What's your favorite factory sleeper?

What's your favorite factory sleeper?

No one expects the wagon

Not as fast as her sister but still badass.

wagons / estates are always the best sleepers

early evos and galants are good

I remember how much tears of butthurt corvette cucks produced after this fuckin wagon whoops their precious shitbox.

Really liking this hidden gem
>Fucking stellar gas mileage
>Clean design
>Offroads like a dream
>Great for urban areas
>Cheap
>Built-in workout feature

Only downside is that other drivers will look at you like an asshole

T H I C C

plz. It's got nothing on the CTS-V. Can't beat the LS aftermarket. The sky's the limit.

That looks like a 12 year old designed it.

You could say that about any modified car. Here's one in grandpa spec.

>Hey guys, lets stick a GTR engine in a station wagon

that looks fucking gross you have shit taste

cumming rn

I think these are sleepers in the sense that no matter how agile they may have came off as or how sporty they may have looked. nobody thought what essentially looked like an ugly home-made shitbox would be as fast as it was.

Mosler set a challenge rewarding anyone who could beat the car's time on a track he chose and it took a lot of effort before it was eventually beaten.

There's a reason why manufacturers pay professional designers high 6 figure salaries.

>The CTS-V Wagon discontinued in 2014
>Caddy won't build next-gen due to its extremely poor sales
>CTS-V's 0-60 MPH: 3.9 sec

While E63's 0-60 MPH: 3.4 sec (remember Mercedes' performance claims are notoriously conservative)

>wrong image
ayy lmao!

Agreed. the guy who designed the V-wagon deserved every bit of his six figure salary.

not him btw.

honestly the perfect mix between hoon and practical.

Who cares about stock power when you got an endless aftermarket? There's a lot more 10 second CTS's than 10 second E63's.

Stock vs Stock: E63 wins
Stock vs aftermarket: tie or CTS-V struggling to win
aftermarket vs aftermarket: E63 wins easily

RS6 cunts

I know you can do better, user.
Correct: "RS6, cunts.".

The c65 and amg badges make it easier to expect

Aye, where is M5 touring?

There are several reports about BMW is strongly considering a wagon-version of the next M5 to take on the Audi RS6 Avant and Mercedes E63 Estate. However, it's doubtful that such a model would make it to these shores. It is not confirmed yet.

Again, no M5 touring for Americans.

One day

>GNX
looks like a generic gm g body with black trim to people that don't know but could run 13s in the quarter

Fuck, I want it so bad

V6 Accord

nice dodge dynasty

Even the plain old T-types ran pretty impressive times

The grand national is just an appearance package for the T Type

I've always liked what Renault did with this one.

Literally looks like an Opel Vectra

The Fat Passat

goddam that is a beautiful vehicle

Get the fuck out of the way, plebs.

Volvos are slo- oh wait

Legacy Spec B
V8 Rover 75 (sort of counts, the engine out the factory is underpowered but can be brought up quite easily)

inb4 Americans call an SS commodore a sleeper

Oh no, im too late The SS is not a sleeper stupid Americans.

Why does the American version of Australian cars always look like arse?
they hardly change anything on them but they all look terrible once they hit the states.

Is it just so stupid Americans can call them sleepers?

Can anyone explain to me why does a 579hp car do 250 kph tops whereas a weaker car easily does 310 kph?

aerodynamics and gearing.
the viper is much lower to the ground and has much less wind resistance, to get the same kind of speeds out of the audi it needs a hell of a lot of power and a short gear ratio.

notice how he doesn't post new viper lap times too, he posts times from a car made in the 90's, its like being proud of a new car being faster than a testarossa.

It's electronically limited as part of an agreement between the big three (Audi, Merc and BMW) to put forward a politically respectable face and prevent a top speed war between them. With the limiter disabled it will do 343kph or 213mph but that's not a fair comparison as it isn't stock at that point.

Notice also that isn't even the top spec RS6+ or the current generation Audi.

Is this real? I mean I've seen this happen numerous times when a less powerful car can do higher velocity compared to a more powerful one. Celica GT vs an Impreza WRX is a good example of that.

The new RS6 is lighter and more powerful, it also has the speed limiter set at 300kph not 250.

a viper does 7:12.13 around the ring, its literally the 3rd fastest production car on record of course he isn't going to try and compare it to anything.the only thing it compares to is shit like the gumpert apollo, that an $850,000 hyper car.... you could literally have 8 of the vipers for that price.

>fwd

Any chance of getting into smaller racing scenes for under $5k?

>3rd fastest production car on record

Was not street legal when it set that time. sperg more.

What? How?

Go karts, cost $1500-3k for a kart, then its just a matter of signing up with a club and go racing.
go karts are good fun, remember they arent the shitty lawnmower powered ones you have driven indoors.

The only resemblances they have is 4 doors and a 3rd window behind the rear doors m8

In the us it kind of is. Looks like your run of the mill gm fwd fleet vehicle. Maybe a GM cop car. GM does zero advertising for it.

What wasn't street legal about it?

>
Let's look at the current RS6 Vs current road legal Viper then shall we.

The tires it was running on.

I meant a car I could also use as an everyday car. Some sites say the 2001 BMW 7 series is good, and I'm seeing used ones for like $4k, is that an okay idea?

>fucking wild dogs

DOT r compounds are street legal. Extremely far from practical, but legal.

>DOT r compounds are street legal
Maybe in the third world.

I don't fuck dogs, enjoy your wheelspin

>t. AWD-faggot-vaper

Yes, all their cars are like that, even the Golf R and S3 are limited to 155

gtfo pleb

Ridiculous. I'm guessing it's an easy mod to unlock the true power of the car, right?

Awesome car, but is it a sleeper?
A sleeper that's won WRC championships?

The HF is literally the opposite of a sleeper

It's WOKE af

You can't label german luxury brand as sleepers. People expect them to be fast. If anything it is a waker because it is much slower in reality than in their mind. Here let me present you a real sleeper.

>0-60 in 6 seconds

>77,000 replies
>no gtp
What the FUCK is wrong with you people

I would never own an AWD car lol
Enjoy your wheel spin

The Grand National was a blackout package for the Regal T-type but the GNX was the extra-special version with extra performance goodies.

See

Yes, a lot of them arn't overly restrictive on the limiter anyway and will do more than the 155, it's a bit like the old Supra and GT-R's power claims.

Huge nostrils on the hood, slow ass heavy lump under it, sleeper?

>I would never own an AWD car lol
So you also have wheelspin you faggot.

umm sweetie...

>sporty looking coupe
>sleeper
what

>fag rims
>fag stance
>tinted windows
>"sleeper"

>Show car to average person.
>They see Volkswagen emblem.
>They disregard it until you blast off with your hidden air spoiler flipping them off.

I didnt realize VW had that kind of reputation overseas. Its well known in europe that theyre far from a boring company with the GTI and stuff.

Toyota Camry

>vw
>not boring

Theyre the allrounder, they make everything from the caddy to the Golf R.

they call it chaser because its never in front

Don't race a daily driver, get a second car for that

That's like saying Toyota is an all rounder because of the Avalon and gt86

yer mate i got ya

>ls1
>t56
>lsd

0-100km/h in 6 seconds in 1998-2003

cheap as chips currently 2500-4000aud

What pair of cars can I get for under $5k? I don't mind my daily driver being a piece of shit, but I want to do at least okay at races.

Most vw until a few years back had a variant of the ABA engine.