2018 Honda Accord!

Honda said its new Accord's improvements include:

>A lighter and more rigid body structure.
>New chassis design.
>Two new direct-injected and turbocharged 4-cylinder engines and a new generation of Honda's two-motor hybrid technology.
>The first 10-speed automatic transmission for a front-drive car.
>More space inside with a larger trunk and a longer wheelbase for more rear leg room.
>More comfortable seats, including a 12-way power adjustable driver's seat.
>Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
>Standard driver-assist safety technologies, including adaptive cruise control.
>The Accord will offer a number of trim levels -- six for the 1.5-liter version, four for the 2-liter version and five for the hybrid.

So there is no V6 offered but here are the engine options.

1.5-liter, 16-valve DOHC direct-injected turbo with dual Variable Timing Control (dual VTC)
>192 horsepower (HP) at 5,500 rpm and 192 lb-ft. of torque from 1,500 to 5,000 rpm

2.0-liter 16-valve DOHC direct-injected turbo with i-VTEC® valvetrain paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission or, in Sport trim, to the 10AT or an available 6MT
>252 HP at 6,500 rpm and 273 lb.-ft. of torque from 1,500 to 4,000 rpm

Also,

The new 1.5-liter turbo is mated to a Honda continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT) or, in Sport trim, to a CVT or a 6-speed manual transmission (6MT).

Total vehicle weight is down between approximately 110 to 176 pounds

INTERIOR

Soooo what do you think?

How much is it gonna set me back?

>looks exactly like the newest malibu thanks to government regulation
into the trash it goes.

>Toyota gives Camry a 300HP V6
>Honda downsizes and turbocharges like every other shitty automaker

Advantage Toyota

Why does it look like an Impala

It looks very nice! I saw a Clarity in person a few days ago. It was also nice.

I would bet on the Accord to win on the track.

WOW they're actually putting a 6 speed manual into their higher end trim? That's new. But this thing makes less horse power than the 6 cylinder version

not gonna lie i expected it to look more retarded

The front looks a little bit like a dodge avenger

Hate it. Looks like shit.

Happy about the 6MT, but fuck 4cylt over v6t.
But that 252 hp probably is more WHP than the 270 hp J35

Thinking of getting the 2.0T sport trim.

I didn't know they made an HRV sedan.

The fastback sedan is a weird body type. The proportions look wrong. They should do a regular sedan and a wagon option instead.

How reliable are these new turbo Accord? The turbo scares me.

I believe the 9th gen Accord wins exterior, while the 10th gen wins the interior.

three-box design is no more thanks to government meddling.

The new honda malibu

That steering wheel is gross.

Dropped.

>that step in the c pillar
Literally stealing ideas from 30 year old subarus

I'm sorry. I haven't seen about pricing anywhere.

WHP?????
Work Horse Power?

It probably is going to be priced similarly as the Camreeeee with a few hundred dollars less.

If they keep making them bigger, the next generation Accord is going to be a goddamn SUV.

Not sure if I'd want it do to its larger size.

I'll either get a 9th gen or a Civic.

Like the fucking Outback.

>do

due

>modern honda
Wouldn't get my hopes up

Why?

That look happens to be in right now. The Panamera started it, then the Model S followed. I think it's a nice look.

What the fuck happened in 2008?

Wheel horsepower. Different from crank horsepower, which is the figure you usually get from the manufacturer, what the engine produces on its own. Wheel horsepower is accounting for the parasitic drivetrain loss that the transmission, driveshaft, differential(s), and axles use up as the power goes to the wheels. It's usually about 15-20%. Its also the number a chassis dyno will spit out, as it measures at the wheels.

Lots of cars seem to have nearly identical steering wheels with the same spoke design. I call it, "two and two-half spoke".

Premature rear brake pad wear.

looks almost exactly like a Civic at first glance, what the fuck

god damnit can they NOT choose shit rims?

Too bad the V6 Camry doesn't come with a manual. Even though the auto is bullet proof, I want a manual V6.

Introducing the ALL NEW HONDA CIVIC XL

Pretty excited, it should be a nice midsize with sportier handling. The accords get better and better.

why are they putting all that power in a family sedan

not trying to look like an idiot gassing it in a mom car

also probably drives like a bathtub

>lane departure warning
>no lane keep assist

8th gen Accord owner here

Love how it went down 100lbs this year instead of up 100.

J series engines were aging anyways, Honda never really put the development into their V6 that their I4 have received, so the J series always had less torque than the Nissan or Toyota V6, and they had belts instead of chains so they were overall more maintenance heavy. They were just more exciting because of the car around them.

What does the trunk space look like and think the seats all fold down?

maybe because getting on the freeway where everyone is going 70mph is easier and more drama free with more power

snoozefest

I wish more cars would have level 2 "hands on" autonomy at the very least. I don't mind keeping my hands on the wheel if the car will automatically keep itself in the center of the lane. True, input-free autonomy, none of that half baked ping-pong stuff, please.