Wargames General /wgg/

Previous Theater: >What is this?
A general for all strategic, operational, and tactical wargames that can't generate enough traffic to sustain their own generals. ARMA need not apply.

>Attention Grabbing tags:
/wgg/ /sdg/ /rtt/ /rts/ /rtsg/ /tsg/ /mowg/ /mowassg/ /ctag/

>Example welcome games:
Steel Division: Normandy 44
Wargame: Red Dragon
Combat Mission
Call to Arms
Flashpoint Campaigns
Graviteam Tactics
Theatre of War
Men of War
Command: Modern Air Naval Operations
Armored Brigade
Close Combat
Steel Panthers MBT
CMANO

>Introduction to Steel Division:
paradoxplaza.com/steel-division-player-guide/

>Graviteam Tactics Downloads:
pastebin.com/TwMLZQ6h
pastebin.com/cgWbuPSS

>Interesting history links:
Cold War military technology ads:
vintageadbrowser.com/military-ads-1980s
/wgg/ misc Cold War literature:
mediafire.com/download/zfm69f0k91pmf0y/wgg-lit-v1.3.rar
The Soviet Army: troops, organization & equipment
fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm100-2-3.pdf
USMC intelligence North Korea handbook:
fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nkor.pdf
Everything there is to know about the T-62:
thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.my/2015/12/t-62.html

>Teamspeak server
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>MoW discord
discord.gg/watM75d

>Legacy Wargame General pasta and game-info repository:
pastebin.com/70Nwcb5m
dropbox.com/s/lon0cgmjfqwq1oi/WargameRD_Hidden_Knowledge_Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0
docs.google.com/document/d/1UvBiH3lrCFzLYnRzNzF49yVtaNHYLfi7dgMpNE517RM/

Other urls found in this thread:

matrixgames.com/products/483/downloads/
youtube.com/watch?v=DTV92wqYjfA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How is storm of steel?

I'm only halfway through it, but it's good. Kinda feels like I'm reading All Quiet on the Western Front again, which I guess means that All Quiet is accurate.

Operational Art of War 3

Is it any good ?
Sheer amount of scenarios in various periods make me very anxious to try it..

Stop playing WWII games

>keeping the shitter discord
just remove it and keep ts3

The discords chill as fuck.
I hate discord and that one actually has interesting people who actually have intersting discussions. Are you that buttblasted anime shitter?

It was a quick copy paste job desu

ahah animemefags btfo

TOAW4 is coming soonish afaik.

>Anime is tasteless
He's not wrong.

I wonder who could have it in for the Discord

To the user who wanted a Flashpoint Campaigns torrent

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0762D77D182F788A0EADA354C14D4D461242A9D0&dn=Flashpoint_Campaigns_Red_Storm&tr=http%3a%2f%2fbt.t-ru.org%2fann&tr=http%3a%2f%2fretracker.local%2fannounce

Unfortunately it doesn't include the big update and DLC, but still should be fun.

Thank you based jesus.
Any source on CMANO 1.11 or newer version than 1.0 im stuck with ?

You can chill in your fucking discord and circlejerk the shit out of eachother but don't bring it here. This place is anonymous for a reason which is something you redditfags seem to not understand.

To the user who linked a mega install of RTW it had a keylogger in it.

wtf I love discord now?

I used to be in here back in the days of ALB and RD release. Haven't been playing since before Netherlands and other DLC hit. Everyone seems to hate Red Dragon in the previous thread while I remember it as Airland Battle with just more factions and units just fucking ignored naval bullshit. What happened? Did they fuck it all up in subsequent patching? I was thinking of getting Yugoslavs and getting back into it.

According to the slavs you should be able to download the patch off of the official site here and install it using the crack for the base game

matrixgames.com/products/483/downloads/

We don't hate RD, or at least I don't. I just got tired of it.

But fuck if Eugen didn't fire up the ole' pay-to-win model with those DLCs.

>Anime fag is still buttblasted that his anime circle jerk discord got shit on after he threw his tendies
Anime is a disease.

It's not the balance I hate, it's the fact that Eugen made it possible to check people's W/L ratios, which means you have teamstacking that's worse than before.

you mean it revealed the teamstacking that was always present?

Friendly reminder that Madmat has played Steel Division for 30 hours

scrubs found a new, simplified game to latch on to.

but stats make teamstacking easy to identify?

Oh ok.

>but stats make teamstacking easy to identify?
Not really, you could pad them with losses very easily. All that happened was teamstacks kicked competent players that joined their game.

There is literally nothing wrong with discord and anime.

friendly reminder that devs use alt accounts and play the game at work

>combat mission devs will never ever stop being ultrakikes and jewin' their niche playerbase instead of moving to steam and acquiring shittons of new players

If I wanted to get into War in the East without prior wargame strategic level experience - is this a shit idea / are there babbymode stepping-stone games / should I just go for it?

Most of what I've played previously have been tactics based, not strategy (MOW, graviteam).

Still better than those "reviewers" that gave Rome Total War 2 10/10's and haven't played for more than 2 hours or haven't won single battle.

Sure, but this was key so you don't end up with a team of absolute shitters as well.

Stop being logical.

>be me
>would buy the shit out of their games
>don't because I really can't be bothered dealing with non-steam bullshit
They're really jewing themselves here. I'm sure the lost revenue from steam would be 10x covered by new players.

Please don't remind me. I preordered that pile of shit. I thought it was going to be the successor. I imagined the polish of Shogun 2. My biggest ever waste of 80$.

> Fucking hate Battlefront.com but they make pretty decent games
> Always enjoy Ostfront and modern stuff more than Western front, just personal preference
> Decide to buy Black Sea and Red Thunder for 50 dollars each because shit I will have fun with this
> Red Thunder is really bare bones and doesn't even have the fucking SS in game yet
> Black Sea is great with 3 factions but you would think that they would make some more DLC for this because shit it's topical as all hell and like Shock Force but not terribly lopsided
> They just keep churning out Western front shit over and over again. Vehicle pack for Normandy, new expansion for Italy, completely new game for Ardennes
> DLC for Red Thunder and Black Sea literally never

What the FUCK is wrong with them

They're greeedy shallow fucking cunts stuck in their tiny little echo chamber they call "forums" populated by stockholm-syndrome mental patients

I think they'd have to declunkify their games and change their business model to not charge for literally everything. They're happier fucking your dad and his friends over for their hard earned cash.

there are a good amount of small to medium sized scenarios that can easily be managed by someone new. The main draw of WitE is the Grand Campaign though, and that is a fucking gigantic beast with all the units you have to manage from 1941-1945.

>Having an anime profile pic and having at least 10 pictures of little anime girls should be a warcrime
Prove me wrong.

>Having an anime profile pic should be a crime

Alright lads, once more for old times sake

youtube.com/watch?v=DTV92wqYjfA

It should yes.
It's about as bad as being a cuck.

I accidentally a meme arrow

>there are a good amount of small to medium sized scenarios
That's reassuring to hear, thanks. Yeah, the grand campaign is where I'd like to end up, but I could see myself getting overwhelmed with the complexity and scale off the start. Guess I'll pick it up then though.

Reddit vs /wgg/ Steel Division when?

why bother we already know the outcome

>TFW you have the east german Flag covering your bookcase

It's ok, I'll make it interesting :^)

>reach a few hundred hours in multiplayer
>realize you never played a match of single player
>start a campaign
>very cool intro, cool campaign map
>spend 15 minutes choosing the best sectors to put the best units in
>battle time
>enemy arty knows the perfect positions of my guys
>have a very good recon heli up in the air
>nothing exists that could spot me
>AI zergs me and my guys literally run out of rockets for all their vehicles
>after steamrolling my defenses, which can halt a real player in MP for a considerable amount due to the unit spam, the AI seems to 'know' exactly where my CV is and they rush towards it
>exit

I forgot how shitty the campaign experience was.

When the game is released.

I'm sure there are reddit in-houses already

It's for the best, I don't want to know how many hours I have in their games.

>reddit
>playing in-house
Back in RD they only ever played stacks, too high a chance you'll lose playing a balanced in-house.

/wgg/ as Allies because only redditors play as krauts. You cannot deny this.

>/wgg/ plays obscure allies like the Poles, French & Canadians exclusively
>destroys the cream of the evil nazis

I'd watch.

>Poles, French & Canadians
>obscure Allies

Nigguh wut ?
Obscure is shit like Turkey, Brazil or South Africa.

>Hearing of Canada before steel division

Maybe if you are some historical illiterate..

user. I didn't know Canada existed before steel division.

What an obscure little country it is.

r/SteelDivision is that way

>hysterically wingeing like women about anime on Veeky Forums in spite of the thread topic

FOW (Fuck off Weeb)

With any luck, one day someone will create a FOXDIE-style virus that will kill all the weebs. The world could be a slightly better place.

Yugoslavia is fucking amazing. Entente (Yugo+Czech) I'd unironically the best redfor deck

RD has enough players to find games every night.

>He likes little girls screaming in Chinese cartoons
Just so your aware normal people who come to this thread don't, because they aren't faggots. Anime fags are littrally as bad as furrys and 90% are white dudes over 20. It's honestly pathetic. Fuckoff back to you continent board on /a/ or wherever you retards hang out at.

>America might not have the best divisions in Normandy
>Despite being the only ones to break out in a timely manner

What did Eugen mean by this?

I though other divisions had much lighter landings and a much easier time. My history might be rusty though.

Dear Combat Mission Friends,

How are your campaigns coming along?

Love

user

stop shitting up the thread with your samefaggotry, immigrant

What did he mean by this

>Americans
Spent months to slog through Hedgegrow Hell/St Lo against the 3rd Fallchimjager and a handful of half-dead infantry divisions.

>Brits, Poles and Canadians
Faced off over open territory against the best German panzer divisions this side of the Vistula River.

>Americans
>have the army specifically trained and equipped for speed and manouver
>get stuck in rough terrain that cancels any of their advantages and where bunch of half brained retards could defend itself against such army for a fuckoff a long time
>60 years later some faggot on mongolian basket weaving board thinks they were bad soldiers

Wew lad.

>Yugoslavia is fucking OP
ftfy

Once we got off the beachhead we were able to relatively advance quicker than any other nation in normandy. Hell we took half of France while Monty was still bogged down around Cean

Idk faggot, you're the one saying the Commonwealth soldiers were the shitters here.

>you're the one saying

I just came to the thread you dense retard.

>we

What is OP about Yugoslavs exactly? I heard Matzo eaters got a Spike ATGM in a recon squad, but what could Tito get to become OP? It seemed like to me they had even less technology than DDR.

It's not hard to break out when you've got almost nothing facing you. Not shitting on americans either but that was the new plan anyway.

Tito has a 100pt heavy recon tank with stealth technology, and the ability to shoot down fucking everything with SAMs and planes

I'm american, what's your point?

i love their tanks and and air defence. they also have the rocketbuggy from C&C generals

jews had the maglan dominating for quite a while until they nerfed the squad size and stealth after fireing their ATGM

You think they would but:
>T-55s and M-84s (upgraded T-72s) have great accuracy (60%+ for most cases), the most durable and capable variants of their kind
>Insane non-RAD AA (being NEWAs and Gophers), and other RAD SAMs with great accuracy that can establish a brutal ADN
>Shock troops get time travelling 112mm AT launcher, one of their transports are death dealing M113 clones with recoilless rifles
>Other good infantry choices, lots of spam
>Killer recce M-84 with cloaking technology
>Decent Mi-8/Gazelle gunship loadouts
>Air tab easily has some of the best ASFs and CAS options in the game
They're obviously one of the better Red factions since most of their units can actually hit things, and have premium pricing. They're also paid DLC, so naturally they will be good.

>rome 2 release

just kill me now the pain is too real

Would anyone be willing to take on a couple games against me? I'm mostly immigrating from CoH/CoH2, so I have a vague idea of what things should do but I'd like to get someone who knows what they're doing to provide some feedback. Or could I upload replays somewhere? Like a database? Or is that a CoH thing?

The Divide et Impera mod for Rome 2 actually does a very good job of salvaging the original product, if you're ok with realism autism and I mean this is fucking Wargames general so of course you are.

what's there to prove? The two reddits are already taken over.

A further 10v10 will just be #ANZ removing anti-weebs.

Go to the teamspeak in the OP.
I'm pretty sure people are playing right now and everyone there is really helpful. They helped me get gud.

>tfw AE never ever

>The Divide et Impera mod for Rome 2 actually does a very good job of salvaging the original product,

You cant salvage something written on that shitty engine.

>overcome my crippling social anxiety and talk to real human beings over a microphone
OR
>sit in comfy chair with no human contact and wait for death

Does anyone else wish there were names for some of the more obvious locations on the maps? Villages, hills, major crossroads, etc.

Villages will have names in the final game, in the singleplayer at least

>Graviteam
>load up a scenario
>enemy forces have ~6 Matildas, and ~10 Valentine tanks against my nothing (literally nothing, everyone with 1/4 ammo) with a couple of tigers 6 turns away
>load up Russian perspective
>only get two Matildas, no fuel, against a significantly stronger Germany than that I was just controlling
>basically, a completely difference scenario
pleashee send helb

i am too shit for this scenarios

Defend the motherland, comrade.

Death right?

Taranovka encirclelment breakout? You should have one Pak 40 that is able to take out both Matlidas and Valentines so take good care about it and try to reserve some of your supplies for it. Nevertheless it won't be enough so prepare for a lot of maneuvering, you have to choose your battles. Use forests to hide and move your platoons, attack enemies where soviets don't have armored support. You main mission is to push west and secure your position until SS LSAH comes to help you (which happens ~ turn 5). They may take different approaches but they should attack with Tigers which should relieve a lot of pressure from you. The beauty of this game is that you have to do exactly what you would have done in real life situation, and you will succeed (which also means that if you see a tank squad rolling over your positions and you have no AT weapons, you should just hide and save your life). Good luck Her General.

loling at asshurt redditors.