Someone change my mind about crossovers

I literally like them. Also understand I'm more into sports cars for fun cars/weekend fun. This is about a general commuter I really like the idea of a crossover and see no reason why some shitty sedan would be better. Help change my mind as I'm in the market.

>liking crossovers
Post tits. You're obviously a woman.

Your average hatch has more interior room and better fuel economy along with handling better, having shorter stopping distance and is much less likely to flip. Not to mention those new Mazda 3s are pretty sexy.

To be specific I'm talking about subcompact crossovers. I should have mentioned that.

It applies especially to the subcompacts. A shitty hatch is better in every way. I tried a few and other than the truck seating position and arguably better view, they are all cramped and feel like being in a trash can.

Go try some and a comparably priced compact/midsize hatch. Maybe throw in a sports car in between as a pallette cleanser so the car doesn't feel so low after being in a crossover.

I mean don't get me wrong. I'm not hating on hatches and whatnot. The only thing I can really argue is that I absolutely need the height and lame awd. The only ones I have tried were the hrv( bigger fit) and the trax which literally was like you said a trashcan

I also want something I can go to beach trips / camping etc .My other car is a full sized Taurus and the fun car is a 350z

I'd almost say go with a small truck, but that isn't great for beach trips unless you like 350z tier mpg, which is what the average crossover gets, and only bring the boyfriend. It does give you awd and ground clearance though and some actual utility.

People like their crossovers, but the whole thing is one big compromise and you already have 2 cars that do most of what they do.

My dude I'm a dude so no bf lmao. Yeah I'm fucked....I have the Taurus which gets boat mpg, the 350 which gets rocket ship mpg for the size it is. I need something with good highway mpg and small but has decent utility. The hrv is good when I T tested it...hell maybe an outlander sport.

Rent a fucking jeep wrangler for those trips. Why the fuck would you buy a third car just for that?

Go for the dykemobile. It's actually a good car and I'd swear leather seats are standard in Subarus. I couldn't give up 40mpg on the highway, but light off-road capability would be nice sometimes. Or if you hate money, sell the taurus and get an outback with the 3.6 and a 3k Civic for daily driving.

Renting a jeep wrangler for 2 days nearly every week? Are you stupid?
I'm actually coming from a Subaru. I'm not happy with it. It hasn't been as reliable as it should have been

get a early 90s american mini truck and a camper shell

Stop thinking you're gonna go camping that much. No one does that.

I do that. Why is it implausible for you to understand that some people have active lifestyles. I go to the beach/ hiking nearly every week sometimes even camping

I used to go out every other weekend about 8 months out of the year and still hike most weekends which takes some sketch 4x4 trail driving around the side of a mountain.

Also I'm going to need it mostly for commuting. I'm tired of jamming all my shit into a clapped out compact sedan. So I'm looking for something to do both

Then sell the Taurus and get a wrangler. Or a used range Rover from carmax with the warranty.

Are you some kind of shill? Fuck that place. Range rover is shit for everything I need. Why are you even on here anyway...you know literally nothing about cars.

I know more than you do faggot. Post your local Craigslist. How much can you spend?

You don't know shit. Go away.

>i want your help Veeky Forums!
>i don't need your help Veeky Forums
What a fucking retard

Have you heard of these things called minivans?
They do exactly the same thing as a crossover but are priced lower and have more room and better utility.

Minivans are not cheaper than crossovers

But a used Odyssey is a better buy than a hrv or crosstrek

Remember the 90s caravans?

But minivans are out of fashion, user. CUVs are all the rage now.

get a wagon.

They even made an awd version in the 80s

Wanna hear something funny?

I'll give you my two cents.

I've been browsing the crossover market bc my 96 cherokee croaked. I wanted something comparable but modern: clearance, cargo, compact, maybe a little power why the hell not.

Problem is, you're getting maybe 2 of those TOPS. Subaru cross trek looks dece, has 10" clearance, small, but SHIT power and just about nothing that can improve that except a wrx engine swap.

Rav4, edge, crv, Equinox and the rest all look the same and have maybe 7" clearance. Tiguan has 200hp but shit clearance and I couldn't find anything but 'spacers' to fix that.

Literally the inly option for power+clearance+size is a wrangler, and during the week you'll look like a tool

Oh I member