade near flat ground if you want manikin claws and Hershey's drops.

Literally git gud and stop passively walking through the entire swamp

Dark LKS is pretty good on that sort of build.

Need some (((tech support))) on Xbone.
Is it possible for me to backup save files? If so, how?
I want to make a couple variations on my build w/ different SLs.

Using the GGS is cheating.

If you cheat against me I will curse you.

Time to roll dsg.

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Crucifix of the Mad King

>being this bad

>not playing 5d chess against yourself with enemies, cops, reds, mads and raspberries as your game pieces

>left hand weapon rolls
lol what do you think this is, dark souls 2?

Mound Makers was such a great covenant addition. I just wish they'd been a bit more creative with the rest.

They should have made purples real wild cards. They should have been able to kill the host before the boss to win, or if the host cross the fog they should have been able to help kill the boss to get their rewards (friendly fire being switched off in the boss room).

It fucking will be you moron since some retard decided to post that shit were a goddamn community manager, who can speak to the devs daily about it, goes their. And it's all over YouTube now since everkid wants their upboat "XD".

I know.

But believe it or not, there are people out there so bad at this game that they have to resort to using the GGS.

>yet
Key word here. If some asstard hadn't leaked it, then it never would have been.

Lvl?

I can't use any online items and I have no idea why.
I can see blood, ghosts and messages. All my summon/invide items are greyed out and I can't use them. Nor do I see any signs on the ground.
Matchmaking is on and there is no PW.

Ah, I see. I'm currently running through it, I just need the ember and then I'll take on the four kings. Even got the jagged ghostblade. I wish I would have waited with placing the lordvessel tho, the darkwraith armor looks pretty good in this game.

You're can't even make webms right

Have you considered necking yourself?

ember

It was a good idea, but bad in practice. I'm not much of a summoner, but I've never been desperate enough to summon a purple. If I see a purple sign, I ignore it. And invading as a purple is suffering too. I did MM recently to get Warmth for some funsies, and I've never been ganked so much in all my life.

Hosts and other reds and aldrich's all just kill you. Like I said, it was a good idea, but it's shit in implimenation.

>mages are weak
>down scaled phantoms are too strong!
>Sorcery deals no damage

what is happening here? did you just 1 hit curse him or did you just leave out all the other hits you got to add buildup?

Farron Keep is easy shit compared to Blighttown. I went in expecting Blighttown 2.0 and was pleasantly surprised by the mix of slog, exploration and fighting. The three elder ghru that drop Pharis' gear were kind of a pisstake, I guess, but I just cheesed them from on top of the bridge with a longbow and fireballs dropped on their head.

Butthurt GGS user detected.

Get cursed, faggot.

1 hit curse. If you cheat against me I will cheat against you. It's only fair.

He's an assblasted cheater. What do you think happened?

moundies is the worst covenant in the game while it had the highest potential

only people that summon purples are braindead morons who will never summon a purple again after first try, gankers or people trying to duel

moundies should have been a pure invasion covenant that can help boss with the level/boss or kill the host. If he kills enough enemies, he'd be sent home with reward similar to small white soapstones, but also "wins" if he kills boss or host

If you're in a safe zone (Firelink, boss room, certain corridors) you can't use your online play items.

Otherwise, if you were a fucking retard and kept DCing from online matchmaking, then you might have been locked out because of that, use your Way of White Circlet.