So I watched initial D

So I watched initial D
Can I legally drive now?

May the gods of eurobeat offer you their divine protection, my young itsuki.

Depends. Did you do the obligatory water in a cup test?

I uhh drank water while I watched it
Does that count

You better download some eurobeat and blast it in your car

I dont own a car

then your parents' car

>watched initial d didn't ascend beyond the need for cars

>watched two seasons
>bought AE86
>didn't watch the rest

If you think Initial D has taught you anything about driving you should probably revoke your licence and stay the fuck away from public roads.

I logged 200 hours of arma 3 with my oculus rift
Can I deploy with US army now?

And nothing of value was missed

No you need to play something that isn't as shit a simulator as Arma 3 is

As a white male who lowkey despises 99% of anime, what's the appeal of Initial D?

It has basic at most applications of physics, the worlds lamest storyline and characters that never change. The only thing noteworthy is that they've raised the price of otherwise shitboxes.

this chinese shit just makes me want an 86

The music. How it portrays some schmuck who should not be good at driving being amazing at driving, giving hope to the audience.
The pacing and the races are generally fun.

At the end of the day it's a portrayal of a sport that stands on the pillars of presentation, ease of access and enthusiasm.

So it's sort of like the rags to riches Disney edition of Japanese car ownership?

I don't think a disney metaphor works. Initial D's events are fantasy, but they emerge from what is depicted to be pretty grounded reality.

It appeals to the same adolescent sense that the military does.
Anybody can be something most people aren't if they work at it a little bit. It doesn't state anything like that, but the suggestion is what Takumi is built on and what he communicates.

At least in my mind.

Oh and additionally that that something most people aren't promises community and meaning.

even if I did I would be just as prepared as OP

yes you are now a professional toe gay racer but only when you listen to euromeme and drive a hachimemeo

first three stages are a legitimate good coming of age story

its fun, full of memes and is about a subject i and the people who like it are interested in. Much like the fast and the furious, shitty 2000's action movie but it had cars in it and we like cars.