/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>someone say edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>tfw no tip
youtu.be/tmxP6_CI_GY

>cammed idle
youtube.com/watch?v=Ek4SFHt9gdk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZjR1HNrL0w

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

neworleans.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=honda&sort=rel&max_price=2000&auto_drivetrain=1&auto_transmission=1
houston.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=honda&sort=rel&max_price=2000&auto_drivetrain=1&auto_transmission=1
youtube.com/watch?v=8s3BS-cCVgk
jalopnik.com/the-2018-honda-accord-is-a-manual-fastback-1796919514
newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/d/honda-prelude-miles/6206266252.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How does the collage work?
See pic related.

reminder: accord reveal tomorrow at 8am pst

What should I do to this new baby, 03 CRV

Civic still stronk. At 350 miles on my current tank so I expect some pretty high MPG. Corolla overheating again, though. pls stop

NSX Type R reveal when.

I'm hoping for a surprise Fit Si reveal tomorrow and/or [spoiler]CRX revival[/spoiler]

wtf spoiler

So I'm thinking about getting an accord v6 2011 for 12k. Should I go through with this? It's got 69k on the odo

kek no spoilers allowed on Veeky Forums

I got another Capital One letter saying I'm pre selected for auto financing.

>oh boy I hope it's Honda
>Chrysler Dodge Jeep

D R O P P E D

kek, wasn't aware. never tried to spoiler before on Veeky Forums. chrysler dodge jeep a shit

There is also supposed to be a definite S2000 successor confirmed for 2018 or 2019. think we'll see any of that there?

japcrap

For the same money you could get a much nicer Mercedes that will be faster and pull more bitches.

gtfo. this is not your general. go shitpost up somewhere else. jesus fucking christ i'm tired of you mercedes faggots coming in to every nonrelated thread.
would be nice, not even sure what the event is outside of the accord reveal

Attempted to clean the steelies, didn't turn out so great. I think I'll just repaint the hubcaps when I have the time. Or maybe I'll repaint the steelies.

>Fit Si
>CRX
>S2000

Dunno if they're crazy enough to show all three at once if any are true.

Just paint the steelies silver and find some Honda center caps for them.

I'm also considering painting my wheels. not sure what color yet (probably white). I've got 3 extra center caps if you need them.

Oh snap

Trade it in for a manual one or at least join the collage see 40 mpg on my last tank

If manual yes

Kek what happened

Don't think I'll ever hit 40 MPG without doing a ton of highway miles. It should be high 30's, though.

I wish my co-worker would hurry up and get some money. I told him I would drive him to Houston in my hatch to buy a Honda so he can throw away his Chebby Malipu.

excite

>ready to weld on rockers
>"O Ya, just tear out the rest of the rust spot on the passenger side there, Echofag."
>tear it out
>frame is rusted to nothing inside the hole

NO
FUCK YOU LIFE
I'M DRIVING THIS FUCKING HONDA HOME IF IT GODDAMN KILLS ME
IT'SGETTING GODDAMN FIXED LIKE IT DESERVES.

Splash some naval jelly on there, hide it, and forget about it.

Problem is, this car has to last 4 years minimum, and as it stands now it won't last the half hour drive home. Trying to come up with a plan, going to put something into action tomorrow.
Fuck me.

Why are we here
just to suffer?

Fuck that, I'm tired and sick of suffering.
I'll get an old bed frame and see what I can do, it's got thick metal that will hold very strong. I'll see what I can do with that. This Civic is going to die in a burst of glory years from now, not rotting in a yard.

>wheel balance and alignment
>go to set hoist
>pic related
Nope
o
p
e

>Honda will never westernize the S660

Between this and Echofag's predicament, I'm never living in the north. Yeah the roads are lame here, but my EG will live forever or at least until a crossover crumbles it with me inside.

oh fuck

Saltlands is just survival mode on hardcore difficulty

I'll stick to my babby mode. I know people that have never been to the Gulf Coast like to think salt from the water nearby would make shit rust but that's not really possible. Anything that rusts here never really goes beyond surface. Though I left my aluminum jack out on my patio and both pistons got stuck closed so I had to trash it. I should have kept it inside. kek

I think it was just the constant wind here with the rain.

bro there is SICC hubcaps on amazon why do you need to go all the way to houston for a honda?
dam dude that fucking crunchy

The Hondas here in Louisiana are way overpriced and not as abundant.

neworleans.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=honda&sort=rel&max_price=2000&auto_drivetrain=1&auto_transmission=1

vs

houston.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=honda&sort=rel&max_price=2000&auto_drivetrain=1&auto_transmission=1

Also wanna meet a bunch of Veeky Forumstists that live in the Houston area. This would just give me another reason to go there.

Speaking of rust and godforsaken water leaks. This is a photo of the passenger rear side truck, looking down, just to the right of the spare tire.
The circle in yellow is around plastic body plugs like those used in rust proofing holes except these are about 1" in diameter. They fill a hole in the body metal and allow access to the rear bumper but also leak, for me on both sides.

got muh window moldings in teh mail today for my honda prelude

fuck are these expensive but this weekend hopefully I can rip the doors apart and replace the trim so it looks nice

Rip

Rip to you guys too
>rust posting
Is this a new meme?

When are you gonna do the side skirts? I remember you posting last thread. I like the color btw

Worked on the thing real late, and while there is a lot of original frame missing, there's a lot of good metal welded in, the Civic is now structurally secure now. Hell, it looks stronger than the factory stuff.
And God can go fuck himself with a toothbrush, I'm driving this car happily for the next 5 years, at least.
Just gotta get those rockers on.

Or, you know, you could buy some wheels.

Prime it.

Can someone here recommend prelude as first car? For daily driving
Mostly interested at ones with h22
I need something reliable and comfy in winter, but speed is a nice additio

'11 Fit is likely being replaced with a '17 GTI, I'll let you know if the sale goes through /hg/ familioli

You're finally getting rid of a car that was made for lesbians and librarians, good for you.

Not him but I think the Fit Sport on alloys is kinda cute.

new accord was revealed. what did I think of it?

It looks like that big ass grill's gonna eat you.

cause it's gonna eat the competition

Its a fun car and all, but the highways of texas arent very fun with 117bhp. It's a great little autocross machine, but I'm finding myself enjoying highway pulls more and more, so GTI makes sense for a college boy-racer

The hood lines of these new cars bother the fuck out of me. Not sure if I like it or not. The 9th is gonna be hard to beat in terms of looks, though.

It's not pretty, but it is better if you bump it into something, that CM with the fender reaching right over the bumper is bullshit. 9th gen was goat

These turbos on the Accord, how reliable is it? Will it last 15+ years with minimal maintenance?

also, honda posted this today. I don't think we're getting a fit si bros
youtube.com/watch?v=8s3BS-cCVgk

side skirts are still coming in the mail, then I'll have to find a guy who can do the work

True. Don't think anything can be done about it as I'm sure it's a law now. First noticed them with BMWs. So did they say how much power the higher trim will have? All I know is it is mostly the Type R engine.

My new co-worker has a new 9th gen V6. 2handsome4me.

I need to clean up my sideskirts. Just wanna hit them with paint. Probably matte black for durability like I did my fog light covers.

>autotragic
no thx

nsx face does not go on family sedans

I'm not exactly sure if I want it, but it's a fastback and will have a manual transmission.

195 hp 1.5L turbo
252 hp 2.0L turbo

I wish they turbo'd the K24.

jalopnik.com/the-2018-honda-accord-is-a-manual-fastback-1796919514

I'm sure they will be extremely reliable; if the fuel economy is 20 mpg, I'm sure these turbos will last at least 200k miles. I bet these turbos aren't even close to reaching peak power; I imagine with the Accord and CTR you can get 350 hp with a reflash.

Repairs will be more complicated.

accords have always been a bit too big for me, but I'm actually really liking how this new one looks.

I wish I could spray paint mine and have it look better :c

repost of old pic from old thread but yeah

TGIF

I actually started getting Accords because I needed the room when I was still delivering newspapers; now that I'm no longer doing that, I'd much rather own a Civic. I don't travel with people, so there's no point in having a CM5, now, and I'm no longer used for errands at Papa John's, so I just bear with it and make the best of it.

5th gen prelude has H22A4, manual has H22A or something similar if you can find them

source: am shill prelude owner

bonus pic, the exhaust before it was changed out on mine

But is it good as a 1st car?
And does it match the things I listed?
>I need something reliable and comfy in winter, but speed is a nice addition

I think it meets those requirements. It's one of the higher horsepower 4 cylinder Hondas you could get from the 90s. It's basically Honda's GT car of the time without getting an Acura. Has big comfy seats, tons of interior room, 200hp, and easy to work on because FWD 4 cylinder.

Word up spics

So what's the best piston rings to run on a turbo b16a2 everyone says they need upgrading, but no-one tells me a make or name...

Nice, thanks for info user
I guess that sets my mind on prelude

Anytime bro. Haven't met a Prelude owner that hated their car so I think you'd enjoy it too.

what do i search on craigslist and why is a prelude a better first car than a civic?

everything Shungu said

make sure to take care of one if you buy it, it's an easy first car but if you don't take care of it, it won't take care of you

it does match your requirements and as long as the /transmission is cooled using a nice fat oil cooler if it's an earlier 5th gen automatic/ you should be doing ok

5th gen 97-01 honda prelude

also mfw the car I'm posting about, recommending, is my first car

newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/d/honda-prelude-miles/6206266252.html
is this a good deal?

great price, I'm curious what's under the hood

for the paint and cosmetics being like they are at that age and price from the pics, that looks p good

my only concern is unknown mechanical problems or some kid slapping shit into the engine bay thinking it makes the car run better

the transmission should be smooth when driving and shifting, and shouldn't slip (slip when you go from one gear to another, the engine either revs unnecessarily or takes way too long)

the little key slot in the front odometer area, there's a square. that should be green.

the oil in the car shouldn't be empty af, the dude should be maintaining it, esp at 145k

I like the paint color, and the interior is cheaper to replace, not being beige like mine.

can i ask him to drive with me to a mechanic to check it out? what would i ask the mechanic?

ask when the timing belt was changed

does the power steering work without making annoying noises

does the AC work

and does that car have VTEC

Cars these days look so mad

I miss simple designs like this

I've been seeing a lot of clean examples of those lately the unloved ones are dying.

Not that user, but if you're not too good with cars I would suggest taking it to a mechanic, and if he for you to take refuses walk away. There's something wrong with the car that he doesn't want you to see. Ask your mechanic to put it up on a lift and check for leaks, also check to see how the boots are, and the motor mounts.

>can i ask him to drive with me to a mechanic to check it out?

some people will, some people are jews

if not, do your absolute best to assess any issues with the car, and if you can, check under the hood.

in that pic is my engine bay

red hooks up to a stock black tube that clips to a black air filter box. the air filter shouldn't be dirty. that's a sign of bad maintenance

yellow is the distributor cap. that shit can leak and it's in charge of firing the spark plugs. you can fix that if it's leaking but it shouldn't be trashed

green, those areas can leak oil too. these fixes are cheap to do yourself (all the seals on an engine aren't expensive on the hondas, really) but are somewhat time consuming and a little hard without basic tools.

blue is oil dipstick obv, check that shit for sure

>suggest taking it to a mechanic

someone saying no to that is a universal sign of 'what is wrong with this car'

Will there be a successor to the CRX HF?

this is the stock intake and box filter for the honda prelude as mine are aftermarket

the box has clips that come undone /very/ easily and there's a filter under it, should be white and not totally trashed

[Fram noises]

Where my toronto nihgas at
someone told me there were kennedy meets

Put the exhaust on today. Side skirts go on tomorrow and then the exterior is pretty much done

this is the shittiest car ive ever seen with my own eyes

Coilpack cover came today. Never really been into fresh af cosmetic engine mods, but i have a feeling this'll look subtle enough on a stock looking engine. I'll put it on tomorrow and see

Body kit recommendations for a 2000 Civic?
Bear in mind, I'm going full itasha eventually

CB7 = Best Honda

lmao

Thanks senpai, i try

Those stickers are one of the most tacky mods you can do to you car. Why?

Why the six foot bosozuku pipe?

Why not? I bought this car 5 years ago for $100. It was fun putting them on.

It's actually just a bit over 7.5' The tip is 8' on the dot from the ground. Again, why not? I have a spare tube so I made a couple of cuts and threw it on.

Jesus drove an accord anyways