I want to get into car repair

i want to get into car repair.
but i don't drive or own a car.
how can i get experience working on cars, or similar machines, and what tools should i buy?
my budget is $100

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PVs_xZ46Cxw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buy a good mechanics set of socket wrenches

Socket set, followed by some decent screw drivers. Read up on how engines work, then tinker with your moms lawnmower.

is 2nd hand a good idea?

If theyre were used by just the right combination of normie and full blown mechanic then sure. Slip too far to either end of the spectrum then the teeth might be fucked.

if they have some sort of lifetime warranty sure

This op, youll never make it in the world of car repair, its a dog eat dog world. Get into small engine repair, you can pretty much master the art of 2 stroke in under a year. Theres more lawnmower and chainsaw stores in a city then youd think.

thanks for the tip Shogun

Want anymore tips? I have fuck all to do today.

1/4 ratchet 1/4 socket set 1/4 extension set
3/8 ratchet 3/8 socket set 3/8 extension set 3/8 stubby ratchet
1/2 ratchet 1/2 socket set 1/2 extension 1/2 breaker bar

wrenches in metric and standard

screwdriver in flat, phillips, and torx, or a torx socket set for ratchet

Pliers, cutters, vice grips, zip ties, wire strippers, electrical tape, jack (stands), and maybe a hammer on a bad day.

Buy a toolbox, a good set of socket wrenches, and basics like needle nose pliers, a utility knife, crescent wrenches, rubber mallet, etc. Also get a good oil filter wrench. Start listening around for people that need work done like oil changes, wipers, air filter, serpentine belt changes, and so on. Work your way up to spark plugs and wires, break jobs, coolant flushes, interior work, etc. GOOGLE AND YOUTUBE ARE YOUR BEST FRIENDS. Use them. And always remember: use the right tool for the job, dont even waste your timr otherwise. You'll just destroy things and waste time. And if you're unsure of a repair, sit and think on it for a while. Being too hasty is how you break shit and make things 10x harder.

Oh yeah, get some good screwdrivers too, in a set. Avoid ratcheting screwdrivers. Magnetic ones that take drill bits are fine, just use quality bits.

and to add, be sure to get stubby screwdrivers. Theyre fucking useful for dash work, and adjusting the carborator.

No point in working on a car if you don't know how to drive. Learn how to drive. You'll need to do that to diagnose problems and test fixes. Don't bother with anything else until you can take a car out on a public road legally.

He can still replace parts if someone else test drives the car and then tells him what to do.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WE GOT AN EXCUSEFAG HERE!!!
OP can still work on chainsaws and lawnmowers. Hell even 4stroke shit, or unregistered offroaders.

yea bozzzz
want can i practice on to get good at auto electrics?

You have to be 18 to post here

Lego. No seriously shits pretty straight forward until you get into tesla reddit fag territory. Which im guessing the motor industry is heading towards, so maybe not the best field to get into.

Anyways, learn to read circuit charts, learn how to multimeter and know some basic electrical conversions. V=IR and shit like that. The rest is crimping wire and replacing shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=PVs_xZ46Cxw

Volunteer.