Terrifying night drive

I went bungee jumping with my gf for her birthday last night. It was a 2h30min drive from home and it was my first time driving on a two way highway with no lights. We chilled there until 9pm and then had to go back. I was already really tired and it started to rain but very lightly. I am ashamed to say it, even after years of driving experience, it was the most terrifying 2h30 drive I ever did. I couldn't see shit in front of me, like maximum 20 feet. I couldn't use high beam because there always was some cars coming from the other way. The highway is not lit and because of the rain, it was blurry and couldn't gauge me distances. I was constantly blinded by oncoming cars, wipers were going full speed and basically just driving blind. On top of that, I had an annoying woman playing music and talking to me and I just acted like a robot all along because I was focusing on not dying.

Anyone else had a terrifying experience?

You should start a blog

You must be short. If you sit tall in your seat, the angle of your eyes to the lane markers is better and you can see the road better. The more parallel your view is to the roadway surface, the more the rain and other car headlights wash out the lane markers. With the washed out lane markers, no wonder you felt bad driving at night.

This is another reason why some people like SUV simply because the height above the road surface gives them a better "look down" angle to see the lane markers and turtles if it rains or if there is oncoming traffic.

No...it's just you. I've been driving since I stole my dad's car at 14, and I'm 52 now...nothing really bothers me anymore...

Every time you are blinded by oncoming cars, remember to look down at the road to the right (Assuming you're an amerifat). Use the white line as a guide.

Height does make a difference. I much prefer being in my Kenworth at night or in rain because the road stands out so much better than it does in a car. Any road markings are icing on the cake.

It takes surprisingly long to learn this, but if you're not comfortable driving then stop. There's not a damn thing on the other end that's worth the consequences of a fuck up.

Wow stole my dads car when I was 13 and I'm 53 now and I feel the same way! Aren't we just such badass?! Damn kids think they are so smart these days but they ain't! Am I right?

>...
What did he mean by this?

I stole my mom's husband's car at 12, I'm 54 now. Nothing can touch me.

Just go slower next time it happens and tell your passengers that you just really want to focus. I've been in situations where I can't see because of oncoming traffic and I try to pay more attention to the lane lines. Even if I can't see in front of me for a few seconds, if I just stay in my lane I should be good. But yeah just try driving a little slower and don't let passengers stress you out

>be me, 17
>have to pick up little brother and his friend from town
>it's a fucking monsoon outside
>can only see about 15 feet in front of me
>slowly creep to town
>finally get to meeting place, little prats aren't even there
>head home after waiting almost an hour for him
>turns out they walked to a friend's house because they was too impatient to wait 15 minutes
>"why are you so slow?"
>"dude it's just rain lmao"
my parents were mad as hell at the little retard. The point of this blogpost is that people generally have no idea how hard it is to drive in a torrential downpour until they have to do it themselves.

of course, nothing bothers me now since I stole my wife's son's car 30 years ago.

>I went bungee jumping with my gf for her birthday last night.
First clue the story was bullshit.

Driving in rain never bothers me, even in the hardest of rain you can always see a little bit. I only get nervous driving in white out conditions, like when you can only see the end of your hood. That combined with the fact it might be icy is when things start to get hektik

>I went bungee jumping with my gf for her birthday last night.
That's new to me if there is a commercial company that offers legal spots to bungee. But my annual state fair has its bungee jumping attraction and it's pretty tall too. We also have established companies that have indoor skydiving. One of them is even next to a major mall area. The oddest exotic expensive attractions....

But really, if you cannot see the road markers, then sit higher up in your car. Don't lower the seat with the controls just to look cool. If you have electric seat controls, set them to elevate the seat upwards.

This is where you buy proper headlights.

I bought some LED headlights i dropped in the projection housings for $25 and they throw light further and wider than any halogens. Last me a year so far, they light up the road like high beams but because they're in housings they're legal and not blinding.

fucking pussy i once drove a rear wheel drive truck from Troy NY to Cleveland OH at night with 6 inches of snow on the ground in complete whiteout on 96 hours of straight no-sleep and I wasn't some little bitch about it.

I hate these threads.

>with my gf
normie get out

I hope your car burns down.

You sound like a Fiat driving faggot

People terrified to drive should not be driving period. Fucking prove me wrong.

Not sure pal, I was driving shitty 50cc ATV in roads where big transport lorries flied by my side. I kinda like the danger, makes more confident.

>be 19
>have a chevy prism
>go out with people
>smoke a lot
>driving back to drop people off an hour away
>halfway there it starts turning into a blizzard
>can't see shit
>look in rear mirror
>girl is making out with a guy when it's dead silence and I can't see

Well dugger my fuck