Hardtop Miata

Why are Americans so obsessed with the hardtop? You guys don't drive your miatas with the roof down?
Is it for people who can't afford a garage or carport?
I really don't get it, I drive my NA only when the sun is up and then I just kick the roof back. Why should I need a hardtop which just adds weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=NA mx5 coupe
oppositelock.kinja.com/mazda-sold-a-miata-coupe-we-just-didnt-know-about-it-1618120073
youtube.com/watch?v=SNg5sgMRHZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it looks better
>winter driving
>summer driving

Don't fall for the hardtop meme. They're too easy for thieves to steal, a pain in the ass to put on and remove, they usually don't seal very well, and they aren't insulated well/at all and actually make the heat and cold WORSE contrary to what you'd think.

>looking better
Well that's your opinion not a fact
>winter driving
Who the fuck drives a roadster in the winter? My NA never saw a winter in the last 7 years. If you drive it in the summer with hardtop that's beyond stupid, don't buy a roadster next time.

Some people have 8 months of winter, excuse us for driving our car.

It's 95 with high humidity today. Driving with the top down is death.

If you own a roadster in a part of the earth where its winter/snowy for 8 months in the year you really should think about your decisions in life.

More often than not, hard tops are worth more and hold their value better.

I drive with the top down 90%+ of the time March thru November unless it's raining. Even when it's hot/humid AF, as it commonly is in Abba-lamba. I just sweat it out.

As a teenager I had always assumed I'd hate convertibles - then I got my miat and have been DDing it for 9 years now. It helps that I look good and don't have anxiety.

>had to sell my miata
>trying to sell my hardtop
>listed on Wednesday and no responses yet

>he can't remove a hardtop by himself
what a weenie
what price/location?

mr2 spyder here.
Didnt want softtop car but after having I dont want hardtop anymore.
Its so nice to sometimes kick the roof down and cruise home listening to the nice exaust.

Maybe next year...

I have it up for $1000 in Colorado.

I own a roadster.
Its not bad.

Because some of us like what the miata has to offer but don't enjoy sucking penis.

Is it that shitty cracked one?

Lol yeah. What price should I change it to?

So
It's patchy, one day it's 15° out, the next is freezing rain, especially October to November, or March to May. Besides, 12° here is prime cruising weather for me, not too hot and not cold.

There are many reasons to get a hard top. It supplements the roll bar in many racing organizations (often times required for some reason) or can even be used as an alternative to the roll bar in auto cross and other low level events

It adds rigidity, reduces road noise, improves insulation, and makes the car look better.

Takes less than 30 seconds to take off or put back on once you know what you're doing.

With the paint and crack it has, i'd say ask 800, you're more likely to get responses, though people will likely try to lower it closer to ~650.
The one I have on my car I paid 900, but it doesn't have the headliner or defrost, although I had to buy it the morning after it was posted or else another guy was about to.

>hardtop on a roadster
Not even once, you faggots are just too ugly to drive with the roof down.

>Why are Americans so obsessed with the hardtop?
Because it's fucking hot!
Northern Michigan is at about the same latitude as Germany's southern border. Southern Texas latitude is about 100 miles south of fucking Cairo, Egypt.

Then in the winter the polar vortex ensures that it's fucking cold in the areas where a convertible is almost acceptable during the summer.

Solution? A hardtop that actually has a ventilation system and enough weatherproofing to be used year-round instead of an hour or two in the evenings on nice days.

That's the first answer which is not retarded, but your still a faggot

>Who the fuck drives a roadster in the winter?
Plenty of people. You'd know that if you left your basement every now and then.

I live in Louisiana so I can't have an open top when driving around the swamp roads. It's a shame because I really enjoy driving it.

come to the lakefront around New Orleans or Mandeville, a lot less bugs and nice lake breeze.

>pain in the ass to remove
>to easy for thieves to steal

Pick one you idiot

Because soft top a shit. Ditched my soft top and hard mounted my hard top. If they put the NA couple into production, I would've bought one of those instead of the convertible.

but mazda sold like 1000 NA mx5 coupes

>new
>retarded
>unable to use the internet for anything but shitposting

thats you

You must be thinking of the NB coupe. Pretty sure the NA was never put into production.

lmgtfy.com/?q=NA mx5 coupe

Sounds like you don't have a commute.

Americans tend to drive around 30 minutes to an hour five days a week on 60+ mph highways to get to and from their jobs. We don't take the bus or train or walk.
The hardtop reduces cabin noise at high speed and I think that's generally why people like them so much.

>Americans tend to
>We don't take the bus or train or walk.
fuck off hillbilly
just because you have to drive 3 hours to get to a gas station doesnt mean the entire country is that way

theres plenty of huge metro areas with great public transportation

>Back in 2003, Mazda offered a coupe Mazda Roadster for the Japanese market
>RARE, Factory-built: 2004 Mazda Roadster Coupe
>Mazda Miata COUPE NB Roadster Japan Exclusive
>There was no production first generation coupe. There was, however, a yellow NA coupe produced as a show car

I'll feed you baby bird

oppositelock.kinja.com/mazda-sold-a-miata-coupe-we-just-didnt-know-about-it-1618120073

There really aren't, at least not in fields that pay.

>If they put the NA coupe into production, I would've bought one of those
>proceeds to show me links to NB coupes

In that bus rider's defense, NYC, San Francisco, Chicago, DC, and I'm sure plenty more have great public transportation. But the majority of Americans drive, he's just butthurt that he rides like a bitch

fucking idiot

DC transportation is okay, but it's still an hour or more from the burbs into the hellmouth in most cases. Can't speak for the others, but most have great transportation IN the city but not INTO it. Some are better than others.

Then you have your business centers like Atlanta, Texas, Twin Cities, LA, and most of the northeast that are fucking horrible.

eurofag here
i put it for the cold months and it looks amazing

*you're, you fucking faggot

So I'm looking to get a Miata in the next year or so. What's the rundown with hardtops? Is it easy to find one that matches your paint? How much do they cost?

NYC resident here, our public transportation system is fucking horrible. waiting for a bus can take up to half an hour, twice what the MTA says it's supposed to be. Subway stations are extremely hot; 70 degrees in the winter and 100+ in the summer and they're incredibly filthy. Both the buses and trains are nasty, there's trash on the floor/seats and the poles for you to hold onto are fucking greasy/slimy. On top of that add the fact that nearly every week the trains are fucked up and don't run their scheduled routes.

But I have to put up with it because I can't afford $300/month for car insurance and $1500/month for an apartment at the same time.

Me too, man. It's a completely different sound.

Oh, and it has been my only car for five years now, and yes, we have winter where I live. If it's truly so snowy that I can't drive to work, the office is probably going to be closed.

>not being able to fold down your hardtop at the touch of a button

>sitting like a moron while the top gets folded

youtube.com/watch?v=SNg5sgMRHZI

>there are enthusiasts that unironically choose to live in the city instead of commuting to work but then living away from one of those hellholes

All convertables look like shit. That's a fact

living in arizona its hot as fuck. you can blast the AC but still be ridiculously hot with the rag top. hard top is way better.

>Is it easy to find one that matches your paint?

No unless you get a red one

>How much do they cost?

$1000 for a nice one and less than that for a shitty one