Australia night thread

How do you guys not get ass raped by insurance? I'm 19 and buying an s15 spec r. Buying it for around $16k (thats the listing, probably will be able to haggle). Insurance companies have a maximum cover amount for it of $13k. Minimum $2k deductible. I've been quoted between 3.5k and 4.5k/year to get comprehensive insurance.

My only option is to get it under my dad's name and pay $1.7k/year for comprehensive but that's still a fucking scam desu. You can get yourself into much more danger with a v8 but insurance for these is much higher.

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/fd6NtfP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>how do you guys not get ass raped by insurance
>I want to insure an S15 Silvia Spec R

Pick one and only one.

by not being a 19 year old snotnose cunt

i was 23 only paid $1500 a year for a modded gtst and i pay around the same for a SS commodore now im 26

shop around, try aami

Yeah aami has been the best quote so far. I've gotten straight up refused by GIO and a few others.

gio can get fucked as nrma and budget their all shit

Just Car used to be AAMI until they went belly up

19. You will be arse raped regardless.
Most probably will crash as well.
Enjoy your S15

Any of you guys been to an auction house? I saw an ex gov Calais that looked all right on Pickles, so I might give it a suss next week.

Being the aust thread, might as well post this

I paid $1070 for my WRX

Aami was quoting me like $1500 I think.

this is my first car at 27 years old

what's the catch with Bingle?

Join us in here to worship our god. The postie brain squisher. Falcunt.

Bingle insures you on current market value. So they could say that your commodore is being listed on carsales for 12k, but since there's a small scratch on yours it lowers the value to 7k.

Also they have zero fucking customer service.

>Sports car in Australia
>Insurance not being rape

sorry I meant I paid $1070 for full comp insurancd through Bingle for my WRX which they valued $11500

AAMI was doing like $1500/yr

>maximum cover
they run with market value. inquire about the specific car and they may adjust the coverage but don't get your hopes up. 16k is a fucking lot for an s15 btw even a spec r. i suppose most of them have been crashed and written off by now though so maybe they're a bit rare...

>$2k deductible
fairly standard for a 19 year old. complain all you want but that's how the system is. try not to fuck up and need to pay any deductible, get a dash cam.

>3.5k and 4.5k/year
the age comes into this a bit but it does seem a little high, probably just because of this particular car being fucked up by so many dropkicks.

>dad's name
best bet. if your dad has an economy daily, get your name on his car and his on yours, you can nominate other drivers (you) and the only difference will be paying a different deductible which you should avoid getting yourself into anyway because you will be looking at even worse insurance rates if you have to pay one.

registration, insurance, fuel, enforcement...
it's all very extreme in australia, there's no way around it unless you completely avoid the system - you just need to decide whether that risk will be worth it for you

>want to have a go on the twisties
>mt cootha is shit
>mt nebo is an hour drive
fuck me dead

could have lost your license like falcunt

come south brother
mt lindesay, tamborine, beechmont, springbrook (RIP for a year or two for now though), numinbah (semi-RIP for a little while), currumbin area, tweed valley, kyogle,
there are great roads down near and over the border

i could set you up with a nice day-trip if you want

waterfall way cunt

What's wrong with cootha?

Also mountains are shit for cops now because of all the retards up there ever since nag canyon racer or whatever.

fuck i've missed these. whats going on cunts

discordapp.com/invite/fd6NtfP

Aussie car discord since these threads are now dead.

Anyone got stories of buying/reviving cars that sat for years?

nice fucking dead thread, good start to revive /dat/

/DAT/ is dead, stop trying to revive it.