Demo derby car

So Veeky Forums what would be a good all metal derby car? looking for something hardy that can take a few knocks and keep on revving

A v8 from the older muscle car 80 to 59

350z
the 240sx are pretty good too
also crown vic.

Tricky Vicky

but it depends on what class youre doing

id say go compact due to a much higher availability some old 80s or early 90s shitbox

I also say if youre not going compact to get a W body because those things are eyesores and the less around the better

Volvo 240

I was thinking about going into compact but then I thought of some idiot running an AE86... that gave me nightmares

What about an old crown vic police crusier? those would be beat to hell and also cheap... but I don't know the specs on the vic anyway

this.

its usually just old Fords GMs and a few Hondas

Panthers are great for it for sure

The 240 looks promising, I know Volvo engines are damn near indestructible also..... sounds like a good idea no doubt about that

Jellybean taurus

I think the easiest to find events would be sedan, most of them are throw-away anyhow so the price shouldn't be ludicrous

Last gen FWD Deville. Just remember to ram everyone else backwards.

That's just cheating.

My brother has a foxbody mustang demo car. That thing killed 3 cars in its class and placed 2nd in fullsize. It also killed a volvo that had won 7 previous derbies. In the end what killed it was he got stuck and the loader popped a rear tire moving him.

Fuck you and all the other demo fags

Toyota Supra

Crown Victoria.

>body on frame
>sturdy as fuck
>if you get hit in the ass end the explosion has a chance of killing the other guy

A 60's Imperial.

It's so good, it's banned from a lot of events.

>what would be a good race car
>the one that's banned

air cooled VW engine
no cooling system to break

Some, not all.