/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread was getting killed part of his plan edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 21/4/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PS4, PS Vita, and Steam on September 26th (N. America), and September 29th (Europe)
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/uuYIjXu?r
jinjojess.tumblr.com/image/160112880868
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/160111436888/i-let-our-friend-be-toujou-haha-team-table
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You favorite Non-V3 character gains a tulpa of your least favorite V3 character. What happens?

Koko!

That's a cute OP image.

Probably.

Maybe?

No.

Yes.

Perhaps.

Oumafags are cancer.

How does V3 have no SHSL Lucky student but DR1 and DR2 does with Naegi and Komaeda?

Can someone who's watched the stream for chapter 4 outline Gonta's reactions inside the NWP and out of it?

>inb4 Amami was the lucky student all along

There's two possibilities:
1) SHSL Lucky Students were picked by lottery before this and the Gifted System works in a way where students are spread across the country, so in this case there wouldn't be a lottery to start with

2) Amami's the Lucky Student given his association with green, initial 7 Luck stat in bonus mode and how he apparently earned his SHSL Adventurer title from lucky discoveries.

Because "luck" isn't a talent you can implant through the technology they have in V3 nor would it be fun to watch some rando who just got "randomly selected" for the game when everyone gets flashy and fun talents.

From the in-show perspective, the gifted system doesn't work that way as it applies titles to individual students from different schools rather than taking them all into one school and having their application be a demonstration of their talent. So "luck" really means nothing in the V3 context.

Is Amami really our new SHSL Luck? Buy Danganronpa:Amami and Danganronpa V2 to find out~!

The Gifted System could still have lottery for a luck Japanese student who wins.

>Amami's the Lucky Student given his association with green, initial 7 Luck stat in bonus mode and how he apparently earned his SHSL Adventurer title from lucky discoveries.

Wouldn't this make him somewhat similar to Celeste and Junko then?

Reminder that Chiaki is still and will always be best girl.
She got revived as an android and is now on the boat playing games with her class.

Posting best girl!

It's safe to assume that Amami was the Lucky student.

>tfw the beta Amami being a Naegi/Komaeda hybrid was the giveaway

Reminder that Kaede is still and will always be best girl.
She usa'd her hanging to expose the mastermind in the final trial and won the Saiharabowl.

How is it safe to assume?

Not really when luck was associated with the series two most popular characters plus the gifted system could have still held the raffle for whatever reason even though I think it would be dumb.

> Because "luck" isn't a talent you can implant through the technology they have in V3 nor would it be fun to watch some rando who just got "randomly selected" for the game when everyone gets flashy and fun talents.
Well, maybe it's because the implant thing is a lie after all. I mean we do actually see HPA staff working on Hinata which proves his implanted talents weren't a lie but no proof is actually offered by Shirogane.

Dammit!

Yeah, but the system being directly managed by the government suggests to me it's a way to keep tracked of gifted students. Even in HPA-verse it took Jin some time to convince the board that luck could be considered a talent, no?

>Wouldn't this make him somewhat similar to Celeste and Junko then?
Not him but in a sense yeah. Celeste's talent with being the SHSL Gambler involves good luck that she brags about. She might not be identified as SHSL Luck but she seemingly possess a good amount. For Junko her face value title was SHSL Fashioniesta because that's what the country knew her by not knowing how she does it which is probably where her true talent SHSL Analyst comes into play. Amami got the SHSL Adventurer title from the government and sponsors for his dangerous travels and discoveries despite not knowing how he does it or how he survives which would contribute to being SHSL Luckster.

>Yeah, but the system being directly managed by the government suggests to me it's a way to keep tracked of gifted students. Even in HPA-verse it took Jin some time to convince the board that luck could be considered a talent, no?
It did but we don't know if other members of the government were like Jin and thought of luck as a talent for whatever reason.

Kyouko vs Celeste, who's cuter?

>tfw we'll finally get answers on how Amami's talent works in DRA
>we get blueballed and it's sisters getting raped
>get teased on having to wait for V2 for the full truth
Fuck

Exactly, if we go by the assumption that Amami's true talent is SHSL Luck considering it's linked to a dangerous terrorist (Komaeda) it's easy enough for us to see why he wouldn't want that exposed.

That's true, though I guess we'll have to learn more about the Gifted System first to make a conclusion.

Sayaka

>The Gifted System could still have lottery for a luck Japanese student who wins.

But what would be the benefit? The point of having luck in HPA was to study it, and the lucky student would get an education that put them ahead in society. It doesn't really do anything to randomly gift a "luck" title to someone without these reasons/perks.

It's uso, not usa, Jewell.

>Exactly, if we go by the assumption that Amami's true talent is SHSL Luck considering it's linked to a dangerous terrorist (Komaeda) it's easy enough for us to see why he wouldn't want that exposed.
Well it's not like we know what are the exact details of what he goes through during his travels since he keeps it pretty vague. It's implied it's pretty shady shit he doesn't want to talk about. Probably has something to do with his sister since that's why he's travelling.

>But what would be the benefit? The point of having luck in HPA was to study it,
Which could be the same for the government.

>and the lucky student would get an education that put them ahead in society
And the lucky student through the Gifted System would be able to run for office and other big positions in society.

Exactly. Also, considering Kaito tells you his little stunt of using forged papers to take the astronaut exam got him into trouble I do believe the Gifted System is meant for surveillance of sorts while also offering benefits for those that qualify.

If so there would be no point for such a lottery as such a person can't be considered to be worthy of being monitored while Amami likely escaped enough dangerous situations to warrant attention.

This is also something I thought of, yeah. And if we assume Shirogane's true talent might be SHSL Copycat which is considerably more dangerous than SHSL Cosplayer, she might be so annoyingly vague in her FTEs as people with such talents would naturally be regarded as being threats.

Fug.

Oh shit, there was Hunger Games drama last thread?

Honestly the one or two Zero Escape or Ace Attorney submissions we got each game were fine since they're at least tangentially connected to DR. Persona too. Stuff like that one game where Kanye West was there was pretty funny too. People seemed to go a step further and bring Fire Emblem and literally who's in though and ruined it.

>I do believe the Gifted System is meant for surveillance of sorts while also offering benefits for those that qualify
That's basically how HPA worked though.

>If so there would be no point for such a lottery as such a person can't be considered to be worthy of being monitored while Amami likely escaped enough dangerous situations to warrant attention.
Just like how a lucky student can't be considered worthy of being studied by HPA.

>while Amami likely escaped enough dangerous situations to warrant attention.

So the government scouted him for a title that doesn't represent his true talent then? It would make him similar to Junko then with how the committee scouted her.

Don't bring this shit up again.

That's basically how HPA worked though.
Not really, considering how people like Junko can get away with things like blowing up normies in DR3 while it's unlikely this is the case here.

> Just like how a lucky student can't be considered worthy of being studied by HPA.
It kind of makes me wonder if the lottery would have continued were it not for Komaeda being discovered considering he did actually know how to manipulate his luck to an extent.

Yeah. They probably can't say for sure if he's SHSL Luck, so SHSL Adventurer is pretty much Amami's codename in their database.

>Not really, considering how people like Junko can get away with things like blowing up normies in DR3 while it's unlikely this is the case here.
We don't know that though. We know hardly anything about how the government works here.

>It kind of makes me wonder if the lottery would have continued were it not for Komaeda being discovered considering he did actually know how to manipulate his luck to an extent
It depends. If not Komaeda, then maybe Naegi would have done something. Who knows.

>So the government scouted him for a title that doesn't represent his true talent then? It would make him similar to Junko then with how the committee scouted her.
Pretty much.

>We don't know that though. We know hardly anything about how the government works here.
Which is true. My speculations are based on what some of the characters have said but those like Kaede make it seem pretty much like HPA's system, while Saihara being made a detective for solving one murder before the police might be interesting, then there's also what Kaito said about himself.

The other unusual one is Ouma, if he's not bluffing in his FTE he's recognized as a Supreme Leader by the government but his poor physical shape and worldwide escapades might suggest otherwise.

>Which is true. My speculations are based on what some of the characters have said but those like Kaede make it seem pretty much like HPA's system, while Saihara being made a detective for solving one murder before the police might be interesting, then there's also what Kaito said about himself.
True but again it doesn't really tell us for certain how they would work and even so it's not like if we know if the members of the government are united on their way of thinking. It's not like the HPA leaders were as we see with Jin and the committee.

>The other unusual one is Ouma, if he's not bluffing in his FTE he's recognized as a Supreme Leader by the government but his poor physical shape and worldwide escapades might suggest otherwise.
His stunts with DICE could also just tie in with his SHSL Supreme Leader title.

There's many speculations of Amami being actual SHSL Lucky student with 'Adventurer' as fake talent but nothing was confirmed. I think there's no lucky student because V3 don't have same setting as other games.

But here's my idea: maybe Amami was originally Lucky student in the starting of development (beta Amami reminded me awfully of Naegi and Komaeda) before changed to Survivor and Adventurer talent for sake of 'completely different from DR1 and DR2, guys!' purpose of V3.

Or maybe he's the Lucky Adventurer.

The image on the last can badge hasn't been shown yet, right?

Sleepy bread.

What did I mis-
Oh.
Well, it's not going to stop me.

truly the best!

Please, God, let me meet her!

Physician, heal thyself

>guys we shouldn't cooperate to escape we'll just be playing into the mastermind's hands
>hey hot chick let's cooperate even though we don't trust each other build me weapons and we can escape
>chapter 4 happens
What did he mean by this?

The robot is mine!

Find out in DRO, the perspective manga with a shitty art style that reduces everything to mindhack!

Harunyaki!
m.imgur.com/uuYIjXu?r

i want to hold her hand!

Chocolate Koko!

THIS THREAD EVEN MORE DEAD THAN THESE TWO

They're alive in my heart!
Damn you piano slut and wallpaper scum!

I want to do things with her!

Who hurt you, user?

He was quite surprised inside of NWP at first, but then Kokichi started acting like a douche so Gonta decided to keep an eye on him for everyone's sake. After he saw the Remembering Light, he was acting naturally, didn't talk a lot. After they left the NWP, he was confused, claimed that he was asleep all the time and kept repeating that he doesn't understand what's everyone talking about.

Noone.
I just want to do things with Koko.

Yo /drg/.
How goes shit?
Is it as dead as a rats ass?
Anything new?

Hiyo, Kuzu. Yeah, it's deader than dead right now.
I won't let you do things to Koko then!

How many times do I have to tell your retarded ass to fuck off from these threads and never come back?
Seriously fuck off and take these retards that suck your dick with you.

Yohoho.
Yeah we're pretty dead right now. We talked about the Amami event last thread. Oh, and we also had a HG as well, though Junkofag got really salty after hosting it (since we had 11 non-DR submissions).

I want to kiss her on the cheek!

Posting best girl!

Damn, not even any new beta shit?

You can say it as many times as you like, not like I care.

Huh, I see, what about any new betas?

I wasn't salty though, it just wasn't fun because it's supposed to be a Danganronpa related hunger game, not some outsider entries derailing it

Nope. Nothing new about the betas.
I'm still waiting for Iruma's.

No new betas revealed sadly.

Oh huh, I just got the impression last night that you were, but yeah understandable. It was still fun in a way.

But I already did.
No, Kaito-kun already did. And there's nothing you can do about it.
Hi, Kuzu.
How are you today?

Nonsense. If that were the case, Ouma-kun wouldn't be laying down drawing with me.

Damn, that's a shame.
What about the anthology, anything come from that?

Hey, I'm fine, had a good sleep.

Why don't you have your own artbook and anthology though?

I think Kuzu said that his are coming late or something?

I didn't bother buying the anthology because I knew it wouldn't have anything worthwhile.
Friends bought artbook but I'd prefer seeing scans or pics of it honestly. I had a feeling it wasn't going to reveal much aside from Amami's scrum debate sprite, the relationship charts and betas of characters.
Dunno about the spoiler image though.

Yeah, mine has been delayed, so I'm relying on the betas being revealed until my copy rolls around.
Friends aren't helping either because they are only showing pics of their favorites.
Only thing that came on time was the EE game and I had to buy that instore...

So, a couple thoughts on these Hoshis.

>They're all non-standard designs.
And this is weird because with the exception of Yamada (who doesn't really count because the series wasn't really well defined back then) this hasn't happened before. Teruteru went through several phases of handsome bishounen men; Nidai and Ibuki both have a few cartoony betas. Even Yamada's sister from UDG has a standard anime girl design in the artbook. Hoshi is the only character who seems to have been planned to look weird from the ground up. It is an integral part of his character.

>They don't appear to be tennis players.
Aside from one who has a similar logo on his hat, none of these little dudes really scream 'sportsmen'. Especially not the knife wielding elf. But they DO look like prisoners! So we can guess that the tragic backstory was in place from the very beginning.

This more or less confirms that Hoshi was always supposed to be an experiment in pairing a serious and sad character with a strange design. It's a shame that he's low down on the popularity charts because they might not try something like this again and also because I love him.

Why would you even prefer to see scans or pics instead of visiting your friends and seeing the artbook with your own eyes?

jinjojess.tumblr.com/image/160112880868
>Monokuma Desu Note

Heh. Are those stickers? Because man, I want 'em all.

The friends that bought them live in Osaka, which is my hometown, so I can't exactly visit them whenever I want.
Especially with the care of kiddos.
Plus, scans and pics are more convenient in my opinion.

Yeah, Hoshi's designs seem like they planned for the weird look since the beginning, which makes sense.
As well as the prisoner getup.

Good morning /drg/! I see the thread's a bit... dead.

Also, Tonight I had a dream of beta Kaito, it was nice. I still want to fuck Kaito.

jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/160111436888/i-let-our-friend-be-toujou-haha-team-table
Looks like it was a really fun event.

Yeah, they're stickers.
I like the running ones.

Hiyo, Kaito-user!
Sounds like a nice dream.

>Kumanomidou was back, now as the SHSL Doctor, despite being a prep school student and then a member of Branch 2, falling out of a locker at the start.
Wat?

What's your problem? I'll take him over people like Jewell.

Good Hoshi is a shit and we don't need another character who people are gonna pretend is deep and interesting just because he has generic tragic backstory but he has a weird design so totally complex guys!

Spotted the Cuckrumifag

What are some of your favorite scenes/moments in the DR3 anime, /drg/? Mine are:

*Chiaki's Death Scene
*Most if not all of Juzo's scenes
*"Damn you despair", "You know why"
*Daddy Kizakura's Death Scene for how dramatic it was
*Junk getting beat up by Izuru
*Almost the whole Despair Episode 4

I'm not even a Kaitofriend but I wanna have a threesome with Beta Kaito and Final Kaito. Also I love this image so much.

It's just really odd to me how these events played out, especially considering that Gonta can't be so fucking stupid as to not know left from right.

I'll take the average shitposter over any avatarfags, tripfags and namefags.

Eh, I can easily see him being confused with wires, especially when Himiko was sitting next to him and repeating "the hand I use to hold chopsticks" several time.

Gomen.
Juzo getting stabbed was the best
>why
>you know why
>Speed walks away
>Damn you despair

People don't even allow shitposting anymore though. Any light-hearted wars or Tulpa/Amami/Mugi shitposting is shut down instantly

Must be like the mock class trials you can have back in the Danganronpa Namja Town 2014/15 events.

It's fine, don't bother replying.

So you like eating shit, good to know. Sorry but not everyone here likes shit as much as you do.

Every time Ruruka appeared.

That was exactly what my dream was about. I loved it.

I'm surprised none of the japanese Kaito artists I follow have drawn fanart of beta Kaito yet.

Stay mad that your fave could never, brah

Read the last thread and you might see that shitposting will never die.