Car is not angry

Car is not angry.
Car is happy it still runs
>I know I leak sometimes. But I still keep running for you.

There's just something I love about these older cars.

Car is angery

car wants to be free
car wants to run
but owner wants too much
he knows what he has

iktf bro

>buy EA82 subaru for a grand in a really shitty period of life as my previous car shit the bed completely one fine day, broke as shit, depressed
>get basic maintenance out of the way, belts, some seals, general tuneup, etc
>leaves a few spots in the driveway every night, drinks a quart every 3k or so
>it becomes the only thing that brings me comfort, every time I get in, whether it's 0 or 100 degrees out, rain or shine or a foot of snow, i KNOW it will start and get me where i need to go, slowly but surely
>fast forward to today, 7 months and 20k miles of baby-ing later
>things are looking up, decide to get something a little newer and """"more reliable???""

>put it up on the rack at work to get some underbody shots of it to prove rust-free condition before sale
>coworker comes up as I'm taking photos - "dude you couldn't give this thing away"
>y-yeah ok man
>car loses power for a second on the freeway on the drive home today, a couple more times as I'm pulling into my neighborhood
>get out and open hood, everything seems ok
>sit down in the yard with a beer in hand, stare at it for 20 minutes

>I start to think about how it must be sad, it knows its time with me is up
>think for a second "man it's just an object, it's probably something with the TBI"
>dismiss that silly notion as it stares back at me, smiling

probably just out of gas

This feel hurts, bro

Cool novel

yea i kno brah, literally about to take it on its last drive before a wash, clay, and polish tomorrow morning, then it's going under a cover and awaiting the new owner

gonna chug a tallboy of pibber and crank the Cocteau Twins, hope i dont rek it lol yolo XD

update: went out to the car and it was out of gas, not being tempermental, maybe I'll give it 91 this time

read my blog at feelsthread.Veeky Forums.org/o/

>pibber
My boy

U N I O N

M
A
D
E

>tfw your glance at your old car as you drive away in a new one
feels bad man

I wasn't ready for this feel today wtf.

I just envisioned leaving my 05 ZX3 in a lot somewhere and driving off in a new 124 and I almost cried. I claim not to give two shits about that car is the thing. Couldn't imagine trading in my 300CE Jesus no

The absolute best cheap beer you can get. Anything else is wrong.
I had the same feel when I drove off and last saw my old Jetta.
>y-you're leaving me user? Was I not good enough?

All I can see is one of those cars from the brave little toaster.

God damn it now I'm in feels mood. Its okay. I'm not getting rid of the ZX3 until something catastrophic fails. I just don't see the point in getting rid of a perfectly reliable car that asks nothing of me. Need to fix that goddamn rattling heatshield though

Dad owned a Suzuki Van for 18 years. It had a special connection to the family. Dad bought it when I was born, it was the only car he could afford at that time and the Van had the same year of manufacture as my brother was born. In all it was 28 years old. We had clocked thousands of km in that thing. Dad's in the army so we travelled the length and breadth of he country in it.

Government imposes a ban on cars older than 15 years, have to sell it.

I almost cried when the scrap guy too kit away. It wouldn't start at first, probably didn't want to leave. The mechanic spent 2 hours trying to get it to run, but as stubborn as she was, she started ultimately.

It was sad to see her go. Goodbye Red Fairy.

What fucking shitty country do you live in?

>not having your vehicle "stolen" instead

To be fair, the ban was only imposed by my city, not the entire country.

>GL hatch back 4sp w/4lo
>aunt says when are you going to scrap that thing
>you can have my subaru when you pry it from my cold dead fingers

Oh.
Still though where do you live

I don't do illegal shit. Cops would've fucked my dad in the ass if they ever found out.

Pussy.

New Delhi. The city government banned diesel cars older than 10 years and petrol cars older than 15. Many people drive their old cars in the city, but my dad's had a very old registration number from the '80s, it was instantly recognisable by cops.

>living in a third world shithole
There's your problem.

Ahh. Well my condolences. Both for the van and for having to live in India

>after six years of driving a 1985 french shitbox, I felt like it was time to move on
>saved up for a used e36 316i, not a godmachine but better than my old, also RWD is life bruh
>glance at my old R9 in the garage
>"w/e i'll clean it up and sell it to a collector"
>a week later, a friend tells me about Mongol Rally
>the R9 is still there
>it matches the requirements
>realize with a year of maintenance and tuning, it would be perfect for a 15000km shitbox rally
>[muffled RAGE YOUR DREAM] playing in the distance

There's no better feel in the world than coming home after a hard workout and drinking a nice, cold pibber.

a 24oz cheaper than a pack of gum is a good feel, not the best beer but as a youngfag I can just go to the self-checkout counter at walmart, scan a 24oz arizona sweet tea, and drop pibbers in my shopping bag instead (self-checkout senses the weight, and they look alike enough that nobody notices)

not really stealing r-right?

had a rattling exhaust shield with stripped fasteners on my old Forester, just take the shit off m8

that EA81 motor will outlive both you and your aunt as long as the body doesn't rust out

these old subies are fuckin shitboxes but after driving new cars all day there's an inescapable sensation of "fuckkk yeaa" as I pull away in my rolling greenhouse, arm comfortably out the window, feeling the rasp of the flat four through the gas pedal

DESIGNATED SHITTING STREETS

also as referenced above, i took my last drive in it last night

hoped it had enough gas to get to the gas station, started it and it ran for about 3 seconds before sputtering out, had to push it a block uphill to the gas station, almost puked as I had chugged my pibber about 10 minutes prior

cruised downtown and parked to have a cancer stick, only then did it hit me that it could have died at any point on my hour-long commute in rush hour on 2 very major highways, but no

it ran to the last drop, finally dying in front of my house

it wasn't acting up at all, it fucking pushed through to the very end to get me home

you better believe she got a full tank of top tier 91 for the last fillup :'''(

Why get rid of a car that runs well that's what I sometimes don't understand. At least if you've had it a long time and it's sort of your sidekick

Dad owned a Peugeot 306 for 17 years.

>Once, my mom took it and banged the side on a pole trying to park.

Another time, when we were heading to Sparta for a family trip, the motor blew. Luckily, we were safe because still with a blown engine, the car still ran for a couple of meters to get us to safety. Dad replaced the engine with another 306 motor and it was up and running again.

Dad drove it accidentally in a pond (actually there was a lot of water on the road and it was nighttime so we couldn't see the water ahead of us). Apparently, the car hadn't suffered any major damages so the motor was running fine after draining all the water out.

>The y sensor doesn't work properly so it just stops running at uphill roads sometimes. Still not fixed for some reason.

>The back suspension squeaks when you get out or in it.

>The front driver's seat fabric had been worn so much that my mom had to stitch it together to keep it from just getting destroyed.

>Mom and dad deem it too costly to fully service so they gave it to me. I think they bought a suzuki swift or whatever. They never told me.

So far I have fixed the dents and scratches, and I plan on saving up to get coilovers for it.

I basically grew up in it and I have many fond memories of my dad's Peugeot 306. So I want to repay it for everything by fixing it up and getting it to the best condition possible.

No pictures of it sadly but I found one that somehow resembles it.

>Also I fucking dig this colour.

well for me at least, age is catching up to it, it needs a clutch, i think it's starting to leak from the rear main seal and input shaft as well so I'd have to pull the motor to fix both of those

I drive for an hour each way to work, all interstate, bumper to bumper traffic for half that time

the car runs at 4000 rpm at 75mph, and it's dog slow merging, especially with metered on-ramps

the cable-operated clutch is a real strain on my knee especially in traffic, and every time someone in front of me pulls off and then stops for no reason it makes me angry because I have to put more wear on the clutch and my bad knee

I am guaranteed to die in any accident above 40mph

I'd keep it, but it's not really good for anything, rust free so it's too nice to use as a snow car (which it's amazing in) or to offroad (which it's mediocre in at best, though fun), too slow and non-handling-oriented to use on the touge

it would also be another $1800/year to insure, and I don't have room for two cars

I have the money to buy a nice LS400 and do all the needed maintenance for a perfect city commuter, and the really nice Subies (which mine is) are starting to become quite valuable as they all rusted away decades ago

I love it to death, and it's served me well, but I can't let nostalgia overshadow my realistic needs and wants

that and the 13 inch wheels suck on the battered roads of the city, I'm swerving for potholes like a stancefag all the time

it's also beating the shit out of it to drive in traffic and shitty roads for hours a day, it's too nice

This one makes me sad. My dad was in the navy (American) and we had an ancient Chrysler caravan that took us all over the country too. I was 10 when we sold it, and I actually did cry to see it go. Childhood cars are always the hardest to let go, my friend.

this hit me as hard as /k/ tank feels thread

someone screencap this fuck im drownin in tears

>"B-But user! You had your first kiss inside me!"

I heard about that. Fucking tyrannical government. What about the classic cars? Best wishes from America

This is such a Texas photo.

>Parents buy a brand new green 96 Camry the year I was born
>drive it everywhere all around Texas
>within 15 years that car had enough miles to go to the moon and back
>never broke down, the car itself was very well taken care of
>the most damage that ever happened to was the one week we left it in an airport parking lot the sun rained hell on the paint, and within a year, the paint was pretty much destroyed
>oh and the rear bumper got a ding in a blockbuster parking lot

Fast forward two years

>my dad loses his job, we're living On a teacher salary, currently the camry has been out of service for about a month but we've kept it, and it wasn't still running fine, but by then we were using two cars as dd's
>15 GMC pickup
>15 Buick Enclave

We kept the Camry in case anything went wrong

It sat there, happily a waiting to start up

Sure it leaked a bit, the struts were bad and the throttle body was shot so it accelerated like a cruise ship.

It was the first car I popped the hood on.

I still have an REO Speedwagon CD my mom left in the glovebox.

AbouT a month ago some immagrants moved into the relatively big house next door.
They ran a used car business.
The day they moved in they asked for the car.
They said they would ship it to their "uncle in Florida" because he needed a reliable DD.
At the time my dad was still jobless.
Last week we sold it to them for 200 dollars.
It stayed in their driveway for 3 days while they detailed it.

And then it was gone.

Here's what's it looks like, just imagine that The hood just has bad paint damage.

I don't miss my old cars themselves, just the good times I had with them.

Classic car owners are stuck in limbo. The government hasn't given any clear answers. Most of the owners are registering their cars in other states, but you need to have a permanent residence in the other state to register.

F

so where is the line drawn between classic and garbage? 25 years?

Similar story for me, we had a Peugeot 406 diesel. It was a shitbox, but our shitbox since I was a kid. I got it when I was 7 in 2000 and when dad got rid of it in 2013 I cried a little.

I would like to buy one, but they are absolutely horrendous now. Not a single one is in decent conditions. Maybe the coupe versions.

>You weren't luxurious
>You were rusty and beaten
>You had a purr and growl like no other
>My first ever car
>You gave me awesome memories, from the early dawn to the late dusk
>Full of character and a spirit of a race car
> I didn't love you because you were perfect
>You were hurt but you still worked and we had problems but went through them together
>You are the reason why I started getting into cars
>I loved you because you weren't perfect, thank you

Well fuck

kys dude

My father drove an X Body Buick Skylark (exactly like pic related) well into the 2000s. It stalled at stop lights and hill bottoms. He would flip out and start cursing at the dashboard in mid traffic...

Nah I'm good

Yeaaa she's done for

Vintage - Cars & Motorcycles built before 1940
Classics - Cars & Motorcycles built between 1941 - 1960
Recent Classics - Cars built between 1961 - 1970

There are no official rules as such, but this is pretty much the standard classification followed by car clubs and the like

bump

>t-tops

into the trash it goes

>that dull gray midwestern landscape
>that cookie-cutter suburb
>that relic still standing in its element

c-comfy?