/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Sil edition

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34 (embed)
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f (embed)

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu (embed)

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Infra Arcana on Windows:
pastebin.com/S761eT4B (embed)

>PCB challenge
Leprechaun monster race
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

Last

>(embed)

stop making these before page 10

what sort of godless degenerate would have (embed) around fucking pastbin lol

threads before page10 is fine
it was already bumplimit anyways, the difference is only a half hour or so

(embed) (embed) (embed)

>Embed

you may retire when ready

>The razor sharp barbs (embed) themselves into your bandages!

Shut up

>Spent 30 minutes watching me stairdancing around a hill giant and a centaur squad so I could get to Lair

I hope whoever was watching had fun.

> (embed)
unexpected in /rlg/ of all places

>not even telling people you're playing
>hope you watched

Bad form.

you'd normally expect more than 3int in arelgee but OP is a mibe who likes /r9k/-tier memes

But I was talking about 1 guy who was watching me for whatever reason.

What do you have against tome4?

it's really quite disappointing how such an exalted general capable of producing doyen capable of mumo and ivan wins also gave birth to the kind of unskillful peasant that would embed the unembeded

too much chaff
and then the dangerous enemies like elites/uniques have random abilities so you have to go through the tedious process of peeking at everything's character sheet to see how dangerous it is (or more likely you just ignore that step and gamble with your life while otabbing at them)

What was the PCB-R class that teleports stuff at high levels

you don't otab in tome 4... fking dumbass

Scout

you mean the one with antisummoning powers?
scout

for maximum meme play a demigod and take cult of personality so half of the summons that DON'T get blocked come out friendly anyways

But scout is a regular PCB class

Are you sure you don't mean Hunter
that's PCB-R exclusive

fifty different special snowflake resources that don't have any real gameplay effect
cooldown system stacked on top of fifty different resources
modal
shit graphics
tedious fucking loot game
random massive difficulty spike at final boss randomly

the skill system is pretty cool though i guess

otab isnt just a button user
it is a state of mind

when you are in sokoban in nethack mashing ctrl-direction at the entranceway of the zoo room you are otab

when you mash your "cast magic missile at closest enemy" macro to kill a pack of orcs in pcb you are otab

when you play tome by rolling your face along the keyboard to push attack spell hotkeys at random you are otab

I had Elona open and I was doing things in it for a few hours but I'm not actually sure I played anything.

pcbr didnt add scout but it gave scout antisummoning

>Not learning how to harness the Otab

>tomorrow

>doesn't even know how tomorrow looks like
That's the custom halloween theme user

but what happens when you otab into a two handed ogre

does the willow accept the chance that if the RNG is against you, you die?

sorry i have a hard time recognizing inferior suboptimal plebian styles

be ever mindful of max damages and always be outside twoshot range

Bison getting handled by reaver and forest creation. Mana bolt yourself my friend.

where'd you get lesser black reavers from user?
is there a summon greater undead spell that early?

>172 (One-hundred-and-seventy-two) HP

how will you get XP though

I've got em from trump 3 book, level 24 summon undead spell, you just gotta spam it a little before bounty on undead beholders and iron liches will pop out. Also Bison dropped demon 3 book, what a nice guy.

Why? Next you want me to remove all the new monsters, then the new objects, and so on until slex becomes just another generic boring vanillaoid nethack variant.

Have you ever put much consideration in the fact that nobody plays your fork exactly because of those things

When you click , instead of m and whole day of grinding goes down the drain.

I told you

>172 hp

RUK
U
K

You just need to be more efficient with your grinding. Poschengband was never designed around mages, so don't bother playing one with stuff like ironman/no_wilderness on.

but someone stops him from sudokuing

RUKD.COM

Ruks are the ultimate weapon.

Its fun, until you die. Now getting all this shit back is not so fun so fuck it. Its just too easy to lose attention and press wrong spell and be fucked in the ass sideways.
Fuck ruks, i was avoiding all direct confrontation with giants prior this shit, wanted to get some exp, got 2 ruks in face in row while pressing wait instead of cast bushes.
But wilderness fucks me up even harder, I've lost two dudes to angvil just because some spawned trash killed me in two turns while i was mindlessly walking to shop

This is why you play classes that have actual AC and HP

so where is the second win
he has spent like a full year of real time in-game spamming mumos
there's no way it's more efficient playing properly

But I wanted to be a wizard who has more MP than HP! AC is useless anyway, just dont get hit.

*than playing properly

Sure it's more efficient, it's just that he's also died much later on for no reason too.

For the first few dungeon levels you can basically just screw around/play suboptimally and hope to get some nice equipment. But when you actually find nice equipment (1/10 games) he also can't pull wins out of those.

>games so fucking bad and thread so fucking dead people bitch at it being posted when it starts to die and the (embed)s instead of discussing roguelikes

Oh man remember that time I died to jogrun with all that crazy gear

ponyposter post selfie

this

I am not roguelikes

nobody is roguelikes, user
Not even Chris, and he's a god

Who the fuck is ponyposter

I don't even like rogue

a gestalt of several different thematic shitposters

just like baitbro

just like awoo-user

just like phoneposter-kun

I only lite rogue

>stop making these before page 10

>70 posts in
>Only one guy posted a screenshot of his run

We died years ago and never noticed

Also

I'm playing roguelikes.
Currently autisming up some pelts/hides out of nothing which is taking forever

i'm drunk and sad

I wish I was drunk. I'm just sad.

I'm ok and not drunk

You have a problem?
Play MuMo until you forget about it.

>The Rock giant throws a large rock.
THE RUK

It seems good, but I don't know if the D2 playerbase will adopt it or not - even if it's a huge project it's still a mod, after all.

Well it's either that or D3 honestly.

For me it's Skol. The best roguelike companion.

We do not talk about the third son, user

honestly d2 should just die. it's a great game and there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not something you can play for 10 years

People seem to disagree! That being said, yes - we've had a few decently worth successors in Torchlight and PoE. Huge shame that the PoE devs seem to engage in really shady underhand RWT blackmarket stuff, or I would've actually played it a bunch.

no he is one specific autist
he spent like a month posting 500-conduct vampire convict splats in dynahack before eventually discovering the ultimate turboscum method and winning

he spent a shorter amount of time posting the splats of sexy nightmare yeeks in poschengband too

>rewatching the mumo vods

Man these things are so chill to listen.

Don't forget the archmage ultra adom win

you ameribros dont know how good you have it
on eu,nobody ever spectates you, at prime time there are 30 players online, nobody speaks to eachother, some people even make new accounts to hide their losses

god i love dicks and his friend's voice
the vods are classic

i thought that's because they're all finnish

SHENA'S ASS
H
E
N
A
'
S

A
S
S

TEDIUM
E
D
I
U
M

SHIT GAME DESIGN
H
I
T

G
A
M
E

D
E
S
I
G
N

>Huge shame that the PoE devs seem to engage in really shady underhand RWT blackmarket stuff
First I've heard of this. What are you talking about?

If you couldn't play it for 10 years, it wouldn't be alive today.

who actually played it continuously for that long though

>angband L40
>Sorc Lvl 29
>172 HP
user please just stop. Grind constitution potions off Dragons if you ever want to play sorc again. Roll Demigod of Hades instead of whatever nonsense you picked.

>nowilderness
>grind dragons

>just dont get hit.
>gets instantly killed by ruk
ok

in pcb can i play as a lovecraftian tentacled horror

no he got hit by ruk, brought to lowhp, then fatfingered a button that wasn't forest creation and got killed by ruk#2

Divine storm is so good. So long as you keep leaping around like that dude at the end of Kungfu Hustle, it stays up and empowers your cleave walking and lunge stabs. I literally just fisted most of the vault without a problem.

>nowilderness
>sorc
it's fault before he even starts playing

he might as well just roll snotling blood knight and accept his masochism for what it is

>just don't get hit

You can play a mindflayer or a shoggoth. I'm not sure there's a proper tentacled horror.