>sharp.dft.gov.uk/

Benchrace in general:
>crash.net

Noob? Git gud:

Wubbums with sound:
Previously on /deebeetee/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Mpih-D4qaw
google.com/search?q=fedora&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPk-3R_IjVAhUDQCYKHQU1Ax0Q_AUIBigB&biw=1411&bih=1046
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for now none of you fuckers will be first.

second for both trikes and sidecars are shit

What movie is this parodying?

Don't worry about it you don't want to see it.

Those sidecar TT races are pretty cool though

this
youtube.com/watch?v=_Mpih-D4qaw

Post bikes

The government has issued me a full motorcycle license by mistake, should I tell them or get myself a bike?

Pros
>don't need to do test
>can finally ride something more powerful

Cons
>£1000 fine for getting caught
>3-6 penalty points
>vehicle seized

Not sure what the legality is around it, as technically I have a legit license, even though I never actually did my test

Anyone know what the chances of getting caught are?

RIP Camshafts
F

how old are you....?
if you are over 25 then you don't get restrictions ya dumb arse.

They won't give a flying fuck what your card says if it doesn't match what's in their system

I'll post tire.

I'm a big fat ameriburger of a dude (5'9", 280lbs) and I'm looking at getting a cbr250r or 300r. Do you think the stock rear suspension will be fine if adjusted up, or will I need to look into aftermarket shock absorbers? Also is there any way to stiffen up the front suspension on these bikes, or is that even necessary?

>inb4 "hurr durr get skinny first"
I'll work on it but in the mean time I want a bike. Fat niggas are allowed to like shit too.

>big
5'9"

Have them issue a reprint
You might have gotten one that someone else asked for

But let's not kid ourselves, ypubprobably stole it from your examiner
Be sure that you're already in their database and that card is 100% invalid
You will get caught and the signed papers will be held against you

im 24

I've checked what it says in their system, it says I can ride a big bike.

Are you really, really set on a 250?

that is one of the squarest tyres i have ever seen, how do you even make a tyre look like that without crashing?
you wouldnt even be able to go around a slight bend lol

You'll be fine, mang
Do you have any idea how much suspension mods cost?

Give me thoughts on this

>I've checked what it says in their system, it says I can ride a big bike.
then go hog wild, it's not your fault some inept worker can't figure out how to do their job

why is it a power restriction?
thats pretty retarded.
what if someone wants to ride a cruiser?

faggot shirt for 12 year old moto vlogger viewers.

Leans ok at higher speeds.
Had trouble with low speed turns.
Did indeed lay it down, twice.

You can turn fine on squared tires

EU cuck rules, no more than 190mph or something

i might call them up too and ask someone to check as well.

Thing is, if this ever goes to court I will be found guilty for sure knowing full well I am riding without a license.

This is so fake dude, stop it
You didn't even bother deleting the part about 35kw restrictions
>hurr durr i'm 1337 haxorz i can hit f12

>everyone on /dbt/

Hoon posting in dbt, jesus.
As if these threads couldn't get worse

>not committing perjury to get out of crimes ez
pfft lmaooo

Go away faglord
Who do you think could be autistic enough to sperg about trikes in the bike thread

I know I'll look like a tool. I'm not trying to impress anybody. To answer your question though, I'm not totally set on a 250 or 300, but I'm looking for something that gets mad decent gas mileage and is cheap on my insurance. I don't want a cruiser tho.

You're retarded and don't know how anything works

what does the 35kw restrictions mean then? I thought it was for all license holders?

I'm sure they cost plenty, which is why I'm trying to gather information now as opposed to buying the bike and realizing that I drag the tail on the tire.

he said i was right.

You're not wrong, but hoon doesn't ride a bike.
He technically doesn't even own a car, his mom does.

35kw = 46hp

To be fair, I also hit sand.
So it's not like it was entirely the tires fault.
Ordering a new set today. Something good.

Thanks for the (You)s during the trike discussion, guys. That was almost as fun as the 'too hot' / 'too fast' or the ABS discussions back in the day.

>you can ride a motorcycle with a power exceeding 35kw

So you mean a bunch of try-hards thinking they're one-upping the other posters?
Those poor fools, whoever they are.

When arguing about language no one wins.
It's all made up anyway. Shit mean whatever the fuck you want it to mean.

Cathegory: A2
You may drive a motorcycle of a power not exceeding 35kw or with a power to weight ratio not exceeding 0.2 kW per kg. or A motorcycleof a power not exceeding 35kw with a power to weight ratio not exceeding 0.2 kW per kg and derived from a vehicle of no more than double its power. A motor trycicle with power not exceeding 15kw

This is what it said before he hit developer mode
Because in legalese full A would just say "you may ride anything"

ok but it says on the picture there , and on my license I can ride a bike exceeding that limit.

even my dirtbike has more than 35kw so yes.

The Picasso farts the greenest garden snake.

What could it mean?

The answer is obviously
>The GS500 is the best beginner bike.

thats not a wr125

That's because I was talking about the BEST beginner bike, not the memest. In that case, it could have been either of those two.

must suck being so poor you had to start on a gs500

The GS500 is objectively the best beginner bike.
> mileage
It's a mid-sized 4stroke twin cylinder bike, so it drinks less than 6 liters per 100 km.
> handling
It handles nothing like a supersport, spoiling you for when you get something else. But it can also corner much better than something like a cruiser, and actually uses its entire rear tire unlike a Ninja 250.
> brakes
They are complete shit and their only redeeming feature is that they're disc brakes. This is good because the longer braking distance forces new riders to plan ahead and start braking early. No ABS means they learn to brake properly I'd they don't want to get shrekt.
> power
It sits right at the power limit for A2 bikes which is great for euros. It's torquey enough to be faster off the line than most cars you'll encounter in the city. But it also feels relatively gutless so a) it's forgiving of mistakes and b) you can ride it at the limit without putting yourself into too much danger. It reaches up to 180 km/h which is fast enough for highway riding.
> carbs
It being carbed means that if you run into problems, you can learn to fix them yourself instead of heading to the mechanic every time.
> seating position
Upright, slightly forward means it's a neutral riding position so you can figure out what you want afterwards. The seat is relatively uncomfortable making literally every other bike after it will feel like heaven on your ass.
> price and availability
Parts and the bikes themselves are cheap and plentiful. If you crash and fuck up one of your fairings it's 40 euros to replace it with original parts. Engine needs little maintenance. Beginner riders are typically not financially independent, so this is a big plus for them.
> suspension
It's a budget suspension factoring into the overall low cost of getting a GS 500. If you want better suspension it's easy to swap. Therefore it gives beginners an opportunity to learn working on suspension while keeping the cost manageable.

>poor person the copy pasta

>post-purchase rationalization: the post

Go hit a truck fagboi

drobe why do you always kill dbt?
people sense your autism and leave.

Isn't drobe off to race boats anyway

Christ this 250 is huge

Good, /dbt/ is shit anyway.

What? The only motorboating I do is on ur mums tittays, feggit!!!!

Some asshole in a dumb Volkswagen tried to race me today. He won because that Volkswagen was a Lamborghini Gallardo. Should I get a gixxer?

What do you guys think about the old Yamaha Tenere 660? I'll be taking a look in a few days at a 1997 one with around 20000 miles, looks to be in good condition. Are there any model specific issues I should be aware of or is it just general maintenance?

>Toys.jpg
This is why everyone hates americans

this fell out of my engine when I took the clutch panel off
what is it? where does it go?

hate?
or have a huge boner for?

There's nothing wrong with being poor. :/

Haters gonna hate

No, that's another fag.

Clutch stud?
Not many other spring loaded bits

think I found the hole it fell out of
had a rod that the split could fit into
I'll know when I fire it up I guess

gs500

ECU replaced for free as part of a recall. I now have 27 more horsepower and the top speed went up 60 km/h
I don't hate riding anymore

whats right about being poor then?

So your bike had 0 horsepower? :^)

It's good motivation to wanna better yourself! I grew up poor. Its a nice life lesson

>that shit eating grin

Ok just phoned up my instructor, he said I do indeed have a big bike license.

top kek

It's too hot out to work on bike but R/R is most likely blown.

I'm looking at svrider and there's a lot of people who put R/Rs from other bikes in, popular choices are 600RR and 1000RR as well as GSXR. Some of these require wiring work which I'm not sure I am capable of doing.

I have a first gen SV650S, with two connectors instead of one like later models have. Is there a list of R/R's that fit or do I have to ask around?

Just buy an R/R from Electrosport or Rick's that's meant to fit your bike. They're more expensive than stock but you'll never need to replace it again. It wouldn't be a bad idea to replace the stator too. If your voltage is still a little low after that then you'll also need a new flywheel.

Flywheel got wrecked last year and is new since, clymer stator test seemed to indicate no problems.

I'm in eastern europe and I'm looking for local options for now.

I thought you were getting 12v at 5k instead of 13.4. That might not seem like much but you generate less electricity at idle. An old stator could cause you to slowly drain your battery at low speeds or at idle.

I was getting 12.6V at 5k on the battery, then I tested the pins on the connector between alt and R/R and on the alt side I got 80-100V, well above a required 70, so I assume it's the R/R that's causing trouble.

I'll know for sure once the sun moves a bit further west.

How many of you guys have speeding tickets?

I got one but didn't get any points.

(Good feelings after recommending the same test yesterday. Possibly to you. Maybe another)
Just woke up for work. It's hilarious that sidecar-autist waited until the thread was clear to make himself feel big about it.

Sidecars are detachable. Metaphors are argumentative constructs. Etymology is useless when studying below the most superficial parts of the English language.

The Honda 500 twin does all of these things, but slightly better. And comes in four riding positions. And is still in production, in case the learner wants to keep the bike over a longer term.
Add to this the fact that dealerships across the country made pricing reasonable over the last week (3500-6500 USD, by model year) and there is literally zero reason to suffer with Suzuki build quality.

Knowing better than to maintain that attitude.

The CB 500 doesn't have the meme factor though. I should know, my meme game has dropped to like 20% compared to when I had a GS.
over 3k is NOT reasonable for a beginner.
But what do you know, you're a deluded brand whore anime poster.

Fucking boiling right now.
I 'have' bmw euro plus extended warranty by 3rd party and they decided because my workshop didn't contact them before the repairs they can't reimburs me because of this.
825€ wasted on a fucking simple job I could have done in less that 30min.

Ktm acting up too for the millionth time I have to order all sort of gaskets because the pos is always open.

>BMW
>KTM
You should know better than to trust German-speaking three letter companies.

Does that grom ever get above 30mph? Dude weighs twice as much as the damn thing.

Just ride the thing. You're not going to need properly sprung bits to go slow and learn how to ride on a beginner bike.

Had my first crash yesterday. Slid in the rain. Forks off center now. Do I just need to loosen the clamps up top to correct? Or am I looking at way more damage here?

motorcycles are toys in the first world

Getting my first bike on Tuesday when I get home from work. Was getting some online quotes for insurance. For basic liability, it's only $75/year. Full coverage jumps it up to $500/year. What the fuck?

Turns out people crash motorcycles and the insurance the has to pay for it. More often than not, people crash on their own and not into other vehicles. It doesn't take much to total out a bike, so it costs a decent amount to insure the things.

Going cheaper than that opens the entire used market. At which point the prospective rider could buy a cb600 nighthawk and **never need another bike.**
3.5k is investment tier, because if you plan on tossing a machine out before 50k miles and three years, you've got a bigger problem than shitty taste.
And recommending a series that shares a single engine isnt brand-whoring. It's being considerate to those who don't agree that standards provide the best platform.
Presumably brand whoring would be liking a company's internal culture as you (or I) take notes to found your own?
Which is tangentially related at best. C*500* are just good bikes.

Also fuck you. Animation is a storytelling medium, and is extremely versatile for comedic purposes. It also maintains the most comprehensive pirating culture in media today.

The only conceivable reason to hate in 2017 is being too slow to read subtitles. I pity the disability.

google.com/search?q=fedora&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPk-3R_IjVAhUDQCYKHQU1Ax0Q_AUIBigB&biw=1411&bih=1046

People don't usually buy bikes they never need to switch out. Tastes change, bikes break, riders crash.
Buying a nice bike for your first is a shit idea, it's better to buy a cheap shitbike (GS 500), learn on it virtually consequence free (drop it? crash it? who cares) and sell it on afer a year or two.
And finally: Did you just fucking say nobody needs a different bike ever again once they buy a CBF 500? You must either not ride at all, or only put around town to think that.
Who am I kidding, you're an anime shitposter nobike 12 year old faggot.