Etrian Odyssey General

EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS
>EO V Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EOMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

>EO V Skill Simulator
waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
jii.moe/EkvsTrdY-.html# (Class Skills)
jii.moe/VyvBiy6dW.html# (Race Skills)

>EO V item and quest translation list
pastebin.com/c4uzKptj (Item list)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz2FGmL0QpE2-Qkb8zz-t_MP_WEpDo6gzlA29-wJIDw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 (Quest list)
pastebin.com/8sJhutN7 (Conditional drops)

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
>EO V VA list
pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs

>EO V Game & DLC.cia link
mega.nz/#F!XkJiHBIb!vzL2CLjZZVA-yAGS7UZgdA

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=https://www51.atwiki.jp/shinsekaiju_maze/&sandbox=1
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PDFaED7rQCdZjpC6fKFvbRhtRvsI1YAc2Cr9hBI0oQ0/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Starting EOU right now, choose my party.

Also, fuck. EOU4 had tables with all enemy information, skill numbers, damage formulas, etc. Can't find anything about it for EOU.

I never use lolis in any of my teams.

But I respect your right to use them.

Might as well call every EO game a remaster if you're going to pull that card.

Now for real, is anyone asking for EO3U looking for a pre-made story party over just an updated and rebalanced EOIII?

EOu is treated like a red headed step child by dataminers it seems.
Here is the best I can do for you (but it's not really in depth and google translated to boot):
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=https://www51.atwiki.jp/shinsekaiju_maze/&sandbox=1

I would like to try both

What do you mean by that?
Just in case, I was referring specifically to FRLG, HGSS and ORAS

I actually forgot that FR/LG was a 10+ year old game.

Both

Thanks, I found that one, though it seems it's not data mined but instead hand-tested.

By the way, a question about EOU, does armor/weapon speed modifiers work the same way as previous games? I.e boots giving 4 speed, shield giving -1, etc.

Afaik yes - characters with boots are noticably faster than thosewithout them. But that's also only hand tested.

Btw. Armor got even weaker than it was in EOIV - it now does nothing at all against TEC damage (or it does such engligable amount that random damage eats the difference).

Infliction rate also got a rather big change - for whatever reason TEC is now more important than LUC (and all infliction classes get some TEC gear to compensate, even Dark Hunter).
(In EO2U it's finally LUC exclusive and TEC gets a bit less bloated...)

"thoughtful" is pretty much as hard as turn based games can get without becoming completely unfair.
It's not like you need twitch reflexes or muscle memory since you have always as much time as you want to make your next move.

I'm actually interested in the story advancement they make.
Both Untolds set up some interesting new technology that got used as safeguards or in tandem with the trees.
Even in EOIV it was mostly just "World is dead? Plant tree." even if there were some complications that needed the insect.
But in the Untolds complications were expected and they prepared accordingly. Together with the Armoroad Yggdrasil Tree being sentient that could make for some interesting lore.

>airship in IV is shit
>sailing in III is acceptable though
Please help me understand.

It's acceptable because it's not forced.

A shame you seemed an honest man

I like Etrian Odyssey (世界樹の迷宮, Sekaiju no Meikyū) video game series.

Whats wrong with the airship?

>Therica A
>removes Bindings

>Therica B
>removes Ailments

Why is this allowed?

A dangerous opinion to have on here, friend.

Borderline obsessive love or bust.

Because it's alpha and beta, not A and B.

Those still represent sounds.

*your duty

I want to play EOV

>wants lolis

I prefer adventurers

I want to play EOV in English on my 3DS.

It's shit.

If we don't see a trailer at e3 it'll basically be time to give up all semblance of hope wont it lads?

But before that we have the Japan focussed stream on May 20th.
No EOV announcement then is a given.
But since we will also not get anything about EO3U or EOVI we will finally know that the series is dead.
A localisation of EOV would be a wonder at that point.

So get your nooses ready, guys.

My favorite bunch of designs.

Whoa look at her go!

NENE WATCH OUT THERE'S A MONSTER BEHIND YOU

Is EO in jap manageable like Monster Hunter or nah?

If you memorize every skill and enemy and item it's easy

I really want to play Etrian Odyssey V ;-;

Do I need a japanese 3DS to play EOV without altering my system?

There are ressources out there that translate skills and quest objectives but you will miss a lot of stuff - mostly anything that is going on in terms of story.

While EO games are light on story there are still way more words than in Monster Hunter.

So whats the big deal then? People aren't playing EOV because they don't want to miss out on the story? Just man up and play the game in nip you faggots lmao

Don't worry, there is a log in its way.
If five people are unable to climb a pile of rubble to get further into Gladsheim and instead have to find a magical transportation device a monster surely can not overcome such a blockage.

hello all
just got EoIV after enjoyin the demo.
im very new but have read the Faq/guide basic stuff

i know this game is balanced and all, but should i bring a sniper or rune inmy first/startin party. They both have interesting skill trees. i know there are only 6 classes to choose from at the beginning but i can use any advice on the under/over of sniper v runemaster.

>Arm Bind somehow doesn't stop the Baboon King's party wide nuke

Not like it wants to land for me all fight in the first place.

Aren't party wide phys attacks leg dependent?

I was fishing for arm bind since its main attacks outside of the nuke are arm based.

There are seven classes to choose from.
Fortress, Landsknecht, Nightseeker, Sniper, Runemaster, Medic, Dancer

Anyways - Sniper is useful in the second stratum for leg binds but it's not too bad if you have none for that. Their damage usually is middling and their infliction rate is on the lower side.
They are a middling class.

Runemaster has consistent high damage that can get around high VIT values and they can even make other elemental attackers deal even more damage (Landsknecht Links, one Nightseeker skills, some skills in two of the unlockable classes).
Definitely a very good class.

Pro tip: bind everything
If you aren't playing M in these games you'll get your shit handed to you

>tfw playing EOV

Im playing untold 2 on a cfw 3ds. Is there a way to update and get dlc stuff like portraits and highlander or am i stuck with vanilla version?

I'll try.

Free exploration but landscapes are empty as fuck. Only puzzles are about movement but in tiny areas.

Sailing, limited exploration, and the whole see is a giant movement puzzle.

caim pls dont murder the potatoes

I spy kadoshima

>Sailing, limited exploration, and the whole see is a giant movement puzzle.
Not to mention it gives you a bunch of money, optional quests and Limit skills (the equipment is hit and miss).

The caves you unlock in EOIV are not all that optional - if you don't do them you will be severely underleveled whereas sea quests XP are nice to have but not essential.

Here's enemy data at least.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PDFaED7rQCdZjpC6fKFvbRhtRvsI1YAc2Cr9hBI0oQ0/edit

EO4 had all the damage formulas because it just reused EO3's stuff. No one knows how to read EOU's code to find out about that.

Why is fang such a slut

So we're all in agreement that anyone too casual to play EOV in nip shouldn't be allowed to post in this general, correct?

>he still has hope

What if you play EOV in nip with the exp dlc turned on?

Yeah, I love playing menu simulator with absolutely no idea whats going, there's no atmosphere or setting since what usually sets the tone is incomprehensible to me.

Welcome to the real days of dungeon crawling kid.

I just want my fucking waifus atlus, is it that hard

>middling
Thank you so much
going with D/L/F first row
R/M SECOND

>No more gays
>No more games
You can only pick one

>bunnies
>waifus

Isn't that just bestiality?

They are not animals though

>switch has no touch screen
eo ded confirmed

It does though?

Do you have a switch m8?

nice lies

I tried to enter my email and shit using the screen and all I got was cheeto paw prints

You know the 2DS XL is coming out, right.

It does though. Also pointers when you're using the dock which obviously means it will get Trauma Center. EO is ded torever.

EO isnt dead stop being so negative i fucking hate you guys fuck

we're gonna get an announcement at e3 or maybe even before then and then im going to laugh at all of you for being such faggots just you wait

No more games ;-)

>we're gonna get an announcement at e3 or maybe even before

We WILL get EO5 in the west.

I BELIEVE

>EO isnt dead stop being so negative i fucking hate you guys fuck
i agree, this general is so fucking whiny it's absurd. it's nothing but shitposters here.

EOU 1 is certainly better than the original. But it makes me realize how much better EO 3 and 4 were in terms of improvements.

EOU still has all these bloated skills who all have 10 skill points despite it not being needed. Look at taunt in EO4, it's only 4 points max, it doesn't need to be more. Provoke in EOU is 10 points max. Line Guard from Hoplite in EO3 functions as both Rear Guard and Front Guard instead of being a 20 points dump for your Tank, etc.

I can't agree more. There's no reason for all the fucking bloat. It's certainly better in Untold because masteries unlock level 1s in skills gradually but I still don't see why a field skill that's only purpose is to see FOEs on the map for a limited time has a max of like 10 SP.

>filename is not "eo2u ronin"

Yeah and EO5 is probably even better than 3 or 4

what did we do to deserve this fate famalams

Not being shitty waifu social link simulator

>EOVI introduces loli dating mechanics

Be honest, would you really mind all that much?

With Himukais new and improved tastes of creating big brown busty babes I can honestly say I would much rather have my face sat on by a toned brown female monk who wants to laugh at my dick as she gives a harsh handjob too

Yes I would actually be seriously upset by that kind of trash being added to a great series.

Depends on how gutted the rest of the game gets, if it goes waifu or nothing road like FE then it's better to die

Has FE really become that bad? I was thinking of getting into that series.

>tfw EO3 b24f

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Won't call it bad really but it's really unimpressive, putting focus on waifus instead of making your AI not fucking retarded is not how you make a game.
Moot is dead, just like EO in the west

Some of the gameplay changes in Fates were actually alright imo like weapon durability being exchanged for more pronounced pros/cons, but the maps are either extremely gimmicky or retardedly basic, they very rarely hit the middle ground of challenging and fun.
Also the AI sucks, but that's haunted the series since forever.

It could at least suck less and not do ebin things like rushing your single unit it thinks is the weakest one even if that unit can singlehandedly murder the whole map

this thread is ded unlike EO in the west

EO x Va-11 hall-a when

any of you faggots play wizardry?

Is the SFC version of 6 a good one to start with?

How is a medic not obligatory in EOU? How do you keep healed otherwise?

It's the same shit as the PC version, just with better graphics and different interface. The translated version is literally the DOS text patched on the ROM. I'd stick to the original because keep your party from 6 to 8.

Thanks.

Also, what is this about the two different versions of 7? Apparently the gold version is worse the the original or something? Is the one on steam the gold version?

I think you get both versions if you buy it on Steam.