/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Comfy Homestead Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

dooglamoo-cities-mod.wikia.com/wiki/Mineshaft
pastebin.com/cRDGVP03
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/tree-spirit
reddit.com/r/feedthebeastservers/
piratepad.net/autismserb
defeatedcrow.jp/modwiki/HeatAndClimate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

On an expedition up North. Probably won't make it too far without having to ford a river.

Only mineshaft you will ever need.
dooglamoo-cities-mod.wikia.com/wiki/Mineshaft

Can you give any gun to a Techguns turret? Can I make a rocket launcher turret?

I think I saw one in the trailer for it.

Oh god it works.
I guess I know what my next project will be.

nuclear death ray turrets

Oh, to those who can craft Rods of the Shaded Mesa, you can use it to deflect arrows from firing Skeletons and get rid of stray Ghast Fireballs and Wither Skull projectiles. Curiously, it sucks in those stray projectile entities from a distance that's way bigger than its effective range on mobs. As soon as you get them close, you can just stick them to the ground to explode. Voila, no more stray floating entities.

Also, if you're feeling extra sadistic, you can feed your pet Hungry Node by playing Minecraft basketball and chucking mobs into it.

Easy there, Satan.

It would be great if techguns had casaba howitzers.

Setting up a small survival server for me and some buddies, there will probably be 6 people. Any cool ideas for the server? I want to make it fun for my friends.

Go retro
Tekkit Classic or Hexxit

add gregtech

TFC + gregtech in a nigger rigged setup that makes them work together

How can i make the worldgen mainly islands?

Climate control, up weighting of oceanic biomes, lower weighting of non-ocean biomes.

Thanks.

Could you explain further? I'm not sure what up weighting and lower weighting means.

What mod adds that car? Also post your modlist please, I want to try that top comfy.

what texture pack is that?

Isabella II. Has a fuckton of mod support too.

So does the antique atlas mod work with minimaps like Xaero's? I love the look of it but I'd only use it for decorative purposes honestly.

iirc, there is a minimap addon for it.
There is also integration with signpost mod to have teleportation with it too.

But no, as far as I know, no minimaps work with it.

That's unfortunate. I was hoping to get some nice medieval maps of my world, but oh well.

An an example, here's a climate control config file that generates mainly warm biomes with mostly ocean and sparse small islands.
pastebin.com/cRDGVP03

Castlefag here with today's report:

>All non-quest related bugs that I found have been fixed.
>Traps should now work properly
>Changed a bit one of the areas to make it less obvious.
>Remade all DLC bosses to be more challenging now.
>Changed the overly overpowered NPCS
>Two new merchants: Beaumont and Lucius.
>Made regular merchants more expensive because you'll be getting tons of money anyway.
>Added enchanting table 2.0 so you can repare lore items without fucking their shit up.

To do:
>Nerf Final Guard, because 70 hits with the most powerful sword is a bit too much.
>Nerf Valkyrie. Seriously, fuck these winged cunts.
>Fix and link properly all dialogs and quests
>Fix spelling mistakes and boring stuff.
>Add potions and shit to make it easier for players to advance.

how do i disable extreme hills?
its literally ruining everything

Perhaps try changing the unwanted biomes under "vanilla biome climates" to something like cold or snowy, and further increase warm zone indices if that doesn't remove them

Whats the best server host?

Gonna take a break tomorrow so I can release it on Monday.

Years ago somebody had this idea where you're playing a "tree spirit" and you can only walk on wood logs (your roots) and have to slowly expand to get to new places.

Was there ever some mod made that enforced these rules? I thought it was a fun idea.

1 second on google
come on man
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/tree-spirit

>tier 3 loot crate gives me 12 aluminium ingots before I even make an EBF

I just tried playing Tinker's Construct, and I'm a little conflicted. I like the idea of actually having to cast metal and assemble a tool from its component parts, and I think it's great to finally be able to make arrowheads from anything other than flint (fuck mojang's artificial arrow scarcity desu famalam).

However, it's really, really tedious to make stuff. First you have to make patterns- which can be used infinitely, so once you make all the part patterns you're essentially stuck with a bunch of blank patterns you don't fucking need and will never use unless you're needing to make new tables for another location.
It's just inelegant and clunky, you could probably eliminate the pattern table altogether and merge it with the part builder table.
Instead of making a pattern, dragging it into your inventory, putting it into the part builder, building your part, taking it back out again to put in another pattern, and ad infinitum; it would be a lot more streamlined to select a pattern via a button, pop in your material, and make the part that way. Hell, just eliminate the tool bench while you're at it and combine the tool parts on the regular crafting bench/crafting table supplied with the mod.

Also, the starting tier stone/nonmetal tools/weapons actually seem shittier and more bland than the vanilla ones, having less damage overall and too-similar stats. The hatchet/axe replacement has shit damage and meh swing speed, unlike the vanilla version which has very slow swing speed but does a lot more damage for every full swing, making it a good tool for slaughtering farm animals in one hit and killing risky single targets like the creeper in as few hits as possible. The regular sword is pretty much the same as vanilla but with lower damage.

tl;dr I like the idea of the mod a lot, but there are some major annoyances that I can't get my head around.
What are your thoughts/experiences on Tinker's Construct?

It sounds like you'd essentially be playing as an NPC character.
The concept sounds interesting, but I think it might get old pretty quick.

Is there anything that can tweak vanilla brewery recipes for 1.7.10?

about how many people play on the new horizons server?

Around 3-5 people. Why?

What floor should I use for this, its a tournament arena/colliseum.

Is OptiFine just a meme? I turned it off for shiggles and my game is actually running faster than when I have it on. Playing with mods btw.

Stone brick varieties, I'd say. What's the resource pack?

Is there a serb I should play on if I want to do tech stuff without going maximum Gregtism mode or playing with /pol/?

It's so fucking boring to play Minecraft alone, even modded out the ass. I guess my autisms can't overpower my need to collaborate with others while I build stuff.

>Wanting a easymode safe space

reddit.com/r/feedthebeastservers/

Here are some options, the texture pack is Isabella FTB which has mod support.

Just got the Minecraft urge again and playing it with a friend.

What is a good and easy modpack to grab which has some exploration in it? Hopefully with automation.
- Botania
- Galacticraft / Space mods
- Thaumcraft
- Mechanism
- Thermal Expansion
etc

Any ideas?

>you want an easymode safespace if you want something between vanilla and Greg

>not wanting to dedicate eight hours to making an iron pickaxe because server is tweaked to be intentionally as obfuscated and microcrafting-heavy as possible
>easymode
>not wanting to play with the absolute scum of the earth /pol/tards
>safe space
(You)
I'd probably have a better time playing with reddit faggots anyway,
/mcg/ serbs always died after a week or two.

I made it back to the homestead in one piece-- found a bunch of artifacts.

I got surrounded far in the north after spelunking deep in a desert cavern. I emerged only to be greeted by a swarm of zombies and creepers. I owe my survival to the stoutness of 7.62 RFN.

Modlist?

TimberFrames.jar and the particular version of Machetemen Arms Pack are custom. Some guy ages ago ripped the timber frames from Millenaire for me and I modified the weapons sounds in the Machetemen Arms Pack because the originals sound awful.

If you're then I'll save you the trouble let you know that the land rover is from Manus' DayZ pPack, which is a content addon for Flan's; the tent and bedroll are from The Camping Mod; and the backpack and hat are from Adventure Backpack.

I'm trying to add dynamic lighting to the TFOR pack, but for whatever reason it just won't load. the pack runs fine with it, but it has no effect

anyone have any idea why this could be? pls help

I want to fuck a cube.

Cubes are the best.

iron golem a best

nvm I'm retarded, it's the config file

So im using Pam's harvestcraft but I cant seem to make new saplings. I've tried using 1 or 3 fruits with the saplings and it wont let me make any of them. Am I missing something? Running it on 1.7.10 if it matters.

only some fruits and nuts make saplings

Im looking at the wiki and at the ingame item list

Like I got an apple one to work, but pear for example isn't despite its similar formula and sapling.

Think I found it out. Its a pear from biomes o plenty and not Pam's which I thought were supposed to be compatible.

>wonder how much your favorite mod has progressed
>it has gotten objectively worse

>wonder how much your favorite mod has progressed
>it's dead

>use an eye of ender for the first time to locate a stronghold
>flies 10+ blocks in front of me and explodes
Well fuck you too

What is the comfiest mod pack?

The one you make yourself.

got any suggestions ;_;?

I hope you're using Matmos for mega comfy

What do you like doing? Building? Exploring? Autismatization?

I'm not, but it's certainly something I'm interested in now, thanks.

piratepad.net/autismserb

Remember to come here if you want your gregtech autism.

>Autismatization
Got Factorio for that so epxloring maybe, building. Just want something comfy and relaxing

Streams mod is pretty great for this. Build a shack near a river and you'll have flowing water sounds 24/7.

what do you guys think about pixel reality?

It's great.

it's just a shame there's no BoP support

It changes the texture of every Underground Biomes stone into something completely different. I don't understand.
Thanks for reminding me about it by the way, I'll take a look at how my current map looks with it.

I like the lighting/shader thingy that comes with it. any way to use it with other RPs? I'm not talking about the "PR Luminance" addon

You get tool and new craft mechanics complexity for a performance hit at all times, even if none of the content is being used. And you eventually craft cave-tunneling tools that regen and are good for the rest of the map run. Personally i liked the new aspect of gender fluid metals over ingots. It makes fluid piping somewhat more interesting than water, lava, fuel, etc. I dream of making a factory where the entire floor is the top of the forgery (FLOOR IS MOLTEN METALS).

If your willing to extend into 1.10.2; Heat and Climate does a bit of everything: food cooking, comfy housing blocks, torque mechanics, metal crafting, power, magic, mining, and climate affects. This is just one mod and its dependency; and the mod has a bit of mod support crossover (forestry, immersive engineering, railcraft, etc).

I will forever shill Heat&Climate mod.

sci-fi furniture when

Is there any modpack at all that contains Psi? I miss ComfySerb.

Maybe try TFC or Minefantasy2 for gameplay enhancing without focusing on tech or magic autism. Maybe Witchery as well plus Archimedes ships, Bop, Recurent Complex, Ancient Warfare, Millenaire if you dont mind it being buggy.

Is their any comfy servers thats vanillia? I just want a small town without any mods.

I'm trying to put together a little mod pack, but I haven't played since last summer. What's the preferred version, still 1.7.10?

Sorry lad, Im more incompetent than Mojang so it all went down to the shit, plus Im busy with personal things so I cant take the time to finish it.

Apple milk & tea mod 2 updated i believe, same with maple tree
That furniture's part of heat and climate?

>Heat and Climate
Is there a guide or do I have to figure out things by myself?

Whats new in the updates?
Comfy

New place-able foods, jaws for jaw crushers, etc for AMT, new foods for Maple as well for grain dryer and spice trees, and more. Wish someone can update them for 1.8 and beyond.

>That furniture's part of heat and climate?
yup.

Put the wiki in a translator:
defeatedcrow.jp/modwiki/HeatAndClimate
I HIGHLY recommend JEI , because the climate crafting are also included in the listings and you will be referencing the craft recipes for blocks often.

Tech Tree craft order: T1 Brass->T2 steel->T2-T3 Bunch of alloys (fluid proccessing equipment and then power generation). Each tier needs more heat.
Need the "hot furnace" to start (get 4 blaze rods), burner stove burns just as hot and recommend asap. To cook UHT you need to power the heat exchanger above a hot heat source.

I find the foods from that guy (defeatedCrow) tend to high high saturation. Good for long runs.

GIVE
ME
A
COMFY
MODPACK
PREFERABLY WITH TECH+MAGIC

seconded. TFOR is great but I have attained post-scarcity

Here on Veeky Forums we prefer you make your own and keep it to your own. Quit begging.

>muh sekrit club mentality except only one person is allowed

>asking to see if anyone has one they'd like to share
>begging
holy fuck, calm your autism. like asking around is equivalent to fucking panhandling

Aw sweet, is heat and climate available for 1.7.10? It would look good with my AMT, bamboo, mcray and maple tree stuff.

user, that wasn't asking, it was quite obviously demanding.
Here, add whatever and remove whatever:

I'm fairly sure it was meant to be hyperbolic, but I'm sorry that that user's caps rage triggered you. thanks for the pack recommendation tho

Threads get filled of modpack requests. Honestly how anyone thinks we create brand new original & sparkly pack of mods all zipped up and ready for epen, is beyond me.

What we can do is recommend mods, if they have not been said already in the thread.

Who even tracks the lastest mod packs anyways? There are always modders updating mods and ways to track news that way.

What mod adds that giant door and the 1.8 door?

Pixel Reality is breddy gewd, sort of reminds me of Isabella with the low-saturation low-contrast color scheme and melancholy, kind of rustic art style. Not to mention the fantastic colored lighting and deep darkness at night and underground. If you weren't afraid of the dark before, you definitely will be now. Getting caught out in the dark and facing a crowd of mobs in near absolute darkness, lit only by a flickering torch held in one hand and a sword in the other... it's pretty badass. Pixel Reality has a great atmosphere.
To anyone who uses this pack, I'd highly recommend getting Optifine so you can have dynamic lighting (light sources dropped or held in hand light up the surrounding area), because you are definitely going to need it.

My only problem with it is that the contrast is a little TOO low, when it comes to the items. The items are a muddy mess, it takes some time to get used to sorting out some items from the other. That, and since it deviates so much from the default art style, mods can tend to clash pretty heavily visually with it.
Overall though, it's fantastic. There's also a seperate resource pack so you can use the same lighting in other packs, which is cool.

Image Hint.
I think green tea gives a time stacking mining buff per drink. SHIT IS COMFY.