How does Veeky Forums hold the steering wheel?

How does Veeky Forums hold the steering wheel?

just like your picture when loads of traffic or going fast, otherwise I use just my left hand as it is on the door's arm rest

>low traffic, or low speed

left hand at 9, right arm relaxing

>high traffic, high speed

like your pic

I don't hold it

Left hand at the 12 o clock, right hand on armrest or for eating and drinking

Left hand at 12 at all times, no exceptions

9 and 3 unless I'm cruising

>13:1 steering ratio so I never have to do hand over hand

9 and 3. Don't wrap your thumbs around the wheel. Wraping your thumbs around the wheel is the easiest way to spot a non driver.

I just steer with my penis

10 and 4 at a right turn
3 and 7 at a left turn
either thumb wrapped around bottom of steering wheel/other hand at 3 or 10 when going straight
left wrist over steering wheel at 11 and right hand on 5 when cruising streets
and OP's when driving super hihhg speed

i'm autistic

>his roads are this bad

Thumb and two fingers at 9:00 with my arm on the armrest

>eating and drinking while driving

like dis

>be me
>cave in due to peer pressure and buy a manual
>can't keep my soda in my cup holder because every time I shift I punch the lid off
>can't keep my soda between my legs because every time I press the clutch pedal, I squeeze the lid off

seriously, wtf

learn to drive better nigger. I dailied a 5 speed BMW E30 for 5 years that didnt even have a cupholder

You don't understand my situation

Stop buying Super Triple Big Gulps and you won't have that problem.

maybe don't buy a car that was designed around automatic
i steer with your penis too desu

What I'm saying is, I drove a car with no cup-holders and a manual transmission and still managed to get by just fine without spilling drinks or making a mess.

You can do better!

>maybe don't buy a car that was designed around automatic
was it really?

you take a bottled drink and put it in the passenger seat. i thought all manual drivers did this?

How's the manual treating you besides that?

it's good. I bought my '91 garage-kept with 90k miles on it. The shifter has no wobble whatsoever. The gear lash noise is a little annoying, I think I need to put thicker fluid in the transmission

This, when I drove an automatic. I grip it higher now, but definitely still left hand dominant at all times.

elbow on the door
left hand at 7

'Sconnie life, bitch.

>lower steering wheel to just above legs
>cramp chair up
>right arm on leg, right index finger at 6 chillin, left arm out window
>preemptive hand placement for turns and letting wheel slide back
>turn signal with right hand for shits and giggles
>left foot flat on floor, knee against door
Driving is really fucking relaxing like this

Stop driving your potato like that, Shaun.

Opposite for the first 2, I'm perhaps pushing too tall for my car. But it is relaxing, when the weather isn't 110 degrees outside.

nah, mazda just went oh fugg when they realized that american publications dock a billion stars for not having cupholders, so they slapped a cupholder attachment over a tray in the worst place possible. pic related is how that area was originally designed.

I think a cupholder tucked under the dash right by the center console would be best for all but the freakishly long legged.

But whatever happened to the recessed shelf on top of the dash?

Self driving car?

I hold mine at 12 and 6 o clock.

It's objectively the best and most efficient way to hold the steering wheel.

Short shift kit may cure your woes user

Hand resting on legs, holding wheel with a couple of fingers.

For general cruising. I use my right arm. resting on the armrest. However in tense situations, I go with your pic.

Well i have wrapped my thumps like that on a 2 hour trips and my thumbs got numb....

Right hand at 12 left arm on the door.
When you got power steering you gotta embrace it

You mean like pic related?

I just stick my cups either in my door pockets or tucked between the center console and the passenger seat in my Roadster. No need for a silly dedicated cup holder.

Pretty much.

Nigga fastfood places give you cupholders.

isn't that for vegetables?

do you know what a vegetable is?

valet here. had to park a few cars with these contraptions on em. The steering one is actually fun as shit. the brake by pushing a pole thing is nothing short of dangerous though, not sure how its legal

sure why not.

Probably just a bus

>be learning how to drive
>instructor tells me to turn right
>turn right
>use open palm on steering wheel
>instructor loses his shit
>what the hell are you doing
>dont do that
>you must hold steering wheel with your hand

what the fuck

>but user, that makes your control over the car so much better!

its just a habit i picked up from using a forklift.

is it dangerous?

I've never heard of a chill instructor. I wonder if they're trying to give you more pressure on purpose so you get used to it.

No they just have to say that kind of shit. Open palm could be dangerous in theory if something made your rack knock, and so the wheel suddenly jerks from under your hand. But if you have any ability to act smart under pressure it won't matter.

it's not dangerous unless you're doing it on a twisty highway or something.
Driving instructors often tell things like that because at least 80% of the people don't know what the fuck they are doing.
>sister behind the wheel
>takumi_in_iketanis_s13_in_season_1.webm

Left hand 8 O'Clock right hand resting on center-piece

>Play racing games with a wheel for about a week straight
>Suddenly can't stop holding the wheel like your pic wherever I go

9 and 3 when in serious business mode
left hand on 9 and right on shifter/elbow rest when cruising/traffic driving

L9-R3 sometimes
Most of the time L9 or L7

With my hands.

>right on shifter

take it easy, i am not resting my arm on it

Never had a wreck in 6 years of driving so far.

This, but I never understood why people sperg out about thumbs on the inside.

because autistic Veeky Forums elitists think they are the undisputed experts in all topics

if you get in an accident and you have a manual steering rack it can break your thumbs, depending on where you got hit

So it's basically another thing that trickled down from racecar drivers that doesn't actually apply to most street cars?

8 and 4. It's objectively right. Try it.

6 o clock, or 7 and 5.

9 and 3 if I'm trying hard but I'm pretty familiar on where my right front tire is by now

Lmao your fat then. My thighs can hold a drink and still pull major pulls.

if I'm just cruising, left hand resting on knee at 7 or 6.

2 and 10 if being a boiracer, but it's not comfortable because the 2 spokes of my steering wheel are where I naturally want to put my hands

Yea, but this is the reason your supposed to do it of your deiving offroad. Ive seen alot of broken thumbs over the years from guys that have been driving through paddocks at 30km/h and hit treestumps or rocks

>How does Veeky Forums hold the steering wheel?

Ironically, 2 days ago, there was an asshole BMW that cut me off in the left turn lane. Rather than wait at the end of the left turn line, he kept going straight and when he saw a gap, he shoved his nose in to take cuts in the line.

It was the evening but he had sunglasses on. He was youngish in that 25 year old way and had a groomed short beard to make himself look older or more distinguished I guess. He had both hands at the top of the wheel like 11 o'clock and 1 pm positions. Really odd positions. But he sure kept up the stereotype of stylish assholes drive BMWs.

Buster wore sunglasses and it was twilight. There's a limit to trying to look cool and he was going too far.

In a collision, if you are leaning like that as a passenger, you'll slide under the seat belt. It won't hold you in place. Your feet and legs will be slid underneath the seat in front of you. Your legs will probably break if it is a major collision and shove you up to the hip there. Princess Diana ended up that way as she slid under her seat belt restraints and was shoved underneath the seat in the collision. Otherwise, she should have lived.

3 or 9 when I'm cruising, 3 and 9 when the hammer is down.

I wear sunglasses all the time because of my vampire eyes.

this
right hand is always on the armrest, passenger seat, or shifting
or jerking me off

You have vampire eyes because you wear sunglasses all the time

Left hand elbow lean, right hand 6 o'clock When crusing. Dunno, it feels just right.

>have light blue eyes
>cannot function outdoors without sunglasses unless I feel like waiting for my eyes to adjust for an hour

>cupholders
My car doesn't have them, thank god.

Drive me my ford F-TeenThousand, so of course like the man I am, left always at 12 o'clock, right down my boyfriends pants

Right hand at 1:30-2:00 and left hand hanging out the window usually.

10:00 and 2:00 or thereabouts when the road is really curvy or I have cops behind me though.

Left at 12, right on stick. Once I'm cruising, I move to left at 10, right at 2. If it's a long trek with no traffic, this becomes left at 9 with arm resting, right hand idling wherever.

Like pic related but with thumbs on outside

that truck is so useless

The more impractical something is, the more fanatic its supporters are.

When going wangan as in OP.
That is pretty much 90% of the time...

8 and none

a mix of your picture and using the door as an arm rest and using the armrest near the shifter to hold it really casually.

That's a weird place for a parking brake
>go to put on brake
>grab buddy's dick instead
Whoops!

You are a disgrace to humanity.

left hand on lap, right hand at 4 when cruising at 30. when going for it, left hand on shifter/9, right hand on 3

he's not going to see that comment user, you can't fix the relationship now that he knows

Wished my interior would look like that

What ? Is the best way to hold your steering wheel, period.

Better control, less injuries and comfier. That's how I roll

Is there any other way?

nice miata bro.