Can someone give me reasons why NOT to buy a Charger R/T. Everywhere I look I hear that the 5...

Can someone give me reasons why NOT to buy a Charger R/T. Everywhere I look I hear that the 5.7 Hemi is indestructable + dat displacement. The v6 might be too small for the weight and the SRT8 is too expensive

You can also get it in AWD and it has 4 doors (for the sake of leafland insurance)

doesn't come in manual :(

Even considering buying an FCA product.

lol no. Also the charger/300/challenger platform is 14 years old.

I agree, would be nice to have a manual, but it's not a dealbreaker for me (suburban living)

I know, I know but there really isn't anything comparable given the price range. Or is there?

What are your needs from a car and whats the budget and I will tell u the best option

Has to be less than $17k CAD, AWD, fast enough stock to enjoy it a little, and preferably 4 doors

Get a used srt8

A nice wrx desu. Just wait to find a one owner one from around 2010 with about 50k miles or something.
Also dodges AWD is a joke

Too poor for that. is the difference between the R/T and the SRT8 really big?

I was thinking about that but I think I'm a bigger fan of the m-muh displacement meme than the vape meme & I could get a newer charger with the same money

Ive driven pretty much the whole charger range and they dont get awesome till the 392 is in it. if you cant stretch your budget to an srt look at a taurus sho. Those are a much better car imo. just get one after the grille change cause the first year had the crap brakes

I didn't know those existed. Thanks!

I might have a different experience with the R/T. my standards for a fast or enjoyable car are rock bottom because I drive an absolute shitbox right now that goes 0-60 in 2 days

The Taurus sho is shit. Tiny backseat, tiny windows, pigfat, etc...

When i bought my dadmobile i drove the sho, r/t, srt, and ss. i ended up with the ss because i wanted the manual and it drove the best. if i wanted an auto i would have gotten the srt. if i wanted the best deal i would have gotten the sho. the sho is a great cruiser and quite comfy for the speed. its got good tech and the awd will beat the other two off the line i any light tolight scenario

The back seat is fine. Would kno I own one

>the 5.7 Hemi is indestructable
Said no one. Ever.

The V6 is fine but it has no manual and that 9 speed transmission is total shit.

>talknig about a 370hp full size sedan
>you should get a 200hp compact sedan

RT scatpack has the 392 and is only about 5k more than the regular RT

No redeeming qualities about the r/t?

The charger (to me) has more of a presence. The body is much more mean, so maybe I should just save longer for the SRT

The only complaints I've heard about chargers were for the pentastars, but I probably should research some more

5k is a lot of money for a college student to save

The only thing that was wrong with the pentastar, as far as I know, was it had serious issues with cylinder heads, but that has been remedied as far as I know.

The charger is a good car but its not great until you get the 392. my ranking would be

chevy SS
Dodge 392
Ford sho
Dodge rt

The taurus is comfier and quicker than the rt for the same price.

>5k is a lot of money for a college student to save

true but the srt he was suggesting is about 15k more

SS isn't sold in Leafland and the cheapest 392 is $46k CAD

I'll have to look at either the SHO or the R/T (or maybe the SRT8)

Another thing is even if you know which one you want you should drive them all because they all have a different way of being great.

The sho is a great highway cruiser and probably the most civilized. its a car that youll be going 100 in if you just drive without watching the gauge.

The SRT is a beast. the gas is basically an on off switch. It will spin the tires in eco mode. its impossible to drive without having a shit eating grin on your face.

The ss has by far the best chassis and suspension. The LS3 makes great noises and the 6 speed puts it all together.

That's probably the best thing to do. Would you rule out the idea of a R/T completely? I had no idea the difference between that and the SRT was as big as other anons say.

I forgot you were in Canada. thanks for the 19 year old drinking age and full nude with booze strip clubs. it made college in Buffalo great.

Dont rule it out because its not bad but i thibk if you drove the rt and the sho you would find the sho to be a better car for the same price

It seems like that's the unanimous decision, I'll try them both. Thanks user

Is there anything that I should look out for (model specific)? No rust, clean interior, clean engine bay(?), anything else?

Being canada rust would be my first concern but service records are always a welcome sight. also id be wary if any shos have aftermarket tunes. while its nice for power id see it as a sign of the car being beat on.

Thanks user!

If you're in fucking college keep driving your econobox and fix it. Save your money for actual important things.

b-but muh skrrrrttttttt :(

people think you're a cop so you end up having longer commutes because people keep slowing down just in case

I figure if I get it in red or some other obnoxious colour it would help with that

You shouldn't buy one at all.

I have never seen a car look so out of place.
No wonder rich people don't buy American cars.
>stone walls
>stucco and decorative garage door
>chrome rim redneck mobile

but why? It's cheap and seems fun and I don't want a japanese econobox full of ebay parts

A McMansion like that costs $300k in the Midwest

dear pleb,
a charger outside of a house like this would be an aesthetic nightmare.
Its not the cost, its the cohesion and presentation.

Of course a decent car would look wrong in front of a shitty looking house.
>muh old money

is this more your style?

It's cheap for someone making plenty money with zero debt. Not cheap for a college student who needs to save as much money as possible to pay for school and/or moving and/or buying a house

Thank you for the concern, but I have my financial situation sorted out and I have this money allocated to getting a proper car

then buy it. hopefully it'll be unreliable as shit and you're not as financially stable as you think you are.

Go find a pre-2011 Charger SRT8. They're probably in your price range by now. 425hp and looks a hell of a lot better than the current gen. Actually LOOKS like a fucking Charger.

Relax.
School's already paid off for me because it doesn't cost a lifetime of working in leafland I just want a car that I can enjoy.

I agree, the new ones look a lot more neutered. I'll have to definitely give the SRT a try. Also checked

>I hear that the 5.7 Hemi is indestructable
No, they like to break valve springs and drop valve seats quite frequently. It's a known thing with them.

Do you know how the cost to repair/frequency of that compares to any problems with the competition (like the sho?)