/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #747 - Tornado Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Ohtanitter/status/858165226440597507
youtube.com/watch?v=jIDGEukXiws
youtube.com/watch?v=kScGIo2uthY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for best girl is we're probably never going to see the comic cast ever again

fast

End of the month's here guys.

Difference is: This time it isn't funny, it's very very sad.

>you will never hold her

Th-that's not a very good girl at all!

Life isn't fair!

Speak for yourself

Good. I never want to touch that cunt

Rude

muh dick

Goodnight /sthg/

Kinda wish Rouge was one of them but I'll take it.

Night user!

Night, /sthg/. Sleep well

Night user.

>tfw hoping nintendo has GC VC for that sweet GC Sonic on the go

I like that.

I swear i'm not a furry.

Well, De Nial isn't just a river in Egypt.

W-woah

Shantae Half-Genie Hero Tonight then a Random Sonic game tomarrow. Possibly Sonic Adventure with BetterSADX Mod on it.

When the Veeky Forums goods get deleted right before you come back.

When you save them knowing DAMN well that shit's getting deleted.

the past few threads have been so slow. What makes you go fast in real life?

>Not saving regardless of it getting deleted or not

The difference is when they're that good they're saved immediately. I'm busy trying to convince myself to use someone new in CF.

Hey /sthg/,

Love, love me.

I don't

The hell is CF?

I thought all of shadow's fangirls died by now.

Fuck off nigger rat.

>not even a hypnotic gif
Apply yourself.

CentralFiction just hit PC.

what's on your mind, /sthg/? How are you doing? What have you been up to lately? Are you excited for Mania and Forces? How do you plan on holding on until they get released?

Do you think Sega will ever toy with the concept of a Sonic RPG again?

>Superstar Saga is getting a remake/remaster

>Do you think Sega will ever toy with the concept of a Sonic RPG again?
Fuck no
Chronicles was, by all accounts, an absolute disaster. And we all know how SEGA handles flops.

Could be better, thank I have a slightly shorter shift tomorrow because I need to grind some training mode. I'm eagerly looking forward to Mania, and I'd need something big to sell me on Forces.

>spoiler
What?

You think that's bad? Thanks to Classicucks we'll never see

>Rouge
>Silver
>Blaze
>Omega
>Shadow
>Vector
>Espio
>Charmy
>Big

Ever again.

Is that really such a bad thing?

Classicucks like you should be dragged into the streets and shot.

life is boring as always. Same old shit. I'm excited for Mania and not worried about it. I know it's going to be good. It's at the back of my mind desu.

Still kind of worried about Forces though. Classic Sonic isn't looking great imo, we still don't know anything about the new character, and if Modern Sonic is 3/4 2D and 1/4 3D like in Colors and Generations then idk man. I'm getting kind of tired of classic sonic at this point. I'm a little scared of how this is going to play out.

There's still a lot left to be revealed for Forces so I guess that's what's keeping me interested for now. Speculating and hoping for the best. That's all I can do now. Just hold on to what if

>People with different opinions should be killed
Sensitive much?

>And we all know how SEGA handles flops.

By learning absolutely nothing from the experience and trying something similar several years later and failing again because they only listen to a select portion of the criticism?

A dataminer found a listing for "Superstar Saga DX" on the eShop's servers.

Different opinions are fine. Wrong ones are not.

>All of the music in classic sonic's levels music is made by FM synth sound and a little PCM sample.

twitter.com/Ohtanitter/status/858165226440597507

Good or bad?

>Opinions are objective
I see you're still not out of 3rd grade

>Responding to bait at 2:43 am

Go to bed.

It is for all the people who like those characters.

Not sure how many people liked Charmy though

What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you retarded? Charmy is probably the best character in the series. He's probably the most useful of the supporting cast, he's also the one with the less cringy backstory and personality.

Honestly losing Charmy will be the biggest blow to the franchise, a lot of people like him and the fact that he's been missing from all games except Generations SINCE FUCKING HEROES is already bad enough for many people.

I doubt it. Sonic Chronicles was a just a copyright nightmare.

I wonder if Chronicles is what caused Nintendo to lock down the Mario series so much when it came to new enemy and character designs. For example look at the two recent Paper Mario games. There are no original enemies or characters in it (besides super basic ones like the bucket). They just use generic toads, goombas, and shy guys for everything. In the original games you had new species, new characters, modified old designs, etc. I wonder if Nintendo saw what happened with Chronicles, Penders, and the new characters designs in the game and decided to to completely stop that practice in their own titles.

HOOOOLD ON TO WHAT IIIIIIFFFFFF
LIVE AND LEARN
HANGING ON THE EDGE OF TOMORROW

How comes nobody has figured out that they could just reserve the rights to all content of the game regardless of who makes it.

I mean i'm sure you'll have a hard time getting the creator to agree, but if you do then you ensure there's no problems.

And if he doesn't agree?

Bad. It's basically Sonic 4 all over again. What a disappointment given what the theme song sounds like and that Mania will be releasing just a few months prior with actual, good Classic Sonic music

Then it doesn't get made.

Maybe Nintendo tried to do that and Square was like "Fuck no" and then they backpedalled to the older model.

Artist?

I do not have high hopes for Classic's music right now.

We'll have to hear it first, to know if it's good or bad.

>I wonder if Chronicles is what caused Nintendo to lock down the Mario series so much when it came to new enemy and character designs.

Don't be silly. It's been proven time and time again that the "NSMB-ification" of Paper Mario is 90% Intelligent System's fault. They just don't give a crap now that they have the FE cashcow.

Wasn't that in response to the japanese gamers response? I tough they were the ones that caused paper mario to be what it currently is

Mania looks fantastic, Forces not so much or at least not for classic sonic. I started with the franchise this year and already finished a whole lot of sonic games, then I moved to romhacks, not I'm with Freedom Planet which is quite good and then gonna try Spark. Seriously, I can't wait for Mania

was meant for

Are you the same guy who said that started with the series recently earlier? Or do we have a lot of newcomers around here?

I think that I said that like one or two months ago. Dunno if you remember me but I liked to come here and post my thoughts about a sonic game after I finished it.

Actually all the bullshit regarding the paper series is mostly Nintendo and Miyamoto's fault.

I think the last couple of threads have had 100+ posters, so it could be the latter.

That's true. The Green Hill tune sounds like it could be really good, but the instrument really makes it sound off at points.

>tfw waiting for Rafa to respond

Keeps me distracted from my personal woes.

I was talking earlier today.

Ah no, that wasn't me

Apparently someone called Sasi Sage on deviantart but they're not in his gallery. They are in the gallery of someone who stole it though.

Thanks, now I know where pic-related is from too.

Paper Mario got cucked because Miyamoto, a man who vocally hates stories and characters in video games and hates the RPG genre, took over the franchise.

well meme'd

I didn't mind til I heard GHZ and shocked how dang bare it sounded on top of literally nothing like GHZ.

Someone didn't read the interview

I don't mind it sounding nothing like GHZ.
I've heard that song mixed and remixed at least 20 times.

Has anyone uploaded a clean version of the GHZ tune yet? I actually like it a lot, and it'll be different in the final game so I'd hope someone uploaded this version.

youtube.com/watch?v=jIDGEukXiws
youtube.com/watch?v=kScGIo2uthY

But, there is no way Sonic could've activated Chaos Control... using an Emeralds that's fake.

I don't see why not. It had the same wavelength and properties, but was less powerful than the real one.

Why not just actual instruments? Stop this nostalgia dick riding already. Mania's already filling in this quota and being executed better from what we've seen so far.

>Mania

Mania wasn't thought of when they stated work on Forces. It's doing the nostalgia dickriding better, but it's not like SEGA had that game in mind when development started on this.

Chao are dummies

at least they fixed the skylight in chao garden for DX.

So Archie never sent out an email.

Nothing yet, but fingers crossed.

Speaking of waiting for stuff, is the guy that was gonna color Clove still around?

Ah, I had forgotten that. Fair enough, but I'm not looking forward to the music at this rate. I like Ohtani's work but he's been at the helm for a while now. I'd like it if we got people like Tokoi and Fumatani again.

>tfw Jun's involved but it's just an advisory role

Late reply but play Hibiki or Es, they're fun.