/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 29th:
1429 – Joan of Arc arrives to relieve the Siege of Orléans.
1910 – The Parliament of the United Kingdom passes the People's Budget, the first budget in British history with the expressed intent of redistributing wealth among the British public.
1916 – World War I: The UK's 6th Indian Division surrenders to Ottoman Forces at the Siege of Kut in one of the largest surrenders of British forces up to that point.
1945 – World War II: The German army in Italy unconditionally surrenders to the Allies.
1945 – World War II: Führerbunker: Adolf Hitler marries his longtime partner Eva Braun in a Berlin bunker and designates Admiral Karl Dönitz as his successor; Hitler and Braun both commit suicide the following day.

>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

see

pls. I want to form Arabia

I don't know what the fuck is this hrrrrt shit is but I'm killing it before it unites east and west through heirs.

Although idea of fraticelli byzantine is amusing.

What the fuck even is that steppefag langugae

Brown and half-based

W&B

God

More like mountain slavs or something

>Observing CKII game.
>Karlings constantly reconquer revolting Saxony.
>Murder the spanish Caliphate after every truce ends.
>Constantly hange from West France to East France and or Middle France and back.
If I didn´t know any better, I´d say they have identidy issues.

SuperPower 2

???

There should really be an option to disable CoA's on the map, desu, they make it look really cluttered.

You must be fucking literally retarded, they're armenians

What titles does the guy have?

Do you get shit modifiers like highway robber bands if you're above your demense limit? I noticed the levy and income penalty caps out at 90% so couldn't you in theory just ignore the demense limit, sooner or later you'll become so big that even with a 90% penalty you'll still be rich and powerful.

>14th century start date

Is Majapahit OP as shit in that start? If not, they should be.

Francia orientalis which is essentially HRE except neither holy, nor roman nor an empire but rather a Heretical Bulgaro-German Kingdom.

Majapahit have the most development in the region I believe, but not by much. Pasai Malay and Brunei all can be successful, and generally dont mess with Majapahit too much because of AI cant into boats, and have no reason to attack provinces they cant core.

Majapahit has all of indonesia/malaya as vassals.

Sounds about right, then.

Nice. Ive never seen this happen and I have 500+ hours

Im waiting for HIP to be integrated with Ancient Religions to get back into the game

>>Im waiting for HIP to be integrated with Ancient Religions to get back into the game
>Historical Immersion Project
>dead meme religions

pick one

This is the 1444 start, none of them are tributaries or vassals of the Majapahit

>vanilla

1444 Majapahit is pretty much dead unless you are playing MEIOU since they have early start.

Well yeah, that makes sense. Majapahit was a titan in the 1300s, but kind of started imploding a little after 1400, partly because of the emergence of Islam in the west of the archipelago. Around 1500, Islam started breaking up the core realm in Java itself, starting with the rise of Demak.

I just want to play as a count who secretly worships Zeus. Its well known that people in power practice paganism so this isnt historically inaccurate

That's fair enough, because of what I just said in . I was just asking if, in the non-vanilla earlier start dates of some mods, like 1356, Majapahit started in a better position (since I didn't have MEIOU or other such mods).

its just larping, no one actually believes that meme shit

Want me to boot up Extended Timeline and check?

Majapahit died because of succession crisis and too much autonomy not because Islam. When Islam came to Archipelago Majapahit was already a skeleton.

I did say "partly," though you're right, it wasn't the chief cause.

I suppose in EU4 terms, they had a civil war disaster happen and everything went to shit.

That would be nice, thanks. If you could post a screencap of both the earliest start date and the 1444-equivalent start date, that'd be fantastic. I'd like to see how accurately/inaccurately they got all the tiny-ass kingdoms.

The earliest startdate I got with them by toggling the calendar. No vassals or tributaries and other subjects.

>even with a 90% penalty
So you would rather summon 100 troops from over 100 counties instead of summoning 1000 troops from 10 counties?

The first historical start date I can select in the menu with it. No subjects of any kind either. Started and it gave me a standard mission to subjugate a neighbor. Controls the darker red parts on the islands.

yes

And here is 1444. No vassals and so on either, just territorrial losses.

>those borders
>1290s

Hm. Guess they recycled Majapahit to also represent Singhasari.

Also

>Pagarruyung exists

I thought that kingdom got founded in like the 1350s or something.

Suicide is always an option

Forgot the 1444 pic. Singhasari is selectable before 1293.

But what if I suicide everyone else by conquering the entire world, owning every single holding and then executing every last courtier, and then killing mysef?

So is there any way to dismantle Bulgaria? Do I just have to sow dissent or something?

Alright. So they haven't changed the borders from vanilla 1444 EU4, then (aside from giving Tidore control of Halmahera).

I think I ranted about why this map irritated me earlier, here: Thanks for the screenshots.

Invite claimants and push their claims without landing them, that should give them independent realms if I'm not mistaken. Also, have you already run out of things to spend money on? Your bankroll is huge.

>45 tech in all areas

Just how high does the tech tree go in that mod

Where can I get the cheapset EUIV anons?

It doesn't normally happen. I spent a ton of money keeping HRE from forming by killing the leaders so it all was split in the weird ways. (and they did a good job of dying in battles themselves anyway).
It all almost went to shit when karlings run out of heirs and empire to be merged under Bulgarian king but luckily he was fraticellin (but secretly cathar) and decided to BTFO pope instead forming Cathar patriarchy.
One more generation and what's left of Francia should hopefully shatter to an extent where it will never recover into a monolith state.

How do I get cream_api to work for CK2?

Really far. It goes to the year 9999 and the last start date 2017 as of now. I think the tech levle was something in the 90s?

If you play in the earliest two start dates 2 and 58 you have to wait decades if not centuries to get the first idea groups due to various penaltys on if you´re in antiquity, early middle ages or somewhere else. There are so called primitive ideas you have to get before even getting the "normal" techlevels. The 40/50 are last I checked the equal to unmodded 4 - 6. Need to look that up again, though.

NWO is the preferred modern day mod for /gsg/, right? When is the start date? Modern politics have me feeling like Cold War and our only chance at a game got scrapped

CWE is the preferred mod, NWO was dropped after the region overhaul

Thanks lad. Anything I should know before I jump in?

Not really, CWE is pretty straightforward. More railroaded from what I can remember, GPs have by far the most flavour and compared to NWO it should be harder for minors to make big land grabs.

what game?

>declare on france to seize the shitty little indonesian island they started colonizing
>2 years later 25000 swedes invade california

fucking AI

literally everything wrong with this game in a single image

Any game. Unless you mean the canceled one which is EvW. Damn shame as it looked like it was going to be good, even if it was behind schedule. Guessing Paradox really canceled it because of their shift in business model rather than logistics.

Otto is fighting Persia and Oman.
I'm allied to Otto, but he hasn't called me in yet, worried that he's gonna call me in when oman and persian armies are in awkward places and will devastate some of my prosperous lands.

Should I get EU4? What am I in for? I just want to go and genocide savage (((colored))) people

For that time being yeah, Constantinople really IS very powerful when it comes to money. I don't really ever run out of money, my monthly balance is within the 19-22 range constantly, but I think I can go even higher soon.

Also Paris is Aztec majority now.

Show map

k lads

I don't think the Aztecs can get any further than this. I only really enabled them so I can play Duke Nukem and save the women of Europe. I can't do shit until they're close enough though.

Also I'm not helping that Armenian faggot with his constant wars, I just don't want to take the prestige hit.

yeah?

Burma world power by 3782

based niggermod poster

I was thinking of Espionage, but I might go exploration just so I can hunt for the seven cities.

ayyy

>no india, eastern half of urals are gone, mali is gone
That map looks pretty fucking sweet actually. I don't play HIP but their mapper is GOAT

Guys, I want to mod a synthetic rubber factory in Vic2:
- make an invention that allows building this factory
- make factories that benefit from rubber in state benefit from it
- make AI being able to build it
What should I do?

I suppose it should be in the same tech as coal liquefication plant, the factory taking oil as raw resource (or liquor - there is a way to synthetize butadiene from ethanol).

>get 500 prestige before the ai
>win with free doomstack
I had forgotten how easy it was to blob with tribalshits. Now I just have to wait for 100g and I can form based Poland

Could someone please explain dutch republic for me? After reading about it, it's not clear to me if I get rulers that will rule for life instead of 4 year cycles?

>I want to mod a synthetic rubber factory in Vic2
But synthetic rubber wasn't viable until after Liqqy's timeline.

>make factories that benefit from rubber in state benefit from it

what's the point then? Adding factories and resources in Vicky is a terrible idea, see PDM

But he has a time machine.

>Liqqy
?
Also, the first rubber plant was established before the first coal liquefication plant.

is this your first time posting here?

>what's the point then?
Well, it wold be strange if it consumed any rubber but only benefited from natural rubber.
>Adding factories and resources in Vicky is a terrible idea, see PDM
Yes, but how bad could one end-game factory make it?

No, but I don't know who Liqqy is. Liquor + what?

>the first rubber plant
Cool story, that doesn't make it viable. The reality of the situation is that they were war-time factories as temporary stop gap measures in place of natural rubber. Once the war ended, the factories closed. Viable production of synthetic rubber doesn't even begin until '40 with Ameripol.

Confirmed newfag.

>temporary stop gap measures in place of natural rubber
But in Vic2, rubber shortage is not temporary. It's constant. It would be natural to start the production of synthetic rubber, just as natural as coal liquefication was in the countries that had no access to oil IRL.

Yeah but do you have any idea behind the processes and techonologies behind it?
When it was invented and how efficient it was?

Or you could just tweak rubber production in the files to make it more realistic, but sure, let's go with the ahistorical fantasy approach that the AI has continually proven itself unable to deal with in any way.

Where does the money in V2 initially come from?

I've never actually done a game as the UK in HPM. Worth or nah? Seems like it would be rather micro intensive.

this guy right here just singlehandedly won me a civil war, thanks m8

do it

Hm. Well, that might be a solution. How do I do it? And in that case, I'd like to eliminate coal liquefication pant from the game.

UK exists to be ruined and dethroned

Taxes

V2 money comes form gold mines/precious metals

>1024x768
very impressive, my peenoise lad

>How do I do it?
You'd need to find the provincial files for rubber production and then increase the base amount. As to which file it is, you're asking the wrong guy.

>And in that case, I'd like to eliminate coal liquefication pant from the game.
Unsure. You should probably increase oil production in the game as well if you're going to do this.

What do you even do?

>invest into hospitals
>surviving plague while the rest of the europe shits itself

whatever you want, play world police and support every breakway state, blob, or just get comfy borders and do nothing the whole game

g2a or kinguin

>play world police
Why do redditors not understand this notion? >ew le icky blob why are you playing as icky bloberino?!?!?!
I guess they're just too casual.

>triggered