Hydroplaned off the interstate yesterday

>hydroplaned off the interstate yesterday
>fucked up my car but somehow still drives (barely)
>called the insurance expecting everything to be sorted out
>on mommy's insurance with full coverage
>insurance called back saying I have liability and won't be covered
>tfw

Other urls found in this thread:

thermidormag.com/my-hometown-is-gone/
huffingtonpost.com/k-danielle/i-saved-a-bunch-of-money-on-my-car-insurance-by-switching-my-gender_b_4379710.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>3k civic

How on Earth do you think you have insurance that costs $300+/mo when you're paying $40/mo?

So pay out of pocket to fix it like i did. What are you, poor?

That sucks man. Your mom will take care of it though even if it puts her in debt or ruins her day.

Also full coverage costs like $150/mo

His mom covers it obviously

post pics senpai

The best part is even though you got nothing out of it, your accident is going on your insurance credit rating because you asked them to cover it.
Enjoy your 150% insurance rates for 10 years for literally nothing.

>drive snap overmemester
>never snap overmeme except on track, because I am not a retard
>worst damage is cat climbing on car and scratching it
feels good not to be 18

>full coverage for 3k civic
66 bucks with 2 tickets on my parent's insurance.

now 100 for my s80 v8.

>driving some tongues on mount sirubachi, japan
>literally in the most reliable toyota vehicle ever created
>see some niggers hanging out in forest
>shinto priests
>fuck yeah.jpg
>literally nothing happens
>but shinto religion now grows on me

what went wrong bros?

>insurance that costs $300+/mo
I have comprehensive on 2 cars (truck and a sports car) as a single male in my 20's with nobody else on my policy for $150/mo... With a major insurer (no 3rd party shit) Pay any more than that and you're getting buttfucked with no lube.
>insurance called back saying I have liability
This tells me you don't owe money on the car...
Take the gun out of your mouth and replace it. It's just a car.

(((insurance)))

I'm a single dude in my 20's and I'm $70/mo for the bare legal coverage on two cars.

I'll get some hate for this but it's 2006 BMW 550i. Paid $148 a month

> bare legal coverage

what a stupid fucking idea

What did he mean by this

It's a fucking great idea if they're paid for and have no significant equity.

Until you kill someone or an uninsured asshole hits you and tries to blame/sue you. It's not all about the cars value. Jesus, I'm only 23 and this is basic shit, I've seen it happen to guys like you. Please man you really need to have at least some liability/injury/etc coverage

I'm about to get a used car off craigslist myself for commuting to and from school. I go to school in upstate NY, but live in Queens
>Mom tells me if I get in a car crash that they can sue her and possibly take all her assets
>Scares the shit out of me so I start looking on how to insure myself, would have to use loan money to do it though
>Think it can't be much maybe 50-80$/mo a little higher because I'm a 22 year old male, with his first car

>Geico in the NYC area to cover a 4 door, 4 cylinder VW Jetta
>505$/mo
I nearly had a heartattack and went into a depression for a whole week

>Try it again but my dorm as the address. Same car
>175$/mo
Still pretty fucking steep and I hear Gieco likes to change its rates

>State Farm
>190$/mo

>USAA
>Get referred to Liberty Mutual

>Liberty Mutual
>Get referred to Progressive

>Fucking Flo refers me back to Geico

How the fuck is a young person suppose to do fucking anything, if Insurance companies want to charge more than I make in a month for bare minimum coverage. Its not like I am looking at V8 Mustangs here. I am looking at base lancers, Jetta/Passat, and Mazda 3's from early 2000. And I would be paying twice what I paid for the car in insurance in 1 year. It makes absolutely no sense!

>Just going to hope that parents are mistaken about people coming after them for assets if I get into trouble.

Who is your insurance carrier?

Define Upstate

Insurance fag here. I live in Canada, but typically American states and all Canadian provinces require at least legal liability coverage. It's insurance intended to cover the expenses of OTHERS, not yourself. That could include legal fees for a lawyer(s) to defend you against a lawsuit, but it could also help contribute to medical payments that someone else incurs as a result of your driving.

What most people with a shitbox will choose NOT to pay for is comprehensive/collision coverage. That means there won't be any payment for THEIR OWN car if it gets wrecked - they'll have to pay for repairs themselves, or simply be out of a vehicle if it's a total loss. At that point they might scrap it or sell it as a parts car, but it's usually a piece of shit worth a few thousand dollars at most.

That being said, I've witnessed at least one dumb arab fag completely destroy a 2014 Charger that he bought brand new - and only had barebones coverage. Basically he lost $30,000, assuming he could sell the car for a few grand in parts.

If your car is worth more than $5K, collision/comp. is a good idea. Premiums shouldn't be that much more.

If you want to pay extra money because you don't understand the law, go ahead and do it. I don't have the patience to explain to you why it's fucking stupid.

Utica. That a pic of Cato you got there?
It sucks being upstate without a car. Its all highway, the public transit sucks and there is absolutely nothing to do.
What insurance do you use? or do you know one good for young people?
I don't want my folks going broke or losing assets because I get rear ended or something(still not sure if any of that is true)

No FUCKIN' way!

That's where I'm from!

Your parents aren't mistaken, if they're co-signing for the policy or they're the principle policyholders and you're listed as an additional driver...

Look at different cars, you'd be surprised by what some makes/models end up looking like to actuaries. VW Jettas might be especially bad because they're typically driven by younger, less experienced drivers. Ergo, more accidents and more claims. Actuaries note this, and figure there's a higher risk involved with insuring you, and they seek to mitigate losses with higher premiums.

Surprisingly, some small SUVs are cheaper to insure than cars. Look at CRVs and RAV4s - there's a ton out there and a lot are driven by cautious seniors.

Pickup trucks are also quite cheap to insure, though they're bad on gas if it's a commuter car.

See if your college is partnered with anything insurance companies too, some schools offer student discounts. My alma maters had partnerships with TD Insurance, which gave me a huge discount (like 40% cheaper than competitors).

>2006 BMW 550i.
no, my condolence. it was on it's way out either way.

I kind of feel (very) bad for you, there is nothing in Utica.

Just get a AWD or FWD shitbox and basic insurance that will protect you and your family. Explore Upstate before it's a total loss.

were they all tailgating?

this guy got it

Who knows, but they're all Chinese so probably. The "stereotype" that asians are bad drivers is not a myth - it's factual.

Too bad we can't adjust premiums based on race.

>If your car is worth more than $5K, collision/comp. is a good idea. Premiums shouldn't be that much more.
I the cutoff around 10k but now we're just arguing about preferences. In my experience, comprehensive / collision increases policy cost by 50 - 90% depending on location.

>Too bad we can't adjust premiums based on race.
HAHAHA insurance companies in the US blatantly do this.

i-it's not racist, it's just statistics.

If the car is worth $10,000 and you don't have $10,000 in your bank account...hopefully you have another car stuffed up your ass just in case.

And the reason your premiums would be higher is because you'd be insuring a vehicle worth +$10,000.

Vehicles which are worth less are far cheaper to get comp/collision on, because if they ARE wrecked, the insurance company is paying far less out to you. Plus, they know there's less chance of you putting in a claim on a vehicle that is old and beaten up. Just the act of filing a claim makes work for the insurance company, which takes time and ultimately money for them to deal with it. I know because I'm an adjuster, and we get people filing claims all day thinking that if we don't pay out on anything, their rates won't increase.

If I spend 6 hours fucking around with your claim, the company has already lost a few hundred dollars of profit from your premiums. They'll get it back by increasing your rates, or removing your claims-free discount (if applicable).

Smart people know this, and with cheap shitbox cars, they usually never file claims unless they're a total write-off.

You can also fidget with your deductible amount - a higher deductible will lower your monthly premiums.

>impaled
>cut in half
>burned
>crushed by a truck
overkill.

I'm trying to keep it to something small with 4 cylinders at most. I need something that sips gas. Do you know anything about a Mazda 3/Protege or Mitsubishi lancer(not evo)?
Asking because every time I do a quote these insurance companies also run your credit.
>Not only do I have to play around with their system to figure out which shitbox is okay for them
>But at the same time they fuck up my credit

I mostly try to avoid American and Korean vehicles because of reliability issues I've heard of.

>See if your college is partnered with anything insurance companies too
The reason I checked Geico first. I had a 3.5 gpa and apart of an honor society. I'm suppose to get a discount, but it doesn't seem like it.

>Was trapped on campus all last year. Couldn't leave and anyone with a car had all the power
>Couldn't even go to walmart to get shitty 60 second meals so I wouldn't starve when campus food facilities closed down at 7pm
>Would have to buy underage kids with daddy's money beer
>And make 2am walmart runs while we were out
I have to get a car for my own sanity

insurence jews are by far the worst jews

>they make insurence mandatory
>all insurence companys can charge extortionate prices and refuse to pay you as much as they want
>they all do this
>mandatory
>nomatter which jews you pick is the same

No more or less discriminatory than using GENDER to determine premiums.

>statistically women are involved in more accidents/file more claims
>but they're smaller/less severe incidents

>statistically men are involved in fewer accidents/file fewer claims
>but receive more citations/tickets
>and when they do have accidents/claims, they're more severe and involve total losses, deaths, and extended legal and medical costs

Ergo, it's been deemed acceptable to charge men more than women, especially if they're younger. We have a combination of age and gender discrimination - but they're justifiable from a purely statistical standpoint.

That being said, I'm thinking of contacting my insurance company and telling them that I now identify as a woman, and would like the appropriate rate decrease for being a brave trans woman.

I haven't heard of anyone doing this yet, but maybe Veeky Forums could start.

>hopefully you have another car
I do... I'm on Veeky Forums ... Doesn't everyone on here have a daily, a bike, and a truck... Minimum? Joking, but only a little.
>You can also fidget with your deductible amount
Diminishing return beyond $1000 deductible.
>With cheap shitbox cars, they usually never file claims unless they're a total write-off.
That's why I put the comprehensive threshold at 10k. Any less than that and the increased premiums make it a waste of time, even if you're not prepared to drop a check for 10K at the drop of a hat.

That's no way to live, even if you're a poorfag college student.

I live in Texas now. I know you don't live there permanently, but, in Utica - you don't need a car to get around, you need a car to get OUT.

For what it's worth: I was in Utica last month and I heard they have Uber now

There's lots of fun stuff to do in Upstate NY but you have to drive to it. Go camping in the Adirondacks, drive-in theaters, festivals, petting zoos, the beaches. You can't do any of that without a ride. Highschool and college kids always get fucked over with rates because they cause the most accidents. I had to use a bicycle all through my college years. I couldn't afford the insurance.

I think a better representation of Utica is the church that was converted to a mosque.

If you live in New York, I'm assuming you're looking at cars for sale in your state.

Stay away from Mazda3s/Proteges if that's the case - they're rusty little niggers. I owned a 2006 Mazda3 here in Ontario, and it rusted terribly from the inside out.

Mitsubishi Lancers are plentiful and parts are cheap/easy to find, and most mechanics can work on them. Unfortunately, older ones are almost always private sales by some swaggot or dumb single mother, meaning they haven't been well taken care of.

You're smart to avoid small American cars - they're all absolute shit. The older Focus shared 90% of its parts with the Mazda3 and Volvo S40 (same platform), and all three have the same problems. They're not overly reliable, though they're simple to fix and parts aren't expensive.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but the newer Elantras are quite reliable (like, 2011+). Otherwise, a base model Civic with a manual transmission and roll up windows would be your best bet. No one will want to steal it, parts are cheap and available, there's less shit to break/go wrong with fewer features, and it's still a reliable commuter with storage space that sips gas.

All cars rust up here. If you don't want yours to rust you have to get it treated with Krown.

>That being said, I'm thinking of contacting my insurance company and telling them that I now identify as a woman
You are a fucking hero in your own time.
We all need to do this tomorrow and sue them if they say no.

Yes lol the hiijra is in full swing through Utica. $2M federally funded drone-building program for refugees only, etc.

thermidormag.com/my-hometown-is-gone/

Plus the car scene is shit.

gtfo with that secretive confusing religion, buddhism is where it's at.

Also, something something cars something something

>That being said, I'm thinking of contacting my insurance company and telling them that I now identify as a woman, and would like the appropriate rate decrease for being a brave trans woman.

Bruh that's actually brilliant. Leverage the liberal guilt to save money.

Unless they start rating trans people under a different actuarial table and rates go up 4000% because your average xer is a fucking basketcase.

>tfw my neighbourhood is still white
>tfw one mixed race couple moved in across the street five years ago
>wife is some fat gross white slob
>husband is some skinny arab manlet who never goes outside
>everyone in the neighbourhood deliberately ignores them and makes them feel unwelcome
>now they just stay in their home and don't try to talk to anyone ever
>hopefully they tell their friends that this hood is a racist hate machine

Realistically, they'll just say they're basing the rates on "SEX", not on "GENDER". Even though every insurance application I've ever done asks for "GENDER", and uses what is listed on your driver's license.

The key would be to get your DL listing you as a transwoman. That's GOVERNMENT ISSUED, they can't argue with that.

huffingtonpost.com/k-danielle/i-saved-a-bunch-of-money-on-my-car-insurance-by-switching-my-gender_b_4379710.html

This tranny changed its gender from Male to Female (keep in mind Male and Female are sexes, not genders) - and got a discount.

You don't even need to chop off your dick.

this looks shopped

Your telling me. I don't even live there on a normal basis, just for school

I'd have to get a car or I'll be spending another year stuck on campus with nothing to do. All the local kids go to their homes an hour away, and the kids from the city disappear to Syracuse.

Most of the craigslist car ads up here quote "typical NY rust" in their ads. But I really can't complain with a 2k budget. One seller put up an ad for a Mitsubishi Mirage for 1600$, and said they repaired/welded the rust underneath the car. Then 5 days later posted up the same ad, but said everything runs fine.
Which is why Mazda and lancers for their general reliability. But Civics go way to fast. They sometimes get posted for a few hours before they are snatched up, especially for a good price.

>newer Elantras are quite reliable (like, 2011+)
Can't get a newer car, to pricey. I look at manual transmission specifically as an anti-theft choice.

It sucks but going to have to bite the bullet and take out more loans for insurance

So did your mom get the money or what?

USAA

>I hear Gieco likes to change its rates
It's how insurance companies can offer lower rates to get customers but a few months later, the rates rise to what they actually wanted it to be. Progressive does the same. It's how they play the insurance quote game when prospective new customers shop around for the lowest insurance rate.

To get around the discrimination laws for denying you insurance, if the insurance agency doesn't want you, the USAA will refer you to their PARTNER such as Liberty Mutual but if lib doesn't want you they refer you to their partner Progressive. But if Flo doesn't want you, she tells you to go to their partner Geico and they somehow give you a 500/month offer.

Picture: Flo did other things besides Progressive. Progressive bought up eSurance but never a whiff of the mascot from eSurance on the advertising.

>I haven't heard of anyone doing this yet, but maybe Veeky Forums could start.
Frosty/Claire has changed.
He can tell us about his new insurance rates.

>That one poor fucker on the bike looks like he might get away
>CHOPPED by the fucking sign pole from behind
Jesus Fuck

GOD DAMNIT WHEN THE FUCK WILL THE LEARN, WHY WON'T PEOPLE UNDER 5'10" JUST LEARN?

WHY