/hou/ - Night Wave: Human Beans

Welcome back to another Night Wave thread.

Recap of last week's events:

- The mini meet was a success, started at around 8PM and lasted till 2AM.
We met up at Starbucks and went straight to K1 Speed.
Decided to do 20 laps of the cloverleaf on memorial drive, kept going faster and faster each time.
Finished off with a aesthetic shot at House of Pies

- Two new videos are out, one as a detailing demo and the other of unboxing the new turbo for the 335i.
A two part series will be released, going into details of the single turbo swap, part 1 should be out in a few days.

- A 7's day event just happened last Friday, free rotary goodies were given out.

- There is some interest from a few members concerning the LeMons race,
it will be placed at MSR Houston. Event will take place in November, maybe one day we can have our car there.
Most of the cost is for the safety regulations, suits, equipment, roll cage, etc. If anyone is serious about that,
go check that out in November with others.

- European meet got cancelled on the last few days, but another one is in the works.

If you're interested in windshield banners, contact Dagumi or post in this thread with your car.
We have a few people interested but need a close estimate.

Another short run of the original Night Wave decals can be made if enough people are interested.

New Videos:

>- Turbo Kit unboxing - youtu.be/p2PQNQgcQoY
>- Detailing Demo Video - youtu.be/H7KiFZ7A2FA
>- Mini Meet Run - youtu.be/uxo9NI2DSiY

Check out our roster.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan

ZeeMaps
>zeemaps.com/map?group=2109989&location=Houston, TX#

Walkie Talkie app
>zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

Instagram
>instagram.com/night_wave

FD Memes are real

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ugqI1_D4pMI
zeemaps.com/map?group=2109989&location=Houston, TX#
youtu.be/5IsFwq7O5RY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Two of us will be in Austin tomorrow.

If you want to have a mini-meet/touge post here or send message on Instagram. San Antonio fags are welcome.

Good yall are back

>FD Memes are real
What did he mean by this? I haven't broken down in over 2 months.

I'm still holding down El Paso

>constantly checking oil levels every other time you park
>waiting before turning your car off
I've heard about people doing that but never saw that before.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing either of those things.

Yeah there isn't.

Does anyone else hate how they're finishing the roads now? Was just on 610 + i10 today and I thought my car was going to shake apart. I don't normally have a rough ride, but the new surface made me legit think my car was broken.

i noticed that too, there was something different about i10 but now it makes sense.

Sounds like 290. I always have to wrestle my steering wheel on certain parts of it even though my alignment is fine.

yeah it's that shit where it looks like striped right?
makes me feel like my car is wiggling

It's that line in the road which looks carved and uneven. It's so bad at highway speeds.

I bet cocksucker mayor Turner is pocketing the highway funds and doing the work on a ghetto budget.

what ghetto budget, the whole city is under construction no matter where you go
they just never stop
it's either they constantly trying to "fix" roads
or it's the telecom fags digging up new lines

Try going fast on 45 between I-10 and 288. It's like a roller coaster.

name is "Night Wave" but I don't here any Outrun or Synth music in any of the new videos

Its coming.
I have a track picked out but need to get some planning and footage done.

>I thought my car was going to shake apart.
It depends on the road texture. Some roads get re-finished and they press grooves into the concrete to aid in panic stops. But some tire treads respond to those grooves poorly.

I have a newish car (under 2 years old) and its continental brand tires really vibrate and make the car wiggle side to side like it was on tall stilts whenever I am on a metal grating like a those on certain bridges over a waterway. Whenever I come near a metal surface or metal grating road, I slow down beforehand. yeah, yeah, help, the sky is falling!

Part one of the single turbo swap is out!

youtube.com/watch?v=ugqI1_D4pMI

>drive a pos auto slushbox eco car
>only enjoyment is getting stuck into the insane Houston traffic where everyone wants to kill you
>watch endless videos of Houston street racing
>want to come out and play but only have like 140hp

Feels bad man :(

The fastest member we have drove a civic then a corolla.

Sup faggots.

I have 140 hp too and I'm a member

Just got back from playing on the ONLY twisties in the shithole town (LJ). Sorry for the late reply.

Sounds good man, how do I join y'all?? I'm about an hour outside of Houston but I'd drive up for sure for a little meet or something. I just want some driving buddies!

>how do I join y'all??
Just show up to a meet That's what I did.

I can do that.

When/where's the next meet

Had a meet today
fucking 10/10 meet since Texas State meet

Join discord

>follow threads
>come to meet when posted (usually a week before the meet date)
>show your shitbox to meet
>check out other shitboxes
>go back to thread and repeat

I go through my day pretty normal, like I'm a normal guy, I'm a swell guy. I'm a nice enough guy, I'm a cool kinda guy, heh, I'm a pretty groovy guy. But then I get a little SUGAR in me and I start to go cuckoo. Doesn't have to be much, this time around it was 2 of, 2 of them Fiber One Brownies, only 90 calories each! But they do the job, do y'know what I'm sayin? They get me going, they get me riled up! A little cuckoo, a little wacky. Start getting me a little Coocy, a little, y'know loopy! oo-oo. Hey somebody t- somebody put this kid in a padded cell, get him a straight jacket he's going a little... Wackyyyy. A little Coocy. He's off the walls, bananas, loco. You want me to stop, isn't that wonderful? Well let me just do whatever you say because it's your little fairytale.

Roster needs some major updating

You are correct, Rooster is getting old.

you forgot a major step about the orgy

Sounds good. I'll keep an eye on the threads and turn up to the next meet.

Y'all can check out my 100% stock auto focus sedan! Get ready to be jealous!!

>auto focus sedan
oh shit, we're about to get btfo : (

For real tho, what's the mix of cars like?? I'm not gonna be the only guy with a soulless ecobox am I?

Wide range of cars, from econoboxes to sports cars.
It doesn't matter what car you own really, it all matters on how you drive.
If you can enjoy your shitbox, then others around you will feel the same way.

Sounds good mate, I'll be at the next meet so long as I catch the post.

I'll be the British guy in the focus.

You can also check out the roster to get an idea of what cars there are.

>check out the roster
nigga that roster is older than dust

The calendar on the roster is old but even the newest members are on it.

I'm not on there :(

in fact there's a few people missing and there's a shit ton that don't even participate anymore

Good mix of cars, tho from what everyone's saying, I've no idea which of those cars actually participate.

Checked out your map thing too, awesome to see you've got stages mapped out and shit! I've been trying to do a similar thing in lake jackson but there's literally ONE twistie road in the whole town. Hense searching for fun up in Houston.

maybe so but holy shit the new section of 45 between beltway 8 south and down to nasa rd 1 exit is glass smooth

Half of that list is inactive, but I think the variety of cars is still on the same average.

We've tried to find whatever roads we can in Houston, sadly only few of them.

Yeah, growing up in England then living in Rural Ohio when I first immigrated, I never drove on anything but winding country roads with the occasional motorway.

Then I moved to TX, and everything is arrow straight for fuckin MILES. It gets depressing.

>pic related
It's the only twistie road in my town, takes maybe 7-10 mins to run it, and it's a 35 zone so every set of incoming lights you have to slow right the fuck down to a crawl since the cops round here have nothing better to do than patrol the fancy houses that line the street.

Every other twistie road I find on google maps just turns out to be a gated road for all the industrial plants and sites and shit that cover the area.

Still, it's something I guess.

Yea the Houston area and surroundings won't get you many twisties. Roads west of Austin and San Antonio get really nice, surprised not too many Veeky Forumstists there compared to Houston.

If you can find farmlands nearby with the least residential areas then usually those roads are good for driving fast. Near the coast almost all roads will be flat but they are nice roads for cruising.

Yeah, sadly finding that to be true.

I scoped out most of the farm areas nearby, I'm right next to Brazoria, which is just regular farmland and prison farms. But the roads are just as straight, the few curved roads are so minor in their curves they might as well be straight too.

I've got a few good runs nearby that I find empty at night for 'high speed runs' (in my focus that's 110 tops), but straight line speed gets boring fast...

Glad I ain't the only one frustrated with the streets around here.

If I'm up in Houston before y'all have another meet I'll have to try out those stages you've all set out.

Also whataburger

Lake Jackson? hey its not much but if you're ever on my side of town out in the sam houston forest its not particularly twisty but its about the best we got hah. my family farm is there so ill ride around on the nicer roads and usually not be bothered by cops

>Lake Jackson?
It's about 40m-1hr south of Houston.

>Sam Houston Forest
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out sometime but 2hrs is a bit of a drive for to enjoy some roads then drive 2hrs back.

I'll deff get round to it tho, love forest roads! Thanks user.

The closest one for you might be the one near Katy called Dagumi's Circuit, it's got a few nice sweepers, but the bottom half of that track is mostly straights. The other two in the north are worth checking, especially the Sam Houston area like the other user mentioned which has nice sweepers and that track is longer than others.

Or you could've just linked the map in the OP.

zeemaps.com/map?group=2109989&location=Houston, TX#

Main meet in the works, 29th or 28th.

Awesome

Wrong. No one agreed to this.

otherfocusanon here, i used to have a focus pretty much identical as yours, i traded it in for a mustang gt but sometimes i miss the handling of the focus, for an ecobox its got a really tight and balanced suspension, you can really toss it into some corners.

also you can call me othermustanganon now, gonna try not to wipe out any crowds

best gen and damn clean

I hear that man, for what it is I really like it, I just wish I didn't go out and buy a car in a rush so I could have got myself a manual trans.

It does handle nicely, tho the bodyroll is a bit much for me sometimes.

Nice mustang!!! When I finally get myself in the financial situation to get a project car I've already decided on a Mustang GT. But I've got a HUGE crush on the Foxbody. It's tough watching them go up in price... by the time I've got the spare funds there gonna be like 8-10k. Shit sucks.

thanks guys. btw a rear sway bar for the focus improves handling significantly, makes it feel more planted to the ground

Yeah I've heard a swaybar does wonders. I'm split on what to do desu.

>continue to put away tiny amounts of money till I can afford a project/pay off the slowcus faster
>use those tiny sums of spare cash to lightly mod the slowcus so it's more enjoyable day to day
I was never good with such difficult life and death decisions...

what a great view

i say just pay off the focus and save up because thats what i did. also i still have an aftermarket drop in air filter from my focus that ill sell for like $20. it dosent do much performance wise but it makes a cool noise. its the Green Air Filter

Let's see the nightwave stickers

>literally the ONLY thing that isn't stock on my focus
kek, thanks anyway man

Forgot pic because I'm a simpleton

nice, i used to keep my intake cover on, it sounded louder like that for some reason

I'm running lid off atm. I like the louder low end grumble you get when you're crusing.

But I HATE the high pitch 'growl' it has when you're going faster than crusing but not flat out. Just briskly pull away from aset of slights and it goes grrrUUUUUgggrrrUUUUUUUUU... makes me feel obnoxious as fk.

But then I go driving like a hooligan and I can pretend I've got a sweet exhaust and some actual power!!

I also pulled the snorkel out so it can get some more air.

yea i always felt like a ricer because the intake was 10x louder than the exhaust, but it was fun anyways. i even had some coworkers as me if i had an exhaust on it because it made so much noise

Aye, can't bring myself to actually get a new exhaust tho. Been tempted to paint that ugly ass oil drum looking thing black instead, annoys me every time I walk up on it

Ford Racing has an axle back exhaust that sound pretty nice but its only for the focus hatch, but i read on the forums you can fit it on a sedan with some minor modification. but i would just probably save up to get a FiST/FoST or something else, a base model focus dosent really seem like a car to dump money into

It's really not. Prob just gonna save and pay it off then hunt for a foxbody GT for a fun car.

That way I can get crazy with the foxbody and still have a reliable car with ice cold AC, cruse control and comfy seats for every day use.

Part 2 is out

youtu.be/5IsFwq7O5RY

Two of us will be in Austin tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear that.

>page 9
Nah

Nice save

Im from San Antonio what the best Pass we have around here?

There's a fairly famous road out west of you called "The Twisted Sisters."

>I'm sorry to hear that.
kek

Not a Texan native. Never been to Austin.

Is it really as bad as people make out? Is it rly such a cancerous liberal hugbox that it ruins any enjoyment?

Yes

It's a shame that land has been wasted on liberal cucks.
The roads are great for driving, the whole area is scenic. It's not that humid either.
Such a shame it's the capital of Texas..

basically its MTV

Well shit

>want to buy an old 2nd Gen jeep Cherokee
>want to put a brush guard/bull bars on it
>want to cover it in light bars
>want to drive around Houston without being worried about people crashing into me
>want to be able to blind people who act like retards
>want to be able to ram idiots who brake check me
Talk me out of this genius idea anons

It's not that bad, pretty much all of the liberals there are betas so if you aren't a pussy you can do whatever the fuck you want.

The worst part is all the dirty homeless people.

ALL liberals are betas user, that's why they're liberal.

But they've been getting bold lately, smashing people's heads in with bike locks etc

>Talk me out of this genius idea anons

We dont have to
You wont find one in good enough shape to buy for a reasonable price.

People have done what you want to do for the last 20 years because they were plentiful and dirt cheap.
Its not like that anymore.

I bought one back in like 2009, 130k miles body in ok shape, $1100
Youll pay that or more for the same exact truck with 60k more miles and a lot shittier body.

have you guys learned how to turn yet? anymore cool crashes?

Have you heard of the high elves?

Wrong thread, buddy. This is /Hou/, not /SoCal/

>dat silky smooth loop
sexual

what happened to all the other kids