/acg/ - Armored Core General

Almost 750 Edition.

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b2vXEWDOluY
explosm.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

we came SO CLOSE

But in the end it doesn't even matter.

welcome to /acg/ where the posts are made up and the (you)s don't matter

We dropped the ball at the best moment, damn it guys.

>youtube.com/watch?v=b2vXEWDOluY [Open]

>watch some competitive fights from the various tournaments to get a feel for what's popular / effective. Helamasa is a good example of how to play a lightweight

Is this really the meta? Just over boost hit ans run away the entire time. That doesn't look fun at all.

Is it at all viable to engage in sustained fights how they were in ACV?

Over boost running away seems pretty lame and I can't see how anyone would enjoy that.

The main reason why no one does sustained fights is because everyone is now good enough to avoid being caught unaware.

You can do sustained fighting though, especially as a quad, and sniping is very common. That video is the meta for LIGHTWEIGHTS, but different frames have vastly different strategies.

Looks pretty boring compared to the fights in acv.

That's generally how 1v1s work.

But, then, ACV/D wasn't designed with 1v1 in mind. CQ/teamplay is a very different animal. A very different, very extinct animal.

The biggest factor here is that 90% of VD's maps are hot garbage that don't follow the design philosophy of ACV's maps.
Or fifth gen AC at all.
Hope you got all you wanted out of complex city maps, because they're mostly gone in VD.

In my experience, most of ACV was a clusterfuck of inexperienced newbies getting caught by overpowered meta weapons and killed in 2-3 seconds, and once the newbies were dead, it was just a giant dps race between the remaining skilled players. There was no 1v1 scene at all, except for abusing the time limits on ranked Free battle.

It was fun but only for a few matches and only because there was such a large pool of bad players that you could get away with stupid stuff.

ACVD is actually really fun to build, strategize, and think about what you're doing rather than just get in front of someone's face and DPS race them. There are way more different ways to play. If dodging makes you feel bad, then play a sniper cannon tank, kickbot, or sawa quad. You can be hyper aggressive in ACVD, just don't be surprised when someone out-plays you when you use tactics that only worked on ACV's poorly balanced servers.

Just don't judge the entire game just because you want to play a lightweight but for some reason don't like to dodge.

When I played acv I only fought against other top ranked players. I hardly ever fought anyone in 1v1s who weren't on the leader boards.

Ranked leaderboards don't mean jack shit on the western servers. They got boosted to Hell and back in both ACV and VD.

They did when I played. The top players on leader boards performed extremely well in 4v4s or other game modes as well. You sound jealous.

I've no reason to be jealous. Dueling and 1v1 was never my thing in either game. Granted, I did shelf ACV for a few months during the more active period, after everything was boosted to shit, including the CQ leaderboards, and after a few months, I followed others migrating to JP. And then in VD, I just moved straight to JP off the bat, only spending two months on the western server, while my Japanese copy was still in transit, then never really looking back.

Though, any time I do look at the VD leaderboards, they're all boosted up, loaded with names I've never seen in CQ, on forums/chats, or otherwise anywhere else where one can find major players. And in the two months I was playing on INT, there were plenty of times when the room's host would straight up kick me, especially if they knew they couldn't win against me easily.

Not speaking from envy. Speaking from experience.

I've never known the leaderboards for either game to not be grossly inflated by cheating / boosting.

Back to the original point: ACVD is fun. There are ways that ACV was more fun though, but only because it was more easily exploited and the floor of skill was much lower.

When it was active the top players were incredibly strong. Not just in 1v1s either. I mean all game modes literally.

I was one of them and when I saw another name from that list I knew shit was going down no matter if it was a ffa or a 4v4. Almost every time it was either me or the other top player destroying tbe other unknown players or damn near single handedly carrying their 4v4 team.

Yeah, maybe now that the games are dead the leader boards are not accurate but during the time I played things were very different.

Bump.

oh sh

Bump.

>tfw we ded

Bump.

What's the most under-ranked arena NPC?

Not counting the obvious "lowest ranked AC that is actually the most OP" like Exile, I'm going to say SAMSARA, but his whole gimmick was that he was at a much lower rank than he was supposed to be.

AC3's royal mist is also pretty strong, stronger than the other A rankers.

I'm at a con and they're selling:
Maggy model. $85
Chief model. $100
I can't afford either. Kill me.

Bump.

>when someone says that From is announcing more Dark Souls DLC instead of an AC game

pull out the credit card and deal with that later.

Thank god that they're not. It's been confirmed over and over again that Ringed City was the final DLC.

Seriously. If you can't afford it now, you could probably resell to someone else for more. The maggy model sells for way more than that on ebay

you don't get bonus points for dying with a full bank account, so go for it

new DS then, or a spin-off

Well, they already confirmed they were working on a new "dark fantasy action-RPG, like Dark Souls" a number of months back, when they made that whole '3 games' announcement.

>spin-off

About what?

bump

Perfect AC game:

>AC2 Visual Style
>AC2:AA Secret Bosses
>AC3 Shop system (available parts based on loyalty to each corporation)
>ACSL Music
>ACLR gameplay mechanics (but smaller back cannons can be used without kneeling)
>ACLR Multiple Endings and Story progression (available missions based on which ravens are alive/dead)
>ACLR Voice Acting
>ACLR Parts List
>ACFA Setting, Characters, Story (but with MTs and ACs, not ACs and Nexts)
>ACVD Hardcore Mode

>>ACLR Voice Acting

I dont know, giving the most of the situations, most of the time everthing sound samey

>>ACFA Setting, Characters, Story (but with MTs and ACs, not ACs and Nexts)

Remember to add that hardmode actually adds a little to the plot with extra AC enemies or special weapons and some extra dialogue.

Miyazaki says he wants to do an MMO, also.

It's probably likely that they're going to make the next "souls" like game an always-online MMO with monster-hunter style bosses that require teamwork to take down

Next AC game will probably have little to no involvement from him, and will be put together by a completely new team of directors and producers (Toshifumi Nabeshima and Naotoshi Zin both left the company). Even Miyazaki had little influence on DS3. We're dealing with a whole new From, they could go literally any direction with it, and the precedent set by ACV and AC4 means that fans probably expect something completely different.

So whatever we get, expect it to be designed and developed by people who started working for the company after 2014.

>I dont know, giving the most of the situations, most of the time everthing sound samey

Name an AC game with better voice acting. ACFA maybe, but honestly voice acting in all the games is kinda shit.

>Remember to add that hardmode actually adds a little to the plot with extra AC enemies or special weapons and some extra dialogue.

already had ACLR multiple endings. Going down a harder path in ACLR is literally hardmode with more story. Actual hard mode should be something like ACVD, which changes the mechanics up for a new experience, instead of just making you take more damage, and shouldn't be mandatory in order to get the story.

>ACFA maybe, but honestly voice acting in all the games is kinda shit.

I will go with FA since, while no good, it still manage to give more emotion to different characters that also helped to flesh out their persoanlities.

Bump.

bump

Bump

Bump.

>tfw we came back from the ded only to die again

we are lich general at this point, reviving just take longer sometimes.

Bump.

Ac6 4 e3/tgs
Hopefully
Bump

E3 it is, FROM doenst ahow up at TGS that much.

You forgot.

>ACV Ultimate weapons

Yeah, they were cheesy, but I was hard as diamonds the first time I ever pulled off a grind blade kill.

this post is entirely correct

So what's everyone thoughts on this Wendy's girl fanart and memes recently?

I'm hoping for a doujin soon where she gets 100% pure beef inside her from Ronald McDonald

I am genuinely confused by it.

>expecting doujins from a meme

You will need a lot of luck for that.

bump.

bump

>user: Hey Wendy, what's your favorite part of Mcdonalds?

>Wendy: the Exit.

>ifunny

Cyanide & Happiness is my spirit animal.

long time since I read some of those, care to share any good ones?

explosm.net/

good shit.

Bump.

Xezberzs face right now.

Last one.

Bump.

What kind of doujin we're talking here

ftfy

Going by what Xez said, probaly rape and mindbreak, going by how smug wendy is, femdom

GOOD THREADS NEVER DIE