Mechanical Hitler's Auto Shop

Why do autists down at the shop have to tighten it so fucking much to the point of retard strength of 40 men.

because they're taught to do that with every nut and bolt

did you wait until the engine was completely cold to take it off?

Let engine get warm then take it off like is implying. Comes loose easy.

It was warm alright. Felt like golden shower running down my arm.

Every Veeky Forumstist should have a pair of these.

I can undo mine with my hand. Y u nignogs torquing them over so fucking much.

In my experience, those suck dick

Pic related works wonderfully, although you have to have a different one for each filter size

Completely useless on a WRX. Have to use on an extension to get it off without scorching my hand and wrist on the exhaust.

Much rather have an Outback or Legacy, can change the oil and filter on those without even jacking up the car.

These are better.

daily reminder that everyone on Veeky Forums that talks about how they change their oil is a high school aged kid just getting into cars

changing your oil is not the litmus test of car knowledge, high school kids say that to make themselves feel good. the real litmus test is changing your brake pads

That's what collage kids say to impress their friends, the real real test is swapping out ur hubs from 4 lug to 5 lug

I drive an STI, why the fuck you gotta jack up your WRX to change the oil?

That shit is also easy as fuck.

You've got noodle arms.
That's fine.
You'll have to learn to adapt to your handicap. The rest of the world isn't going to cater to your special needs.

Even if it's not necessary, jacking up the appropriate side of your car will make the old oil drain significantly faster.

It's a flat 4 you fucking retard, you drain the oil on level ground for best results.

Whatever, faggot. It works for everyone else.

I can't use those, my filter is not sticking out.

Which is easy as fuck

Why

No theyre not!

>Protip
you can use a ratchet strap on your filter.
>Nother protip
use silcon spray as well as oil on the gasket
>Final protip
Buy a jap car, they actually think about this shit

Multiple reasons:
1) Mechanics who don't know/can't be bothered to put some oil on the seal before fitting the filter
2) Modern cars taking oil that's thin as fuck, so you have to tighten the filters up a shitload to stop oil leaking from them
3) Better to do it too tight than too loose; we have the right tools to take them off if they're really damn tight, so we don't even think about whether the customer can too

Channel locks.
440-460

Best.

gtfo nazi

I reckon its a bit counter intuitive, anyone that goes to a shop to change their oil and filter is also likely to be the same fuck that drives around for years without checking their oil, theres some money to be made in unfucking sludge siezed normie vans.

>fidget spinners

Well, that's why you get for letting someone else change the oil on your car, OP. Nobody will care as much about your car as you do.

Because they didn't tighten one down completely and the customer complained that their car was leaking oil, so now they tighten each filter down with the strength of 300 autists just to be sure

As long as they didn't use a wrench to tighten it down, no harm was done and all you're doing is just bitching like a girl.

>Legacy
>change the oil filter without jacking up the car
Dunno about Outbacks but I think Legacies aren't as tall as you think they are

^^^^^^^^^_^^
The correct answer, ever since normies harnessed the power of yelp and google reviews mechanics have had to suck consumer dick.

>mechanics have had to suck consumer dick.
That like a good thing